Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Going in for cancer surgery tomorrow - bladder

ludwig1961 is just really niceludwig1961 is just really niceludwig1961 is just really niceludwig1961 is just really niceludwig1961 is just really niceludwig1961 is just really niceludwig1961 is just really niceludwig1961 is just really niceludwig1961 is just really niceludwig1961 is just really nice

I'm glad you made it through it intact @Gullible. You'll be back to your old self real soon.
    Last edited by ludwig1961; 4 Weeks Ago at 04:01 AM.
    Helpful El Grandote Rated helpful
    Likes Gullible, djrick, Doc Rogue liked this post

2. It's good to hear good news about someones medical situation in times like this.
    Likes Gullible, djrick liked this post

@Gullible

I'm happy to hear you are recovering. I hope that goes well and you are better off for having this surgery. Be well. Hope each day brings you hope for better days ahead.
    Likes Gullible, djrick, Doc Rogue liked this post

Gullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond repute
    Gullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond repute
    Thanks everyone, I feel better but so tired, can't stand up very long and have lots of things to do every day. I have to inject myself once a day plus pills. I have to take my blood pressure and pulse to see if I'm due for another of those pills

You may recall I was moaning about the doctor only giving 3 days of pain pills to go home on. The joke was on me because I didn't even need that much. I started refusing the oxycontin etc they were giving me in the hospital 3 days before my discharge and didn't pick up the 3 days worth. I accepted the tylenol twice a day but since I got home I stopped that too. So I guess the doc knew what he was doing, how about that? Robot surgery does far less damage than regular.

I was cracking jokes like a clown every day. I had to warn the new nurses not to take it too seriously. For example I was in my chair and the nurse asked if I would like to go to bed. I told her you have to be careful who you say that to. She and another nurse cracked up over that, I guess you had to be there.

By the third day my head had cleared up some and I did not feel as drunk. I decided I better cool it a little and quit groping the nurses. Face was still unslapped so I quit while I was ahead. I still joked around a lot, they seemed to like it and toward the end several of them said very nice things about my good attitude and how they appreciated it. It lightened up the day for them as well as for me.

They got me back now and then, one time a small group of them were near the doorway and I said when you have a minute I have a question. So one said "I'm married, sorry" and they all laughed a lot. I said no not that question. Then they came in and one went to one of the machines, another sat down and had a folder. She said there is something I have to ask you and paused. I said "I'm not married" and she cracked up

I asked for sleep aid and got a feeble 50 mg of trazadone which might have put a mouse to sleep but thats about it. But I had my regular stuff I sneaked in. Next day I told the doc it didn't work and he gave me ambien. But only a dinky 1/2 dose of 5mg. It worked the first night, not so much after that but it helped.

I woke up in icu after the operation with some 8 tubes and hoses coming out of me and 5 wires. They put in extra IVs that were not used and not needed. I asked why not wait until its needed? Too logical I guess but those were the rules. In fact after the iv they were using started leaking they found the other 2 didn't work either and had to start a new one. Doc wanted me to get magnesium but not a pill, nooo thats too easy so they started a new iv for that. Doctors sit in an ivory tower and say let them get stabbed every day, it might do some good. Or not.

I have a few more anecdotes but some are a little gross so maybe I shouldn't.

Gullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond repute
    Gullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond repute
    I will say the nurses were super, they helped me get through it. There were a couple that giggled every time I attempted a funny and some of them weren't that funny. One gal looked like another nurse and with the mask it was hard to tell. I said to her you look just like the other girl. She said I am the other girl and we laughed.

They did not like wearing the face masks at all. It makes your face hot, fogs up your glasses and makes it hard for people to understand what you are saying. I figured out why they change gloves so often. They would come in, do something for a couple minutes like log into the machine so they could use it. Then change gloves and do something else. Its not because they like to waste gloves though I saw a ton of waste at the hospital. Its because your hands get hot and sweaty right away so they just got a new pair.

I pushed myself on the physical therapy, probably a little too much cuz my legs started aching. I finally said no when they came around the last time. The guy wanted me to do a bunch of stuff, stairs and walking. I said my legs hurt and I listen to my body, when it says no that means no. So he replied asking again lets do some stairs, I said no, he said how about a walk, I said no. I also declined all finger stabs and blood draws the final day. Doc never said a word, like he could care less which is about what I figured.

I'm now recovering, my body aches and pains less, oh there is a slightly gross situation I had to deal with involving the abdominal drain that they call a jp. They removed the drain in hospital but it did not stop draining, kept going a lot. Nuff said. I have a private nurse who comes by and they send a home care nurse to show me how to use the equipment and order supplies.

Thank goodness I don't have to work a stupid job. My head is so foggy I would get fired anyway even working from home.
    Last edited by Gullible; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:39 PM. Reason: post got doubled somehow

Mac Fandango has a spectacular aura aboutMac Fandango has a spectacular aura aboutMac Fandango has a spectacular aura aboutMac Fandango has a spectacular aura aboutMac Fandango has a spectacular aura aboutMac Fandango has a spectacular aura about

@Gullible, so glad you are in recovery and excellent recognizing your body is aware of this. I will say a prayer for you tonight. The last line in your post shows humor which we all know is a good sign.
    Helpful djrick, Gullible, Seychelle Rated helpful

Doc Rogue has much to be proud ofDoc Rogue has much to be proud ofDoc Rogue has much to be proud ofDoc Rogue has much to be proud ofDoc Rogue has much to be proud ofDoc Rogue has much to be proud ofDoc Rogue has much to be proud ofDoc Rogue has much to be proud ofDoc Rogue has much to be proud ofDoc Rogue has much to be proud ofDoc Rogue has much to be proud ofDoc Rogue has much to be proud ofDoc Rogue has much to be proud ofDoc Rogue has much to be proud ofDoc Rogue has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Gullible View Post
    Thanks everyone, I feel better but so tired, can't stand up very long and have lots of things to do every day. I have to inject myself once a day plus pills. I have to take my blood pressure and pulse to see if I'm due for another of those pills

You may recall I was moaning about the doctor only giving 3 days of pain pills to go home on. The joke was on me because I didn't even need that much. I started refusing the oxycontin etc they were giving me in the hospital 3 days before my discharge and didn't pick up the 3 days worth. I accepted the tylenol twice a day but since I got home I stopped that too. So I guess the doc knew what he was doing, how about that? Robot surgery does far less damage than regular.

I was cracking jokes like a clown every day. I had to warn the new nurses not to take it too seriously. For example I was in my chair and the nurse asked if I would like to go to bed. I told her you have to be careful who you say that to. She and another nurse cracked up over that, I guess you had to be there.

By the third day my head had cleared up some and I did not feel as drunk. I decided I better cool it a little and quit groping the nurses. Face was still unslapped so I quit while I was ahead. I still joked around a lot, they seemed to like it and toward the end several of them said very nice things about my good attitude and how they appreciated it. It lightened up the day for them as well as for me.

They got me back now and then, one time a small group of them were near the doorway and I said when you have a minute I have a question. So one said "I'm married, sorry" and they all laughed a lot. I said no not that question. Then they came in and one went to one of the machines, another sat down and had a folder. She said there is something I have to ask you and paused. I said "I'm not married" and she cracked up

I asked for sleep aid and got a feeble 50 mg of trazadone which might have put a mouse to sleep but thats about it. But I had my regular stuff I sneaked in. Next day I told the doc it didn't work and he gave me ambien. But only a dinky 1/2 dose of 5mg. It worked the first night, not so much after that but it helped.

I woke up in icu after the operation with some 8 tubes and hoses coming out of me and 5 wires. They put in extra IVs that were not used and not needed. I asked why not wait until its needed? Too logical I guess but those were the rules. In fact after the iv they were using started leaking they found the other 2 didn't work either and had to start a new one. Doc wanted me to get magnesium but not a pill, nooo thats too easy so they started a new iv for that. Doctors sit in an ivory tower and say let them get stabbed every day, it might do some good. Or not.

I have a few more anecdotes but some are a little gross so maybe I shouldn't.
    I doubt you could surprise any seasoned nurse, they’ve heard it all. I know my wife appreciates when a patient in recovery has a good attitude.
    I know not everyone is able to put in a good face when they’re coming out of surgery or in pain. (I’m sure I wasn’t one of their favorites during my last spine fusion- they couldn’t get a handle on my pain the 1st couple days. Brought them a basket of goodies a couple weeks later for putting up w/ me).
    But you wouldn’t believe how some people act in the hospital. Yelling and cussing them out. They have tough enough jobs dealing with everything they take care of, last thing they need is a PIA patient. They really are the gems of the healthcare system.
    Good on you @Gullible adding some fun into their routine day, and I hope your recovery continues to get easier as you heal up.
    Helpful Gullible, Seychelle Rated helpful
    Likes ludwig1961, Danie, djrick liked this post

Thanks @Doc Rogue and @Mac Fandango. The jokes were a little feeble perhaps but everyone there is under stress so they seemed hilarious at the time. I was not in that much pain I will have to admit. I had my pain machine and just pressed the button, later pills.

I got the pathology report yesterday and it was not good. I have to start chemo soon as I recover from this last. I used to say nothing had gone right the last few months except the operation seemed to go well and do the job. They say something can be said for consistency, at least my luck has been consistent.

So, the battle goes on and who knows.
    Helpful notcharlotte, songsiren, djrick Rated helpful
    Likes Seychelle, pinkflower liked this post

9. i'm sorry about the chemo, @Gullible. you have gone through this with a great sense of humor. sometimes we have to laugh at bad things, but underneath it's not so funny. i'm glad the mind fog is gone, at least.
    Likes Gullible, Seychelle, djrick liked this post

Thanks @notcharlotte and all the rest for the support. I was really knocked for a loop after the latest bad news on top of all else. I'm never down for long and have picked myself up and I'm marching forward best I can. I already went to the cancer center and scheduled chemo. Surgeon said wait 5 or 6 weeks before chemo, this new doc suggested it after another 3 weeks. I said ok lets try it. I said I wanted aggressive treatment, he said this chemical is aggressive though easier on the body supposedly than previous versions. After the series of treatments I guess a pause to recover and then perhaps something else

I'm researching herbs that have been shown good against cancer. Some I ruled out because they were a little too toxic or potentially so. Some are staples like turmeric, ginger, milk thistle and others. I was already taking them for years but they didn't stop the cancer so we will see. Perhaps in larger doses they will do more.

No one is guaranteed an easy time of it. You can do all the right things and get struck down while smokers and people with horrible diets just coast right along. I've lived a full life, can't complain. I am working on my will and will be distributing some wealth to deserving people and causes in the near future. I will be deleting aggravation from my life that I used to put up with. I will travel soon as I'm able and try to make best use of my time. I'm just not good at having fun, been too much nose to the grindstone in search of the almighty dollar or almighty bitcoin. I will work on that, of course now the virus puts a damper on everything and some politicians seem to want to keep quarantine as long as possible but something will work out

I'm not sure how much I will be posting in the near future, I still have brain fog, aches and occasional pain, I'm limited in what I can do and have little energy. Regaining strength is taking much longer than I thought but I am progressing. I may be around for years to come but will be spending my people's inheritance lol.

(--deletions--)

I'm researching herbs that have been shown good against cancer. Some I ruled out because they were a little too toxic or potentially so. Some are staples like turmeric, ginger, milk thistle and others. I was already taking them for years but they didn't stop the cancer so we will see. Perhaps in larger doses they will do more.
    Sulforophane in broccoli and especially broccoli sprouts is really showing great potential for anti-cancer activity. I used to take the supplement form (powdered caps), but since learning that the powder is basically useless (little to no bioavailability) I started eating the sprouts. They're really easy to grow, basically you just dump a tablespoon of seeds in a jar and rinse them with fresh water daily. In 3-5 days they're ready to eat.

Of course, as oncology physicians will argue, overdoing the anti-cancer supplements and foods can be contraindicated while undergoing chemo or (especially) radiation therapy. I remember reading somewhere that taking green-tea extract (EGC) can actually reduce the effectiveness of some anti-cancer treatments, so you might be better off waiting, but by now I'm sure you've probably got that all figured out.
    Helpful djrick, snowy, Blackbird123 Rated helpful
    Likes Gullible liked this post

Mac Fandango has a spectacular aura aboutMac Fandango has a spectacular aura aboutMac Fandango has a spectacular aura aboutMac Fandango has a spectacular aura aboutMac Fandango has a spectacular aura aboutMac Fandango has a spectacular aura about

@Gullible sorry you have chemo coming so quickly after you have just gone through it. I will say a prayer for you tonight. Take good care.

Mac
    Helpful Gullible Rated helpful
    Likes djrick, snowy liked this post

north19 is a splendid one to beholdnorth19 is a splendid one to beholdnorth19 is a splendid one to beholdnorth19 is a splendid one to beholdnorth19 is a splendid one to beholdnorth19 is a splendid one to beholdnorth19 is a splendid one to beholdnorth19 is a splendid one to beholdnorth19 is a splendid one to beholdnorth19 is a splendid one to beholdnorth19 is a splendid one to beholdnorth19 is a splendid one to beholdnorth19 is a splendid one to beholdnorth19 is a splendid one to beholdnorth19 is a splendid one to behold

Thanks @notcharlotte and all the rest for the support. I was really knocked for a loop after the latest bad news on top of all else. I'm never down for long and have picked myself up and I'm marching forward best I can. I already went to the cancer center and scheduled chemo. Surgeon said wait 5 or 6 weeks before chemo, this new doc suggested it after another 3 weeks. I said ok lets try it. I said I wanted aggressive treatment, he said this chemical is aggressive though easier on the body supposedly than previous versions. After the series of treatments I guess a pause to recover and then perhaps something else

No one is guaranteed an easy time of it. You can do all the right things and get struck down while smokers and people with horrible diets just coast right along. I've lived a full life, can't complain. I am working on my will and will be distributing some wealth to deserving people and causes in the near future. I will be deleting aggravation from my life that I used to put up with. I will travel soon as I'm able and try to make best use of my time. I'm just not good at having fun, been too much nose to the grindstone in search of the almighty dollar or almighty bitcoin. I will work on that, of course now the virus puts a damper on everything and some politicians seem to want to keep quarantine as long as possible but something will work out

I'm not sure how much I will be posting in the near future, I still have brain fog, aches and occasional pain, I'm limited in what I can do and have little energy. Regaining strength is taking much longer than I thought but I am progressing. I may be around for years to come but will be spending my people's inheritance lol.
    All the best and hoping things go as well as possible for you.

14. i'm so sad, @Gullible, but you have the best attitude. fighting is good, you take care of your health, and plenty of people beat it. your gov has me a little worried, as i think your state should be more cautious in opening up. not that it does any good. so many people are out, and my son says people just ignore the rules. be careful out there.

you are so right: you can do everything right and still get sick. but doing things right makes you healthier and a better fighter. once the fatigue from the surgery is over, you'll get your strength back. then you can spend that inheritance, too, having a great time. you can tell your family "oops! sorry it's gone. it was that brain fog!" take care and feel better.
    Helpful Gullible Rated helpful
    Likes heliarc, djrick liked this post

I went in yesterday and they read me the documents with all the side effects of the junk they are going to give me. I think they mentioned everything except leprosy. I will start on the 27th so I'm trying to eat right and build up my strength. I'm a little bit stronger, less aches and pains and maybe even the brain fog is drifting away a bit. Or I'm just getting used to it.

I don't feel like doing anything but I push myself now and then. Got to walk around and excercise a bit every day. I've been told the disease is in a weakened state right now and may have already perished. But can't rely on that so have to undergo the chemo to have a better chance. Then watch and see. I guess a ct scan once or twice a year but that only finds colonies that have established already. I heard there is no good test for this but I'm going to look around because there is always something new and most doctors won't have heard about it yet.

The sky is clear and sunny. Gov is opening up the state little by little. It has to be done, if a couple extra of us old folk croak its better than the whole economy fails and people cant feed themselves or their families. People are going to die anyway. That may sound harsh but its true. Meanwhile I wear the mask when I go out.

temmuz has a spectacular aura abouttemmuz has a spectacular aura abouttemmuz has a spectacular aura abouttemmuz has a spectacular aura about

Hey @Gullible we're not quite old folk yet.

My ex gf is currently undergoing chemo for colorectal cancer. While I was researching around for her case, I have stumbled across "immuno-oncology". I think you might be interested in that. Here is a link I had saved for you.

https://hot-topics.globaldata.com/im...cology-market/
    Helpful snowy, djrick, Blackbird123 Rated helpful
    Likes Gullible liked this post

snowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond repute
    snowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond repute
    It's good to see you @Gullible.

4legsgood is a splendid one to behold4legsgood is a splendid one to behold4legsgood is a splendid one to behold4legsgood is a splendid one to behold4legsgood is a splendid one to behold4legsgood is a splendid one to behold4legsgood is a splendid one to behold4legsgood is a splendid one to behold4legsgood is a splendid one to behold4legsgood is a splendid one to behold4legsgood is a splendid one to behold4legsgood is a splendid one to behold4legsgood is a splendid one to behold

Hey Gullible, I have never referred to my own son here, on the forum, out of respect for his privacy... but he’s kinda a boy wonder and in the medical field, in a way. Antimicrobial resistant coatings and such. Our lives were touched by cancer, he has done so much research and believes the immuno-oncology mentioned above would have saved his dad, gone now almost 15 years.

Please don’t give up hope. Don’t know you IRL, but so many of us believe their is a connection between the mind and ailments of the body. Don’t want to preach, but you are so strong, such spirit. Cared about. Keep fighting and yeah, grab every good time available while you do it. (Will skip my awful humour... lots of chicks here can add it themselves. .

Thanks for all the helpful words and thoughts everyone. I liked the 'blame it on brain fog' for when I spend it all I'm trying to be philosophical about the whole thing, whatever is supposed to happen will happen. I have a friend in spain who would like me to visit them. A relative or two in the states I might visit. I'm just not sure what is fun anymore, used to be having fun was easy, you just needed a little cash or maybe not even that. So I will work on the fun part

I'm going in tomorrow tuesday for blood work then wednesday for the first chemo treatment. I will get a drug made from platinum, no wonder they charge so much, ha. I read the immunology page but its mostly in the pipeline or in trials. It seems all they have right now is poison to kill the cancer and hopefully you survive the poison. But there is a good chance it will work, many have beaten it. I'm still a little mad the hospital made me wait 2 months for the operation because of rules. No non urgent cases were allowed so they had little excuse. Time is of the essence with these things.

My appetite has come back and I'm eating normally without having to push myself too much. I'm taking exercise and lots of vitamins, minerals, herbs etc. I have ordered potassium bicarbonate and vitamin c powder to make potassium ascorbate. This is supposed to be a cancer cure that the doctors don't want you to know about. Yeah sure we hear stuff like that all the time and its usually a scam but once in a while you hear about something that works great and that the doctors either don't know about or ignore it. I have posted many things I discovered before, cures or treatment for a variety of conditions and they are all cheap. This one sounds good and seems harmless.

One good thing about potassium ascorbate is that is just vit c plus potassium and we need both of them anyway. I don't plan to take huge amounts so we will see. The more things you have going for yourself the better. I also heard testimonials about ingesting chlorine dioxide which is just industrial bleach. Supposedly cures all, even a friend of mine recommended it. But no I don't think so. I'm not saying never no way but I will try safer stuff, the tried and true. I will watch for more reports on the bleach but I doubt I will be desperate enough for that

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678