Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: An interesting way this controlled delivery went down.

1. Quote Originally Posted by Gullible View Post
    BlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBl ahBlah
    You know, Gull, in another life, you'd have made a good woodtick. I'm not even sure I mean that as an insult---your persistence is almost awe-inspiring. But I am getting bored. Because it doesn't matter what I say. It doesn't matter what anybody says. It doesn't matter what links or book titles or information anyone provides you.

If I did go get the book (incidentally, I checked it out from the library) and provided you with the case title, you'd demand a summary of the case. If I provided you with a summary, you'd demand that I provide something else. And on and on. It just never ends. It's not like we haven't all seen this type of Internet behavior before.

It doesn't matter that we can all see what you've already said. It doesn't matter that you can't provide jack-shit to back up your own position. You will just continue to insist that I'm wrong and you're right, that up is down and red is blue, and that is that.

So, for posterity, I'm going to quote M77 again, because that's the takeaway that people really should get from this thread:

lying to a Fed agent is a felony. You can even try to tell the truth, and other evidence can contradict your statements, and you can be indicted for a felony.

you CANNOT talk yourself out of trouble. If you give a statement, and it is exculpatory (as in it helps you prove your innocence) it is inadmissible in court!

Other than Fed agents, deceptive dialogue with LE may not be a felony, but it can be used against you. The ONLY thing you should do, if confronted by LE, is ask if you are under arrest, or if you can leave. If you are not, ask for a lawyer. Period.

-------
    That last sentence is particularly important, because it used to be that if you invoked your right to silence, that could not be presented to a jury and used against you at trial. That's changed and now it can be, making it tantamount to a confession of guilt to plead the Fifth. Therefore, plead the Sixth: Your right to a lawyer.
    Helpful ludwig1961, Anne Onomis Rated helpful
    If you have come here to help me, you are wasting your time. But if you have come because your liberation is bound up with mine, then let us work together.
    ~Lilla Watson

Gullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond repute
    Gullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond repute
    you have the persistance of 10 woodticks but you can't change the fact that you said someone got into trouble just for saying he knew nothing about it. You have not been able to verify that statement or back it up in any way and saying go check out a book from the library is laughable.

So your claim is unproven and therefore false. However what I said was true and still is good. I said:

1 If its the postman or seems to be, tell them to send it back if you think something is wrong.

Now whats wrong with that? You try to twist it around to being a federal agent but we are talking about the mailman

2. If its clearly a cop say nothing

In other words if the guy dressed as the mailman reveals he is a cop or if cops come to your door then clam up.

So its time to either admit my advice was good, or come up with some evidence actual evidence, or be quiet. You are making yourself look foolish with this 'go look for a book' nonsense. Since you can't show evidence to back your point and seem unable to admit anything, I guess you will keep repeating the same things.

So as not to clutter up the forum with senseless argument, I will not reply to you further. If you do find an actual case then bring it forward and we can discuss but to stir up fear telling us not to talk to the mailman is not helping. You probably want the last word so just jabber a little more and declare victory. The rest of us can go on to other subjects.
    Helpful ludwig1961 Rated helpful

3. Quote Originally Posted by Gullible View Post
    Changes to at least third version of original claim
    Back to "I meant the mailman," huh? yawn

Edited to add: Just to maybe end this on a good and possibly humorous note, you inspired me! I've been wondering what I should use for my profile pic. So, here it is: A woodtick! Totally weird and awesome!

So, thank you! See? We can end this on a good note.
    Last edited by nobknee; 2 Weeks Ago at 10:00 PM. Reason: Added profile pic in Gull's honor
    If you have come here to help me, you are wasting your time. But if you have come because your liberation is bound up with mine, then let us work together.
    ~Lilla Watson

4. Though it's actually irrelevant to the case in question, the mailman scenario raises a good question for @M77:

Lying to federal law enforcement is a felony, but what if they're undercover and you don't know that they are law enforcement?

Let's say federal agents did pose as the mailman and attempted a controlled delivery. The recipient knows perfectly well what the parcel is and was fully expecting it, but believes the agent to just be a regular mailman.

Nevertheless, out of an abundance of caution, the recipient says, "Well, I didn't order anything. I don't know what that is. I guess you better send it back."

Recipient has just lied to a federal agent, but without the knowledge that they were interacting with law enforcement at all. Is it still a crime to lie to them if you don't know that you're talking to a cop in the first place?
    Helpful ludwig1961 Rated helpful
    ~Lilla Watson

I plead the 5th Amendment
    Helpful Binky, El Grandote, songsiren Rated helpful
    Likes Gullible, ludwig1961, nobknee, Doc Rogue liked this post
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me - Hunter S. Thompson

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123