Thread: Should I ask for a med?

1. Default Should I ask for a med?

OK, I have really bad anxiety and I have found a med that helps. Gabapentin and lyrica. One or the other, not both
    Helps so well that I even have considered going to the doc and telling them I have restless legs.
    So, this is my question. I want this med it has changed my life but I can't continue to buy off the streets. I have not found a vendor for it here. Sooo
    Should I go and say I have restless legs or do I be honest and say "hey, I been taking X for Y and it helps. Can I get a script?"
    Likes Katey liked this post

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
    jaders has a brilliant futurejaders has a brilliant futurejaders has a brilliant futurejaders has a brilliant futurejaders has a brilliant futurejaders has a brilliant futurejaders has a brilliant futurejaders has a brilliant futurejaders has a brilliant futurejaders has a brilliant futurejaders has a brilliant futurejaders has a brilliant futurejaders has a brilliant futurejaders has a brilliant futurejaders has a brilliant futurejaders has a brilliant futurejaders has a brilliant futurejaders has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by evertking View Post
    OK, I have really bad anxiety and I have found a med that helps. Gabapentin and lyrica. One or the other, not both
    Helps so well that I even have considered going to the doc and telling them I have restless legs.
    So, this is my question. I want this med it has changed my life but I can't continue to buy off the streets. I have not found a vendor for it here. Sooo
    Should I go and say I have restless legs or do I be honest and say "hey, I been taking X for Y and it helps. Can I get a script?"
    Neither of those drugs are considered "addicting" according to my (limited) knowledge. I can't believe a doctor wouldn't be happy to give either of those to you? They seem to THROW gabapentin at anyone who is in pain, especially "nerve" pain. Also I think Lyrica is now used for pain as well. Maybe do a little research on what these are commonly prescribed for and then go in with that? Again, I think a doctor would be MORE THAN HAPPY to give you either or both of these... (Just don't ask for any "narcotics." )
    The cause of all suffering is attachment...

4. Quote Originally Posted by jaders View Post
    Neither of those drugs are considered "addicting" according to my (limited) knowledge. I can't believe a doctor wouldn't be happy to give either of those to you? They seem to THROW gabapentin at anyone who is in pain, especially "nerve" pain. Also I think Lyrica is now used for pain as well. Maybe do a little research on what these are commonly prescribed for and then go in with that? Again, I think a doctor would be MORE THAN HAPPY to give you either or both of these... (Just don't ask for any "narcotics." )
    Thanks for the quick reply. So should I like or be honest?
    Likes Katey liked this post

I just responded in your other thread too. I wouldn’t admit to buying it without script even tho they aren’t scheduled. That’s just me tho and my dr scripts me narcotics from time to time so I need her to trust me. The only issue I can see you having is Lyrica is expensive so insurance companies don’t like to pay for it but if you’ve been buying it yourself that shouldn’t bother you too much. And as jades said gabapentin is scripped a lot.....I’ve had it for my cat and dog!
    Helpful Katey Rated helpful
    Likes Binky, jaders, songsiren, Utopiate liked this post

jaders has a brilliant futurejaders has a brilliant futurejaders has a brilliant futurejaders has a brilliant futurejaders has a brilliant futurejaders has a brilliant futurejaders has a brilliant futurejaders has a brilliant futurejaders has a brilliant futurejaders has a brilliant futurejaders has a brilliant futurejaders has a brilliant futurejaders has a brilliant futurejaders has a brilliant futurejaders has a brilliant futurejaders has a brilliant futurejaders has a brilliant futurejaders has a brilliant future

Thanks for the quick reply. So should I like or be honest?
    Well, I'd be tempted to tell my doc that "I had a friend that gave me some of her rx of lyrica or gabapentin, as she didn't find it helpful, and I was having a case of sciatica." Doctors know folks share rx's I'm sure. Since lyrica and gabapentin are both only indicated for nerve pain, I'd be more tempted to tell the doc I have sciatica or something like that - get the script and when you see the doc again, tell them that for some reason this drug had an "amazing" affect on "my anxiety" as well. I'm really unfamiliar with either of these drugs, but it may be that they can script if for anxiety too. I would research that myself tho, before admitting that's what you're using if for. I think they call it "off label," when it's used for another problem.

In my opinion, being honest only works if you have a VERY GOOD relationship with your doctor and they know you well. If it's a pretty untested relationship, I'd go with the correct symptom for the drug, i.e. nerve pain. Like I said, I think they'll be more than happy to give you the gabapentin or pregabalin.

I have seen pregabalin on MANY vendor sites tho, if you have a problem getting the rx. I don't think you would find it that hard to purchase thru an IOP, (if you can stand the "hassle..." )

Let us know how it goes! Good luck, too.
    Last edited by jaders; 1 Week Ago at 12:26 AM.
    Helpful trish5959 Rated helpful
    Likes Binky liked this post

7. OP, if you do decide to ask for the med by name, I would go with 'my sister uses this for her anxiety and has found it most helpful'

The doc may just be glad that you are not asking for benzo's.

I agree with all PP's who said admitting on-line med purchasing to doctors is a HUGE NO. Sad we can't be more honest.
    Last edited by Blackbird123; 1 Week Ago at 08:46 AM.
    Helpful Binky Rated helpful
    Likes Katey, jaders, songsiren, trish5959 liked this post

Utopiate is a splendid one to beholdUtopiate is a splendid one to beholdUtopiate is a splendid one to beholdUtopiate is a splendid one to beholdUtopiate is a splendid one to beholdUtopiate is a splendid one to beholdUtopiate is a splendid one to beholdUtopiate is a splendid one to beholdUtopiate is a splendid one to beholdUtopiate is a splendid one to beholdUtopiate is a splendid one to beholdUtopiate is a splendid one to beholdUtopiate is a splendid one to behold

. . . has changed my life but I can't continue to buy off the streets. I have not found a vendor for it here . . .
    I just checked the first vendor that came to mind and they sell gabapentin, very reasonably priced and I know of at least one more that sells generic lyrica. The vendor selling gabapentin is in the regular listing section and the other is in the senior section that you should be able to access. So look around if you want to find a sure thing while you consider how to approach your doc.

BTW, unless you are really young and/or have a long history with doc or clinic, you could say that these meds have helped you in the past, and if details are asked for you might say you were in Belfast or Paramaribo or any place that would make records requests impractical.

I honestly think the idea of informing an American prescriber that you order medicine online is an invitation to healthcare oblivion. I'm sure it's happened, that someone, somewhere has walked out of the exam room with a prescription for the med they hoped for, but most of these stories are surely urban legends. Many of us love and trust our doctors and we all love happy endings, but don't count on it.
    Last edited by Utopiate; 1 Week Ago at 01:43 AM.
    Likes jaders, trish5959, evertking liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by jaders View Post
    Well, I'd be tempted to tell my doc that "I had a friend that gave me some of her rx of lyrica or gabapentin, as she didn't find it helpful, and I was having a case of sciatica." Doctors know folks share rx's I'm sure. Since lyrica and gabapentin are both only indicated for nerve pain, I'd be more tempted to tell the doc I have sciatica or something like that - get the script and when you see the doc again, tell them that for some reason this drug had an "amazing" affect on "my anxiety" as well. I'm really unfamiliar with either of these drugs, but it may be that they can script if for anxiety too. I would research that myself tho, before admitting that's what you're using if for. I think they call it "off label," when it's used for another problem.

In my opinion, being honest only works if you have a VERY GOOD relationship with your doctor and they know you well. If it's a pretty untested relationship, I'd go with the correct symptom for the drug, i.e. nerve pain. Like I said, I think they'll be more than happy to give you the gabapentin or pregabalin.

I have seen pregabalin on MANY vendor sites tho, if you have a problem getting the rx. I don't think you would find it that hard to purchase thru an IOP, (if you can stand the "hassle..." )

Let us know how it goes! Good luck, too.
    So true. "Being honest only works if you have a VERY GOOD relationship with your doctor" and even then it doesn't always work out. It all depends on the mindset of the doctor which can and does change.
    There is no way I would tell a doctor "I had a friend that gave me some of her rx of lyrica or gabapentin, as she didn't find it helpful, and I was having a case of sciatica".
    From the doctors I see, they would instantly say you shouldn't be taking medication not prescribed for you, it could be very harmful, etc.
    Likes jaders, Utopiate, Tbm liked this post

chuckv64 has much to be proud ofchuckv64 has much to be proud ofchuckv64 has much to be proud ofchuckv64 has much to be proud ofchuckv64 has much to be proud ofchuckv64 has much to be proud ofchuckv64 has much to be proud ofchuckv64 has much to be proud ofchuckv64 has much to be proud ofchuckv64 has much to be proud ofchuckv64 has much to be proud ofchuckv64 has much to be proud ofchuckv64 has much to be proud ofchuckv64 has much to be proud ofchuckv64 has much to be proud ofchuckv64 has much to be proud ofchuckv64 has much to be proud of

Like has already been stated it depends on the doctor. I have used the " I got some from a relative & it helped" line with doctors before. I had one who was willing to prescribe the drug & another who looked at me like I just confessed to murdering somebody. Doctors are just people & they each have their own mindset.
    Helpful Tbm Rated helpful
    Likes jaders, trish5959, Utopiate liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by chuckv64 View Post
    Like has already been stated it depends on the doctor. I have used the " I got some from a relative & it helped" line with doctors before. I had one who was willing to prescribe the drug & another who looked at me like I just confessed to murdering somebody. Doctors are just people & they each have their own mindset.
    Haha. I only like the easy-going ones, who understand sharing an rx once in a while. Cripes, some folks, MD's included, think people are supposed to live PERFECT, and never do anything outside of a "law." I always wonder if these same perfect folks obey every single traffic law and never speed...

I run from doctors/people who have that moral high ground, superiority attitude, myself.
    Likes chuckv64, trish5959, Utopiate liked this post

@evertking ,

Risky, telling the truth. Depends on your doc and your relationship with the doc. But hey, there are vendors in the senior section who sell those and I know of one outside the senior section who does.

I was thinking that lyrica is not addictive, but couple sources tell the opposite: youtube.com/watch?v=8fc8sXWopBs
    Also heard about weight gain related to lyrica, which is enough for me to avoid it.
    @evertking what dosage works for you and how many times a day do you take lyrica/pregablin ?

14. First of all, it’s great you’ve found a non-benzo that works for you. I don’t see a problem with asking for gaba by name. For the most part, doctors know a lot of people do order meds online or share prescriptions. That said, I strongly recommend avoiding any mention of these. This will most likely result in the doc referring you to a treatment facility, and/or labeling you a high risk patient and dropping you as a patient.
    If I were you, I would simply say that this med has worked in the past, then ask if it would be an option for you now. I really don’t think you need to invent anything, just omit the parts that raise red flags.
    Helpful jaders Rated helpful

15. Should I ask for a med?