Thread: Online Trading - Robinhood

1. Default Online Trading - Robinhood

Does anyone else use Robinhood for casual (or not so casual) trading?

I've been using it for a little while now - I don't have a ton of experience, I've never used E-Trade or anything else, but so far I'm enjoying it. It's clean, intuitive, and I had no trouble getting things set up.
    Likes snowy liked this post

2. Quote Originally Posted by Zenak View Post
    Does anyone else use Robinhood for casual (or not so casual) trading?

I've been using it for a little while now - I don't have a ton of experience, I've never used E-Trade or anything else, but so far I'm enjoying it. It's clean, intuitive, and I had no trouble getting things set up.
    IMO, the worst trading platform you could choose. You can get locked into (or out of positions), a short-term trader's worst nightmare when a stock is moving quickly. All I ever hear from other traders is complaints about this.

And, the RobinHood Reddit discussion forums are infested with scam artists, bunkos, and total noobs, which is probably a further indicator of the overall sophistication of their product.

I have TD Ameritrade's ThinkorSwim standalone platform, it's pretty goddam slick, so I'm willing to pay the slightly higher fees they charge on options. Being the total degenerate gambler I am, I'm mainly a part-time options trader, as I find equity trading too dull. I like putting out $500, with a chance to make several times that amount (or lose it all, which does happen, you just have to roll with it).

We should have a thread on here for best/worst all-time trades - I have some doozies to tell, on both the winning and losing end. Just as a teaser, years ago before getting into options, I bought 100,000 shares of a micro-cap for $0.007 a share and sold them later for $0.02, and I thought I had made a hell of a good trade. And, then, I watched that goddam miserab of a stock rise from $0.02 to $0.05, to $ 0.10 to $0,20, and onward.....it didn't stop until it hit $0.45. Do the math, I pissed away a chance at $45,000 for a whopping $700 investment. I kicked my own ass for months after that one.

Anyway, back to being sick, and hitting the re-fresh key on my USPS tracking page, woowhoo, life is great.
    Likes gitmein liked this post
    Drug criminalization is modern-day slavery.

3. Interesting. I have heard about their day trading blocks. I'm not one to look to buy and sell in a short term, yet. I suppose if/when I get there I'll be paying someplace else for that privilege.

Thanks for the feedback!

4. I love Robin Hood. I can’t stop myself from checking how my stocks are doing every hour though! I’ve heard a few complaints from people where the app glitches when they go to buy/sell a stock at a good price which causes a delay and loss of money

5. Quote Originally Posted by Junepei View Post
    I love Robin Hood. I can’t stop myself from checking how my stocks are doing every hour though! I’ve heard a few complaints from people where the app glitches when they go to buy/sell a stock at a good price which causes a delay and loss of money
    My understanding is that casual traders seem to love it. It's really not meant for day traders, but they are usually more than willing to pay for the trades they make.

I'm looking forward to Bitcoins coming to my state so I can consolidate that there as well.

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.