Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Going in for cancer surgery tomorrow - bladder

@Gullible. I'm happy to hear, that they haven't found any more signs of the cancer. I am a huge proponent, of any natural remedies. You seem to have done your homework. I wish you well on your journey, and hope you stay cancer free.

Prayers & positive energy, being sent your way.

Peace
    Helpful Keith K Stone, djrick Rated helpful
    Likes Gullible liked this post

2. @Gullible

I just have this feeling that you are going to be fine.

You be too much of a fighter to ever lose the War!

Keep on Fightin'!...... attachmentphp?attachmentid6039 - Going in for cancer surgery tomorrow - bladder.
    Likes djrick, VEDA, notcharlotte liked this post
    I'll Share MY Life With You A Thousand Miles Away....

3. @Gullible, good news. yes, you seem to be a fighter and very realistic too. i'm glad you see vitamins etc as an adjunct to professional treatment. people who insist that essential oils will treat their cancers always make me sad. you have a great and very healthy approach to what must be a trying time.
    Likes VEDA, Keith K Stone liked this post

Bawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond repute
    Bawston has a reputation beyond repute
    @Gullible...that's great news. It sounds like you're really on top of advocating for yourself and keeping up with the current options. I'm sure you already know and have taken precautions, but please watch yourself with this horrible flu that's still going around. I'm 2 weeks down with this, have an immune system that doesn't handle these things well and can tell you that this is the last thing you'd need right now!
    Likes Gullible, VEDA, Keith K Stone liked this post

@Gullible -I'm really glad to hear that everything is going in the right direction for you
    Likes VEDA, Gullible, Keith K Stone liked this post

Gullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond repute
    Gullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond repute
    Thanks @rainey51 I feel no pain and I hope to keep it that way. I may try keiths methods if I do get some
    Likes Keith K Stone, notcharlotte, rainey51 liked this post

Gullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond repute
    Gullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond repute
    Well lucky me it seems that it has returned once again. I'm scheduled for surgery wednesday of next week. I was passing blood tuesday last week and went right in. The doc says its a T1 which is the most aggressive and most dangerous. Same as it was the time before. I'm hoping they do not say the bladder has to come out, doc says he is optimistic. It would eliminate the chance of bladder cancer coming back if I have no bladder, lol. But I'll take an operation every few years rather than that if those are the choices.

I have no pain and the bleeding stopped when he cauterized it. And I have a good blue cross policy that should cover most everything. It just started jan 1 so that was good timing. Shows my luck is not all bad

I see a post from our long missing member KKS, lets hope he is doing well
    Helpful djrick, Binky, Katey, Mrs Parker, Sushi Rated helpful
    Likes ludwig1961 liked this post

djrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond repute
    djrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond repute
    Best wishes and a speedy recovery,

Get-Well-Soon-Image.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Gullible View Post
    Well lucky me it seems that it has returned once again. I'm scheduled for surgery wednesday of next week. I was passing blood tuesday last week and went right in. The doc says its a T1 which is the most aggressive and most dangerous. Same as it was the time before. I'm hoping they do not say the bladder has to come out, doc says he is optimistic. It would eliminate the chance of bladder cancer coming back if I have no bladder, lol. But I'll take an operation every few years rather than that if those are the choices.

I have no pain and the bleeding stopped when he cauterized it. And I have a good blue cross policy that should cover most everything. It just started jan 1 so that was good timing. Shows my luck is not all bad

I see a post from our long missing member KKS, lets hope he is doing well
    Helpful Gullible, Binky Rated helpful
    Likes Sushi liked this post
    "All cruelty springs from weakness." --Seneca (4 BC - AD 65)

@djrick, thanks very much for the well wishes. I was confused on the date, nurse said next week but I see its this coming wednesday. Just as well, I wanted to get it over with. Doc gave me all the standard dire warnings about what can go wrong. If I quit posting then you will know what happened. But I'm too ornery to go that easy so no worries.
    Helpful djrick, Binky, Katey, El Grandote Rated helpful
    Likes Mrs Parker, Sushi, Roz liked this post

Binky has a reputation beyond reputeBinky has a reputation beyond reputeBinky has a reputation beyond reputeBinky has a reputation beyond reputeBinky has a reputation beyond reputeBinky has a reputation beyond reputeBinky has a reputation beyond reputeBinky has a reputation beyond reputeBinky has a reputation beyond reputeBinky has a reputation beyond reputeBinky has a reputation beyond reputeBinky has a reputation beyond reputeBinky has a reputation beyond reputeBinky has a reputation beyond reputeBinky has a reputation beyond reputeBinky has a reputation beyond reputeBinky has a reputation beyond reputeBinky has a reputation beyond reputeBinky has a reputation beyond reputeBinky has a reputation beyond repute
    Binky has a reputation beyond reputeBinky has a reputation beyond reputeBinky has a reputation beyond reputeBinky has a reputation beyond reputeBinky has a reputation beyond reputeBinky has a reputation beyond reputeBinky has a reputation beyond reputeBinky has a reputation beyond repute
    Hello @Gullible. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Good luck with the surgery Wed. Positives healing vibes being sent.....
    Helpful Katey, Gullible Rated helpful
    Likes Sushi, Roz, djrick liked this post
    “These wounds, they will not heal” Linkin Park

Katey has a reputation beyond reputeKatey has a reputation beyond reputeKatey has a reputation beyond reputeKatey has a reputation beyond reputeKatey has a reputation beyond reputeKatey has a reputation beyond reputeKatey has a reputation beyond reputeKatey has a reputation beyond reputeKatey has a reputation beyond reputeKatey has a reputation beyond reputeKatey has a reputation beyond reputeKatey has a reputation beyond reputeKatey has a reputation beyond reputeKatey has a reputation beyond reputeKatey has a reputation beyond reputeKatey has a reputation beyond reputeKatey has a reputation beyond reputeKatey has a reputation beyond reputeKatey has a reputation beyond reputeKatey has a reputation beyond repute
    Katey has a reputation beyond reputeKatey has a reputation beyond reputeKatey has a reputation beyond repute
    Hi @gulible . I read this from the beginning so I got a bit confused. Now that I'm up to speed on what's going on, I wish you the very best and with all my heart I pray for a quick recovery. I too will be sending positive vibes. <HUGS for a friend>
    Helpful Binky, Gullible, Roz Rated helpful
    Likes jakemoe, Sushi, djrick liked this post
    "If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun." ~ Katharine Hepburn

jaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond repute
    jaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond repute
    Geez Gullible. So sorry to read this. Like I mentioned before, I had a good friend who battled this for a very long time. He had the surgeries many times and it would last anywhere from 1 - 3 years. Eventually he WAS confronted with needing to have the bladder removed since it was coming back too often, and alas, he waited to long to make that decision. When he finally was ready to do it, it had metastasized, so I just want to say - when and if they REALLY recommend removing the whole thing, just don't wait too long, if you're willing to live without it. I think they have a lot of good ways to live without one now as well.

He was never a good veggie eater either. Supposedly broccoli is one of the greatest helps for this cancer, but the best he could do was try some broccoli "pills." I think you are the type of person who does good research tho and you probably know much more about all of this than I do.

I wish you the very best in getting thru your immediate surgery, and to keep it at bay for a long time!!!
    Helpful Binky, Sushi, Gullible, Katey Rated helpful
    Likes jakemoe, djrick liked this post
    The cause of all suffering is attachment...

13. @Gullible, i'm so sorry to hear this. i'm wishing you a quick and easy recovery. you were so smart to go right in. they make replacement bladders from other tissues, so it's not always peeing in a bag if you lose your bladder. i'll be thinking of you tomorrow and we will wait for you to tell us about your recovery!
    Helpful Gullible Rated helpful
    Likes jaders, jakemoe, Sushi, djrick liked this post

14. @Gullible, I'm wishing you all good thoughts for the best outcome possible! Keep that ornery attitude to feel better asap and to scare that cancer so much
    it hightails it away! ::Hugs of support::
    Helpful Gullible, Katey Rated helpful
    Likes Sushi, jaders, notcharlotte, djrick liked this post
    Nolite te bastardes carborundorum, b_tches!

4legsgood is a splendid one to behold4legsgood is a splendid one to behold4legsgood is a splendid one to behold4legsgood is a splendid one to behold4legsgood is a splendid one to behold4legsgood is a splendid one to behold4legsgood is a splendid one to behold4legsgood is a splendid one to behold4legsgood is a splendid one to behold4legsgood is a splendid one to behold4legsgood is a splendid one to behold4legsgood is a splendid one to behold4legsgood is a splendid one to behold

@Gullible..., oh crap I am sorry to just log on, looking for you with your usual good helpful posts.. bitcoin and just your STYLE. And I find THIS? Big hug coming from one of your MANY PR friends. Be thinking of you in recovery and sending a little request upstairs that you will wake up, go that wasn’t fun but it’s DONE. You been way too good to strangers not to be told you are cared about.. you are.

Will check in more often. ??

4legsgood
    Helpful Gullible, Katey Rated helpful
    Likes djrick liked this post

A big thankyou to all my pr friends with their best wishes and good thoughts. I just got back from hospital. I get the pathology report in a few days to see if it was too deep and must take out bladder. But I think I will be ok. I took a pain pill, can't urinate just yet but probably will be able to soon. At least the pain, oh I'm supposed to say 'discomfort', is under control.

They will probably give me the tuberculosis live bacteria vaccine soon, every so often. And I have to go in every 3 months for an uncomfortable checkup but better than the alternative. Hopefully that will do it.
    Helpful Katey, El Grandote Rated helpful
    Likes jaders, north19, djrick liked this post

The same day as the surgery, I had to go in again because of complications late at night. I could not pass any urine. Still weak and groggy I had to drive myself, did not want to bother any friends. So they hooked me up with a catheter and bag. I thought that was solved. Then the next day it quit working. I wake up middle of the night and have to drive down to the hospital emergency room again. They said what are you doing back here? I said same thing as last night.

The doctor felt my abdomen and said he thought my bladder was empty. Turned out there was 440 ml in it which is just about max. He had been wrong the night before too, goes to show it doesn't take much to be a doctor lol. So far the second one is working, they call it a foley.

With all my bad luck I just hope the pathology report says the tumor was not deep or they would have to remove the bladder. If that comes back clean I will be happy and not worry about losing sleep every night and having pain.

The moral of the story is if you start passing blood, go right in to the doctor. It may be nothing but it may be something. My first doctor kept saying it was no big deal for months but finally sent me to a urologist. Tumor was huge but did not go deep so I was ok. Doc (urologist) this time cheerfully said small tumor might go deep but big tumor might not. If you keep passing blood insist on a urologist referral, Don't worry what the doc says with all his certificates on the wall. My first one had all that and was an idiot.

18. i get a lot of utis, @Gullible, that test positive for blood yet the blood is never noticeable. that first doc was a big jerk passing off blood as nothing. i went to an urgent care once and the doc carried on about the unnoticeable blood and infected kidneys and the er and scared me to death. blood is bad! i'm glad the operation went okay. i hope you get good news and sorry about that foley.
    Likes djrick, jaders, Katey liked this post

Well actually the news was not good, they want to remove the bladder and I said no. I'm going for a second opinion next week and may go for a third opinion at a big hospital about 200 miles away. Ins only pays for one second opinion but if I think it might help I'll pay for it. They can't stop me from doing that.

The foley did not work, after less than a day I had to go back and next day it clogged up too. I said take it out I will do without it and I did.

There are new cutting edge treatments that the docs on the front line don't even know about. I'll pay the whole thing if the jerks at insurance say its too new or something. There is immunotherapy, radiation, partial surgery and perhaps other things.
    Helpful jaders, Katey, windowpane, Mrs Parker Rated helpful
    Likes djrick, north19, 4legsgood liked this post

djrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond repute
    djrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond repute
    @Gullible

Glad that you are able to keep us posted. [Hugs]

chronic-illness-quotes-9.jpg
    Helpful Katey, windowpane Rated helpful
    "All cruelty springs from weakness." --Seneca (4 BC - AD 65)

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast