Thread: Anyone with migraines ever been diagnosed w/CVS?

Bawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant future

Default Anyone with migraines ever been diagnosed w/CVS?

I've had migraines for years and when I get a major one I have 1-2 days of severe vomiting multiple times per hour along with light, motion, and sound sensitivity. I know that my digestive tract goes into paralysis & was researching that when I came upon this, which I'd never heard of. Has anyone with migraine ever been diagnosed with this along w/migraine? Anyone even heard of it? It sure sounds like me...Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome...

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/healt...iting-syndrome
    Likes LightRF liked this post

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
  3. Hi, I'm so sorry you deal with that. I too suffer from migraines, yet only have the vomiting if I let it go on too long without the Imitrex. Then it's so far gone, I end up in the ER. Do you by any chance live where the weather has several fronts coming in, sometimes many a day or several times a week? I live where it does in the MW, it's terrible here. I've ran into so many people who have them here, the barometric pressure wreaks havoc with the migraines.
    Helpful Bawston Rated helpful
    Likes LightRF liked this post

So sorry to hear this —or anyone dealing with migraines. Like @cookiegirl I live in the Midwest too and suffer endlessly. I’m on sumatriptan for migraines and they work (if I catch them).

@Bawston — this makes sense to me given migraines can absolutely cause vomiting and could trigger more sickness. I’ve been there myself— it’s like once I began vomiting, I couldn’t stop and ended up in the ER for dehydration. Have you tried a prescription anti-nausea med preemptively with any migraine med? I take them both together and it’s kept me out of the ER at least!

Bawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant future

@cookiegirl ...my migraines are definitely weather related and the worst usually come with a change in the weather...often believe it or not going from bad weather to gorgeous dry and warm weather. Another trigger is pollen and here in New England we've got plenty of that. Most of the food triggers are additives and those I can control (if I know about them).

I've tried all the abortive meds which just don't work for me and for a few years now have had great success with Botox injections. Unfortunately I've had an increase lately in the truly bad migraines that go for 1-2 days with vomiting. It seems that my back and neck problems might be related and I'm starting next week with cortisone shots. I had to make a decision to start w/ neck or lower back and because I can't walk very far decided on lower back. Then we'll go to the neck which I hope might give some relief for the migraines.
    @LightRF ...I've tried a number of antinausea meds. Xofran is the only one that doesn't knock me out but of course when you're that sick all you want is any sleep you can get. There's also a suppository that's helpful but they all only give me maybe a 2 hour nap before being back to the vomiting. I too have many ER visits for hydration. It seems that lately though, maybe my age, each one of these is taking more and more out of me.

One thing that sometimes helps if I can get it in time is Reglan. Apparently what happens with this is that your stomach goes into lockdown/paralysis and Reglan can sometimes help...again if early enough.

So many people suffer with this I just wish there was something that would stop these monsters in their tracks.
    Helpful Gullible, LightRF, Blackbird123 Rated helpful

6. Hi, I'm sorry you suffer also. I used to live in the SW, no migraines, till I moved here. I dread the weather forecast, praying no barometric changes. My Mom even started to get them. My old doctor, both he & his nurse, weather-related migraines, and so many others I've run into. I take the sumatriptan/Imitrex, cheaper than an ER visit. I look forward to the day, no more migraines :-) Here's to you & hopefully a migraine free week :-)

- - - Updated - - -

I've tried the anti-migraine medicines, they were....awful. I took it and within a couple of days...deja vu. Food tastes awful and soda pop went flat in my mouth. I'd had a brain disease, and sure enough this was one of the meds they'd put me on 20 yrs. ago. I got off of it right away (it didn't keep the migraines away). I won't take it again, it went into the garbage. I knew something wasn't right when I ate, everything tasted horrid. It brought back a bad time in my life, one I don't want to revisit.
    Likes LightRF, Bawston liked this post

Gullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond repute
    Gullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond repute
    I would definitely try cbd for migraines. It might also be good to try red light therapy. If you do, use it on acupuncture points for headache or migraine. Or just look up the points and massage them with your hands. Can't hurt and might do the job.

8. Just a thought , as a migraine sufferer. Over the past year I started eliminating sugar from my families diet due to my youngest having bad teeth (from birth). I used sugar substitute in everything! Migraines got significantly worse - I pushed fluids (sugar free g2 Gatorade ) thinking I was dehydrated. Anyhow ... I’m just coming to relay this and wanted to be sure to mention it.
    Helpful Blackbird123 Rated helpful
    Likes Bawston liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Apricarr View Post
    Just a thought , as a migraine sufferer. Over the past year I started eliminating sugar from my families diet due to my youngest having bad teeth (from birth). I used sugar substitute in everything! Migraines got significantly worse - I pushed fluids (sugar free g2 Gatorade ) thinking I was dehydrated. Anyhow ... I’m just coming to relay this and wanted to be sure to mention it.
    @Apricarr ... any and all suggestions for people to try are always good. Just my own comment on that though it that any sugar substitute or additives like MSG will trigger a migraine for me within hours. I think everyone has different triggers. In addition to those mine are definitely weather related. It doesn't matter if it's good or bad weather, just the change in barometric pressure.

10. Anyone with migraines ever been diagnosed w/CVS?