NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 1186 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EBay seller bull$#!+

madabock15 will become famous soon enough

I have sold on ebay as well for a long time. I cant get them to up my selling limit for some reason. I have been a member for about 6 years and have almost 200 positive feedbacks as a buyer and seller. I rarely list anything for sale anymore though due to the fees as well. By the time they take fees for listing selling and pay pal your left with nothing. Ebay is only to get rid of stuff laying around the house. there is no way to make a profit from ebay anymore. you have to wonder ho some people sell stuff on here that actually is valuable.
    Likes VEDA liked this post

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
    I used to make over a thousand dollars a month on ebay prior to most of the new rules initiated over the past few years. I used to have hundreds of listings and was showing up on most searches for my products on page 1. Then they made it that you cant sell the same items in different colors or styles separately, and I never show up now. I walked away pretty much because of all their fees, then pay pals fees, its a money pit now.
    Quote Originally Posted by lilrudegirl View Post
    I've been a seller on eBay since 2011. I've had a few problems with customers, but nothing majour that couldn't be worked out. I'm just so frustrated at ebay's policies right now.

On 5 December I shipped an item to a customer from India. The last tracking scan was in the Chicago sort facility. I realize that the item is taking longer than usual to arrive. However, I wasn't expecting eBay to send me an email saying they've frozen my funds for the total purchase amount until the item is received or I refund the customer! I called eBay and was informed that if I cannot settle this matter with the customer, they will settle it on my behalf - by removing funds from my account to refund the buyer.

I just know I'm going to be forced to refund this customer and then he or she will receive the item for free. I would be frustrated if my package had been in transit for nearly a month, but I would also allow more time during the busiest season for shipments prior to opening a case against a seller with 100% positive feedback.

I sell things on eBay because I need the money, and this has really put me in a bind. Furthermore it makes me want to cut ties with eBay. Between their listing fees, final sale fees and now this bullshit, it's getting harder and harder to make any money with it. Unless you are a "power seller" capable of a thousand simultaneous listings, I don't think I would recommend it as a viable option for income.
    Likes lilrudegirl liked this post

dbt123 is a glorious beacon of lightdbt123 is a glorious beacon of lightdbt123 is a glorious beacon of lightdbt123 is a glorious beacon of lightdbt123 is a glorious beacon of lightdbt123 is a glorious beacon of lightdbt123 is a glorious beacon of lightdbt123 is a glorious beacon of lightdbt123 is a glorious beacon of lightdbt123 is a glorious beacon of lightdbt123 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by legend0710 View Post
    I used to make over a thousand dollars a month on ebay prior to most of the new rules initiated over the past few years. I used to have hundreds of listings and was showing up on most searches for my products on page 1. Then they made it that you cant sell the same items in different colors or styles separately, and I never show up now. I walked away pretty much because of all their fees, then pay pals fees, its a money pit now.
    Yeah, the fees are pretty ridiculous. Whenever I can avoid the eBay end of things, I do.

I'm curious though - considering how much you used to make on eBay, what do you do instead now that you've stopped?

Withdraw the funds from PayPal, thus no money to return.

Brianna9 has a brilliant futureBrianna9 has a brilliant futureBrianna9 has a brilliant futureBrianna9 has a brilliant futureBrianna9 has a brilliant futureBrianna9 has a brilliant futureBrianna9 has a brilliant futureBrianna9 has a brilliant futureBrianna9 has a brilliant futureBrianna9 has a brilliant futureBrianna9 has a brilliant futureBrianna9 has a brilliant futureBrianna9 has a brilliant futureBrianna9 has a brilliant futureBrianna9 has a brilliant futureBrianna9 has a brilliant futureBrianna9 has a brilliant futureBrianna9 has a brilliant future

That has happened to my husband recently, they took the money back and the customer received their package a week later. So now they got a product and didnt pay for it. He contacted Ebay because the email we had for them bounces back, guess what?They are having a hard time getting them tob respond hmmm.Its crap, we have proof they signed for it.
    Likes wintermute liked this post
    Im a Trackaholic!

wintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud ofwintermute has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Brianna9 View Post
    That has happened to my husband recently, they took the money back and the customer received their package a week later. So now they got a product and didnt pay for it. He contacted Ebay because the email we had for them bounces back, guess what?They are having a hard time getting them tob respond hmmm.Its crap, we have proof they signed for it.
    EBay is so concerned with pleasing the buyer, that they completely forgot about the seller. It's a terrible business practice to treat the sellers, who are technically Ebay's customers, with such disrespect. After all, if it weren't for the sellers, EBay would earn very little revenue.

I used to sell on EBay, but I've discontinued due to their's and Paypal's exorbitant fees and terrible treatment of sellers. As far as EBay is concerned, the buyer is always right and we sellers just have to put up with it.

I also hate how buyers don't have to pay immediately after winning the auction. I've had some take a week or more before EBay finally stepped in and did something about it. I wish there was some way that EBay could charge the buyer's credit card immediately after they win the auction, or require the buyer to pay immediately for "Buy it now" items.
    Likes Brianna9 liked this post

petenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond repute
    petenyc has a reputation beyond repute
    Never had a store front, but sold many IT items on EBay years ago. Always had buyer pay by certified check or postal MO - remember those days? I had a perfect seller rating.

When they started jacking up the rates and using paypal, it was not worth the hassle and loss of money in pocket for the fee's. They are stealing money from the sellers now.

I don't buy or sell with them - for years and reading these posts, I feel bad for the sellers who are having issues, but reaffirms my decision to stay far away from them.

I hope it works out for those who are having issues.
    A well-developed sense of humor is the pole that adds balance to your steps as you walk the tightrope of life - Unknown. "Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves" - Oddball / Kellys Heros.

9. EBay seller bull$#!+
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12