Thread: Which muscle relaxers work without turning one into a zombie?

Omega_Human will become famous soon enoughOmega_Human will become famous soon enough

Default Which muscle relaxers work without turning one into a zombie?

excuse the mispellings:
    I'm taking a lot of CBD,
    A few years ago I was prescribed lorzone 750mg tabs to take with oxycodone for back pain. A full tablet would make me groggy, stupid, lethargic, etc for a full 24 hours plus. There was nothing pleasant about it other than not being in pain. Even a half tablet turns me into a moron. Just speaking from personal experience, but being turned into a moron for a day is not something I enjoy.
    The back pain has come back and it's still over two weeks before I can have a procedure to test if cauterizing the nerves will work.
    Tried flexeril when younger and now refuse it because it doesn't do anything.
    Once tried 10mg baclofen once and remember it knocking me out. That was a long time ago and don't remember if it relieved muscle tension.
    Skelaxin sort of worked many years ago but have not had it prescribed to me specifically.
    Soma I first tried when it was over the counter in border towns for $5 for 100 tablets (showing my age). That's what I'm taking now - ordered the day after the injury and it arrived the day after I was able to get in for a Dr's appointment. With this I could get in trouble with a piss test. My main fear is my Dr would not prescribe the oxycodone required if I get caught or even dismiss me as a patient. Not so certain the Dr would prescribe it, Dr threw out a dozen options and carisoprodol was not on the table.
    Asked for something less sedating than lorzone, so randomly tried metacarbomate , maybe it's methacarbomate? Can't even find the bottle, it simply doesn't work for me.
    What works that doesn't turn a person into a zombie?
    This Dr doesn't ask / doesn't care if I use CBD.
    Last edited by Kerry; 2 Weeks Ago at 07:06 PM. Reason: Remove reference to use of Schedule I item
    Likes lividthedream liked this post

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
    I pulled my back out two weeks ago - I am pretty miserable but do think is is getting better with ibuprofen and yoga stretches. Tiger balm is my new scent! Neurontin may help but I often feel weird on it.

Feel for you- hope you feel relief soon

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_Human View Post
    excuse the mispellings:
    I'm taking a lot of CBD.
    A few years ago I was prescribed lorzone 750mg tabs to take with oxycodone for back pain. A full tablet would make me groggy, stupid, lethargic, etc for a full 24 hours plus. There was nothing pleasant about it other than not being in pain. Even a half tablet turns me into a moron. Just speaking from personal experience, but being turned into a moron for a day is not something I enjoy.
    The back pain has come back and it's still over two weeks before I can have a procedure to test if cauterizing the nerves will work.
    Tried flexeril when younger and now refuse it because it doesn't do anything.
    Once tried 10mg baclofen once and remember it knocking me out. That was a long time ago and don't remember if it relieved muscle tension.
    Skelaxin sort of worked many years ago but have not had it prescribed to me specifically.
    Soma I first tried when it was over the counter in border towns for $5 for 100 tablets (showing my age). That's what I'm taking now - ordered the day after the injury and it arrived the day after I was able to get in for a Dr's appointment. With this I could get in trouble with a piss test. My main fear is my Dr would not prescribe the oxycodone required if I get caught or even dismiss me as a patient. Not so certain the Dr would prescribe it, Dr threw out a dozen options and carisoprodol was not on the table.
    Asked for something less sedating than lorzone, so randomly tried metacarbomate , maybe it's methacarbomate? Can't even find the bottle, it simply doesn't work for me.
    What works that doesn't turn a person into a zombie?
    This Dr doesn't ask / doesn't care if I use CBD.
    WOW- you sound like me in some off ways.

Yup-zombie drugs a bunch of them are. Flexerils are about the worst. Never could stand those.

I believe the gold standard is Valium. Good luck getting it. Soma probably 2nd.

The others- wastes to me. And yes I have a true need for them but what have you.

I have tried most and still have scripts for Tizanidine. Tiz still makes me too tired. Soma used to but I normally take a half of a dose which I guess is about 175 mg. Valium hands down works best for me and my problems. My cervical cord is shot and offers up lots of headaches and pain.
    That's only a bit of my issues but you get it I am sure.

I have had no luck on the Robaxin aka methcarbomal. May as well be PEZ.
    Baclofen- well it depends. I hear good things for MS patients. Not my med these days but it helps some and off label uses abound.

I guess soma and valiun are my fav's.

Well I am not a fan of CBD's, never found them successful and I've tried the real things believe me.

I think a lot of them you have to trudge through a week or so. I would never tell you to take Flexeril. I detest it personally and know many others that would agree.

If you are talkijng simply about pain- it's a tough call. I mean some take relaxers as a pain reliever.

If you could speak specifically to your back issue- could help, perhaps.

Do you get therapy? I get deep tissue- kind of sorta helps I guess.
    I think aquatic therapy is a good way to go if you can find it.

Drugs are not the only answer and sometimes they are far from an answer if you follow.

I would never suggest pain meds but so you know some find relaxers addictive, too. Mostly Soma's. Once upon a time I could get those from the doc without issue. Now the hospital does not even care to offer. Crazy.

Valium is great but addictive, builds up, and good luck finding a doc that will script it.

I suggest therapy, BIOFREEZE ( a gel you can rub into your muscles that does not stink like some), hot tub, ice, heat, etc.

I bought a used hydrocollator like they use in spas/therapists/etc.- then you add the heat packs. They work well.

Would help if you could say what is up with your back. I mean is it "shot" or just sore from being the pass rusher on the football team?

Again- I still highly suggest aquatic therapy but tell me more.

I am no expert but I did stay at the Holiday Inn Express last night...

Good luck and be pain free.
    Last edited by Kerry; 2 Weeks Ago at 07:07 PM. Reason: Remove reference to Schedule I item
    Likes Stevo1 liked this post
    Call on God, but row away from the rocks

RN92 is offline Banned Reason: Permant Ban Multiple Accounts Forbidden

Tizanidine is the lightest was ever prescribed to me, but was quite effective along with codeine or I should say T4 from Canada. Then I tried Baclofen and Oxycodone because it was prescribed together smaller dose of Percocet I think 5/325 and Baclofen was 25mg (not 10 mg that I am getting now), and I only ale to receive Tramadol from my Doctor since she is afraid of CDC&DEA and also says that Opioids make mpain worse long term, but 7 years ago she had different opinion. Go figure. And she would never ever prescribe Soma and actually there is a US for Soma at least I heard there is. My sister swears by Soma and Tapentadol being the strongest meds ever for the crush she was in, but I am ok with Baclofen I can drive on it and even if Taken with / 50 MG Tramadol I don’t get drowsy at all. I think here is Robaxin, but I never tried it. They all are very easy to obtain from your doctor if you don’t ask for opiates in combination. My mother at some point had Ambien, Norco, Xanax and Flexeril. She was always strange ever since she got into pills and after 3 years went out on disability and sits gone and counting pills. I used to ask her to give me 1-2 Ambiens now I don’t even try, meds turned my mother into zombie, it’s very sad.

calgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond repute

OMG, how different are we all, in how various meds work/don't work/have side effects??? For me, I found that Flex works really well for true muscle spasms, with virtually zero side effects, no drowsiness, no brain zaps, etc. Soma does absolutely nothing for me, but has no noticeable side effects, either. Tizan makes me totally loopy, sleepy, unable to think (much less do anything else complex, and forget about driving, hah!) but at the same time, does nothing for muscle issues. And diaz works really well as an "allover" med, it reduces anxiety but also muscle tension, but with no other side effects *at all*.

Geez, how I wish our MDs would just listen to us and take our experiences into consideration - we are not all alike, and a med that works for many people might not be effective for me, or vice versa. And that is NOT med shopping. Sheesh.
    Helpful H20shed65 Rated helpful

H20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond repute
    H20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond repute
    H20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by calgal99 View Post
    OMG, how different are we all, in how various meds work/don't work/have side effects??? For me, I found that Flex works really well for true muscle spasms, with virtually zero side effects, no drowsiness, no brain zaps, etc. Soma does absolutely nothing for me, but has no noticeable side effects, either. Tizan makes me totally loopy, sleepy, unable to think (much less do anything else complex, and forget about driving, hah!) but at the same time, does nothing for muscle issues. And diaz works really well as an "allover" med, it reduces anxiety but also muscle tension, but with no other side effects *at all*.

Geez, how I wish our MDs would just listen to us and take our experiences into consideration - we are not all alike, and a med that works for many people might not be effective for me, or vice versa. And that is NOT med shopping. Sheesh.

LIES! ALL LIES! You know that 250mg of diazepam you take every day makes you feel all untense and what not!
    Likes Stevo1 liked this post
    Self Appointed Forum Moderator ==> Click HERE to REPORT Suspected TROLLING!

calgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by H20shed65 View Post
    LIES! ALL LIES! You know that 250mg of diazepam you take every day makes you feel all untense and what not!
    Okay star-boy!!! (But it's only 100 mg, jerk!!)
    Likes H20shed65 liked this post

Omega_Human will become famous soon enoughOmega_Human will become famous soon enough

Yes, it seems something works different for everyone.
    After retrying the methylcarbomate 750mg, even they have a next day zombie effect.
    I'll stick with the soma for short term use and just accept that I won't be able to get a refill on oxycodone without spending a few days clearing the soma metabolites out of my system. I take 500 - 750mg of soma. Benzo's don't work on me, I've been taking clonazepam my entire life.
    As far as pain, I suspected a root nerve impingement. There is arthritis, spinal cord is good. The Dr will try numbing some nearby nerves with lidocaine. If that works, then burning the nerves should last for about a year before they grow back. At the beginning of the year I might be able to afford a few sessions of platelet lysate or platelet rich plasma. Because it's the spine it costs more than a knee or something less dangerous to poke on. Looking at about $3500 and crossing my fingers for that. Insurance will pay for burning the nerves or for cortico-steroid injections. They won't pay for regenerative medicine.
    Last edited by Omega_Human; 2 Weeks Ago at 05:09 PM.

10. Which muscle relaxers work without turning one into a zombie?