Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Urinary retention

CANT SLEEP HELP PLZ is offline Banned Reason: Multiple violations of rules 6 and 19. Non-acceptance of rule 23.
    CANT SLEEP HELP PLZ is on a distinguished road

Default Urinary retention

Damn this is some ****ed up shit to have it must take like 3 to 4 minutes when I need to urine
    Its almost funny when I take a drug test for probation or a new job i tell the person we gonna be here
    for a while. Im trying my best one time I tried so hard my nose started bleeding. Oh and don't let someone come in the stall next to me to urine then that
    makes even worst if i cant piss by myself I damn sure aint gonna piss with someone next to me.

BUT GUESS WHAT I WILL LIVE WITH THAT FOREVER WITH NO PROBLEM IF I COULD JUST BE ABLE TO SLEEP AT NIGHT. WE ALL HAVE ISSUES DON'T WE? And I tried flowmax doesn't work. Any suggestion's for a 47 year old man who can't get 1 hour of sleep at night and can't urinate? And yes I have to urologist he just gives flowmax which doesn't work for me he checked my prostate
    showed it to me on camera said it just fine. ****ing ridiculous I'm not a bad person don't know what i did in life to deserve this.

ludwig1961 is just really niceludwig1961 is just really niceludwig1961 is just really niceludwig1961 is just really niceludwig1961 is just really niceludwig1961 is just really niceludwig1961 is just really niceludwig1961 is just really niceludwig1961 is just really nice

If you are taking trams or gabs, stop for a few days. At least 24 hours, lets say. Those two meds caused me problems at first till I got used to them. I honestly feel your frustration.

MRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond repute
    MRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond repute
    Many medications will interfere with urination. I had to stop literally everything I was taking to figure out hat was causing it. Almost everything I was taking had some urinary retention issues. I also, don't seem to get much out of flowmax. Benzo's will definitely cause you a problem. Although, I can manage with melatonin and doxylamine succinate.

I would stop all medications to see if it helps. It is a very disturbing problem to have. As a fellow sufferer of over two years, you have my sympathies.
    IMPOTUS!

MRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond repute
    MRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond repute
    Also, if you're up against the wall about urination DO NOT GET A FOLEY CATHETER! I had the hospital put it in, and they wouldn't take it out until my urologist said ok. He wanted a bowel movement (TMI), and I have nasty constipation too. Anyway, it was in for 4-5 days, and it was enough to make me forget all my bladder training. It's taken me two years to get back to feeling normal about bladder urgency.

A better solution is to request disposable one-use catheters. I have a script for one a day for when I just can't go, and can't get to sleep because of the bladder pressure. If I need it I use it only right before bedtime.

Additionally, you might find get some relief from edible medical marijuana. Edibles have less head-effects than smoking/vaping. It helps suppress bladder urgency, and helps me not wake up all the time at night. I used to wake up between 5-10 times a night and have to feel like I need to pee. Now I might wake up 3 times at the most, and only have to pee once or twice a night. BIG change there. It's also good for back pain and insomnia.
    Helpful pinkflower, GreenThumb Rated helpful
    Likes CANT SLEEP HELP PLZ liked this post
    IMPOTUS!

CANT SLEEP HELP PLZ is offline Banned Reason: Multiple violations of rules 6 and 19. Non-acceptance of rule 23.

thanks actually i take seroquel and benadryl to try and sleep so thats all i take i take the trams when the pain is unbearable but i will try your method
    nothing to lose
    Likes ludwig1961 liked this post

damn you so went through it too, yeah i think it was the benzos but i cant find benzos anymore so i cant say its that. its crazy like when i was working i would
    be at the stall sometimes by myself and im like ok concentrate you can do it and then someone else walks in, now i just wash my hands and leave cause if i cant do it by
    my self like i said i really cant do it with someone next to me so i have hold it longer and go back to the stall in like 10 minutes. then its almost like a orgasm cause
    your like yes f
    FINALLY

REALLLY!!!! HOLY SHIT you know there is some hand in hand theres times i try to piss and all of sudden i have to do #2. And that not why i went to the bathroom i went to piss
    then when #2 happens thenpiss will start. I remember back like 7 years ago i had a good job with benefits so i went to a good urologist in a expensive area of nyc. And this
    women hooked me up to all these wires here i am half naked a chick in front of me and she put me over a tank or bowl whatever u wanna call it, to see if i would piss or shit i couldnt do either that was way to weird. but there is some kind of blockage the bowl movement is blocking the urine at times

Yes your bowels can block your urethra.

Quote Originally Posted by MRNUTTY View Post
    Additionally, you might find get some relief from edible medical marijuana. Edibles have less head-effects than smoking/vaping. It helps suppress bladder urgency, and helps me not wake up all the time at night. I used to wake up between 5-10 times a night and have to feel like I need to pee. Now I might wake up 3 times at the most, and only have to pee once or twice a night. BIG change there. It's also good for back pain and insomnia.
    Cheers @MRNUTTY. I've got a relative who I will mention that to. Those three things are issues for this person.

Artknowsme is a name known to allArtknowsme is a name known to allArtknowsme is a name known to allArtknowsme is a name known to allArtknowsme is a name known to allArtknowsme is a name known to allArtknowsme is a name known to allArtknowsme is a name known to allArtknowsme is a name known to allArtknowsme is a name known to allArtknowsme is a name known to allArtknowsme is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by CANT SLEEP HELP PLZ View Post
    thanks actually i take seroquel and benadryl to try and sleep so thats all i take i take the trams when the pain is unbearable but i will try your method
    nothing to lose
    Benadryl especially in large doses will cause urinary retention. There is also a link to dementia and long term use of diphenhydramine. Try and get off of that as soon as possible.
    Helpful pmpl, Utopiate Rated helpful
    Counting on someone else for your happiness is a recipe for premeditated disappointment.

@ludwig1961 I think youre on the right track there. I have awful retention and am also on lots of gaba-ergics.
    I find thinking deeply about doing shameful things helps me pee. Like flipping off anyone nearby through a wall. Anything more shameful than peeing helps me pee.. (childhood trauma makes my subconscious think peeing is shameful).
    So its part that for me, and part drugs. Yall give the thinking something shameful/embarrassing a try and see if you let loose into the pot. Ive always wondered if it was just me.
    If youre jewish, pretend youre hitler. If youre a straight male, imagine giving a blowjob and really getting into it. Or just flip off the world and TRY to relax...
    I spend 15 minutes peeing sometimes, so obviously it doesnt always work...
    Idk. Just sayin. Report back yall.
    Ask me anything about classical guitar.

@Artknowsme, right on, all antihistamines cause urinary retention problems. I have found the doxylamine succinate (a 'sleep aid', actually antihistamine) has the least issues and the best hypnotic's. So it should be 'safe' for the OP CSHP.
    @opiatesandchopin, things that help me are:
    1) opening a window when it's cold outside
    2) running my hand under warm or cold water, drinking a lot of water. You should drink about 1/100 of your weight in liters of water each day - I can't drink that much but I average about 1.5-2L.
    3) take a short walk
    4) if you can't go, drink a glass of water and try again in 1/2 an hour.

The worst thing for me was sitting and waiting on the toilet. If you can find something else to do to distract you, drink some more water and wait 1/2 hour. I used to sit and wait in the middle of the night. But I kept falling a sleep and falling off the stool. Ha! The marijuana really helps though. You can convince yourself your bladder feels ok with the right 'training'.
    Likes Artknowsme liked this post
    IMPOTUS!

13. you guys have my sympathy. i have an overactive bladder and get up every two hours on average each night. i guess i have the opposite issue but it's just as bad. doesn't using a cath every night give you uti infections, @MRNUTTY?
    Helpful Binky Rated helpful

@MRNUTTY i have tried the hand under running water trick, not the cold window though. Maybe all im doing IS distracting myself when i say i think of shameful things... haha.
    I also have an overactive bladder, and i do drink a lot of water, so Im peeing constantly and in long sessions but never feel my bladder is "empty".
    Likes notcharlotte liked this post
    Ask me anything about classical guitar.

Guys if all else fails go to the ER and in a few minutes you will be drained. Sometimes it is the medicine that does this. @notchalotte meds may be your problems too. M
    Last edited by Mecha; 12-06-2019 at 04:48 PM.
    Helpful Binky Rated helpful
    Likes notcharlotte liked this post
    Listen to the LOVE. Inspired by Harry Irene (2015)

16. When I was a little guy my Mother potty trained me by taking me to the bathroom and turning on the sink tap. I'm now in my mid 50's and the sound of running water still makes me pee. I can honestly say that I can't even brush my teeth without having to run to the toilet. I have peed with a toothbrush hanging out of my mouth every morning for as long as I can remember. It is a pain in the ass but now that I'm older...it sure comes in handy sometimes LOL!!!!
    Likes djrick liked this post

Default yeah sometimes can take 7 to 8 minutes

I take saw pawmetto, and other prostate shit i see in walgreens or cvs. Sometimes it helps. But another problem is i like to drink juice i can drink
    juice every 30 minutes. which of course defeats the damn purpose. I also try sitting and pissing which is ****ed up cause it makes me feel like a bitch, But it does work.
    Last edited by Kerry; 12-06-2019 at 08:31 PM. Reason: REmove request for sources

yea i think everybody has tried the run the water trick doesnt work 4 me. Buy if i take a shower that is the 1 thing that always works i guess water all
    over my body relaxes my urethra. but who wants to take a shower every 4 hours and cant do that at burger king.

Gullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond repute
    Gullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond repute
    There is a muscle in your belly that when you tighten it, it pushes on your bladder. Or you could simply push on it yourself. I think being very relaxed is key. If you are anxious about peeing then it makes it harder. Pushing alone won't do it but totally relaxing that whole area is important. Also if you try to push by tensing up all muscles then you may be pushing on the bladder but the tightness does not allow the sphincter to open. The urinary sphincter is partially under our control and partially not so if your body feels tension that can clamp it shut. When its slow getting started for me I just imagine a river is flowing out, relax and I can feel the sphincter open and then all is well. Once it starts its usually fine.

Many people say cranberry juice helped them.

Quote Originally Posted by opiatesandchopin View Post
    @MRNUTTY i have tried the hand under running water trick, not the cold window though. Maybe all im doing IS distracting myself when i say i think of shameful things... haha.
    I also have an overactive bladder, and i do drink a lot of water, so Im peeing constantly and in long sessions but never feel my bladder is "empty".
    LOL! I had typed out a long response on the blow job topic, then realized what the context was, and had to delete it :-)

That's the funny thing. I can pee as many as 18 times a day and still feel miserable and anxious. It's the feeling of 'something' confused with 'must pee'. I went from having issues urinating to 'feeling like I have to pee all the time'. The foley catheter drains the urine immediately from your bladder. I experienced this for several days. During that time, you get the disorienting feelings of:

1) never feeling fluid in your bladder expanding it
    2) never having that 'need to pee' sensation
    3) that 'release' sensation of urination
    4) constant irritation of your privates
    5) constant annoyance with plumbing
    6) constant preoccupation with "how full is bag?"
    7) and finally attendant focus on urine product vs fluid intake with or without solids (it's fascinating!)

Once the catheters out, all these things - except 7, of course - gets flipped. The end result is feeling like I have to pee all the time with a constant fascination about how much and how often I drink vs how long I can go not feeling like I have to pee! I'm never thirsty, I drink like clock work! I constantly log intake and urination! Smart phones have become AMAZING devices to sort my life out in. They used to be so horrible! Sh*t I have to take a leak... BRB!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gullible View Post
    There is a muscle in your belly that when you tighten it, it pushes on your bladder. Or you could simply push on it yourself. I think being very relaxed is key. If you are anxious about peeing then it makes it harder. Pushing alone won't do it but totally relaxing that whole area is important. Also if you try to push by tensing up all muscles then you may be pushing on the bladder but the tightness does not allow the sphincter to open. The urinary sphincter is partially under our control and partially not so if your body feels tension that can clamp it shut. When its slow getting started for me I just imagine a river is flowing out, relax and I can feel the sphincter open and then all is well. Once it starts its usually fine.

Many people say cranberry juice helped them.
    That's so weird, I have no idea how it really works anymore. It's frightening to hear it explained from the outside! LOL :-)
    IMPOTUS!

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast