Thread: sinus meds + remedies!

1. Default sinus meds + remedies!

looking for input on what works for you? has anyone had success with sovereign silver?

any news on generic versions of 12-hour Mucinex that should now be available in generic? i haven't seen anything.
    Last edited by bluu; 1 Week Ago at 05:19 PM.

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
    Gullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond repute
    Gullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond repute
    I've been using oil of eucalyptus. I just take a sniff in each nostril and it usually clears right up
    Helpful bluu Rated helpful
    Likes Hymee liked this post

I have Fall allergies, hay-fever, which almost always turns into a bad cough brought on by nasal infection and drainage. And then I was hooked on the over the counter nasal sprays, to the point of dosing every hour or two.

But now I use Flonase. One spray in each nostril before bed and no more sinus issues or allergies! It used to be by prescription only but you can get it over the counter now.
    Helpful Bawston, pmpl, bluu Rated helpful

Bawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by Onzo View Post
    I have Fall allergies, hay-fever, which almost always turns into a bad cough brought on by nasal infection and drainage. And then I was hooked on the over the counter nasal sprays, to the point of dosing every hour or two.

But now I use Flonase. One spray in each nostril before bed and no more sinus issues or allergies! It used to be by prescription only but you can get it over the counter now.
    @Onzo...how long have you been using the Flonase? I was thinking of trying it again because it did help me but then it got very bad sores in my nose and they took me off it (that was when it was prescription only).

I've been using Azelastine (Astelin) for years now and it works great but I can only use it at bedtime because it knocks me right out.

I use Zyrtec in the a.m. and benadryl in the p.m. everyday. I use Flonase infrequently when needed. I also use nasal saline solution with qtips daily to keep allergens out and sinuses clean.
    Helpful Bawston, bluu Rated helpful

@Bawston, I've been using Flonase for over a year but only once a day before bed. I got a sore nose too when I first started but I cut back to once a day. And then I use a saline rinse in a Neti Pot in the morning which helps to sooth any irritation before it turns into a sore spot. So far so good.

Gullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond repute
    Gullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond repute
    Get a netti pot and it makes the process of nasal irrigation easy. Use a little salt in the water and it will fix you up

9. Nasacort, one of those bottles that you fill with distilled water and mix that you spray up there (ugh)- but I cannot stand those netipots, and a back up of a portable Omron nebulizer. I love the nebulizer as you can just put 2 AA batteries in it, and your med of choice or I guess some saline- and boom. When I feel like something may want to go chest bound, I hit that machine.
    You don't need a pricey nebulizer but I like the portable one for when I go into the mountains like the Catskills or Adirondacks and don't want those cheesy machines. You may need a scrip to get one but a lot of online companies are pretty lax about it. I mean it's just a nebulizer. Just get a real one.

I am done with the daily meds myself if I can help it. I just try to stay up on the Nasacort daily and the rinse every few days or more if I am not up to par. The nebulizer if I am fighting something off.

Also, stay hydrated. Lastly, I always keep my whole house humidifier on with a good filter. If not, a room filter. If I travel I use a portable humidifier. The hotel rooms and cabins are the worst as far as my travels- well except for backpacking/camping. Not much you can do about that and those campfires are a rough bit to get thru.

Bawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by pmpl View Post
    I use Zyrtec in the a.m. and benadryl in the p.m. everyday. I use Flonase infrequently when needed. I also use nasal saline solution with qtips daily to keep allergens out and sinuses clean.
    @pmpl...and everyone else with great suggestions! Unfortunately I can't take Zyrtec or Claritin because it triggers my lymphocytic colitis and then I end up on steroids...same with Benadryl if I take it for more than a couple of days.

As for the Nettie pot, I've heard a lot of people really stand by that but after just reading about a woman who died from some kind of brain bacteria after using it, I just don't know. Although that's one in a zillion they do say to make sure to use purified water.

I may go back and give the Flonase another try and just once/day.
    Helpful bluu, Hymee Rated helpful

Serious sinus issues as well
    Dumped about 400kg diphenhydramine into my body
    saline snorts are good, must carry a snort pack out & about, still tops!!
    Helpful Gullible Rated helpful
    Likes bluu liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Bawston View Post
    @pmpl...and everyone else with great suggestions! Unfortunately I can't take Zyrtec or Claritin because it triggers my lymphocytic colitis and then I end up on steroids...same with Benadryl if I take it for more than a couple of days.

As for the Nettie pot, I've heard a lot of people really stand by that but after just reading about a woman who died from some kind of brain bacteria after using it, I just don't know. Although that's one in a zillion they do say to make sure to use purified water.

I may go back and give the Flonase another try and just once/day.
    Allergies can be a quality of life reducer. If you use the saline spray you don't have to be concerned about water purity or saline concentration like with the Nettie pot. I also use undiluted peroxide on a cotton swab if I notice any sinus bleeding in the hope of removing the offending irritants. I hope you find a remedy that works for you.

Edit: undiluted 3% hydrogen peroxide
    Last edited by pmpl; 1 Week Ago at 09:18 PM.
    Helpful Bawston, bluu, Hymee Rated helpful

@pmpl...you've got thatbright about allergies! I got allergy shots for years primarily for severe allergy to bee stings. Since I was having to go for the shots anyway I got tested and had them give me the shots for all my other allergies. My bee sting reaction is better - non life threatening but I'm not sure about all the other allergies.

I got retested a couple years ago & they found that I had 26 spring related allergies. They test in season sonafter that I didn't even bother doing the fall related ones.

14. Quote Originally Posted by Hymee View Post
    Serious sinus issues as well
    Dumped about 400kg diphenhydramine into my body
    saline snorts are good, must carry a snort pack out & about, still tops!!\
    that's funny

15. sinus meds + remedies!