Thread: LINK: Comparison of Sleeping Pills: Which is The Best and The Worst?

Viewsonical has a spectacular aura aboutViewsonical has a spectacular aura aboutViewsonical has a spectacular aura aboutViewsonical has a spectacular aura aboutViewsonical has a spectacular aura aboutViewsonical has a spectacular aura about

Default LINK: Comparison of Sleeping Pills: Which is The Best and The Worst?

I found this site helpful. It doesn't have everything, but it has some good info and head to head comparisons.

Prescription Sleeping Pills Comparison: What's Right For You?

Whisperliner L1011 has much to be proud ofWhisperliner L1011 has much to be proud ofWhisperliner L1011 has much to be proud ofWhisperliner L1011 has much to be proud ofWhisperliner L1011 has much to be proud ofWhisperliner L1011 has much to be proud ofWhisperliner L1011 has much to be proud ofWhisperliner L1011 has much to be proud ofWhisperliner L1011 has much to be proud ofWhisperliner L1011 has much to be proud ofWhisperliner L1011 has much to be proud ofWhisperliner L1011 has much to be proud ofWhisperliner L1011 has much to be proud ofWhisperliner L1011 has much to be proud ofWhisperliner L1011 has much to be proud ofWhisperliner L1011 has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=Viewsonical;355841]I found this site helpful. It doesn't have everything, but it has some good info and head to head comparisons.

Prescription Sleeping Pills Comparison: What's Right For You?
    Helpful Gladheart Rated helpful
    "Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies
    inside us while we live." (Norman Cousins)

Whisperliner L1011 has much to be proud ofWhisperliner L1011 has much to be proud ofWhisperliner L1011 has much to be proud ofWhisperliner L1011 has much to be proud ofWhisperliner L1011 has much to be proud ofWhisperliner L1011 has much to be proud ofWhisperliner L1011 has much to be proud ofWhisperliner L1011 has much to be proud ofWhisperliner L1011 has much to be proud ofWhisperliner L1011 has much to be proud ofWhisperliner L1011 has much to be proud ofWhisperliner L1011 has much to be proud ofWhisperliner L1011 has much to be proud ofWhisperliner L1011 has much to be proud ofWhisperliner L1011 has much to be proud ofWhisperliner L1011 has much to be proud of

Sorry my PR members:
    I did post a rather rambling number of comments, but, in hindsight, I deleted them, for personal reasons, as
    my comments, were about, a number of former sedatives/hypnotics, & barbs, (that once were available, some
    decades ago, but, are either:

1. No longer available in the modern industrial world, (going back to my youth, age 18 to 24) or are extremely
    rare, in the modern industrial world, for a ethical pharmaceutical, in the modern industrial world .............

2. I chose to delete the entire post, "except the shell of the above" as many of my experiences of a number of
    the said drugs, were extensively abused, or in one case even banned in the USA, or never offered in the USA,
    the latter a controversial benzO I have taken from other countries outside the USA, I chose to delete the entire
    long winding "wall of text" due to it well may could have been, determined a discussion of recreational use
    of once ethical pharmaceutical meds, I did not want to improperly make statements (my 2 cents worth), that
    would violate the basic rules of this (now long running harm reductions forum) thus that is why the above
    response is so blank, I value my membership in this IMO great PR forum, due to my long ago behavior, discussing
    some medications, back in the year 2014, I did not want it brought to the attention of the moderators, again, &
    may the wrong impression, I was discussing or "pushing the line" of recreational sedatives, for a :

Sleep Pills comparison update comparing (the year 2012, that old thread, to the 1970's and 1980's) thus that is
    why I erased the long monolog . I try to learn from my mistakes, from in 1/2 or more examples of sedatives
    that were once effective, but were highly abused, not only in the USA but in many other countries, such as
    USA to Canada to UK to Australia, to even Switzerland, South Africa, for example even Mexico,..etc etc......

that is the reason I did not revive this minimum seven (7) year old thread. I would rather make a contribution,
    rather than stagnate in the past, on many sedatives, that once were from a "schedule IV to a schedule III to even
    a schedule II to even on two cases a USA in the here & now a schedule I. One was once banned outright, ....
    another was never officially approved in the USA, but, was extensively abused, now, in the here & now in the
    few nations that even carry this sedative, that is why for my big empty blank in Post #2. Thanks for your
    patience....PR members & moderators.
    Last edited by Whisperliner L1011; 2 Weeks Ago at 08:52 AM. Reason: spelling check

4. A product named Tranquil slSleep works wonders for me. Its a product that has melatonin , Gaba , and Suntheanine. I think the three ingredients combined put me to sleep better than Ambien.
    The only other prescription strength sleep aid I've taken was Seroquel and it made me feel terrible in the morning. Tranquil Sleep is chewable and got into my system fast. All of its ingredients are non-addictive and I also didn't feel lethargic when I woke up. Might be worth it to try the cheap harmless route first. I think a sample bottle is 5 bucks.
    Helpful Polina Rated helpful
    Likes heliarc liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by opiatesandchopin View Post
    A product named Tranquil slSleep works wonders for me. Its a product that has melatonin , Gaba , and Suntheanine. ...<DELETED>..
    I take those individually together and can attest to the fact that it's a good combination...I would just round it out with some l-taurine and glycine taken on an empty stomach before bed. (It does get to be a pain taking combinations of stuff, but it can be cheaper that way).

I wanted to try "3Sleep" from Nature's Bounty, but CVS was sold out when it went on sale for $7. It's like Tranquil, but also has chamomile, lemongrass and valerian added.

I have nothing to document this, but I have read that Melatonin is very dangerous. It is a naturally occurring hormone, and I don’t remember the particular issues, but Google will bring them up.

Keep in mind that it is classified as a supplement, and not FDA regulated. I have used it, and it definitely works.

If anyone remembers, when they first started selling it OTC, the big selling point was that astronauts used it to try and get some kind of reset on their sleep clock, as they had dawn, and sun up, within a few hours of each other, when in orbit. Sounded like a heck of a marketing plan, and I bought the plan, and used it.

But, the government looks at their soldiers and astronauts as their property. It would be counterintuitive to think they would risk people that cost hundreds of millions in training. But sadly they prioritize mission success over anything else.

For example, the pilots in the Armed Services also cost millions to train. Now I’m not saying that this might not be necessary, but there was an expose of the pilots and the standard meds they were issued. They had “Go Pills,” which were Adderal, and “”Stop pills,” that were Ambien. I am not being critical, because if you had to fly a 20 hour sortie, and then had to get mandatory sleep in between missions, I don’t think coffee, and Benedryl would do the job. The problem came after a serious “Friendly Fire” incident, where the wrong target was hammered, with serious collateral damage. The investigation ended that the pilots were so jittery from the Adderal, that they were seriously speeding their brains out to the point that they could not make rational decisions. Allegedly, the fix was no more Adderal, but a few of the lesser ADH, and ADHD meds were to be discontinued, but the slightly safer Strattera, and Vyvase were to be used. Sorry if I botched the spelling on those. Meanwhile, I have no proof, but I would bet that they still use Adderal, and couldn’t care less about jittery pilots. I believe they will use whatever the best product for the job happens to be.

I am not even passing judgement on that, but the astronaut use doesn’t prove safety. There was one article that explained implicitly why Melatonin was something you should not take. I don’t even pass judgement on that, because getting no sleep is debilitating, and maybe the risks are worth the sleep. My main point is read up on anything you are going to take, and weigh the risks vs the rewards. Good luck all!
    Helpful Whisperliner L1011, bluu Rated helpful

7. Ambien works best for me. Usually I take 10mg. If it is not working, I take a 12.5.
    I also take tram Trazadone with it. It helps to prolong sleep once your asleep.
    Likes heliarc, M77 liked this post

@M77- Couple months ago I watched a PBS Nova documentary on methamphetamine use in combat during WWII. Apparently it was more common than history books and world governments (including the US) wanted to admit and led to reckless behavior (and many deaths) on the battlefield. They highlighted one battle in North Africa in which Allied tank crews willingly forged ahead into German anti-tank kill-zones, mostly because they were partially-intoxicated from methaphetamines. Basically, the drugs removed their inhibitions and fear, even though most were probably aware of the magnitude of the risk ahead.

It doesn't surprise me either that meds are still being used, even in the US military (WRT, pilots use of 'go, no-go' pills). Sleep deprivation can probably promote 'mission apprehension' besides impairing judgement and motor-coordination, and I'm sure this fact isn't lost on military commanders anywhere. The story you cited is just another example of how 'the more things change, the more they stay the same', especially with regard to war and conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by M77 View Post
    --<...deleted>--
    I am not even passing judgement on that, but the astronaut use doesn’t prove safety. There was one article that explained implicitly why Melatonin was something you should not take. I don’t even pass judgement on that, because getting no sleep is debilitating, and maybe the risks are worth the sleep. My main point is read up on anything you are going to take, and weigh the risks vs the rewards. Good luck all!
    I've been taking melatonin for years out of habit -probably not a good idea I'll admit - but I definitely notice when I forget to take it as it usually takes me longer to fall asleep. Generally tho, I think suppressing the body's natural production of melatonin is probably the main risk from long term use and IMO, it's still safer than most alternatives and other OTC and prescription sleep meds.
    Helpful M77, Gullible Rated helpful
    Likes bluu liked this post

@heliarc
    The article I read about involved one of our current overseas adventures. I think they hit a UN Hospital. It is hard to keep track of as the US gets blamed for that all the time, even when not true, but this was a real serious “friendly fire” horror. I’m not surprised at all that this stuff goes back to WW2.

I think you may be right, that taking additional melatonin could suppress the human bodies production. If that wasn’t it, I think that was at least part of it.

And not to be a hypocrite, I have used Ambien, all of the other Z-drugs, and pretty much all of the benzo hypnotics. I hate using them, because I am really worried about rebound insomnia. And the possibility of not having them when I really need them. For me, Halcyon was the gold standard. Interestingly, I started taking Ambien every night, and started getting really bad headaches in the AM. That never happened with a US pharmacy supplied Ambien, or Ambien Cr. But I never took those every night. I would force myself to use them only a few times a week. I had an Indian generic, and that caused the headaches, but I never knew if it was the actual generic, or taking them every night. I never took the Sandoz US branded ones every night, because they were too precious. I knew they worked, and my doctor would only give me 30 every 3 or 4 months.

I would look into the melatonin thing, because it might have been hyperbole, but it was scary as heck. Most of us know the problems with long term benzo use, so I saved the Halcyon for travel, or other really urgently needed sleep, but the stuff I read about melatonin was pretty scary too. I have no way to know if it was true, but it was scarier than having to kick a benzo problem, and that is scary as hell, unless you have plenty to taper with. Good luck!
    Last edited by M77; 2 Days Ago at 12:25 AM. Reason: Typo
    Likes heliarc liked this post

Just a quick correction to my previous post. After the investigation of the friendly fire incident, they swapped Modifinal in, as the main replacement for Adderal. And @heliarc, you were absolutely correct, it was “go pills,” and “no-go pills,” as you correctly noted. It was kind of you to correct my mistake by just using the correct terminology. Much appreciated!

11. i swear i remember it being on market many years back and then taken off the market

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.