Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Covid 19 & Chloroquine Trump Says Possible Cure & Preventive !

Uncle Rob has a spectacular aura aboutUncle Rob has a spectacular aura aboutUncle Rob has a spectacular aura aboutUncle Rob has a spectacular aura aboutUncle Rob has a spectacular aura aboutUncle Rob has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by jaders View Post
    There’s an article on msnbc about an Arizona man who died from taking this stuff thinking it would protect him. His wife is in critical care.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...m_npd_ms_fb_ma
    @jaders, from what I read what they took was a massive overdose of meds meant to treat fish. The article I read said they took the equivalent of 3 days worth of Chloroquine at once. Older folks, not realizing some meds are pretty powerful in their effect, with the line for help and hurt not that far apart.

jaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond repute
    jaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Rob View Post
    @jaders, from what I read what they took was a massive overdose of meds meant to treat fish. The article I read said they took the equivalent of 3 days worth of Chloroquine at once. Older folks, not realizing some meds are pretty powerful in their effect, with the line for help and hurt not that far apart.
    Oh I agree that they obviously had zero clue what they were doing, but this is also why I think it’s dangerous to come out and name specific possible medicines at this time. Folks get desperate to try anything when there is just no hard data yet.
    Last edited by jaders; 6 Days Ago at 12:00 AM.
    Helpful Mrs Parker Rated helpful
    Likes Uncle Rob liked this post
    The cause of all suffering is attachment...

Quote Originally Posted by Gullible View Post
    Trump is honest and he is correct about how they are curing the china flu with those drugs. The person I never believe is pelosi or shrumer for that matter. I distrust politicians in general but to believe the nonsense on mainstream media you have to be a fool, they lie non stop.

They are curing the disease now and have a high rate of recovery. That does not mean the problem is solved but tried and true drugs are doing the job. Hydroxychloroquine and another drug I forget the name has had a close to 100% success rate when given together. A vaccine will probably never be available and may not work if it is because the disease mutates.

I am taking a tiny dose of bht per day which is a food preservative deemed safe by the fda and is known to have a strong effect against certain viruses such as the china flu. I also ordered and just got today some other drugs out of india which are used against malaria and known to have anti virus effects in case the bht doesn't work. However I would not use it unless the hospitals are full and not taking more patients or have no more drugs and I was really sick. Then it could be the ace in the hole
    Trump appears to now understand the weight of responsibility and this Office. Hope he acts accordingly.
    Likes peppergirl, Gullible liked this post
    Unchartered lands ahead, Pay it Forward

Quote Originally Posted by Seychelle View Post
    Trump appears to now understand the weight of responsibility and this Office. Hope he acts accordingly.
    To me, he appears to understand no such thing, with the possible exception that his 'hunch' about cloroquine turns out to very quickly save huge numbers of lives. He trashes Cuomo, who is much more like the 'reassurer-in-chief', whereas Trump just gets into insulting reporters who ask him sensible questions. New York doesn't vote for him and so he is fine with taking it out on New York.

I just re-listened to Cuomo's briefing this morning, and it was a different planet from what Trump inhabits, as was Mayor De Blasio's later in the day.

It's always been said that any number of 'requirements of dignity' would make Trump 'presidential', till everybody realized that he was interested in nothing of the kind, and never had and never did and never will. Last night he said "I'm the oversight". For that Billionaire's Slush Fund. No wonder the White House hand had to be forced and it's taking this long on the stimulus package. It'll be done tomorrow, but the very idea that Mnuchin and Trump could be trusted not to dip directly into this is preposterous, and that's what the wait on the stimulus bill is about. Of course, Pelosi and Schumer had to fight that tooth and nail, but even GOPers like Thune, interviewed by Judy Woodruff tonight, would not defend Trump's refusal to listen to scientific experts. I actually thought he was going to 'talk past her', which isn't that easy, if you're familiar with the lady. Even Lindsay Graham doesn't like this rush to allay Trump's *boredom*, which is how Trump obviously sees it.

But my answer to you is merely that, in the end, even with a crisis of this magnitude, when people started saying "Trump's gonna be Trump", they were right. And how could he be anything other than "Trump being Trump"? Cuomo said, in response to a policy that would definitely leave the most vulnerable in even greater danger: “What is this, some modern Darwinian theory of natural selection?” asked an incredulous New York Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo. “We are going to fight every way we can to save every life that we can.” [quoted from Dana Milbank today in WaPo. But I'd already heard it this morning.] "Trump gonna be Trump" is certainly predictable Darwinianism.

There are lots of people on the net talking about how expendable the boomers are, old people are, etc. Trump seems to have overlooked the fact that he is himself irrefutably a boomer, and that just today someone was noticed refusing to touch him because of that very 'social distancing'. There are lots of people who still won't follow the tough rules, and they're going to get arrested here just as they were on the first day of Paris's lockdown, when 400 were arrested for refusing to 'social distance'.

In any case, even if one believes Trump is 'taking responsibility', most think being that reckless about opening the economy up again right at the apex of cases in the worst-hit parts of his own nation will also--NOT WORK. People will be freaked and scared and paranoid, and they'll try to 'social distance' anyway--without so much as a homemade piss-poor mask. And finally his most ardent supporters will start dying from the refusal to accept that this is more than 'just the flu, bro'. It will lead to triage out of no alternative, just like in Italy, although Mayor De Blasio wouldn't answer 'when that might happen', because he hopes that somehow we'll get the ventilators, PPE, hospital beds and ICU beds. I wouldn't necessarily bet on it.

If cloroquine works on a very large scale, it may be another story, even if that doesn't mean we start supporting Trump. I don't think anybody hopes it won't work, and a Democrat like Andrew Cuomo accepting large amounts of it, because there is in some cases no alternative, proves that it's hardly a Democratic plot to subvert Trump's re-election. Cuomo is not a scientist like Fauci or Birx, and so doesn't have to say anything like "there haven't been any clinical trials". I'm sure Fauci knows that Cuomo has to do it, but it would make no sense for him to 'give it his blessing', given what his position has to represent. So, fine, a governor can go ahead with it. I've read many right-wing blogs which said that it was an attempt at a political coup against Trump to suppress cloroquine--until now, when they cannot, because one of the nation's most prominent Democrats is accepting large amounts of cloroquine. These will surely be tried first on the cases in which the only alternative is certain death.

But I'm sure there are many others who think Trump is finally being 'Presidential'. He's not. It is not presidential to refuse to listen to public health experts. There's nothing 'sexy' about a crisis like this. Germany is the only Western country that has had major success comparable to the Eastern nations, although none of the Europeans are (at this point--Boris Johnson of the UK was until very recently lax himself at getting the disciplines ordered up) being nearly as haphazard and slipshod as is the U.S. Federal Government. FEMA gave New York 400 ventilators when the minimum needed is 30,000. We are much more likely to see Italy than South Korea or Hong Kong.

Not declaring the Defense Protection Act is a total outrage. But then Trump is totally lacking in empathy, and does think only of money.
    Last edited by toby; 6 Days Ago at 10:49 PM.
    Likes jaders liked this post

Work with me here,
    "In his own mind" sorry, should have clarified
    Likes Mrs Parker liked this post
    Unchartered lands ahead, Pay it Forward

Quote Originally Posted by Seychelle View Post
    Work with me here,
    "In his own mind" sorry, should have clarified
    Indeed, but it's always 'in his own mind', even when it's doing a fake weather report for a hurricane. He does not care what the issue is, his decision has to hold sway even if it's wrong, and even if he knows he is.
    Likes Mrs Parker liked this post

“When I’ve made recommendations, he’s taken them. He’s never countered or over-ridden me. The idea of just pitting one against the other is just not helpful. I wish that that would stop and we’d look ahead at the challenge we have to pull together to get over this thing.” -Dr. Anthony Fauci

You're a dreamer, Dr. Fauci, but you're not the only one...

Quote Originally Posted by Treehiker View Post
    “When I’ve made recommendations, he’s taken them. He’s never countered or over-ridden me. The idea of just pitting one against the other is just not helpful. I wish that that would stop and we’d look ahead at the challenge we have to pull together to get over this thing.” -Dr. Anthony Fauci

You're a dreamer, Dr. Fauci, but you're not the only one...
    Trump is now trying to over-ride Fauci, that's clear. It could be a matter of days, but it's clearly beginning to irritate Trump enormously. My guess, anyway. Trump probably thinks today's stock market rally means all 'the bad stuff' is over.

jakemoe has much to be proud ofjakemoe has much to be proud ofjakemoe has much to be proud ofjakemoe has much to be proud ofjakemoe has much to be proud ofjakemoe has much to be proud ofjakemoe has much to be proud ofjakemoe has much to be proud ofjakemoe has much to be proud ofjakemoe has much to be proud ofjakemoe has much to be proud ofjakemoe has much to be proud ofjakemoe has much to be proud ofjakemoe has much to be proud ofjakemoe has much to be proud ofjakemoe has much to be proud of

@floridagator and @Adrian254, I know you're not paranoid freaks. Sorry to crab at you.
    F**k the DEA

10. Hows everyone doing with the 2 week quarantine. I'm getting really bored.

Coronavirus day 7.jpg
    Likes M77, djrick, Seychelle liked this post

India bans export of hydroxychloroquine https://dgft.gov.in/sites/default/fi...ion%2054_0.pdf
    Helpful MRNUTTY Rated helpful

12. Quote Originally Posted by jaders View Post
    Well I have to admit, maybe I'm biased, but truly I believe only one side of the aisle seems more on the side of the middle class, and one more on the side of corporate america and the rich. I don't doubt that both sides are too much on the side of corporate america, but to me it still tilts heavily one way, and I wish the american people would "wake up" and demand that BOTH SIDES put the american people's interest first.

Did you see where the Texas Lt. Gov. said most "grandparents" would rather die than let our economy fail? Wow... Would we rather just let this virus run it's "natural" course, cull the "weakest" among us to keep the economy "humming?" (I'm getting a little "heavy" on the quotes.) But seeings how I don't have any grandkids, not sure I want to trade my life for money...

I hear ya and I'm with you, Jaders.
    Apparently, the human sacrifices begin once the Dow dips below 1900.

If a certain despot was in charge of the Donner Party, the cannibalism would have started in Missouri.

(Just go ahead and mute me/block me now- I don't have anything "nice" to say about any of this. Not one
    single member of my family of cancer survivors, dodgy heart owners, trans-gendered folks, elderly, or family members
    with autism are likely to come out the other side of this intact and I'm bitter af. We are not in the group
    of folks that will be "deserving" of treatment if push comes to shove and we are definitely the folks Lt. Gov.
    Dan Patrick thinks should throw ourselves on the alter of the almighty NYSE. Yeah- I'm bitter af.)
    Likes jaders, toby, MRNUTTY, Seychelle liked this post
    Nolite te bastardes carborundorum, b_tches!

jaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond repute
    jaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Parker View Post
    I hear ya and I'm with you, Jaders.
    Apparently, the human sacrifices begin once the Dow dips below 1900.

If a certain despot was in charge of the Donner Party, the cannibalism would have started in Missouri.

(Just go ahead and mute me/block me now- I don't have anything "nice" to say about any of this. Not one
    single member of my family of cancer survivors, dodgy heart owners, trans-gendered folks, elderly, or family members
    with autism are likely to come out the other side of this intact and I'm bitter af. We are not in the group
    of folks that will be "deserving" of treatment if push comes to shove and we are definitely the folks Lt. Gov.
    Dan Patrick thinks should throw ourselves on the alter of the almighty NYSE. Yeah- I'm bitter af.)
    I can only hope that enough elderly "orange one" supporters hear this and realize the truth about their "despot..."

Please stay safe and well. Don't worry - there's plenty of pushback. Loved Cuomo on this subject as well.
    Helpful Mrs Parker, Seychelle, Utopiate Rated helpful
    Likes toby, MRNUTTY liked this post

14. Quote Originally Posted by jaders View Post
    I can only hope that enough elderly "orange one" supporters hear this and realize the truth about their "despot..."

Please stay safe and well. Don't worry - there's plenty of pushback. Loved Cuomo on this subject as well.
    Thank you, M'Dear! You too! <3
    You'd think they'd understand that killing off their voting base would be a bad idea, right?!? ::Shrugs and smdh::
    Likes toby, MRNUTTY, jaders, Seychelle liked this post
    Nolite te bastardes carborundorum, b_tches!

MRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond repute
    MRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond repute
    As expected, the orange moron was wrong and told everyone false info. It wasn't any better than a placebo.

Hydroxychloroquine, a more tolerable form of chloroquine, didn’t top placebo at clearing the coronavirus among mild Chinese patients, or helping them reach normal temperature sooner, Evercore ISI analyst Umer Raffat noted in a Tuesday memo.
    welp, there's a sucker born every minute, and now they have their own leader.

https://www.fiercepharma.com/pharma-...point-clinical

Oh, and his approval has topped 60%. Thankfully, there will be that many fewer of them after Easter.

Quote Originally Posted by peppergirl View Post
    Hows everyone doing with the 2 week quarantine. I'm getting really bored.
    Doing fine. Have plenty of projects for months. I'm not risking my life on a fools say so.
    Helpful jaders Rated helpful
    BLUEWAVE2020! Are you 60 or older? Have a pre-existing health condition? Donald Trump and his Republican Party don't care if you die from the coronavirus.

16. I believe a team or independent medical researchers not funded by pharmaceutical companies and years of research which isn't possible at this point. Anything else is speculation.
    Likes MRNUTTY liked this post

17. My thought is if I were dying of Covid 19 ,which is statistically very unlikely, I would try it if it were a possible treatment.

Of course, getting a doctor to prescribe it is a whole different matter with the politics we like to play.

If I weren't sick, I certainly wouldn't just take an unproven drug to see if it protects me ?
    Last edited by Figuretheworld45; 5 Days Ago at 09:28 PM.

"Oh, and his approval has topped 60%. Thankfully, there will be that many fewer of them after Easter".

Stunning. And cosigned, no less. The mask slips.

"Oh, and his approval has topped 60%. Thankfully, there will be that many fewer of them after Easter".

Do you understand the outrage that many folks feel about our governmental officials suggesting that we go ahead and let the vast majority of the elderly and otherwise health-compromised citizens become very ill, with likely many deaths, rather than risk the negative effects this quarantine procedure will have on our economy?
    Likes Mrs Parker, Seychelle liked this post

MRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond repute
    MRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond repute

I don't hide my terror at people putting other people at risk of death. You might. That's on you.

Here's the guy made responsible for the country, and what's his first words when he finally admitted there is a crisis? "I'm not responsible".
    Likes Mrs Parker, jaders liked this post
    BLUEWAVE2020! Are you 60 or older? Have a pre-existing health condition? Donald Trump and his Republican Party don't care if you die from the coronavirus.

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast