Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Problems with sleep (no doubt we all do)

Quote Originally Posted by creewillow View Post
    @M77 - random(ish) question for you. When you said you couldn’t touch “the stuff” because of anxiety triggers, was “the stuff” referring to the phenibut or the edibles? I’ve debated edibles on and off for a while now, but many, many, moons ago...long before “edibles” was a regular part of our vocabulary in this sense, I started experiencing anxiety attack symptoms whenever I partook. I’ve tested the waters on occasion over the years with hit and miss results. I’ve wondered more recently if the way you can now zero in on strains, could be useful in finding something which would work, without the anxiety sensations taking hold. It’s not legal yet where I am recreationally, but I have reasons to travel to several states where it is and had been debating testing.
    When I was a teen, we had absolutely no clue what we were getting. It was either good, bad, or great. Interestingly, if I used it with alcohol, I had no anxiety problems. I actually didn’t start having anxiety problems at all, until I was a little older. I was actually so worried about having anxiety from it, I just stopped totally. Exactly as you mentioned, the strains are what matters. Sativa is the one that can cause anxiety, or paranoia. Indica is generally considered to be relaxing, but there are hybrids of both. Not this does me any good, as I have no access, which hopefully will change soon enough.
    Helpful El Grandote, SoTired, Roz Rated helpful
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me - Hunter S. Thompson

2. @M77 - Very similar when I was growing up, slightly different adjectives. Ours were “dirt” for the crappy stuff, good, or “kind” when it was great. I was never a drinker and to this day, could probably count on my hands the number of times I drank to the point of being sick. But for about five years, I toked every day. Then it was like a switch flipped. Of course, being a young twenty-something at the time, I was in denial that it wasn’t just that particular batch of bud. It took almost a month for me to admit I just needed to give it up. Didn’t touch it again for about eight years. Out of curiosity, I tried once with a friend. Immediate panic attack sensations. I’ve always found it fascinating how it turned on a dime for me. Never could determine if there was a “why” behind it.
    Helpful ludwig1961 Rated helpful

@M77 - Very similar when I was growing up, slightly different adjectives. Ours were “dirt” for the crappy stuff, good, or “kind” when it was great. I was never a drinker and to this day, could probably count on my hands the number of times I drank to the point of being sick. But for about five years, I toked every day. Then it was like a switch flipped. Of course, being a young twenty-something at the time, I was in denial that it wasn’t just that particular batch of bud. It took almost a month for me to admit I just needed to give it up. Didn’t touch it again for about eight years. Out of curiosity, I tried once with a friend. Immediate panic attack sensations. I’ve always found it fascinating how it turned on a dime for me. Never could determine if there was a “why” behind it.
    @creewillow
    We had names too, but I was just classifying it by quality. Skunk was the pungent green that was great, and the most likely to cause me problems. Mung was crap, etc. I have wondered about why I couldn’t touch it, as well. I think it was the youthful lack of caring about much. No real world problems like work, bills, housing, etc. When I was in HS, all we worried about was where we were meeting to hang out at night. I can’t say for sure, that the weight of real life was entirely the factor, but it definitely contributed. As far as alcohol, we did drink more than we should, but I only mentioned it in the context that it would mitigate any anxiety effects, as I got older. I wouldn’t touch it without alcohol at first, then I wouldn’t touch it at all.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me - Hunter S. Thompson

4. @M77 - I hear ya. We used “skunk” too. Still, very different from the sheer variety of names out there nowadays. I find myself curious, but like you, I’m not in a state where it’s legal yet, which makes it difficult as an ongoing solution for me with my sleep issues, etc. I’ve given CBD a whirl, but didn’t have a ton of success with it. Though, I have a CBD pain relief cream that does help with my less severe back pain.
    Helpful Roz Rated helpful

@M77 - I hear ya. We used “skunk” too. Still, very different from the sheer variety of names out there nowadays. I find myself curious, but like you, I’m not in a state where it’s legal yet, which makes it difficult as an ongoing solution for me with my sleep issues, etc. I’ve given CBD a whirl, but didn’t have a ton of success with it. Though, I have a CBD pain relief cream that does help with my less severe back pain.
    @creewillow
    I have posted about CBD on here, previously. I found one brand of vape cartridge that had an extremely minor effect, but it really didn’t justify the expense. I’m glad you had some success with topicals. I think I am immune to them, but not for lack of wanting them to work. I tried lidocaine patches, which did nothing. I also had a doctor prescribe a topical from a special pharmacy, it had a bunch of things that should have helped. I remember it had a bunch of NSAID’s in it. It also was supposed to have Ketamine in it, but the doctor that prescribed it, made them make it for me without Ketamine. I don’t think it would have worked any better with it. I used it, as directed, for a month straight, with no results at all. I might try the topical CBD, if you found it helpful. Thanks for mentioning it!

6. The CBD cream has been the only form of CBD I’ve had success with. I tried vaping it, oil drops, and gummies. None of them did much for me. I mean, the sour apple gummies were delicious, but without much effect. I couldn’t justify the cost. Now that I’m not taking any RX pain meds, I was contemplating giving them another try to see if they’d help. My plan to taper slowly got fast-tracked earlier this week by my own stupidity (I set my open med bottle down on the vanity with a precocious six month old kitten in the bathroom with me. She knocked it over and straight into the toilet. So, my taper went much quicker than I planned and I’ve been nee free since Thursday). So, now I’m curious to test some alternative things I tried while still using meds to see if they work better when not competing with pks.
    Helpful Roz, ludwig1961 Rated helpful

Roz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond repute
    Roz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond repute
    Agree w @M77
    Indica=pain or 'couch lock' they call it.
    Sativa = head buzz w right stain energetic euphoria
    wrong strain; paranoia
    Hybrid best 4 me. Blue dream etc.
    Anything w word cake cookies pie kush is usually quite effective. Plz dont pm. Tinmuning said for discussion ok. Shenanigans not so much.
    Btw @M77 you must have experienced quite a colorful childhood; you have such extensive knowledge on the subject. you really nailed it buddy.
    @creewillow Yes same experience w CBD. 20 minutes relief like a sauna steam bath. Refreshing relief but wont be enough for a root canal. Imo.
    Last edited by Roz; 01-09-2020 at 05:56 AM.
    Helpful M77, SoTired Rated helpful

8. @Roz - comparing it to a sauna/steam bath is a perfect description! The CBD cream I have is great for helping with minor aches and pains, particularly when something just hurts enough to be irritating when you’re trying to fall asleep. More than that? Not so much. I have found is pretty helpful when my TMJ acts up. I was a massage therapist for over a decade and know someone good release techniques for TMJ pain. Paired with the CBD cream, it’s helped me get to sleep more than once.
    Helpful Roz, SoTired Rated helpful

liztaylor will become famous soon enough

I can say that my parents have ordered the 'pen' from Canada's legal government run marijuana website and absolutely love it. You can a shot a night, kind of like a puff of an inhaler and you are done and into a nice and relaxing sleep. They swear by it. All of their struggles with sleep at this one time product has done it for them. Amazing. I feel like some of their health problems have even gotten better or alteast they feel better mentally because they have such good rest now. And no hangover.
    Helpful ludwig1961, pinkflower Rated helpful
    Likes Seychelle liked this post

Seychelle will become famous soon enoughSeychelle will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by liztaylor View Post
    I can say that my parents have ordered the 'pen' from Canada's legal government run marijuana website and absolutely love it. You can a shot a night, kind of like a puff of an inhaler and you are done and into a nice and relaxing sleep. They swear by it. All of their struggles with sleep at this one time product has done it for them. Amazing. I feel like some of their health problems have even gotten better or alteast they feel better mentally because they have such good rest now. And no hangover.
    Still sorting out terpenes and such. 'pen' , is that like inhaling through a Bic stylus?
    Likes pinkflower liked this post
    Unchartered lands ahead, Pay it Forward

liztaylor will become famous soon enough

@Seychelle, funny but yes! it looks like they suck a stylus - nicer than bic though.
    Jane fonda actually recommended it. They are fans, so they tried it and success. I only know a bit, but apparently in california only certain amounts of TCH/CBD are sold. Not totally sure. But apparently there are no such restrictions in Canada, making this 'pen' a popular commodity.
    Likes Seychelle, pinkflower liked this post

calgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond repute
    calgal99 has a reputation beyond repute
    Good grief, I'm having so many problems shutting down my brain in order to sleep, it is just ridiculous. Don't want to use drugs or alcohol to deal with it, but oh, how tempting...

Peace.
    Likes pinkflower liked this post

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123