Thread: Cirrhosis / Fatty Liver Disease

Good-Girly is just really niceGood-Girly is just really niceGood-Girly is just really niceGood-Girly is just really niceGood-Girly is just really niceGood-Girly is just really niceGood-Girly is just really niceGood-Girly is just really niceGood-Girly is just really nice

Default Cirrhosis / Fatty Liver Disease

So here I go, 2017 has not been my year, I have searched the forum and cannot seem to find the appropriate place to ‘park’ this post and it’s a tough one to write so please be kind and bare with me.

Earlier this year in May (2017) I went to the GP and requested bloods to be done as generally felt run down, swollen tummy and was a little deflated that even though my youngest daughter is 2 now I was receiving comments that I appeared pregnant. If you look at historical posts I have made you may see I have lived very much in the weight loss section, however after baby number 4 have been absent from here for a while. Now I find myself unable to talk to anyone with what is really going on.

To cut a long storey or (what would be a mighty long read) down, I have very young children, all under 6 years, my marriage and hectic lifestyle caught up on me, some would call me a functioning alcoholic. Business owner and active member of charity groups and community work. However My husband became violent towards me this year and I sought sobriety in October, but it transpires the damage was done. We have worked through our problems and 2018 is going to be alcohol free amoung other things.

I have had many many tests and scans all to determine why I have felt so tired, which I blamed life for a while.... but All blood work through up high liver enzymes and ferritin was over 1000 I had a fibroscan done in November which diagnosed I have Fatty Liver, with fat deposits within, and a marker point of 16.9 and anything above 12 in the UK is classed as scarring on the liver and early Cirrhosis, I have an endoscopy to look at oesophageal varices in 6 weeks - this seems like an eternity away, and I cry a lot thinking I have a death sentence on my head. I can stop drinking and WILL - 2018 I say my year. Just had a blip in October after a domestic. In the meantime, I am left with google to see exactly what is going on.

I am 34 does anyone know with the correct diet changes and abstinence for alcohol have any experience with this disease and preventing premature death?

I saw the consultant on the 26th December and even though that was a few days ago, my mind is exploding and I keep thinking of my kids and how much I don’t want to die a premature death. I am ashamed that I blamed a stressful life on them and used alcohol to manage anxiety and stress.

So I guess my question is..... Although I cannot reverse the damage done, making the change now, no alcohol, get physically and mentally fit ~ is it acceptable to feel I will live a normal long life?

I have shed many tears even writing this, I am so scarred and albeit accountable for my actions feeling super alone, low and ashamed.

I lost 5 stone using Phentermine in 2014, but in order to relax the racing heart beat etc would drink to avoid panic attacks and nervousness, I looked incredible at 127lbs but as it transpires when the phentermine stopped, the alcohol didn’t so much.

Any advice people have of personal experience would be welcomed, I have read all I can on the web.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.
    Last edited by Good-Girly; 12-31-2017 at 02:02 AM.
    Avoid fruit and nuts. You are what you eat.

2. @Good-Girly, just a quick google search says that if you stop drinking, your liver will start to recover after six months. So it is definitely in your power to reverse your disease with abstinence and a good diet. i quit drinking over 20 years ago, and yes, it is very hard. depending on how much you drink, you might need to do a medical detox, and probably should see a professional. i quit early and didn't really drink that much so i had no damage, but damn it is hard to quit. a lot of people go to aa or other gtroups. i did for a while but it didn't really help. i think a lot of women drink at home. aa seems designed for men who used to sit in bars all day, and they need somewhere to go. you are like me. with little kids and grad school going out every night was an ordeal.

i don't see why you should not live a long life. you will feel so much better as you get healthier, and the worst thing to do is despair. find something else to fill up the drinking hours. i used to buy cases of diet soda and drink that to fill up the habit. that was not very healthy, but better than alcohol. now i just drink seltzer.

not drinking is harder than just not drinking, but your health is a huge motivator and i wish you a healthy and sober new year!
    Likes Sushi, HornetsNest liked this post

Good-Girly is just really niceGood-Girly is just really niceGood-Girly is just really niceGood-Girly is just really niceGood-Girly is just really niceGood-Girly is just really niceGood-Girly is just really niceGood-Girly is just really niceGood-Girly is just really nice

Thank you @notcharlotte - I am
    Really grateful for taking the time to reply. This forum offers a certain amount of anonymity should you need to reach out. I am not asking anyone to sugar coat anything, But I am terrified. Alcohol is now removed and I and just simply taking one day at a time

God bless xoxo
    Likes notcharlotte, bluebell liked this post

4. try too help your liver with milk thistle. And it helps to get liver detoxifiers ebay and amazon.
    Last edited by tinmuning; 08-13-2019 at 07:21 AM. Reason: edited out all caps texts
    Helpful ludwig1961, bluebell Rated helpful

5. people do what people do==========my brother told me--------as he killed his body for years-never thought to see or live through life------but now a totally different person---is he better------depends-----i dont think so-hes that much fun anymore---he will not tell me what to do but when around he firmly makes it clear -no smoking, or just playing that life game {as he calls it}-hes survived where many others didnt-when friends died of pancreas cancer ,aids or liver issues due to iv or alcohol , he was the one to live on which complexes him because physically is bad-when one friend asked if he wanted a bear he just smiled "friend i am happy to drink pure water and a slice of bread"---and he means it------

Family history is tormented with addiction---i think its more of self-destructive nature of some addicts-----brother been rehabs ,prisons, 12 steps, now he says he is a proud "dry drunk or addict"---i think he is more loving as a person but others call him AHOLE---boring-----anyway-----------i say this because when reading about "thegoodgirlie"--my bro scanned at it------tears filled his eyes--and he said to himself="I KNOW" I KNOW"-saying later how he can relate---

quote him"no human i think will understand what the issue with addiction or self destruction in all of its torture. Listen----trying not to preach but hay we are not like other people-----------call it that were just more creative, smarter or just say were idiots-----i dont care--just know your different-----but also that nobody in this life cares unless you start caring--------"ITS NOT ALWAYS ABOUT CHEMICALS"------you still have people to care for-------{WHY I CRIED}ones i know never knew what that felt like-------------

LISTEN____what help me to care for me was to get people -----and i hate people and thats ok-these people should understand and i am not talking about no one answer but GET FIND a therapist who KNOWS ADDICTION___i dont care if that person is blue, red, green ,wears clothes that i wouldnt wear------you need to begin that long cold journey of sobriety------me sober was easy-i couldnt do anything--look at a bear stomachs got me in pain on floor, i can look at ounce of pure heroin all l see is me crapping myself, shaking and remembering a close friend eyes close for last time-- i can go on but sis is giving me a rap it up look.

Your body will do whatever it will do--people die of lung cancer who never smoked a cig in life,. Forget the physical and focus on the relationships----u have solid gold in front of you--people who love depend on you----to keep that from spoiling find a counselor-----go to meetings----get someone who been there-and knows how to confront you---DONT EVER GIVE UP

ok thats it--listen if this does not make sense let me know---i am a loosy goosy also

6. {i am so scarred and albeit accountable for my actions feeling super alone, low and ashamed}--------your quote.

i remember talking to another recovering addict and those haunting feelings -fear,guilt,alone,,self esteem shot-----shows that you are surrounded by thousands of others who know EXACTLY where your at---old or young, man woman,who cant see beyond the emotional pain-------u nned help----its all around----just make sure they understand-------and have been having a good sober life-----you never forget the pain-but it does not hurt anymore but stays as a reminder
    Helpful Good-Girly, petenyc Rated helpful
    Likes shrimpandwhitewine liked this post

Thank you all x
    I lost weight 36 pounds and latest fibroscan was 7.7 normal liver function - I am elated beyond words thank you for taking the time to reply - I have new goals and new outlook - dark cloud lifted.
    Avoid fruit and nuts. You are what you eat.

8. great news, @Good-Girly. that is a stellar accomplishment. i hope you feel very proud and i bet you look and feel healthy.
    Likes shrimpandwhitewine liked this post

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.