Thread: Seizure Notices and the Trusted Traveler Program

dtek is a splendid one to beholddtek is a splendid one to beholddtek is a splendid one to beholddtek is a splendid one to beholddtek is a splendid one to beholddtek is a splendid one to beholddtek is a splendid one to beholddtek is a splendid one to beholddtek is a splendid one to beholddtek is a splendid one to beholddtek is a splendid one to beholddtek is a splendid one to beholddtek is a splendid one to beholddtek is a splendid one to behold

Default Seizure Notices and the Trusted Traveler Program

While surfing the web tonight I ran across an article on the lifehacker website that might be relevant to PR's US citizens. You can read the article here: Your Amazon Order Might Lock You Out of Trusted Traveler Programs

The article talks about a guy's inability to get approved for Global Entry status in the Trusted Traveler program; a Customs and Border Protection program that expedites border entry for pre-approved low-risk travelers. The guy, apparently, was denied renewal of his status in Global Entry because he (unknowingly) ordered a counterfeit suitcase from an Amazon vendor (not from Amazon itself but from someone who sells on Amazon). The guy never received the luggage and Amazon refunded his money. But it appears that the stuff was counterfeit, the attempt to import was flagged by CBP, and CBP flagged the guy in their system. The article speculates that the vendor probably received a seizure notice but the guy never knew how or why his merchandise did not arrive.

Anyway, this got me to thinking: is receiving a seizure notice (aka "a love letter") enough to prevent one from accessing the Trusted Traveler programs? Everything I've read here suggests that CBP doesn't keep track of who has received love letters. But this article implies that somehow this guy's attempt to buy counterfeit luggage resulted in his entry into a CBP database.

Does anyone know if CBP has recently changed its policy on keeping track of seizure notices? And has anyone here been approved for a Trusted Traveler program after having received a seizure notice?

It used to be that keeping track of such things was too big a job to be worthwhile. But in today's computer driven age, it's increasingly easy to dump data into a database and find uses for it later.

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
    Seizure Notices and the Trusted Traveler Program
  3. There is a thread here about Global Entry, and several have been denied or had it revoked after a LL. so, I'm willing to bet CBP does keep track of LL. My 84 year old MIL still had a record somewhere from when she brought a banana into the country once decades ago, lol, when she applied for her Global Entry a few years back to make her trips home from the Caribbean faster through customs.
    Helpful dtek, Anne Onomis Rated helpful

dtek is a splendid one to beholddtek is a splendid one to beholddtek is a splendid one to beholddtek is a splendid one to beholddtek is a splendid one to beholddtek is a splendid one to beholddtek is a splendid one to beholddtek is a splendid one to beholddtek is a splendid one to beholddtek is a splendid one to beholddtek is a splendid one to beholddtek is a splendid one to beholddtek is a splendid one to beholddtek is a splendid one to behold

Thanks @Pantherfan. Guess I won't bother applying for Global Entry.

denman66 has a brilliant futuredenman66 has a brilliant futuredenman66 has a brilliant futuredenman66 has a brilliant futuredenman66 has a brilliant futuredenman66 has a brilliant futuredenman66 has a brilliant futuredenman66 has a brilliant futuredenman66 has a brilliant futuredenman66 has a brilliant futuredenman66 has a brilliant futuredenman66 has a brilliant futuredenman66 has a brilliant futuredenman66 has a brilliant futuredenman66 has a brilliant futuredenman66 has a brilliant futuredenman66 has a brilliant futuredenman66 has a brilliant future

@dtek - I guess none of us will!
    @Pantherfan - A banana? Seriously, a frickin banana? Wow that's unreal...
    I remember coming back from the Bahamas when I was around 19 and going thru customs. I had been on a cruise and was returning thru Miami. Liqueur was so cheap I figured may as well bring some back.
    As we entered port and the customs official searched my luggage it was quite a sight. I had an entire suitcase full of all kinds of rum and so on, and a good bottle of champagne "liberated" from the cruise ship. The guy said "well, you're not supposed to have this but I won't tell if you won't " then we had a laugh about the only item that wasn't alcohol, the towel I used to keep bottles from rattling and breaking. After that I went on my way. I can't believe they flagged your grandma for a banana... I wasn't even old enough to have alcohol in the U.S. yet at the time
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses

6. Seizure Notices and the Trusted Traveler Program