Thread: Cirrhosis / Fatty Liver Disease

Good-Girly is a jewel in the roughGood-Girly is a jewel in the roughGood-Girly is a jewel in the roughGood-Girly is a jewel in the roughGood-Girly is a jewel in the roughGood-Girly is a jewel in the roughGood-Girly is a jewel in the roughGood-Girly is a jewel in the roughGood-Girly is a jewel in the rough

Default Cirrhosis / Fatty Liver Disease

So here I go, 2017 has not been my year, I have searched the forum and cannot seem to find the appropriate place to ‘park’ this post and it’s a tough one to write so please be kind and bare with me.

Earlier this year in May (2017) I went to the GP and requested bloods to be done as generally felt run down, swollen tummy and was a little deflated that even though my youngest daughter is 2 now I was receiving comments that I appeared pregnant. If you look at historical posts I have made you may see I have lived very much in the weight loss section, however after baby number 4 have been absent from here for a while. Now I find myself unable to talk to anyone with what is really going on.

To cut a long storey or (what would be a mighty long read) down, I have very young children, all under 6 years, my marriage and hectic lifestyle caught up on me, some would call me a functioning alcoholic. Business owner and active member of charity groups and community work. However My husband became violent towards me this year and I sought sobriety in October, but it transpires the damage was done. We have worked through our problems and 2018 is going to be alcohol free amoung other things.

I have had many many tests and scans all to determine why I have felt so tired, which I blamed life for a while.... but All blood work through up high liver enzymes and ferritin was over 1000 I had a fibroscan done in November which diagnosed I have Fatty Liver, with fat deposits within, and a marker point of 16.9 and anything above 12 in the UK is classed as scarring on the liver and early Cirrhosis, I have an endoscopy to look at oesophageal varices in 6 weeks - this seems like an eternity away, and I cry a lot thinking I have a death sentence on my head. I can stop drinking and WILL - 2018 I say my year. Just had a blip in October after a domestic. In the meantime, I am left with google to see exactly what is going on.

I am 34 does anyone know with the correct diet changes and abstinence for alcohol have any experience with this disease and preventing premature death?

I saw the consultant on the 26th December and even though that was a few days ago, my mind is exploding and I keep thinking of my kids and how much I don’t want to die a premature death. I am ashamed that I blamed a stressful life on them and used alcohol to manage anxiety and stress.

So I guess my question is..... Although I cannot reverse the damage done, making the change now, no alcohol, get physically and mentally fit ~ is it acceptable to feel I will live a normal long life?

I have shed many tears even writing this, I am so scarred and albeit accountable for my actions feeling super alone, low and ashamed.

I lost 5 stone using Phentermine in 2014, but in order to relax the racing heart beat etc would drink to avoid panic attacks and nervousness, I looked incredible at 127lbs but as it transpires when the phentermine stopped, the alcohol didn’t so much.

Any advice people have of personal experience would be welcomed, I have read all I can on the web.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.
    Last edited by Good-Girly; 12-31-2017 at 02:02 AM.
    Helpful LiveLoveLaugh Rated helpful
    Avoid fruit and nuts. You are what you eat.

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
  3. @Good-Girly, just a quick google search says that if you stop drinking, your liver will start to recover after six months. So it is definitely in your power to reverse your disease with abstinence and a good diet. i quit drinking over 20 years ago, and yes, it is very hard. depending on how much you drink, you might need to do a medical detox, and probably should see a professional. i quit early and didn't really drink that much so i had no damage, but damn it is hard to quit. a lot of people go to aa or other gtroups. i did for a while but it didn't really help. i think a lot of women drink at home. aa seems designed for men who used to sit in bars all day, and they need somewhere to go. you are like me. with little kids and grad school going out every night was an ordeal.

i don't see why you should not live a long life. you will feel so much better as you get healthier, and the worst thing to do is despair. find something else to fill up the drinking hours. i used to buy cases of diet soda and drink that to fill up the habit. that was not very healthy, but better than alcohol. now i just drink seltzer.

not drinking is harder than just not drinking, but your health is a huge motivator and i wish you a healthy and sober new year!
    Helpful Good-Girly Rated helpful
    Likes Sushi liked this post

Good-Girly is a jewel in the roughGood-Girly is a jewel in the roughGood-Girly is a jewel in the roughGood-Girly is a jewel in the roughGood-Girly is a jewel in the roughGood-Girly is a jewel in the roughGood-Girly is a jewel in the roughGood-Girly is a jewel in the roughGood-Girly is a jewel in the rough

Thank you @notcharlotte - I am
    Really grateful for taking the time to reply. This forum offers a certain amount of anonymity should you need to reach out. I am not asking anyone to sugar coat anything, But I am terrified. Alcohol is now removed and I and just simply taking one day at a time

God bless xoxo
    Likes notcharlotte liked this post

5. try too help your liver with milk thistle. And it helps to get liver detoxifiers ebay and amazon.
    Last edited by tinmuning; 5 Days Ago at 07:21 AM. Reason: edited out all caps texts
    Helpful ludwig1961 Rated helpful