Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: As I've said, traffic stops/checkpoints are the real danger zone...

Quote Originally Posted by Heinz View Post
    Damn, 1 pill, ONE pill. Why didn't he just eat it?
    Thinking about that too, only thing I can figure is that before they pulled over he just never figured he'd be searched (as the passenger) or that it would be an issue. By the time the attention turned to him he probably didn't have a chance to quickly gulp it without notice. Because they didn't get the driver, just him, probably on his person, likely in a pocket. Hell, maybe even forgot it was even there, I've had that happen a few times.

I've mentioned this in the past here, but for checkpoints and travel, since I mix my trams with headache powder usually anyways, I'll mix the capsule form into the ones that come in the individual paper wrappers in the packets. They aren't sealed, just folded up in the wrappers, so I can mix and replace without them looking like they've been messed with. Scroll through the GIS results for Goody's Headache Powder or BC Headache Powder and you'll soon see what I mean, for those not familiar - it actually sort of blows my mind the FDA allows that packaging. Now, I'm not sure this mixing is entirely safe so not officially recommending it, but the combo of meds has always worked well for me. And, still could get caught if they get suspicious, some lady got busted for plain headache powder once since the cop didn't know what it was, but in the original packaging, once again, improving the odds. They would have to actually test it to determine what was mixed in (and I might only mix a couple), and get suspicious about it first.
    Helpful Sushi Rated helpful
    Likes Heinz liked this post

Gullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond repute
    Gullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond repute
    It bears repeating that you do not have to consent to a search of your car or person. If they think they have cause they will not ask, they will tell you to get out and they are going to search. Asking means they have nothing but would like to mess with you in hopes of finding something, anything. Neither are they supposed to search you without cause. They do have wiggle room in that they can pat you down for weapons if they "suspect" you might have them. But not make you turn out your pockets.

Never ever consent to any search, your car, person, house, purse, nothing. If they come to the door and want to come in, say no. If they ask if they can look around your property say no. Never argue with them about why, just say no and if its your home just close the door on them. If you are pulled over driving, ask them if you are free to leave.

Never cave in to threats "we will bring the drug dog and tear your car apart, tow it and it will cost you thousands to get it back" Just keep saying no. Eventually they realize they will get no easy arrest out of you and tell you to beat it. Never admit to anything even something that may have happened decades ago. "you ever smoke pot or pop pills?" No sir, am I free to go?

joebob is a glorious beacon of lightjoebob is a glorious beacon of lightjoebob is a glorious beacon of lightjoebob is a glorious beacon of lightjoebob is a glorious beacon of lightjoebob is a glorious beacon of lightjoebob is a glorious beacon of lightjoebob is a glorious beacon of lightjoebob is a glorious beacon of lightjoebob is a glorious beacon of light

A few simple words can go along way.
    I don't consent to searches.
    Lawyer.
    If they ask for my drivers license and registration I had it over and say nothing else. Let them bring a dog and try to scare you. Stay calm and remember that dogs can't smell pills. If they managed to say the dog signaled then say nothing else except "lawyer".
    If the court asks how the search was initiated. The LEO says the dog signaled for (substance that dogs could find) and that substance was not present or found in the vehicle but controlled medicine was found. The judge will toss the charges for illegal search and seizure.
    Check your states laws if your in the US for more information.
    Helpful Anne Onomis, petite, toby, wildings Rated helpful
    May your orders be swift and your pain be free". JB,

4. I'd be afraid to carry narcotic scripts ina bottled labeled as such. People will rob, mug, harm, even murder over them. The law bs. The spirit of the law is insane.
    Likes Anne Onomis liked this post

5. Never consent to a search, no matter how much you are pressured. Do you experience a lot of traffic checkpoints? Especially during certain times of the year?

Quote Originally Posted by Joantesch View Post
    Never consent to a search, no matter how much you are pressured. Do you experience a lot of traffic checkpoints? Especially during certain times of the year?
    One of the counties bordering mine is insane about them, doesn't seem tied to the time of year though. I've never seen any other area do them like they do there, but a number of other places are just high-risk for getting pulled over for small stuff. Holidays seem bad in general, on the whole. There is risk either way on whether you consent or not, how they'll react and what they'll come up with to do it anyways or if a bluff could work and net a very cursory look, overall though important to try to keep your car clean if at all possible, or if you have to have them with you take precautions mentioned in the thread. Anybody who is taking a lot of precautions with their computer then carrying pills in their cupholder is doing it wrong. If you are just a small-time self-medicating buyer and not otherwise on their radar, getting into legal trouble outside of travel appears to be exceedingly rare. And of course, if you do find yourself in trouble, never ever talk. Ever. "I want a lawyer." Period. They know every damn trick to get you to stick your foot in your mouth and talking NEVER helps you. Even if you end up having to do some talking so you don't rot for years for your vacation stash (a very small amount of some things can have bad mandatory minimums in some places), you still never do it without the lawyer. And be very hesitant to trust anybody otherwise... when their ass is on the line, most people will sing like canaries, and make up a few lines as they go to pry their own cage open a bit more. Safer for them really not to give up the names of the ones who may really come back after them. The inquisitors are much like the ones of old, they don't care much that Goody Hawthorne may have been just brewing a few herbs to soothe her bones and not invoking demons, they want names and can spin it from there.
    Likes Joantesch liked this post

7. That's just insane. You can't consent or if it's one pill, pop it quick... just sayin lol

8. Travel does seem to be the most dangerous way to get caught. If there's any way to travel without medication, try to do so.

Mira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond repute
    Mira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Joantesch View Post
    Never consent to a search, no matter how much you are pressured. Do you experience a lot of traffic checkpoints? Especially during certain times of the year?
    In some places, you dont have to consent. They can search on probable cause. They can also tow your car if they want to. The laws vary from place to place so denying consent to search may work where you live, but it may not somewhere else.

If people keep their car reasonably clean and handle their meds appropriately, there is really no need to refuse the search, other than just battling the cop that pulled you over for some infraction. I learned my lesson about having drugs (heroin...) or paraphernalia in my car or in my purse many years ago. Its just not worth the hassle and a jerk off cop can make that hassle a big hassle if they want to.

As for checkpoints, we get them randomly around here and in the weirdest places. On the other hand, they will set up shop at a toll booth for a bridge or tunnel and even if your sticker is expired by 2 days, they'll flag you over to the side. Been there and done that too.
    EDIT TO ADD-- I tried the "NO" thing a few times. The local cops made it a point to pull me over any time they saw me. Harassment? Yeah, probably was. I was also a heroin addict and odds were I either had an open warrant or they would find something on me and they knew it. The "NO" thing only works if you're squeaky clean.

Bottom line-- its just not worth it. Leave your medication at home and if you have to take it with you, put it in a pill bottle. If you dont have a script for what you're carrying, put it in a bottle where the pill description matches closely or find some generic sinus medicine or something like that and put it in that bottle. Overall, the chances of getting busted that way are rather slim but if you have an accident or get pulled over, you'll wish you had left it at home.
    Last edited by Mira; 12-21-2017 at 02:09 AM.
    Likes floridagator liked this post
    Seize the time. Live now; make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again. Picard

Mira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond repute
    Mira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantherfan View Post
    I'd be afraid to carry narcotic scripts ina bottled labeled as such. People will rob, mug, harm, even murder over them. The law bs. The spirit of the law is insane.
    Why would anyone need to know that you have such a bottle on you in the first place? Just curious. I dont tell people when I have medication in my purse and someone would have to get awfully close to the bottle to even see what it is. Its no one's business. Take the meds in the bathroom, not out in the open for the world to see. If someone is going to steal my bag, they would be stealing it just to be a criminal not because they know what's in it.

I would imagine it might be a bit different for a guy that doesnt carry a purse.... but still. No one should know even if you're carrying tylenol. No one's business.
    Likes Sushi, Anne Onomis, petite, Gullible liked this post
    Seize the time. Live now; make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again. Picard

Earthdog is a jewel in the roughEarthdog is a jewel in the roughEarthdog is a jewel in the roughEarthdog is a jewel in the roughEarthdog is a jewel in the roughEarthdog is a jewel in the roughEarthdog is a jewel in the rough

I do carry a few pills every day in an older Prescription bottle that I have for a current Rx. If someone takes them it's no huge loss. I've heard that's important.

There have been so many good points made in this thread I can’t quote them all in one reply!

I always thought carrying the bottles was the way to go until encountering numerous accounts of LE using this very same “must-do” as a combination “open-container/proof of purchase/a-ha! So THAT’S your doctor”.
    I have to say I started wondering if if any way was correct.

I finally settled on the appropriate vials in a emergency first aid kit with all the other stuff one needs, not close to hand in the car.

This is an old thread, I know, but it certainly got my attention!
    Likes Mrs Parker, wildings, Anne Onomis liked this post

LeeAnn has a brilliant futureLeeAnn has a brilliant futureLeeAnn has a brilliant futureLeeAnn has a brilliant futureLeeAnn has a brilliant futureLeeAnn has a brilliant futureLeeAnn has a brilliant futureLeeAnn has a brilliant futureLeeAnn has a brilliant futureLeeAnn has a brilliant futureLeeAnn has a brilliant futureLeeAnn has a brilliant futureLeeAnn has a brilliant futureLeeAnn has a brilliant futureLeeAnn has a brilliant futureLeeAnn has a brilliant futureLeeAnn has a brilliant future

Legally they cannot search your car or your purse without your consent or a warrant unless they see even a baby aspirin on the floor. Then they tell you to get out and you must do this but at the same time you should be politely saying that you object to the search. Supposedly that helps in court to get it dismissed.

I had a bit of luck one night. A few years ago, one of the local cops saw me swerve a bit when I was eating while driving. He turned around and chased me down and told me I was intoxicated and made me get out of the car. I was a middle aged woman alone with her hamburger on a Friday night so I must have been drunk. He did a sobriety test, touch your nose and stand on one foot and the whole deal. I passed with no problem, so he told his partner to get into my car and look. I had an Excedrin bottle full of fioricet in my purse and they were in my bloodstream. But the cop looked in the bottle and thought they were Excedrin. He just got in his car and drove away. I still get a smile whenever I think of it.
    That which doesn't kill us makes us stronger

As an (overseas) anxiety sufferer who occasionally enjoys a vacation in the US, this is terrifying! Actually I do have prescrip boxes, but would prefer not to travel with metallic strips in my purse (cos X-rays) ... it's ridiculous that law-abiding people with health problems are persecuted like this! Talk about a sledgehammer to crack a nut ...
    Likes LeeAnn liked this post

Default Just a bit of advice about this...

I think about this every single day.
    We live in a police state, even if youre a bit more comfortable up there in the upper middle class.
    I live in a rural area, just a post office and a school. Everyone knows everyone even if theyve never met. Meth is everywhere, destroying an unbelievable number of families and leaving everyone with full on psychosis.
    When I drive in my ugly and conspicuous vehicle, I assume I will be getting pulled over. There are multiple clever hiding spots around my car, that would never be found in a normal search. Dogs cant smell pills.
    If you only have one or two emergency pills with you, keep them where you can easily eat them with minimal movement. Imagine the view the cop has of you.
    Keep your trap shut! They want easy admission of guilt.
    Everything legally prescribed keep in a current bottle.
    Dont drive anywhere close to intoxicated! If they think youre sloshed or tweaking they will get their blood test. If you have 2 drugs in your blood that are not prescribed = DUI.
    Be safe out there. Think ahead. Be smart.
    Love yall.
    Helpful jaders Rated helpful
    Likes LeeAnn liked this post
    Ask me anything about classical guitar.

16. The cops are so corrupt, it's almost a moot point now, whether you consent or not to a search.

My son was stopped recently for speeding on a country road and the cops asked him to exit the vehicle and take a "field sobriety" test, without any pretext. When he asked if he had the legal right to refuse the test, they yanked him forcefully out of the car, roughed him up, and threw the cuffs on him right on the spot, the motherless pricks. Then, without consent, they inspected his vehicle and found a bottle of booze (unopened) and a small bag of weed (which is legal here). Apparently, they decided that was enough to charge him with two felony counts and they threw him in the local hooskow until I could bail him out - for speeding!

As a libertarian, this has me really fired up. Not only do I want these trumped-up charges dismissed, but I hope the 'roided up, wannabe-soldier cops that pulled this stunt fry in hell for this. As far as I'm concerned, all substances should be fully legalized and freely available to all. And they should not be used to amp up charges against otherwise law-abiding citizens.

And if the corporate-fascist, globalist pharmacies aren't willing to sell so-called "controlled" drugs to consenting adults, then the state should step up and establish public owned pharmacies and make everything available at subsidized prices so that we can undercut the big pharma chains and run them into the ground. This would also solve the so-called 'opioid crisis' by making clean, safe maintenance drugs available to those in need, and eliminate unsafe street drugs and black market cartels. It would also greatly reduce OD's, because ppl would now know what they are taking, instead of playing Russian Roulette with street H. Prohibition has gone so extreme now, that not only fentanyl but god-forsaken sufentanil is now finding its way onto the streets, a drug thousands of times the potency of fentanyl, thanks to the drug warriors.

I don't like taxes on principle, but as a citizen, I'd GLADLY pay taxes to see public pharmacies put in place to give ppl safe and cheap alternatives. Screw these politicians, especially the jerk-wad governor of my own state, the same idiot that outlawed vaping - vaping, for chrissakes. He's nothing but a corporate shill serving his globalist masters, the Bush's and the Romneys. I can't wait to go door to door in 2020 and campaign against him - AGAIN. I'll support anyone that runs against this jerk.

It's time to get rid all of these autocrats that think they own us.
    Drug criminalization is modern-day slavery.

i think a lot of places you have to do the field sobriety test or it can be used against you in court, i've had to do one once or twice... getting pulled over is such a flipping awful experience.

i think the government could commandeer patented pharmaceuticals and manufacture them.
    Likes GreenThumb liked this post

jaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond repute
    jaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenThumb View Post
    The cops are so corrupt, it's almost a moot point now, whether you consent or not to a search.

My son was stopped recently for speeding on a country road and the cops asked him to exit the vehicle and take a "field sobriety" test, without any pretext. When he asked if he had the legal right to refuse the test, they yanked him forcefully out of the car, roughed him up, and threw the cuffs on him right on the spot, the motherless pricks. Then, without consent, they inspected his vehicle and found a bottle of booze (unopened) and a small bag of weed (which is legal here). Apparently, they decided that was enough to charge him with two felony counts and they threw him in the local hooskow until I could bail him out - for speeding!

As a libertarian, this has me really fired up. Not only do I want these trumped-up charges dismissed, but I hope the 'roided up, wannabe-soldier cops that pulled this stunt fry in hell for this. As far as I'm concerned, all substances should be fully legalized and freely available to all. And they should not be used to amp up charges against otherwise law-abiding citizens.

And if the corporate-fascist, globalist pharmacies aren't willing to sell so-called "controlled" drugs to consenting adults, then the state should step up and establish public owned pharmacies and make everything available at subsidized prices so that we can undercut the big pharma chains and run them into the ground. This would also solve the so-called 'opioid crisis' by making clean, safe maintenance drugs available to those in need, and eliminate unsafe street drugs and black market cartels. It would also greatly reduce OD's, because ppl would now know what they are taking, instead of playing Russian Roulette with street H. Prohibition has gone so extreme now, that not only fentanyl but god-forsaken sufentanil is now finding its way onto the streets, a drug thousands of times the potency of fentanyl, thanks to the drug warriors.

I don't like taxes on principle, but as a citizen, I'd GLADLY pay taxes to see public pharmacies put in place to give ppl safe and cheap alternatives. Screw these politicians, especially the jerk-wad governor of my own state, the same idiot that outlawed vaping - vaping, for chrissakes. He's nothing but a corporate shill serving his globalist masters, the Bush's and the Romneys. I can't wait to go door to door in 2020 and campaign against him - AGAIN. I'll support anyone that runs against this jerk.

It's time to get rid all of these autocrats that think they own us.
    WOW!! I hope you sue the f**k out of these bastards. Do they have to wear the body cams in your area? Would you be able to request that. Geez, I hope you find a way to some justice here...
    Likes Stevo1, songsiren liked this post
    The cause of all suffering is attachment...

songsiren has much to be proud ofsongsiren has much to be proud ofsongsiren has much to be proud ofsongsiren has much to be proud ofsongsiren has much to be proud ofsongsiren has much to be proud ofsongsiren has much to be proud ofsongsiren has much to be proud ofsongsiren has much to be proud ofsongsiren has much to be proud ofsongsiren has much to be proud ofsongsiren has much to be proud ofsongsiren has much to be proud ofsongsiren has much to be proud ofsongsiren has much to be proud ofsongsiren has much to be proud ofsongsiren has much to be proud of

@GreenThumb, that's utter bulls***!!! I would get a lawyer and get those charges dismissed and see what kind of compensation your son can get for the police misconduct. Cops don't like to be questioned, but it's our right to do so without fear of police brutality... I would think that a lawyer would love to take this case seeing as it's riddled with cop power trip injustice. :
    Likes jaders liked this post
    A moment of patience in a moment of anger saves you a hundred moments of regret.

20. Quote Originally Posted by unicycl36ber View Post
    i think a lot of places you have to do the field sobriety test or it can be used against you in court, i've had to do one once or twice... getting pulled over is such a flipping awful experience.

i think the government could commandeer patented pharmaceuticals and manufacture them.
    They do charge you with an OUI for refusing to take a field sobriety test here.

I was pulled over years back for crossing the center line on a narrow, double-lane highway in NH. The state trooper that pulled me over told me I was driving too slow, which was total bullshit, I was driving 38mph on a road with a 50mph speed limit. He asked me if I had been drinking. I said "no", but he made me do a field sobriety test anyway. When I passed it perfectly, this smart-ass thought he'd catch me off-guard by asking me to recite the alphabet backwards. I recited it so fast, he stood there with a confounded look on his stupid moon-face and said "well, okay, you're obviously not drunk" (yeah, good call, Sherlock) and he let me go. Nevertheless, it was a frustrating, humiliating experience, being pulled over with a car load of friends and subjected to unnecessary harassment.

From what I've learned thus far in my limited experience with the Fascist revenue-generators...

...never exit your vehicle if you're pulled over, just keep your hands on the steering wheel in plain sight and give them your license and registration, that's it. Keep your window cracked just enough to allow you to talk through it. Be polite but firm in your interaction with the Fascists. You are not required to answer any questions, such as "where were you going", "what is your business in this part of town", etc. Just say nothing.

......When they ask you "do you know why I stopped you?", don't answer them, this is a trap intended to get you to unwittingly admit to the charge. Just politely ask them why you were stopped, and whether you are being detained.

.....NEVER comply with a search request, there is no possible advantage to you, even if they find nothing. The cops will lie to you and tell you it will go easier on you if you are upfront with them and admit to possession of anything illegal. Don't fall for this trap. If you comply with their request, you will be arrested on the spot and taken to jail. If you refuse to consent to a search and they threaten to call for backup or a K-9 unit, call their bluff....most of the time, they are too lazy to go through the extra bother and they won't follow through on the threat if they sense that you know your rights. Besides, their time would be better spent harassing other poor souls that don't know their rights, or chiseling freebies of coffee and donuts at the local D&D.

And, @jaders, they do wear body cams here, but the defense attorney advised against pushing the issue, as it can often work against you, I'm not sure why, but I have to trust this guy as he specializes in this area of defense law. His strategy right now is to file a motion for dismissal of the evidence, since it was obtained without legal consent. If the judge rules in favor of dismissal, the cop's have no case and the felonies will get tossed out.

Tl;dr. Never cooperate with the government Fascists. They are not your friends and they will NEVER ever cut you a break in exchange for your cooperation. Treat every interaction with them as a strategic battle.
    Drug criminalization is modern-day slavery.

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12