Thread: FDA approves return of popular Primatene Mist asthma inhaler

scruffydog is a jewel in the roughscruffydog is a jewel in the roughscruffydog is a jewel in the roughscruffydog is a jewel in the roughscruffydog is a jewel in the roughscruffydog is a jewel in the roughscruffydog is a jewel in the roughscruffydog is a jewel in the rough

Default FDA approves return of popular Primatene Mist asthma inhaler

The Food and Drug Administration approved the over-the-counter aerosol inhaler late Wednesday. It's for temporary relief of mild, intermittent asthma symptoms in people ages 12 and up.

The original Primatene Mist was discontinued seven years ago because the inhaler's ozone-depleting propellant had been banned. That version had been marketed for half a century, including in memorable TV ads.

The new product developed by Amphastar Pharmaceuticals uses a safer propellant. The inhaler will cost about $25 and contain 160 doses. It should be available by the end of the year.

Info from fda: https://www.fda.gov/Drugs/NewsEvents/ucm624994.htm
    Likes DB Dicey, meadowlark liked this post

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
    I dont know why the helpful button was disabled on this thread. Ive stocked up on albuterol inhalers from ProgressiveRx@ $8 pop plus shipping to last me for years. Primatene always worked for me. I had stocked up on them before the ban that lasted me 5 years. Albuterol inhalers @my local pharmas run approx $100 before my insurance kicks in. My drs never recommend Primatene...but whatever. It was $16 before the ban.
    Likes scruffydog liked this post

jannie is just really nicejannie is just really nicejannie is just really nicejannie is just really nicejannie is just really nicejannie is just really nicejannie is just really nicejannie is just really nicejannie is just really nicejannie is just really nice

I believe they discontinued it also due to the possible side effects of epinephrine use. I've seen people use their entire Albuterol inhaler up in a week rather than seek medical care, doing that with a epinephrine inhaler could lead to cardiac arrhythmias.

Primatene has always been available in pill form.

scruffydog is a jewel in the roughscruffydog is a jewel in the roughscruffydog is a jewel in the roughscruffydog is a jewel in the roughscruffydog is a jewel in the roughscruffydog is a jewel in the roughscruffydog is a jewel in the roughscruffydog is a jewel in the rough

I used primatene for many years, both the tablets and inhalers, and i stocked up on them too before the ban, i still have one unopened one left i was saving for a dire emergency. Glad they will be back.
    Likes DB Dicey liked this post

7. FDA approves return of popular Primatene Mist asthma inhaler