Page 431 of 431 FirstFirst ... 331381421429430431
Results 8,601 to 8,617 of 8617

Thread: What made you smile today?

1. I sold my Toyota Corolla 1999 for $3500, and that is made me smile so much. I will be running tomorrow to Toyota Dealer and yes, I will do it by myself. They have 2018 Toyota Camry 18,000 miles lease return for $17,999. It’s basic, but I have $14,500 and maybe if I come with cash they will give me a deal? Anyway I drove my clunker for 14 years, 329,000 miles and I am so excited I got rid of it, even though it drives good and I bet that youngster can squeeze another 100,000-150k out of it.
    Last edited by Enthusiastic85; 05-15-2019 at 06:19 AM.
    Likes djrick, kevlar, bluebell, VEDA liked this post

djrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond repute
    djrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond repute
    Made me smile - lots of adorable kids that came trick or treating, some awesome costumes.

neighborhood-cat-lady-kids-costume.jpg9
    "All cruelty springs from weakness." --Seneca (4 BC - AD 65)

Hi all, I smiled today listening to Kenny Rogers - The Gambler it was one of my dads favourite songs and I just had a great feeling inside listening to it on utube anyway I was smiling like a cheshire cat and I am sure he was smiling back down at me
    Likes pinkflower, djrick, bluebell, VEDA liked this post

Watching an episode of Friends made me laugh, very funny show.
    Likes bluebell, VEDA, djrick liked this post

5. It was a gorgeous day: it didn’t rain, my youngest kid is getting better after getting very sick, my cat came back home after being missing for over three days and freezing his ass off somewhere :-)) and yeah my last year package safely arrived, after being in route almost a month and a half - it’s my last one, last one!!! I am only using domestic from now on. I definitely appreciate the source I got from you guys, but he is just swamped with orders. Or lazy.

All I know that for 60 more days I would be mostly pain free and even sleep ok. I am not the smartest or sharpest person in the world of advice, but I stopped trusting doctors completely. Nobody care about my pain or sleep. Nobody believes a mother of three kids as everyone who is on pain meds is ”getting high” automatically.

I am tired of going to a Pain managment and hope my meds won’t get cut. It happened and for the misery of begging for 90 Tapendols, absolute crap that DONT even help me with my pso.arthritis. I was just getting some sort of placebo effect.

SO, if you want to be sure you will be pain free tomorrow and won’t have a need to feel like a drug seeking loser asking for your monthly prescription - you have to take that matter into your own hands!!!
    Likes VEDA, djrick, kevlar liked this post

liltiki2 has a spectacular aura aboutliltiki2 has a spectacular aura aboutliltiki2 has a spectacular aura aboutliltiki2 has a spectacular aura aboutliltiki2 has a spectacular aura about

My little elderly yorkie. He sailed through the air as I was holding a piece of toast and nabbed it out of my hand. The brat, he's over 12 years old and still all about food. No matter whose.
    Likes VEDA, kevlar, djrick liked this post

7. We got a late Christmas package in the mail today and I texted my kids to tell them they each had more presents to open. I swear I heard their footsteps on the stairs before my finger was off the “send” button. It made me giggle. But what really got me laughing was their enthusiasm to come downstairs also brought our dog. As I handed each of the kids their packages, the pup sat down looking expectant. Something about the look on his face of “and where’s mine?” set us all into a fit of giggles. It was good to have that shared moment of laughter. Made my heart happy.
    Likes kevlar, VEDA, djrick liked this post

SoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant future

Hey y'all!! It's Valentine's Day Don't be such humbugs!

It's sunny in my part of the world. The cold bites you in the face, but it's so much nicer than the grey skies we've endured most of December and January.

Valentine's Day doesn't have to be commercial. I never gave a hoot about it until my kids came back from school with clumsy and pretty little handcrafts. They expected their parents to celebrate the day as lovers. We thus started celebrating it not to disappoint them. I would cook a gourmet meal, the DH would open a bottle of superior bubbly and we would sit in the dining room while the kids were watching us from the stairway, absolutely sure that we couldn't see them through the rail. Teachers told me that they would brag about it in class the next day.

Valentine's Day grew on us; not as an occasion to buy gifts but as an occasion to stop the whirlwind that are our lives to appreciate each other.

I have always believed that some dates should be branded with a hot iron on our calendars for celebrations of a type or another. Christmas is on December 25th, not the 20th because one wants to get rid of it before going to the Carribeans. The date of an anniversary of any kind, whether is is an official holiday or a personal happening, should be observed. If there are any Jews or Muslims among us, they know what I'm talking about. These special days take all their signification because we show the will to celebrate them even when we don't feel like it. Once you've put on proper clothes and given it a go, you'll start feeling the magic.

This being said, Valentine's day is not just for lovers. It's an occasion to make a a free and unselfish gesture towards anyone. Call or visit that aunt who's decaying slowly in her home for the elderly; bring a bowl of soup to your neighbour who's going through chemo; just smile at a stranger in the street and if they smile back, risk a hug...

Write a message to @jazzie who is grieving HarryIrene on his birthday (today) and who is also devoting herself as a care giver, often a most ungrateful occupation. Make her feel loved.

hands hugging.gif

Love,

ST
    Some perfume always lingers on the hand that offers flowers.

SoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant future

This morning, as I already wrote to @El Grandote on another thread, I woke up to a house where Cupids and hearts where hanging in every room.

In fact, there is even a huge one at the main door, so that the mail-man and the kids going to school get to enjoy it!

I'll tell you one of my little stories. Stop yawning already

A few years ago, I went to this foreign city of Toronto for a client's meeting; a 6 hour drive in good driving conditions. I also visited a friend of mine, whom I knew had only about two months to live. A very strange and rare illness that fortunately allowed her to stay home with minimum care. She had been my boss at one point in my life.

Upon leaving for Toronto, I stopped by the florist and got four dozens of roses. Why four dozens? They were extremely charming variegated roses; I had never seen roses so beautiful; they cried tenderness.This lady had pushed me back to college and told me that if I got an A average, she would pay for my tuition; she did. She gave me a promotion and I became an executive. I don't know where I found the energy for all that.

I was no fool, I new that she was taking advantage of me, paying me a third of the salary she paid the more senior boys for the same job. (You have to realize that university tuition fees are extremely low where I live.) I resented her for for some time. I found out that resentment is like drinking poison and waiting for the other person to die. I know a PR member uses that phrase as a signature, I just don't remember who. We cleared the air and always remained in contact.

At one point, I took a break from paying work. When the kiddies got out of diapers, the lady, who was now in Toronto, started sending me contracts. I progressively established a home business and expanded my customer base over the years. Had it not been for her, first by pushing me to get that degree, then by giving me responsibilities much higher than what my experience legitimated at the time and finally, by pushing me back to work as a freelancer. I was brought up in a family of artists and intellectuals who had no business acumen.

I was glad for the occasion to tell her all that and to give her the magnificent roses. They pleased her beyond words. I slept there one night, met my client the next day and left the following morning, which happened to be February 14. The weather changed as I was progressing on the highway. Sleet became wet snow and then a full fledge snow storm with high winds. I stopped only once to gas up.

Not having foreseen those terrible conditions, I had taken the small car, to save on gas. When I arrived home, it was just on time for dinner. I extirpated myself from the car in the parking of a Szechuan restaurant to pick-up a take out meal. I was so tense that I swear my arms would not unfold from their 2:10 position on the steering wheel, which I had kept for hours.

I found my DH shovelling the driveway so that I could park easily upon my return. When I entered the kitchen with my precious bag of Chinese food, I was stunned at the sight of a bouquet of the same roses I had offered to my friend. Tears filled my eyes and the stiffness in my body melted away.

My DH, knowing that I was coming back, had gone to see Louise, our favourite florist. He was hesitating as to what to chose. This was Valentine's Day; Louise and her daughter were at their busiest. As the daughter had started preparing a bouquet, the mother came up from her workshop downstairs. She recognised DH and said "Oh, this is for SoTired. Don't move, I know what would really make her happy." She went back downstairs and came back with the last dozen of those magical roses, that she had kept especially for me.

Two days before, I had done the puzzles in the daily newspaper and the hidden phrase was a Chinese proverb: " Some perfume always lingers on the hand that offers flowers." It took a turn to a prediction of kinds and It stayed with me, as you'll notice if you pay attention to my signature.

Our darling Louise died young. She had touched so many people in our neighbourhood that her children couldn't believe the large attendance at her funeral. Since then, my DH has visited other florists, but they fail to inspire him. As I said in my previous post. Showing love is not about buying things. But then, today, he took an hour off from work to go to the grocery store for oysters, and he saw this pretty rose bush in a plastic pot. That spoke to him. Next summer, it will make a permanent home in our flowerbeds. I might eventually ask @Binky for tips to make sure it stay healthy inside.

I'm a terrible photographer, but you'll get the gist.

St Valentin 2020 MODIFIÉE.jpg

Let his be the day of the hundred smiles.

10. ya know.... @SoTired, I have always thought you were someone I would love to live next door to. I love the story/post you shared with us.

Happy Valentine's Day to you and everyone else on PR.

(not mine--off of Pinterest)….……...IMG_1921.JPG
    Likes jakemoe, windowpane, VEDA, SoTired, djrick liked this post

11. My tax return got deposited. Whole whooping $3k )) Wenwill be going on vacation if my hubby would be successful on getting a standby vacation as it’s based on seniority. We were talking about Hawaii for like 10 years. Hopefully in October of this year dreams will turn into reality.
    Likes VEDA, SoTired, jakemoe, El Grandote liked this post

medi1 has a brilliant futuremedi1 has a brilliant futuremedi1 has a brilliant futuremedi1 has a brilliant futuremedi1 has a brilliant futuremedi1 has a brilliant futuremedi1 has a brilliant futuremedi1 has a brilliant futuremedi1 has a brilliant futuremedi1 has a brilliant futuremedi1 has a brilliant futuremedi1 has a brilliant futuremedi1 has a brilliant futuremedi1 has a brilliant futuremedi1 has a brilliant futuremedi1 has a brilliant futuremedi1 has a brilliant future

My meds arrived this morning
    Likes SoTired, jakemoe, El Grandote liked this post
    "Hope is a good thing, Maybe the best of things...and no good thing ever dies."

@grannyof2boys, your post certainly made me smile today!!
    What a nice thing to say. It's really sad that Mr. Roger was snubbed in such a way at he Oscars. Won't you be my neighbour?

What a beautiful heart, too
    Last edited by SoTired; 1 Week Ago at 02:20 PM.
    Likes grannyof2boys, windowpane liked this post

14. I pooped today that made me smile lol

15. I got to take a nap today. It was so wonderful and glorious. I loved it, helped me make it through the rest of the day. Definitely made me smile.

jakemoe has much to be proud ofjakemoe has much to be proud ofjakemoe has much to be proud ofjakemoe has much to be proud ofjakemoe has much to be proud ofjakemoe has much to be proud ofjakemoe has much to be proud ofjakemoe has much to be proud ofjakemoe has much to be proud ofjakemoe has much to be proud ofjakemoe has much to be proud ofjakemoe has much to be proud ofjakemoe has much to be proud ofjakemoe has much to be proud ofjakemoe has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemilk View Post
    I pooped today that made me smile lol
    Congratulations!
    Likes Bluemilk liked this post
    F**k the DEA

17. @jakemoe haha
    Likes jakemoe liked this post

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
Page 431 of 431 FirstFirst ... 331381421429430431