Thread: Need advice.. Anyone injure a rib or bruise their rib muscles?

Unhappy Need advice.. Anyone injure a rib or bruise their rib muscles?

So I initially injured my rib muscles from being twisted pretty hard a week and a half ago. Went to the ER and was told no fractures just bruised/strained muscles. Then as my luck would have it I injure the EXACT same spot. I don't have insurance and not sure what to think of it. I can now feel knot a little bigger than a quarter which I think is my muscle. I would love to hear stories of similar experiences and how long it took you to heal.

736E30E7-94E3-446F-9550-5D869DADB449.jpg

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
    Denman has a reputation beyond reputeDenman has a reputation beyond reputeDenman has a reputation beyond reputeDenman has a reputation beyond reputeDenman has a reputation beyond reputeDenman has a reputation beyond reputeDenman has a reputation beyond reputeDenman has a reputation beyond reputeDenman has a reputation beyond reputeDenman has a reputation beyond reputeDenman has a reputation beyond reputeDenman has a reputation beyond reputeDenman has a reputation beyond reputeDenman has a reputation beyond reputeDenman has a reputation beyond reputeDenman has a reputation beyond reputeDenman has a reputation beyond reputeDenman has a reputation beyond reputeDenman has a reputation beyond reputeDenman has a reputation beyond repute
    Denman has a reputation beyond reputeDenman has a reputation beyond repute
    You need to go to a hospital. Sorry to say it but that's a nasty looking bruise and could mean more damage internally. That lump could be a bone and you may not even know. I've had broken ribs before and they suck. Hurts to breath. But that's much lower than the spot where I broke mine and you may not even feel a break.

Even if it's not a break you could still have other serious issues that need to be looked at. Having no insurance makes it hard to decide when it's time to get expensive medical care, but personally I'd get it looked at. Whatever state you're in may offer some assistance if you ask the hospital and apply for it.

A regular GP will just send you for an X-ray anyway and you're still gonna pay out of pocket. I hope you'll consider an ER visit, and hope you heal up soon.
    Best,
    Den
    Helpful chuchu, Mecha, snowy Rated helpful
    See the young man sitting in the old man's bar, waiting for his turn to die...

I went already and Im just not sure what they are going to do for me. Also, you never know with Urgent Care.

Denman has a reputation beyond reputeDenman has a reputation beyond reputeDenman has a reputation beyond reputeDenman has a reputation beyond reputeDenman has a reputation beyond reputeDenman has a reputation beyond reputeDenman has a reputation beyond reputeDenman has a reputation beyond reputeDenman has a reputation beyond reputeDenman has a reputation beyond reputeDenman has a reputation beyond reputeDenman has a reputation beyond reputeDenman has a reputation beyond reputeDenman has a reputation beyond reputeDenman has a reputation beyond reputeDenman has a reputation beyond reputeDenman has a reputation beyond reputeDenman has a reputation beyond reputeDenman has a reputation beyond reputeDenman has a reputation beyond repute
    Denman has a reputation beyond reputeDenman has a reputation beyond repute
    You went to the hospital before you injured it a second time tho right? I'd choose the ER over Urgent Care, they're useless with these type of injuries.
    See the young man sitting in the old man's bar, waiting for his turn to die...

snowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond repute
    snowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond repute
    @chuchu Great advice from @Denman .
    My sister had such a bad cough from the flu that she ended up pulling a muscle in her chest. She went to the doctor and they recommended icing and OTC pain meds.
    They also told her to come back if she had difficulty breathing that may be due to a possible cracked rib.
    Take it easy and please stop injuring yourself.
    Likes Denman liked this post

Trust me Im trying hard not to! Lol

Do's
    - take painkillers such as paracetamol or ibuprofen – avoid taking ibuprofen for 48 hours after your injury as it may slow down healing
    - hold an ice pack (or bag of frozen peas in a tea towel) to the affected ribs regularly in the first few days to bring down swelling
    - breathe normally and cough when you need to – this helps clear mucus from your lungs to prevent chest infections
    - if you need to cough, hold a pillow against your chest
    - walk around and sometimes move your shoulders to help you breathe and clear mucus from your lungs
    - take 10 slow, deep breaths every hour to help clear your lungs
    - try to sleep more upright for the first few nights

Dont's
    - wrap a bandage tightly around your chest to stop your lungs expanding properly
    - lie down or stay still for a long time
    - strain yourself or lift heavy objects

Fairly common sense for the most part with these but hopefully some helpful advice and you should be fully healed in 4 weeks. It looks like a similar injury my aunt had but it's always hard to tell severity from a picture.

I wish you a speedy recovery.

9. Need advice.. Anyone injure a rib or bruise their rib muscles?