Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite weight loss drug

1. Default What is your favorite weight loss drug

What is your favorite weight loss med? I currently have a script for adipex and plegine. Those are the only 2 I've ever tried. Plegine is my favorite.

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
    What is your favorite weight loss drug
    In the Ladies' room rereading forum rules -- USA
    Balance is a name known to allBalance is a name known to allBalance is a name known to allBalance is a name known to allBalance is a name known to allBalance is a name known to allBalance is a name known to allBalance is a name known to allBalance is a name known to allBalance is a name known to allBalance is a name known to allBalance is a name known to all

My very fave is (was) Didrex (benzphetamine). I have not been able to find it online for quite awhile, tho. Dietprescriptions.com used to carry it, as well as generic phentermine 37.5 tabs (second favorite).

I can't find phentermine anymore, either, except in the sustained release capsules.

Does Adipex phentermine come in immediate release tablets? It seems to me it was only available in the yellow capsules, 30 mg sustained release, if I remember correctly.

I've used Xenical as well, and it was effective in that it made me really avoid fatty foods after the first time it oozed into my pants (sorry to be graphic, but if you've used it, you know what I mean).

LiquidOrgasm is offline Banned Reason: Attempted selling through the forum; multiple accounts
    LiquidOrgasm is a splendid one to beholdLiquidOrgasm is a splendid one to beholdLiquidOrgasm is a splendid one to beholdLiquidOrgasm is a splendid one to beholdLiquidOrgasm is a splendid one to beholdLiquidOrgasm is a splendid one to beholdLiquidOrgasm is a splendid one to beholdLiquidOrgasm is a splendid one to beholdLiquidOrgasm is a splendid one to beholdLiquidOrgasm is a splendid one to beholdLiquidOrgasm is a splendid one to beholdLiquidOrgasm is a splendid one to beholdLiquidOrgasm is a splendid one to behold

None - I eat like a horse and weigh 145lbs.
    Likes Feefee, Missmolly liked this post

5. The adipex does come in 37.5mg. Or thats what it says on the bottle. That its the generic for adipex. Its the blue and white speckled.

Feefee will become famous soon enoughFeefee will become famous soon enough

"What is your favorite weight loss med? I currently have a script for adipex and plegine. Those are the only 2 I've ever tried. Plegine is my favorite."

Well I have used rimonbant and phentermine to lose weight. I have never heard of plegine. I guess I need to do a bit of research on this medication. Have you lost lots of weight with this medication?
    Helpful keli_ Rated helpful

7. I have. I think another name for it is bonotril or something like that. You can take 6 of them per day. They are short acting. They are small yellow round pills. I don't think they are legal in a lot of states. The state I'm from has banned them, I have to go to the next state over to get them.
    Helpful Bbmom Rated helpful

Quote Originally Posted by cking1114 View Post
    I have. I think another name for it is bonotril or something like that. You can take 6 of them per day. They are short acting. They are small yellow round pills. I don't think they are legal in a lot of states. The state I'm from has banned them, I have to go to the next state over to get them.
    Wow!!! I didn't know any state had banned bontril.....and I'm from a very conservative state. In fact, I have a good friend in ky who is prescribed bontril and ky is notoriously very conservative.

I remember taking bontril in the past. They are certainly a good alternative to phentermine whenever your body seems to be getting used to them. However, Bontril was only prescribed to be taken 3 times a day (1 tablet before each meal) whenever I got them.

Phentermine tolerance was a issue for me, so for the past few months I've been taking Didrex. They seem to be working a bit better for me.

However, until last month, my prescription was only for 2 tablets a day-1 before breakfast and 1 before lunch. I did very well all day. But by evening, my appetite was completely back to normal. Thus, my weightloss had been minimal at best.
    Then, at my last appointment, a different doctor was there, so I asked for an additional pill for evening. From what I've read, didrex is also a fast acting medication and its effects wear off after only 4 or 5 hours, therefore allowing it to be prescribed 2-3times per day. However, when I went to the pharmacy to get it filled, the pharmacist told me that 3 times a day was not the recommended dose for didrex.....but she was going to go ahead and fill them. This kinda upset me because everywhere i've read, 2-3 times per day has been listed as normal dosing for this medication (and I'm certain that this is the way didrex was prescribed to me in the past)
    I've been doing so much better with the additional pill. Now I'm a nervous wreck that next month my old doc will be back and not want to give me the additional pill or worse yet, that the pharmacist will not want to fill them.

*This post was auto-merged. The following text was added 7 minutes after the last post:*

What is your favorite weight loss med? I currently have a script for adipex and plegine. Those are the only 2 I've ever tried. Plegine is my favorite.
    I just caught your post and was curious how plegine compares with adipex or didrex. I've never taken them. Also, do you receive the adipex and plegine from the same doctor? I don't mean to be nosy....just curious I sure wish my doctor would prescribe another medication in conjuction with didrex. Basically, I'm at a standstill and I know I'll not be able to overcome this without adding something else to the mix. As I've said many times before, the most weightloss I've ever achieved and maintained for a long period of time was while taking both phentermine and ephedra together.

I know there are people who think they'd be a jittery mess taking 2 diet meds together....but that's just not the case with me. I can nap taking phentermine alone and I really don't know why that is, but I've just always been that way.
    Last edited by chera; 02-04-2012 at 05:29 PM.
    Likes girliegirl, lightningseed liked this post

9. I have such a tolerance to phentermine that I can nap after taking it as well. I remember back in the early days when I would take one and my scalp would crawl!!! I miss that!!! lol I have never heard of didrex. I love the plegine. I usually don't even take my phentermine, I let my husband have them. Yes, the same doctor prescribes both. Its pretty much a prescription mill. I've never tried to get anything but diet pills, but I've heard the nurses talking to the pharmacy calling in all kinds of things for people. I wouldn't think the pharmacist would be able to not fill the med if the doctor ordered it. I know a pharmacist can actually prescribe meds and give their opinion, but I don't know if they can override the docs order. I'm a nurse and thats how it works where I work. The pharmacist can give their opinion, but they can't override the doc. That may be wrong though, thats just how it works here. I want to try ephedra and plegine together. Thats what I'm going to do next.....

*This post was auto-merged. The following text was added 2 minutes after the last post:*

I just read that didrex is pretty much the same as plegine. Not sure if its true....
    Last edited by cking1114; 02-04-2012 at 06:58 PM.
    Helpful Feefee, slick76 Rated helpful
    Likes chera liked this post

In the Ladies' room rereading forum rules -- USA
    Balance is a name known to allBalance is a name known to allBalance is a name known to allBalance is a name known to allBalance is a name known to allBalance is a name known to allBalance is a name known to allBalance is a name known to allBalance is a name known to allBalance is a name known to allBalance is a name known to allBalance is a name known to all

The adipex does come in 37.5mg. Or thats what it says on the bottle. That its the generic for adipex. Its the blue and white speckled.
    Terrific to know - the blue and white speckled immediate release phentermine is what I have been looking for.

I'll do some poking around (reading posts) for feedback on trustworthy sources. Now I know to include adipex in my search field - thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by stanley View Post
    Terrific to know - the blue and white speckled immediate release phentermine is what I have been looking for.

I'll do some poking around (reading posts) for feedback on trustworthy sources. Now I know to include adipex in my search field - thanks!
    If you find a source first, please let me know. If I find one, I'll let you know too! :-)

*This post was auto-merged. The following text was added 14 minutes after the last post:*

Quote Originally Posted by stanley View Post

If you find a source first, please let me know. If I find one, I'll let you know too! :-)
    Last edited by wnbafan; 02-06-2012 at 02:19 PM.
    Likes KeepSwimming liked this post
    Each day, try to leave the world a better place than you found it.

12. I can tell you where I get them via a script if you message me privately. I don't want to post it out there for everyone to see. lol
    Likes Feefee, mollysmom, KeepSwimming liked this post

13. I tried emailing you back Feefee. Not sure if it went through. It said I didn't have enough posts. So if it didn't, I'm sorry....

kate13 will become famous soon enoughkate13 will become famous soon enoughkate13 will become famous soon enoughkate13 will become famous soon enough

Definitely phentermine. I've also tried sibutramine (no effect), clen&t3 (short term only but didn't find it as great as everyone says), ephedrine (had very bad side effects). Weight loss was greatest & fastest with phentermine

NotMyRealName is a glorious beacon of lightNotMyRealName is a glorious beacon of lightNotMyRealName is a glorious beacon of lightNotMyRealName is a glorious beacon of lightNotMyRealName is a glorious beacon of lightNotMyRealName is a glorious beacon of lightNotMyRealName is a glorious beacon of lightNotMyRealName is a glorious beacon of lightNotMyRealName is a glorious beacon of lightNotMyRealName is a glorious beacon of lightNotMyRealName is a glorious beacon of light

The bottom line is all the real ones work to an extent. These are really best when you go to the real F2F doc and you are mentally read! They need to check your blood, monitor your heart and your blood pressure and all. Several years ago I was on them and the doctor kept rotating them as my body got used to them kind of in a circle. I was never one a particular one for more than a few months. Years later I have kept it off and frankly my friends is the trick. Those pills make you feel like crap but they all work to an extent. Keeping the weight off might require counseling and ongoing maintenance as only then have you addressed the symptom - not the cause. My weight loss doc told me that if I could maintain for 2 years I would be almost safe.

I have been on:
    Phentermine - First 1/2 a pill and then 37.5mg
    Sibutramine - 10 and then 15mg
    and Tenuate Dospan

Again all of them work!
    Helpful H20shed65 Rated helpful
    All of my posts are fictitious and fantasy. Isn't the internet a blast?

does anyone still use ephedrine? looks like some people (on other forums) still swear by the EC stack

17. I've been on both Adipex and Bontril. For some reason my metabolism just didn't respond as well to Adipex as it did to Bontril. I had really good results with the medication and following the diet properly. (eating within the restrictions and making *absolutely sure* to get in the required water. That's crucial) With both I was monitored by a doc, which I also suggest.

John Doe 69 will become famous soon enough

I've tried Merida (sibutramine) and just got some phentermine. The sibutramine worked better at curbing appetite for me than the phentermine is right now.Maybe I got weak stuff it was a trial offer 15 pills for 75.Not doing what I thought they would.

19. Does anyone know if doctors are funny about prescribing diet pills like they are narcotics or are most pretty easy going about writing prescriptions for them? thank you!

royce is offline Banned Reason: Caused lots of problems on the board and impossible to understand half the time
    royce has a spectacular aura aboutroyce has a spectacular aura aboutroyce has a spectacular aura aboutroyce has a spectacular aura aboutroyce has a spectacular aura about

"Diet pills" are sometimes controlled substances and therefore MD"S need a BNDD # (license) in order to prescribe it. Sometimes it has nothing to do with a docs feeling, or opinion, about a drug. They need to follow rules, regs. laws regulating authories. (sometime even a doc's insurance dictates what he prescribes)

I don't think narcotics (let's say just CII narcotics) can be prescribed for weight loss in USA. Do not mix up the word "narcotics" with "controlled drugs". They are not the same.
    Last edited by royce; 03-19-2012 at 10:17 PM.
    Likes j2thalea liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by lactac View Post
    Does anyone know if doctors are funny about prescribing diet pills like they are narcotics or are most pretty easy going about writing prescriptions for them? thank you!
    I guess if you genuinely have alot to lose they will be more cool prescribing. If you only have 10-20lbs to lose they might feel you don't need pills or are using the pills for something else.
    Helpful Lioness #1 Rated helpful

22. What is your favorite weight loss drug
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast