Thread: Operation Pangea XII 2019 We Finally Get The Answer - it is now a year round operation

Default Operation Pangea XII 2019 We Finally Get The Answer - it is now a year round operation

"Operation Pangea XII: FAMHP seizes 5,360 packages, containing almost 500,000 counterfeit or illegal products
    date: 22/11/2019

In 2019, operation Pangea took on a new form. This operation focused on information collection, analysis and communication. For this twelfth edition, that took place from June 2018 to June 2019, the FAMHP provided the necessary data. Pangea is coordinated by INTERPOL and is specifically designed to intercept illegal and counterfeit medicinal products and devices.

2019 did not see an international Pangea action week, because of the new strategy that was put in place because over the past years, the action week had become too predictable. Operation Pangea XII aimed at collecting and analysing data over the course of one year to raise awareness and to prepare the upcoming operation Pangea XIII in 2020. In Belgium, operation Pangea XII enabled the inspection of 50,000 packages between June 2018 and June 2019. 5,360 of these were seized, or around 500,000 tablets, tubes, bottles, etc., of illegal or counterfeit products. These seizures led to the establishment of over 140 doping related dossiers for products such as anabolic steroids.

Most seized products were stimulants for erectile dysfunction, steroids, sleeping pills and pain killers.

In Belgium, online medicinal product sales are licensed exclusively to legal websites of pharmacies recognised by the FAMHP. This is intended to protect public health and prevent the sale of illegal or counterfeit medicinal products. Quality, efficacy and safety of medicinal products purchased on illegal websites are never guaranteed.

The most common countries of origin of seized packages were Singapore, India and the United States.

Pangea: over ten years of international collaboration

Operation Pangea is an international collaboration carried out simultaneously by 293 authorities in over 120 countries since 2008. The purpose of this operation is to combat the illegal sale and counterfeiting of medicinal products and the counterfeiting of medical instruments. In doing so, the operation aims to control the organised crime associated with this trade. Every year, operation Pangea enables achievements such as closing down websites that sell these products, disrupting the electronic payment flows related to this trade and intercepting products sent by courier companies and postal services at border crossings.

The operation is also intended to raise awareness of dangers associated with purchasing medicinal products online. Find out more at www.medicaments-par-internet.be is external - CONVERT LANGUAGE

Back
    Last updated on22/11/2019"

Who would have thunk it! Any thoughts? M

EDIT - FORGOT URL FOR THIS INFORMATION https://www.famhp.be/en/news/operati...eit_or_illegal
    Last edited by Mecha; 12-09-2019 at 12:04 AM.
    Listen to the LOVE. Inspired by Harry Irene (2015)

jaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond repute
    jaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Mecha View Post
    "Operation Pangea XII: FAMHP seizes 5,360 packages, containing almost 500,000 counterfeit or illegal products
    date: 22/11/2019

In 2019, operation Pangea took on a new form. This operation focused on information collection, analysis and communication. For this twelfth edition, that took place from June 2018 to June 2019, the FAMHP provided the necessary data. Pangea is coordinated by INTERPOL and is specifically designed to intercept illegal and counterfeit medicinal products and devices.

2019 did not see an international Pangea action week, because of the new strategy that was put in place because over the past years, the action week had become too predictable. Operation Pangea XII aimed at collecting and analysing data over the course of one year to raise awareness and to prepare the upcoming operation Pangea XIII in 2020. In Belgium, operation Pangea XII enabled the inspection of 50,000 packages between June 2018 and June 2019. 5,360 of these were seized, or around 500,000 tablets, tubes, bottles, etc., of illegal or counterfeit products. These seizures led to the establishment of over 140 doping related dossiers for products such as anabolic steroids.

Most seized products were stimulants for erectile dysfunction, steroids, sleeping pills and pain killers.

In Belgium, online medicinal product sales are licensed exclusively to legal websites of pharmacies recognised by the FAMHP. This is intended to protect public health and prevent the sale of illegal or counterfeit medicinal products. Quality, efficacy and safety of medicinal products purchased on illegal websites are never guaranteed.

The most common countries of origin of seized packages were Singapore, India and the United States.

Pangea: over ten years of international collaboration

Operation Pangea is an international collaboration carried out simultaneously by 293 authorities in over 120 countries since 2008. The purpose of this operation is to combat the illegal sale and counterfeiting of medicinal products and the counterfeiting of medical instruments. In doing so, the operation aims to control the organised crime associated with this trade. Every year, operation Pangea enables achievements such as closing down websites that sell these products, disrupting the electronic payment flows related to this trade and intercepting products sent by courier companies and postal services at border crossings.

The operation is also intended to raise awareness of dangers associated with purchasing medicinal products online. Find out more at www.medicaments-par-internet.be is external - CONVERT LANGUAGE

Back
    Last updated on22/11/2019"

Who would have thunk it! Any thoughts? M

EDIT - FORGOT URL FOR THIS INFORMATION https://www.famhp.be/en/news/operati...eit_or_illegal
    Given that I thought this last year or so saw an uptick in seizures for folks in the US, it makes more sense to me, since now I may be seeing a bit more loosening as well. Maybe just wishful thinking on my part, and we won’t really know what “damage” this year of research will bring us until the next Pangea, but I am desperately hoping things get a bit more “normal for awhile.”

I also feel like despite security seeming more tough, it also seems like more new vendors are appearing. The “games” continue...
    Likes Sling Man, Gladheart, M77 liked this post
    The cause of all suffering is attachment...

3. 12-09-2019
    This post has been flagged as being "off topic" and is now hidden by default. Click "View Post" to view it.

4. 12-09-2019
    This post has been flagged as being "off topic" and is now hidden by default. Click "View Post" to view it.

I got a strange letter from Customs couple weeks ago, it said they seized my Moda and Adrafinil. Huh? I haven't ordered any in 2 years! Very strange....regardless, perhaps if the money hungry US Insurance companies didn't mark up the generic meds 500% or more people would stop ordering from India.
    Helpful Mrs Parker, El Grandote, djrick Rated helpful
    Likes Mecha, pmpl, jaders, M77 liked this post

Brianna9 has a reputation beyond reputeBrianna9 has a reputation beyond reputeBrianna9 has a reputation beyond reputeBrianna9 has a reputation beyond reputeBrianna9 has a reputation beyond reputeBrianna9 has a reputation beyond reputeBrianna9 has a reputation beyond reputeBrianna9 has a reputation beyond reputeBrianna9 has a reputation beyond reputeBrianna9 has a reputation beyond reputeBrianna9 has a reputation beyond reputeBrianna9 has a reputation beyond reputeBrianna9 has a reputation beyond reputeBrianna9 has a reputation beyond reputeBrianna9 has a reputation beyond reputeBrianna9 has a reputation beyond reputeBrianna9 has a reputation beyond reputeBrianna9 has a reputation beyond reputeBrianna9 has a reputation beyond reputeBrianna9 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, would not of guessed that at all. Also confused about US being on the list, well that explains it lol. It did seem that certain months had an unusual amount of seizures which explains it I guess lol. Ughh, they were predictable but surprised they fiqured it out lol.
    Helpful Mecha Rated helpful
    Likes Mrs Parker, Sling Man, djrick, M77, anthrtrvlr liked this post
    Why can’t it just be easy?

calgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond repute
    calgal99 has a reputation beyond repute
    Good grief, do we need an end to this stupid "war on drugs" from the Feds! (Just for the record, I'm okay with a focus on fent and similar from the Chinese, because I truly believe they do not give a single sh!t about what they send to this country, so they/their gov't can go eff themselves.) But other than the deliberate, harmful stuff, I really wish our gov't would find something else with which to amuse themselves. Maybe fake Ivanka purses, or something (just an example, don't want to start a political/flame war here!!)
    Helpful Mecha, El Grandote, Mrs Parker, djrick Rated helpful
    Likes bluebell, Sling Man, jaders, Ellyn, M77, anthrtrvlr liked this post

8. Quote Originally Posted by Mecha View Post
    @jaders yes the game continues. But I would not have called this one.

Also, I would not have called USA in the top three as country of origin Maybe destination but not origin.

I'm guessing it was cannibas and THC oil, and maybe acid. The fact that weed is now legal in some states and not in a majority of countries a lot people in the U.S. are trying to export it. If you ever browsed reddit, there's lots of Eastern Europeans looking for THC products. Also I believe U.S. and another country I can't think of are the main producers of acid.
    Last edited by Sling Man; 12-10-2019 at 02:39 AM.

jaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond repute
    jaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Sling Man View Post
    I'm guessing it was cannibas and THC oil, and maybe acid. The fact that weed is now legal in some states and not in a majority of countries a lot people in the U.S. are trying to export it. If you ever browsed reddit, there's lots of Eastern Europeans looking for THC products. Also I believe U.S. and another country I can't think of are the main producers of acid.
    I don’t use the dark net but likely a lot of vendors there are us based? Just guessing, but having heard about others using it, they said it’s a good way to avoid customs so obviously it’s “local” and I’m sure besides selling internationally, the darknet draws a big focus from LE as well...

You would think that since the whole “drug war” started in the sixties, wouldn’t SOMEONE learn that they have never succeeded in ridding the world of illegal drugs, that it's time to take a different approach? It baffles me daily...
    Helpful El Grandote Rated helpful

Here is you brain on drugs! M
    Listen to the LOVE. Inspired by Harry Irene (2015)

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdevil9 View Post
    I got a strange letter from Customs couple weeks ago, it said they seized my Moda and Adrafinil. Huh? I haven't ordered any in 2 years! Very strange....regardless, perhaps if the money hungry US Insurance companies didn't mark up the generic meds 500% or more people would stop ordering from India.
    @dirtdevil9
    It’s not the insurance companies marking up the prices, it’s Big Pharma. The insurance companies are lobbying like mad for the reduction in prices, because they get slammed too. They do negotiate to get better prices, but even the generic manufacturers fix prices. The insurers are using this case as a cudgel, to justify their ridiculous premiums, but they are all highly profitable. So this is the reason “getting the drug prices fixed” is a popular political talking point, but it’s not for us little people.

It’s all a battle between Big Pharma and Big Insurance. Ironically, the insurance companies should be careful what they wish for, but nobody should fool themselves that this will ever help us. We are just the pawns in a big corporate chess game. If you need a life saving medication, and Big Pharma reduces the monthly price from $7,000 to $5,000, will you ever get it without insurance? That’s rhetorical.
    Last edited by M77; 12-14-2019 at 09:51 PM.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me - Hunter S. Thompson

12. Thanks @Mecha, I wondered why the usual Interpol press release was taking so long. Funny about Belgium...shows up a lot on Google. I wouldn't have thought it was a "medical centre". All those EU politicians I guess...

B. Waterson
    Helpful anthrtrvlr Rated helpful
    Likes Mecha liked this post

anthrtrvlr has a spectacular aura aboutanthrtrvlr has a spectacular aura aboutanthrtrvlr has a spectacular aura aboutanthrtrvlr has a spectacular aura aboutanthrtrvlr has a spectacular aura about

Thanks @Mecha. Keeps us on our toes - tho not much we can do - maybe be aware of timing.
    ...paranoia is not fun. but i can't stop trying to stay alive. i do think the dea, doj doesn't mind killing us - at all.
    they make their numbers. they get in news. they get funded, lots and lots. this drug war is attacking the needy/helpless.
    and they get rich off it. we're not hurting anyone. (from what i read - they get rich bringing/or letting stuff like heroin into the country;
    as well as getting rich off attacking those who need personal meds and their vendors. we and vendors must take risks. ...they take none.)
    one of my state senators is all in on the drug war, liz warren is also - they publish how much they're doing to {help the drug war} by
    attacking pharmaceutical companies. But they're NOT working to lower the pharma-inflated drug prices. and they're NOT working to
    lower the bad stuff flooding the streets in neighborhoods without jobs/services. they just make sure those who need medications
    can't get them. ... but we will -we have to- survive

thanks, ALL the posters, for all the information....
    Last edited by anthrtrvlr; 12-26-2019 at 05:42 PM. Reason: STILL MAD
    Likes calgal99, candygram liked this post

cattyclaw will become famous soon enough

Wow what a horrible thing to wake up and read. Sucks.

https://www.interpol.int/News-and-Ev...ed-to-COVID-19 During the week of action (3 - 10 March 2020) authorities in participating INTERPOL countries inspected more than 326,000 packages of which more than 48,000 were seized by customs and regulatory authorities. Overall, authorities seized around 4.4 million units of illicit pharmaceuticals worldwide. Among them were:
    erectile dysfunction pills
    anti-cancer medication
    hypnotic and sedative agents
    anabolic steroids
    analgesics/painkillers
    nervous system agents
    dermatological agents
    vitamins.
    Helpful jaders, songsiren, Mrs Parker Rated helpful
    “Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die.”

calgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond repute
    calgal99 has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Kermit S View Post
    https://www.interpol.int/News-and-Ev...ed-to-COVID-19 During the week of action (3 - 10 March 2020) authorities in participating INTERPOL countries inspected more than 326,000 packages of which more than 48,000 were seized by customs and regulatory authorities. Overall, authorities seized around 4.4 million units of illicit pharmaceuticals worldwide. Among them were:
    anti-cancer medication
    anabolic steroids
    analgesics/painkillers
    nervous system agents
    dermatological agents
    vitamins.
    @Kermit S, I don't intend for this to sound snarky, but... 48K pkgs seized in one week? What is that, like "one-millionth" (yeah, I know) of total packages shipped? I mean, I think the odds are still in our favor, overall, unless a particular vendor end up being targeted. Other things will have to change a whole lot, I think, before there's any real consistent problem with overseas ordering. JMO, of course, YMMV, etc. etc.
    Helpful toby Rated helpful
    Likes jaders, Kermit S, Mrs Parker liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit S View Post
    anti-cancer medication
    anabolic steroids
    analgesics/painkillers
    nervous system agents
    dermatological agents
    vitamins.
    Glad THAT week is over.... Thanks for that information tho too!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by calgal99 View Post
    @Kermit S, I don't intend for this to sound snarky, but... 48K pkgs seized in one week? What is that, like "one-millionth" (yeah, I know) of total packages shipped? I mean, I think the odds are still in our favor, overall, unless a particular vendor end up being targeted. Other things will have to change a whole lot, I think, before there's any real consistent problem with overseas ordering. JMO, of course, YMMV, etc. etc.
    And THAT'S with an intensive effort during that week, not probably the usual inspection rate. I feel better anyway...
    Likes Kermit S, Mrs Parker liked this post

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.