Thread: Weightloss with myfitnesspal app

Default Weightloss with myfitnesspal app

Hey if your trying to lose weight there is one effective simple way to simply burn more calories then you eat. This app has been useful to me and if you are trying to lose weight try it out it's free.
    No I am not a sales person for this app. I just need some like or helpful hits lol. I can't find anything to answer. Lol
    But this app does work try it out.
    Helpful pinkflower, CrayonBox Rated helpful
    Likes wobina liked this post

There are plenty of threads you can join in like non med threads etc....joining in on those might help you better than this post just MHO. There are lots of great threads like what made you smile today, what are you binge watching etc....you will be surprised the likes you get just by joining in on conversation and getting to know other members.
    Likes pinkflower liked this post

wobina will become famous soon enoughwobina will become famous soon enoughwobina will become famous soon enoughwobina will become famous soon enough

Many of my friends use MyFitnessPal. I however choose Lose-It! I've been using it for about a year now and although my weightloss goals are small, I've still gotten great value from tracking my calories and learning which foods are high calorie, yet not very filling (soda I'm looking at you old friend!) and which foods are low calorie, yet very filling (yum pure proteins!). I highly recommend any calorie tracking app if you're serious about losing weight.
    Likes Good-Girly liked this post

Good-Girly is just really niceGood-Girly is just really niceGood-Girly is just really niceGood-Girly is just really niceGood-Girly is just really niceGood-Girly is just really niceGood-Girly is just really niceGood-Girly is just really niceGood-Girly is just really nice

I have been using MFP for a couple of years and you have the ability to set your individual calories and macros - I would not go with the pre set Macros as they are usually a little low. As far as tracking, you will be surprised what you eat and drink which are empty calories like Soda, Alcohol and processed foods which are incredibly high in sodium and not nutrient dense. Obviously high Sodium / salty foods will make you retain water and the scales go up.

good luck on your journeys
    Avoid fruit and nuts. You are what you eat.

Pothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to behold

I agree, it is a great app. I think the name is sort of silly. I think people use it as more of a calorie tracker like you say, not a “fitness pal” lol. I’ve always thought that. I used to use the web site before iPhones and apps etc. even existed. IIRC Under Armour has since purchased MFP.

Speaking of apps, there are so many useful ones in terms of health and fitness. I use a fasting app called LIFE. It keeps track of how long your current fast is. I started out doing an 18-hour fast. Now my longest fast is something like 63 hours. It’s so crazy how I can go to bed absolutely starving then wake up the next morning and not be hungry one bit. Don’t get me wrong, fasting isn’t for everybody. In fact I’m taking a break from it, lol.

Jimmy345 will become famous soon enoughJimmy345 will become famous soon enough

I've used MyFitnessPal previously. I liked it at the time, though as mentioned above, the "fitness" features were wasted on me; I was using it solely for calorie-tracking.

I need to shed a few pounds again (yay stress-eating), but this time I'm using the Lose It! app. Still getting used to it, but I think I like it better. It has a nifty scanning feature, so if you have a packaged item (e.g. box of crackers) you can just scan the bar code and it will pull in all the nutritional info; then just type in the # of servings you ate.

There r some studies I’m aware of that r still in their infancy, regarding calorie and fitness apps. The data so far clearly shows people lost more weight and kept it off when they were aware of their calorie intake and expenditure.

Dobre
    Rom

Jimmy345 will become famous soon enoughJimmy345 will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by Romanov View Post
    There r some studies I’m aware of that r still in their infancy, regarding calorie and fitness apps. The data so far clearly shows people lost more weight and kept it off when they were aware of their calorie intake and expenditure.
    Oh sure, I can definitely see that. The same is true for my finances. I've been using a budget app (YNAB) for over a year now, and I've been saving so much more money than before.

It's really eye-opening to see what's actually happening with your calorie/money expenditure! Makes you stop to think about what you're doing.
    Helpful teresita Rated helpful

9. It sounds like most people find Myfitnesspal good for tracking calories but I was wondering, is there an app that can actually help with fitness? Mypersonaltrainer app? How about an app to motivate me to go workout when I'm not in the mood? Actually whoever invents that app will make a fortune. But is there a 'real' fitness app folks would recommend?

MarySue

10. I always end up going back to Weightwtchers i also going ti give leslie sansone ferr wiikly trial

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.