Thread: naltrexone/Bupropion Contrave

Default naltrexone/Bupropion Contrave

Has anyone used naltrexone for food craving and to curb appetite? It's in the newer weight loss medication Contrave. I don't think I'm interested in the bupropion part since I've been on Wellbutrin before and it didn't do anything for me but maybe it works differently when combined with naltrexone? I'm reading there's a whole lot more benefits to LDN (low dose naltrexone) for inflammation, depression, pain, etc... And it doesn't build up a tolerance. It seems pretty low on side effects as well.

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
    vytis drakona is a name known to allvytis drakona is a name known to allvytis drakona is a name known to allvytis drakona is a name known to allvytis drakona is a name known to allvytis drakona is a name known to allvytis drakona is a name known to allvytis drakona is a name known to allvytis drakona is a name known to allvytis drakona is a name known to allvytis drakona is a name known to all

I haven't used it as an appetite suppressant, but I've used both active ingredients individually before. This may seem obvious to most people but just in case, definitely stay far away from this drug if you are using opioid medications or plan to do so within a few weeks of taking the Naltrexone. Its primary use is as a full opiate-antagonist, so if you take it too soon after an opioid, you will have NASTY withdrawals, & if you take the opiate after the Naltrexone, the opiate will do nothing.

As for my experience: bupropion/Wellbutrin was great at curbing my cigarette smoking and causing severe anxiety, but I didn't notice any appetite suppressing effects from it; however, I took it in conjunction with both Seroquel and Zyprexa (both antipsychotics known for causing hunger and weight gain) so that might be why. I also had no appreciable weight or appetite loss while on Naltrexone. But again, I was on it following a heavy detox from opiates, and that's when my appetite/eating habits tend to spike upward.

That said, I still don't think that this med will do much for its designed purpose, and it seems like kind of strange off-label use, but that is just my opinion. Everyone reacts differently to things, so it's worth a try!
    Last edited by vytis drakona; 11-21-2018 at 11:08 AM.
    Helpful blueroan17 Rated helpful

Omg please don't take that shit suboxone is a terrible drug to come off of I'm on it now and I've came off it before. The withdrawal can last 30 days. Also naltrexone will not help at all unless it makes you sick and you can't eat. It makes me feel sick at high dosages.
    I would suggest clenbuterol but that is nasty also because it can give you headaches.
    I do personal training and I can tell you diet is the only real thing to lose weight. Now once you get down to 10% body fat you can use drugs to get that extra fat off your body but there's no magic pill. If there was we wouldn't have constant fad diets and different weight loss drugs.
    Anything that works is illegal.
    Ephedrine works I can get it in injections. Clenbuterol I can get but please no suboxone. Or naltrexone. That's my 2 cents
    Helpful SWAT, blueroan17, pinkflower Rated helpful

seashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond repute

I have seen the commercial for this and I wonder how the hell myself. Now anyone else who has been on tex,box or done..knows there is weight gain wth it. So how did they make this certain drug an diet drug? Asked a Dr. About it she said it's another form of the medication. I personally dont think she knows what she talking about. I got that shot once a month to help me get off done. Vivotral.
    Only took it once due to bad headaches. Which this shot will block all opiates and alcohol. I did not like it! Anyway..I dont see how it can work is my point. You nvr know through. Good luck.SS
    Likes johnathankersis88 liked this post

Yea I don't like that they are pushing this shit for weightloss really.... if it works I wanna see a study on it. Ima go look...

https://www.webmd.com/diet/news/2009...-drug-advances
    40% of them dropped off the study and the amount of weight lost was not great. They are already trying another drug keeping the welbutrin and taking out the naloxone. Why because people obviously didnt like the side effects. It talks about that also. They are trying wellbutrin with a blood pressure medication now. So my advice would be to look elsewhere or try it with the other medication they add to it. That might work idk.
    Helpful blueroan17 Rated helpful
    Likes seashells liked this post

8. naltrexone/Bupropion Contrave