NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 907 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.

Thread: Singapore

1. Default Singapore

Anyone from Singapore here? This is my first time buying from IOPs. So far I have ordered from two different sources. One was sent out from India (gave a tracking code). It has arrived yesterday but is being held at customs for clearing approval. Another is on it's way arriving soon since no tracking was given.

I only ordered a very small amount (30tabs) of one kind of antidepressant from the Indian source as a test.

But the very fact that it is being held at customs is not boding well for my venture....

Does anyone have any experience with the customs here? I looked up and saw that even if it's cleared I will have to collect the parcel personally after receiving a notification letter...
    Likes Kris, wolfie liked this post

2. Welcome, @orionis. I doubt there are many Singaporeans on Pharmacyreviewer, but perhaps you will receive a reply in the future.
    Could you also name the sources you ordered from, so other can potentially learn from you experience, please?
    Helpful Leisure suit Rated helpful

3. Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Welcome, @orionis. I doubt there are many Singaporeans on Pharmacyreviewer, but perhaps you will receive a reply in the future.
    Could you also name the sources you ordered from, so other can potentially learn from you experience, please?
    I ordered from two sources. One is sgpharm .net and the other inhousepharm .vu (quite well known around here). For the former, I was researching and came across the site and was desperate since I thought I will never be able to order anywhere without a script. The site only states generic and no manufacturer info or pictures related to the drug you are ordering.

But I ordered because it had a picture of my country's main post carrier, stupid I know, and it accepted my visa cc and no script was needed.

I chose "International Unregistered Mail (10-21 days)". But I was given a tracking code. The parcel originated from Mumbai and arrived in about 7days from ship date. Now it's held up at the customs office waiting for approval and a letter will be sent to addressee.

The parcel from inhousepharm is non-trackable. They will only send to Singapore with standard non-trackable post. Paid via visa cc and no script needed. Shipped next day from order confirmation.

So now I have to wait and see what happens for both.

**Incidentally I tried to order from an IOP that had their office based in Singapore but from inquiry they state that they don't ship to here because of customs.

4. Hey Orionis, I'm from there and am sort of new to even buying any sort of medications online. I have made an order but only recently, so I have yet to receive my packages. Sorry I am of no help with regards to customs and tracking! I can't seem to track my package on the local post website so I doubt mine has even made it yet. I do know that there are other locals who order from IOPs, but they might not all be on PR. Customs is probably a hit and miss kind of thing. Some get seized, some manage to get through...
    Likes orionis liked this post

5. Thanks wolfie for letting me know I am not alone here. Maybe unregistered/untrackable mail will have a better chance of making through? I will update on the statuses of the packages. One package is trackable and the other was sent through standard mail. I hope at least one arrives.

6. A letter of Notification arrived for my Mumbai parcel. Item is to be collected from HSA (authority in charge of pharma items here) by appointment within 14days. Identification and other documents (if applies) needed.

Should I go collect? I am thinking no....

Roz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond repute
    Roz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond repute
    OK this is pure speculation but isn't Singapore one of the
    cleanest cities/Countries in the world where they put you in jail for 10 years if you
    spray graffiti or spit on a sidewalk?

You might want to Google the import laws of controlled substances first. My .02.

Singapore has some of the most draconian drug laws of any country on the planet.

Simple possession can get you up to 10 years in prison and up to a $20,000 fine.

Trafficking is punishable by the death penalty...

I'd imagine importing anything at all, especially controlled, would be a very bad bad idea.
    Last edited by Heinz; 01-26-2015 at 03:31 PM.

9. Good advice on doing my homework first. Ok here goes. The item I ordered (escitalopram) is not on the controlled substances list (which requires you to apply for approval for importation).

It is however a prescription medicinal product, so "you may import quantities not exceeding 3 months' supply without seeking prior approval from HSA. You are required to have the necessary supporting documents, namely, a letter from your doctor and/or a copy of the prescription as proof that the medicinal products are for your personal medical use."

I don't have a prescription for anti-depressants. So there's that. I don't think I will get into any serious trouble by collecting but I am reluctant because I have to produce my identification, and I don't want to get into a probable questioning of where or why I am buying them online.
    Likes Heinz liked this post

10. It is true that we have very strict anti-drug laws here. It's a reason why I started this thread to hear from others who have experiences dealing with the authorities here.
    Likes Heinz liked this post

11. @orionis I don't think you'll get into serious trouble, considering you only ordered like a month's worth. If you don't have a prescription, it is illegal to order prescription drugs from IOPs so I don't think you should collect it. One of my packages arrived and I had no problems with customs. It came from Japan, delivery was extremely quick. I don't think they sell antidepressants. When I asked, they gave me a link to a ridiculously priced lexapro so I only ordered anxiety meds. There are some good medications on there, you just have to know what you're looking for and look through the entire site. Some of the medications are only used in Japan but I'm sure they do the same thing. I'll have to collect the package and try them before giving them a review though.

Now I'm a little worried about my other package because I ordered antidepressants. If it clears customs, I'll let you know. It might also depend on where you order from. Some countries probably raise more red flags at customs. I know they are worried about people getting fake medications online because there have been a few cases of people being hospitalised from slimming pills or whatever they bought online but fingers crossed for your other package, I really hope it gets through.

12. Ok I received both of my packages today. I did not have any problems with customs. I did not order any controlled substances and they were small orders. I hope yours get to you soon!

13. Quote Originally Posted by wolfie View Post
    Ok I received both of my packages today. I did not have any problems with customs. I did not order any controlled substances and they were small orders. I hope yours get to you soon!
    Good to hear, it gives me hope. Were both package trackable? I am still waiting for my other package.

14. Yes both were trackable. When they arrived, I could track them from the local post office's site. I was a little worried about them having problems with customs but everything went quite well.

15. Quote Originally Posted by wolfie View Post
    Yes both were trackable. When they arrived, I could track them from the local post office's site. I was a little worried about them having problems with customs but everything went quite well.
    Hey wolfie,

Thank you for the info. It is very kind of you to share with me the info regarding your deliveries. I have received my package on Friday bought from inhousepharm about two weeks from ship date. They are based in Vanuatu, South Pacific Ocean. I bought antidepressants from them and they have quite a good selection and reasonable pricing. As far as I can tell the pills look legit.

I can't send you a private message yet and I think it's against the rules to describe the package in detail. So I will just say the package did state
    it contains non-restricted pharmaceuticals.

Hope these meds will help us cope with life better. Thank you again and have a nice weekend.

Cheers, Orionis

16. Hi everyone!

I just ordered Poxet from sgpharm.net via normal delivery mode and the delivery was successful!
    Got it from the postman knocking on my door instead of just dropping it into my mailbox.
    Yes, this is ordered from Singapore and delivered to Singapore.

17. Hi anyone here? I'm also residing here in Singapore.

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.