Thread: Saxenda & Victoza experiences?

1. Default Saxenda & Victoza experiences?

I was wondering if anyone has any experience of one or both of these weight loss drugs? The idea of having to inject the drug seems off putting but maybe it isn't as bad as it sounds.

And if you didn't want to use it for weight loss, it would make interesting names for two cats.

MarySue

@MarySue155 I have never heard of these but just had to tell you thanks for the chuckle. Yes, those would be wonderful cat names????

Good-Girly is just really niceGood-Girly is just really niceGood-Girly is just really niceGood-Girly is just really niceGood-Girly is just really niceGood-Girly is just really niceGood-Girly is just really niceGood-Girly is just really niceGood-Girly is just really nice

Good Morning Guys, sorry to throw up a older thread, but seems like not many people had any answers for this.

I have just placed an order for this with a private doctor here in the UK, next day shipping so I should receive it tomorrow.

A friends of mine has lost 12lb in the first month with this drug, the hormone removes appetite. you inject small amounts 0.6mls and work your way up. To much and you can feel nausea.

the side effects dont seem as horrific as Axcion / Phentermine which I have taken in the past and also, the injection is a diabetic needle. Super thin and you cant feel it apparently. Very similar to those you have to inject yourself after a C-Section delivery for child birth.

I will keep you posted, however if anyone else has any information on Saxenda for weight loss please give me your thoughts.

GG
    Helpful MarySue155, M77, teresita Rated helpful
    Avoid fruit and nuts. You are what you eat.

Good-Girly is just really niceGood-Girly is just really niceGood-Girly is just really niceGood-Girly is just really niceGood-Girly is just really niceGood-Girly is just really niceGood-Girly is just really niceGood-Girly is just really niceGood-Girly is just really nice

N.B:

Saxenda® is an FDA-approved, prescription injectable medicine that, when used with a low-calorie meal plan and increased physical activity, may help some adults with excess weight or who also have weight-related medical problems (such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol, or type 2 diabetes), or obesity,b to lose weight and keep it off.
    Helpful MarySue155, M77 Rated helpful

5. Thanks for the update @Good-Girly. I'd be interested to know how you get on.

Cheers,

MarySue
    Likes M77, Good-Girly liked this post

These meds work, but good luck getting them paid by insurance. I hope this is only my insurance, so I am not trying to discourage anyone from trying, but my insurance company said no way. I then considered trying to get them, paying out of pocket. Unless something changed, they are all patent protected, and insanely expensive. Maybe in Canada, and the UK, they don’t torture you, if you get a prescription, but when I looked into it, they were both way over $1,000 a month. They are intended to make AIC lower, in diabetics, and the weight loss is off label. I have friends that did get them, and they do work. Good luck everyone!
    Helpful teresita, Good-Girly Rated helpful
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me - Hunter S. Thompson

Hey everyone @M77 I am in the UK and pay £70 GBP for the pen, they are not endoresed on the trusty NHS. But you can fill a questionaire online and get next day shipping.

So I have been taking it since Saturday - I was such a wimp thinking it was going to hurt as I am quite squeamish (just a down right chicken really, hate needles!)

However the 'pen' is so easy to use and the injection itself you cannot feel at all, I watched youtube, then had to get my husband to do it.
    @MarySue155 I have lost 5lb since Saturday (now Thursday) - I freaked myself out about the horrendous side effects and the black box warnings however all meds have these. I tried to focus on the reason I am doing this in the first place, and having much success with stimulants..... I dont want to be 'buzzing' around on Phentermine anymore.

I am taking 0.6mls which is the initial dose and intend to stay on this as long as possible, if I find I am getting hungry I may either administer 0.6 on a morning and then again on the afternoon rather than upping to 1.2mls on the pen on the 1 morning shot, as I dont want to feel nauseous (which I did for a small amount of time on Monday morning)

Pros of this medication - it seems to be working 5lbs in 5 days, I am doing 10k to 15k steps a day this isnt required really but I have set this goal, I am sleeping great on it (believe me, sleep is so important when your trying to loose weight, or adopt a more positive healthy routine) and although I believe this is a side effect, but all the better for it, I am drinking loads more water, you do get thirsty on it.

Cons - thirsty, initial slight nausea which was only for around 6 hours after 2nd injection, and going forward the cost, as the pens wont last long when your injecting 3mls at a time at £70GBP a pen. They get cheaper as you buy more at a time.

I will keep you posted, and good luck to anyone else exploring this.

GG
    Last edited by Good-Girly; 1 Week Ago at 07:05 AM.
    Helpful M77, MarySue155 Rated helpful

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.