NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 310 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anxiety and their awful symptoms, Anyone else want to share them?

Smithy1 has a brilliant futureSmithy1 has a brilliant futureSmithy1 has a brilliant futureSmithy1 has a brilliant futureSmithy1 has a brilliant futureSmithy1 has a brilliant futureSmithy1 has a brilliant futureSmithy1 has a brilliant futureSmithy1 has a brilliant futureSmithy1 has a brilliant futureSmithy1 has a brilliant futureSmithy1 has a brilliant futureSmithy1 has a brilliant futureSmithy1 has a brilliant futureSmithy1 has a brilliant futureSmithy1 has a brilliant futureSmithy1 has a brilliant future

Default Anxiety and their awful symptoms, Anyone else want to share them?

As I'm typing this now I'm laid here I feel short off breath, I can literally feel my heart beating it feels as though it's moving my body with each beat it makes it feels as though it's banging not beating, Heart flutters to they drive me mad! Feels as though there is a big knot in my chest that needs untieing so I can breath better, Depersonalised all the time feel it's feels as though I looking through the world through a fish bowl, Brain fog to, Also I find myself taking deep breathes every few minutes to make sure i can breathe, Its drives me barmy!

All these symptoms came on after my first panic attack i had in April 2016, That day changed my life forever I've never felt the same since with all these symptoms going on, I feel like I'm dying.

I've had chest X-rays, 2 Ecgs , 1 24 hour ECG, NOTHING showed up, I'm convinced there is something wrong but my therapist who comes to my house is saying it's my mind focusing on my symptoms 24/7,

This is driving me mad I can't live like this anymore, I have tried everything from exercise to eating well to meditation and still NOTHING. It's still here.

Can anyone else relate to this what i have described?

2. Not personally @Smithy1 but my DD who is only 17 and wonderful has also been suffering from severe anxiety. She also has migraines.

I have seen her have 2 panic attacks although she has had many more. At it's worst it was weekly with daily anxiety also an issue.

Sometimes one needs meds. Are you considering them?

Smithy1 has a brilliant futureSmithy1 has a brilliant futureSmithy1 has a brilliant futureSmithy1 has a brilliant futureSmithy1 has a brilliant futureSmithy1 has a brilliant futureSmithy1 has a brilliant futureSmithy1 has a brilliant futureSmithy1 has a brilliant futureSmithy1 has a brilliant futureSmithy1 has a brilliant futureSmithy1 has a brilliant futureSmithy1 has a brilliant futureSmithy1 has a brilliant futureSmithy1 has a brilliant futureSmithy1 has a brilliant futureSmithy1 has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird123 View Post
    Not personally @Smithy1 but my DD who is only 17 and wonderful has also been suffering from severe anxiety. She also has migraines.

I have seen her have 2 panic attacks although she has had many more. At it's worst it was weekly with daily anxiety also an issue.

Sometimes one needs meds. Are you considering them?
    Ahh i see, Sorry to hear about that i wouldn't wish it on anyone I'm constantly sat on my own going through all these symptoms i have.

Yeah I'm on meds now I'm on Setraline, Propanolol and I get 7 Diazepam a month which isn't enough hence why I found this forum searching for meds and started buying it off vendors.
    Helpful ludwig1961 Rated helpful

4. Had to g00gle Setraline - it's Zoloft. May I ask for how long?

I am familiar with the other meds. TBH, I was kind of surprised the psychiatrist didn't offer DD any benzos. But part of me was glad, 17 seems so young to go down that road.

That said, I certainly do understand the benefit of benzos and true medical need. Also glad you are looking for diazepam as that is a much safer benzo than xanax IMO.
    Helpful Gullible Rated helpful
    Likes ludwig1961 liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird123 View Post
    Had to g00gle Setraline - it's Zoloft. May I ask for how long?

I am familiar with the other meds. TBH, I was kind of surprised the psychiatrist didn't offer DD any benzos. But part of me was glad, 17 seems so young to go down that road.

That said, I certainly do understand the benefit of benzos and true medical need. Also glad you are looking for diazepam as that is a much safer benzo than xanax IMO.
    I've been on Zoloft/Sertraline for around 2 maybe 3 years now, The propanolol does nothing for I'm meant to take 3 40mg a day but i don't bother with it,

Yeah I've never had Xanax before I've read all the horror stories about trying to get off it, Plus I'm prescribed Diazepam but not enough off it in my opinion, They only give me it to take "If and when needed" As they say.
    Likes Blackbird123, ohanes liked this post

6. I'm wondering how much diazepam you take now and whether or not you have increased the dose.
    I had similar symptoms after being on a benzo for many years without increasing the dose, which is referred to as tolerance withdrawal.
    I'm not saying that the benzos are most likely the problem, but it could be a possibility to look into.

I know how bad anxiety can be and I hope it gets better for you!

7. @eggplants , I don't mean to take @Smithy1 's thread off track but can you explain 'tolerance withdrawal' to me? I have never understood how one can have withdrawal when there is no change to the dose.
    Helpful Gullible Rated helpful
    Likes Smithy1 liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by eggplants View Post
    I'm wondering how much diazepam you take now and whether or not you have increased the dose.
    I had similar symptoms after being on a benzo for many years without increasing the dose, which is referred to as tolerance withdrawal.
    I'm not saying that the benzos are most likely the problem, but it could be a possibility to look into.

I know how bad anxiety can be and I hope it gets better for you!
    I've currently had no diazepam for around nearly 3 weeks now I only get prescribed 7 5mg a month to take "If and when needed" as they say.

Apparently the symptoms I'm having are symptoms off "anxiety" but I find it hard to believe when I'm laid here short off breath all the time just laid down and all the other things going on, It's a nightmare.

Thankyou for wishing it will get better for me but I have a funny feeling I'm going to be experiencing these symptoms for life.
    Likes cherrybomb liked this post

cherrybomb has much to be proud ofcherrybomb has much to be proud ofcherrybomb has much to be proud ofcherrybomb has much to be proud ofcherrybomb has much to be proud ofcherrybomb has much to be proud ofcherrybomb has much to be proud ofcherrybomb has much to be proud ofcherrybomb has much to be proud ofcherrybomb has much to be proud ofcherrybomb has much to be proud ofcherrybomb has much to be proud ofcherrybomb has much to be proud ofcherrybomb has much to be proud ofcherrybomb has much to be proud ofcherrybomb has much to be proud ofcherrybomb has much to be proud of

I completely understand everything you are feeling--this is my life and has been for years now. I can work out and feel great for short amounts of time but some days as you have described, i can just be lying down with my heart racing for no reason that i can figure out--this is the problem with severe anxiety/panic issues. It can come out of nowhere and get triggered by nothing that we can figure out--that is why it is so frustrating! The only thing that does help a bit is exercise--i was recently diagnosed with early onset arthritis and sciatica so i can't barely do all the workouts i used to, but anything helps and of course medication for the panic attacks/severe anxiety.

I have been trying some Mary Jane lately for sleeping and it has helped a bit, also Melatonin does kind of take the edge off at night. Really have to watch what you are taking at nighttime because it is easy to get into a regular thing of taking "something" and during the day you may find regular meds won't work as well, especially for panic situations so just be careful. Honey, i know it sucks really bad... i can't tell you how many times in a day my heart races like i'm on a thousand uppers or something and doctors tell me as well that is just anxiety...sighhhh

All the best and i am here with you as well xoxo
    I'm alone, I'm not lonely

10. Quote Originally Posted by Smithy1 View Post

My first anxiety attack happened in the office durin super busy work night. High stress, high intensity. I felt all the symptoms of a heart attack. Positive I was dying, but not wanting to be wheeled out of the office on a stretcher I made excuses to leave, and hoping I wouldn’t pass out behind the wheel raced to the nearest hospital.

14 hours later(blood tests for heart damage take that long to complete ) and 20 tests later doc comes in and tells me I had an anxiety attack. Asked for some drugs, ER physician says no, sends me to my PCP who gives me .25mg Xanax.

2nd panic attack came with a prescription. My neurologist precacribed me Effexor for neuropathic pain, and a sprinkling of depression I was having. Took the first pill around 5 pm. Woke up around 3am feeling a little off, stayed awake and went to work at the normal time. Strange feelings got progressively worse until around Noon when the anxiety became so overwhelming I couldn’t look anyone in the eye, and felt so “exposed” for a lack of a better word. I fought the urge to just get up from my desk and run as fast as I could out of the office to my car, and drive home. I summoned enough courage (took everything I had) to go into my bosses office and tell him I was having an adverse reaction to a new script and I had to go home. Mind you, we are very good friends so the fact that I almost couldn’t even look him in the eye to tell him this is just absurd.

Anxiety is a motherf*cker. I’ve since found out my sister did the same thing with ER visit for imagined heart attack, so I guess it rubs in the family.

I can’t offer much advice except stay away from too much Benzodiazepenes, the tolerance builds fast and the withdrawal can be felt after just a week or 2 of daily usage.

I have found focusing on your breathing, while taking walks through the nature reserve really help me the most. Open spaces and fresh air ire critical to finding relief (clostraphoia sp?) is a trigger for me.
    Also taking about it with people who understand what you are talking about helps as you realize u are not a nutcase, that it is more common than you thought, and there is the possibility of finding relief.

PS there is a breathing app I find useful on the Apple Watch (probably available on all smartphones etc) though it was a stupid gimmick at first but it actually helps me a lot o find the time during the day to stop for a minute or two and focus on yourself, and prevent that feeling build and build until it finally overwhelms you. The trick is to stay ahead of it and be self aware of what state your body and mind are heading.
    Last edited by McChrystals_Pistol; 11-25-2018 at 12:24 AM.
    Likes trish5959, ohanes liked this post

@cherrybomb Thanks for your reply, It's weird man like as im typing this to you now im laid down in bed (Still no sleep and it's 4:49 AM) Im constantly thinking I can't breathe and taking big massive breathes to make sure I can breathe, You mentioned exercise I've done a lot off this and im in good shape but still I don't feel it helps after a good workout I sit down recovering and I can still feel all the symptoms, I've always been anxious and a little shy but as soon as I had them panic attacks in April 2016 I've never felt the same after them it makes me wonder are all these symptoms something else and not anxiety but then my therapist says if it was I'd be dead by now, Loveelyy off her to say eyyyy lol

Ahh I couldn't look at smoking weed I smoked a fair bit off it in my past like but ever since all this has came about I haven't been anywhere near it, I couldn't look at inhaling smoke it would make me think I couldn't breathe even more or are you eating edibles lol?

Yeah man my heart feels like that to it feels like it isn't beating properly sometimes like fluttering its a weird feeling.

All the best to you to! x

Quote Originally Posted by McChrystals_Pistol View Post
    My first anxiety attack happened in the office durin super busy work night. High stress, high intensity. I felt all the symptoms of a heart attack. Positive I was dying, but not wanting to be wheeled out of the office on a stretcher I made excuses to leave, and hoping I wouldn’t pass out behind the wheel raced to the nearest hospital.

14 hours later(blood tests for heart damage take that long to complete ) and 20 tests later doc comes in and tells me I had an anxiety attack. Asked for some drugs, ER physician says no, sends me to my PCP who gives me .25mg Xanax.

2nd panic attack came with a prescription. My neurologist precacribed me Effexor for neuropathic pain, and a sprinkling of depression I was having. Took the first pill around 5 pm. Woke up around 3am feeling a little off, stayed awake and went to work at the normal time. Strange feelings got progressively worse until around Noon when the anxiety became so overwhelming I couldn’t look anyone in the eye, and felt so “exposed” for a lack of a better word. I fought the urge to just get up from my desk and run as fast as I could out of the office to my car, and drive home. I summoned enough courage (took everything I had) to go into my bosses office and tell him I was having an adverse reaction to a new script and I had to go home. Mind you, we are very good friends so the fact that I almost couldn’t even look him in the eye to tell him this is just absurd.

Anxiety is a motherf*cker. I’ve since found out my sister did the same thing with ER visit for imagined heart attack, so I guess it rubs in the family.

I can’t offer much advice except stay away from too much Benzodiazepenes, the tolerance builds fast and the withdrawal can be felt after just a week or 2 of daily usage.

I have found focusing on your breathing, while taking walks through the nature reserve really help me the most. Open spaces and fresh air ire critical to finding relief (clostraphoia sp?) is a trigger for me.
    Also taking about it with people who understand what you are talking about helps as you realize u are not a nutcase, that it is more common than you thought, and there is the possibility of finding relief.

PS there is a breathing app I find useful on the Apple Watch (probably available on all smartphones etc) though it was a stupid gimmick at first but it actually helps me a lot o find the time during the day to stop for a minute or two and focus on yourself, and prevent that feeling build and build until it finally overwhelms you. The trick is to stay ahead of it and be self aware of what state your body and mind are heading.
    Hey buddy thanks for the reply.

Ahh man I feel for you there nothing worse than having anxiety attacks 's I know all to well what they are like, The good thing is at least you have something to focus on like a job my anxiety has got me housebound as mad as that sounds, I don't mean to sound harsh to you there by the way but you have something to channel your energy into where I'm laid up in my house all day long, Soo frustrating, I think to myself at night another day has went by doing the same stuff and feeling exactly the same things I feel as though I'm not living and just existing.

Yeah i do meditation to a breathing channel on YouTube , Mindfulness it's called Mark Williams I sit there for like ten minutes twice a day all silent while listening to him.

The symptoms are a trigger for me, It makes me feel as if there is something physical wrong with me and that it's not anxiety that's how bad I feel, Like you I had 2 massive attack 's and woke up from the second one never feeling the same like breathing really fast, Noticing my breathing ALOT, Taking big deep breathes, Heart beating through my chest, Feels as though my vision has changed Depersonalization I belive it's called,

Ahhh man the list goes on I just hope I'm not stuck in this trance for life 3 years in April next year I've been like this and I feel it ain't going to get any better.

All the best man.
    Likes McChrystals_Pistol liked this post

jaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond repute
    jaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Smithy1 View Post
    Hey buddy thanks for the reply.

Ahh man I feel for you there nothing worse than having anxiety attacks 's I know all to well what they are like, The good thing is at least you have something to focus on like a job my anxiety has got me housebound as mad as that sounds, I don't mean to sound harsh to you there by the way but you have something to channel your energy into where I'm laid up in my house all day long, Soo frustrating, I think to myself at night another day has went by doing the same stuff and feeling exactly the same things I feel as though I'm not living and just existing.

Yeah i do meditation to a breathing channel on YouTube , Mindfulness it's called Mark Williams I sit there for like ten minutes twice a day all silent while listening to him.

The symptoms are a trigger for me, It makes me feel as if there is something physical wrong with me and that it's not anxiety that's how bad I feel, Like you I had 2 massive attack 's and woke up from the second one never feeling the same like breathing really fast, Noticing my breathing ALOT, Taking big deep breathes, Heart beating through my chest, Feels as though my vision has changed Depersonalization I belive it's called,

Ahhh man the list goes on I just hope I'm not stuck in this trance for life 3 years in April next year I've been like this and I feel it ain't going to get any better.

All the best man.
    Twice in my life I went thru Panic Disorder. It was really hell, but both times it ended after about 3 years - don't know why exactly. The first time it's like my brain FINALLY figured out, yeah been here done this SO MANY times that I did truly believe it was what it was, and wasn't going to kill me, just make life unpleasant for a while, and for some reason, that took the biggest chunk out of the threat and it just gradually dropped away. It was like age 28-31 for me, and when it DID go away I had a really great 3 years after where I felt like I was on top of the world for a while...

The second time was many years later (age 44) and I DID have an undiagnosed heart arrhythmia that started it all off, which took about 8 months to find it as it happened sporadically. A pacemaker fixed the heart issue, but I continued as you're doing, convinced I was still dying and had episode after episode of panic attacks. This time, for some reason I just eventually got pissed off and thought, if I'm really dying, I've done EVERYTHING I can do to try to prevent it, so if it's meant to be, it's meant to be. I guess I just sort of "surrendered" to the idea of dying and again, that seemed to take the biggest threat away - like I sort of made peace with dying. So much of life is truly out of our control, and that's what's so damn scary. Bad things can happen at any time and we are fooling ourselves if we think we can be so careful that we do everything right and always avoid danger.

I know you have a sad history with a death, and I'm guessing that's all part of it. It's extremely hard to come to terms with mortality, and I think that's often at the crux of panic. I don't know what will lead you out of your misery, but I do think you eventually will come out of it. Just keep trying things, different things. But I also believe that coming to some sort of terms with surrendering control is part of the solution. Basically you have to adopt an attitude of "what will be will be." There's no other real solution to life, we just want to think we can dodge the bad. And the worst part of panic disorder is that it's the feeling of panic itself that's the scary part. But I remember reading that a body cannot sustain panic for long so it will sort of peak and valley. I would end up actually shaking many times, but that's the body's way of throwing off the excess adrenaline.

I think your therapist is most likely right and that there is probably nothing more wrong than JUST the panic, but that doesn't make it any easier. I'm no religious person either, but I did used to pray a lot to my idea of a deity or "helpers" and it definitely helped, but that's another personal thing that doesn't work for everyone.

I'm so truly sorry you (and so many others here) have to negotiate this!!
    Last edited by jaders; 11-25-2018 at 07:16 AM.
    Likes pinkgirl73 liked this post
    The cause of all suffering is attachment...

14. My most trying panic attack came at work, it was early in the morning and just sitting in the office with the team waiting for the morning debrief. Everything was relatively normal but all of a sudden I felt an agitated feeling, then out of nowhere a lightness and what I can only describe as a swarm of butterflies inside my very core followed by what felt like immediate tunnel vision.

I tried to compose myself and to this day when I feel like that, I try do something abrupt, like suddenly move or cough hard as if to shake it out of me. This didn't work and over the course of a few minutes I noticed my breathing become quite forced but never really satisfying me. Then followed tingling sensations down one arm, my left arm, I immediately thought I was having a heart attack, all the while conscious I was in a room full of people and didn't want to keel over in-front of my peers. (It really is amazing the speed of thoughts and emotion that rage through you in these moments)

I just fled the room and tried to walk it off and tell myself it's nothing - I'll be ok in a minute, a colleague came out behind me and asked if I was ok and said I was very pale, she took me directly to the first aid room. In there I sat down and was told to bow my head between my legs. It wasn't plateauing or subsiding, it just came on stronger, pins and needles in my hands, moving all the way up to my shoulders. My whole body was going to be consumed by this sensation and I swear I thought I was about to die any moment. I have never experienced fear such as this in all my life.

Next thing I'm in an ambulance with an oxygen mask on with the paramedics trying there very best to talk me down. Eventually I came through but completely exhausted, drained to the point I could barely move in the hospital.

Since then I've been on a range of meds and therapies but like I said in another post, the only time I've been pulled from that sudden attack is through the use of alp. It's been my rock when I've been at my most vulnerable. Never relied on it on a daily basis but when things can't be controlled, it's my savior.

I feel for anyone that goes through this, it's a living nightmare but knowing there are meds out there that can return your life to some semblance of normality, really gives me hope.

I hope whoever reads this can relate and I do take comfort knowing I'm not the only one. This is why this community is a shining light in a very bleak world when anxiety relentlessly tries to pin you down.

Stay strong!
    Helpful trish5959, Blackbird123 Rated helpful
    Likes vytis drakona, amy43 liked this post

@jaders "It's extremely hard to come to terms with mortality, and I think that's often at the crux of panic."

I have found this to be the root cause of all my panic attacks. Very well put. The first time I had one, I didn't even know what a panic attack was. It was many, many years ago. I had my children in the car with me. I went home, and my husband took me to a walk-in clinic. The doctor had me breathe into a paper bag. He also gave me a shot of Benadryl.

For the most part, I was able to recognize subsequent ones from then on. That's not to say they still didn't terrify me, but at least I knew what was going on.

I was once prescribed Prozac, and oddly enough, I had the worst panic attack I have ever had while on it!
    Last edited by mymesh; 11-25-2018 at 10:15 AM.
    Likes vytis drakona, ludwig1961 liked this post

vytis drakona is a name known to allvytis drakona is a name known to allvytis drakona is a name known to allvytis drakona is a name known to allvytis drakona is a name known to allvytis drakona is a name known to allvytis drakona is a name known to allvytis drakona is a name known to allvytis drakona is a name known to allvytis drakona is a name known to allvytis drakona is a name known to all

I'm really sorry you are dealing with this, @Smithy1 especially since it seems like it was brought on very suddenly for you..

My anxiety is pretty much constant as well. It started when I was a teenager and has gotten worse over the years. At its worst, my throat feels like it's closing up and my breath feels like it catches inside it and no matter how deeply I breathe it doesn't feel like enough. My body gets tingly, and it feels both like both fire and ice are spreading through every cell. There's a heavy fog over my eyes, and I feel entirely separate from the world around me. It takes my sleep away, and I often wake up with cold sweats & terrifying thoughts already racing, and no hope of going back to sleep. And I get very, very irritable. Especially when my anxiety is brought on by social situations or being around large groups of people, it manifests as intense irritation and anger. I think I do this to mask how scared and helpless I feel, but it sucks.. Because instead of getting help from people that care, I usually end up lashing out at them and pushing them away.

Anyway.. Thank you @jaders for yet another beautiful post. I agree, the thing that helps most is surrender. Realizing that this is just anxiety, and though it feels like you are going to die, you are in fact not. And knowing that anxiety is basically just an allergy; your body is overreacting to something that actually is not harmful at all. The times I am actually able to calm myself down and go back to sleep, I do so by making myself focus on this one thought: "Yes, there are lots of things I'm worried about, but there is nothing I can do about any of it right now, especially not in the middle of the night. I do not have control over these things, so there is no point in worrying about them." That and progressive muscle relaxation usually brings me down to earth, at least enough to be able to sleep. And of course, when things get really bad, I'll take a xanax if I have one. Those are definitely not something that should be taken every day, but they are fantastic for panic attacks.

I hope that you are able to get some relief for your anxiety, @Smithy1! And thank you for this topic, it was nice to be able to vent for a little bit.
    Helpful mymesh, Smithy1 Rated helpful
    Likes trish5959, jaders liked this post
    your friendly neighborhood PR transient and compulsive post editor (~formerly known as disasterwhisperer)

Quote Originally Posted by jaders View Post
    Twice in my life I went thru Panic Disorder. It was really hell, but both times it ended after about 3 years - don't know why exactly. The first time it's like my brain FINALLY figured out, yeah been here done this SO MANY times that I did truly believe it was what it was, and wasn't going to kill me, just make life unpleasant for a while, and for some reason, that took the biggest chunk out of the threat and it just gradually dropped away. It was like age 28-31 for me, and when it DID go away I had a really great 3 years after where I felt like I was on top of the world for a while...

The second time was many years later (age 44) and I DID have an undiagnosed heart arrhythmia that started it all off, which took about 8 months to find it as it happened sporadically. A pacemaker fixed the heart issue, but I continued as you're doing, convinced I was still dying and had episode after episode of panic attacks. This time, for some reason I just eventually got pissed off and thought, if I'm really dying, I've done EVERYTHING I can do to try to prevent it, so if it's meant to be, it's meant to be. I guess I just sort of "surrendered" to the idea of dying and again, that seemed to take the biggest threat away - like I sort of made peace with dying. So much of life is truly out of our control, and that's what's so damn scary. Bad things can happen at any time and we are fooling ourselves if we think we can be so careful that we do everything right and always avoid danger.

I know you have a sad history with a death, and I'm guessing that's all part of it. It's extremely hard to come to terms with mortality, and I think that's often at the crux of panic. I don't know what will lead you out of your misery, but I do think you eventually will come out of it. Just keep trying things, different things. But I also believe that coming to some sort of terms with surrendering control is part of the solution. Basically you have to adopt an attitude of "what will be will be." There's no other real solution to life, we just want to think we can dodge the bad. And the worst part of panic disorder is that it's the feeling of panic itself that's the scary part. But I remember reading that a body cannot sustain panic for long so it will sort of peak and valley. I would end up actually shaking many times, but that's the body's way of throwing off the excess adrenaline.

I think your therapist is most likely right and that there is probably nothing more wrong than JUST the panic, but that doesn't make it any easier. I'm no religious person either, but I did used to pray a lot to my idea of a deity or "helpers" and it definitely helped, but that's another personal thing that doesn't work for everyone.

I'm so truly sorry you (and so many others here) have to negotiate this!!

Hello Jaders, I've seen your posts around the forum you seem a decent guy, Wowww I didn't know that this panic disorder is common with folk I thought there would be people on here with the same experience as me , Thats what i have been diagnosed with panic disorder where you feel in a constant panic honestly I wouldn't wish it on anyone I've had it 3 year next April and it seems a lifetime stuck like this I constantly think back to when I was "normal" like certain things remind me off it it's crazy. Diazepam gives me a little release from it but when it wares off I have to take another so I don't want to build up a tolerance or be on meds the rest off my life I'm already on enough. About diazepam it's the only thing that helps calm me and yet my doctors won't prescribe enough off it I only get 7 x 5 MG a month! SEVEN! It's a joke.

You mentioned to having a undiagnosed heart condition I'm sorry to hear that, that's one off my biggest fears having a condition off some sort that they haven't picked up on yet instead off having panic disorder, The amount off times I've wound up at my G.P demanding tests is ridiculous, I've had ECGs a 24 hour ECG multiple chest X-Rays in fact I'm thinking off ringing them tomorrow and demanding a MRI on my full body, Do I sound crazy here by the way?

Yeah I've a bad history with death I lost my little boy 3 years ago them split up with his Mam, I was with her for 11 years then to top it all off she was with this other guy 4 month after we split and now has 2 kids to him all in the space off 3 years, Ill openly admit when after all this I sank into a deep depression for 14 months with drink and drugs i would stay awake for days on end plus when you have been awake 3 plus days or whatever your mind starts to play tricks on you and you see things that aren't there and hear voices and whatnot, I sound crazy now don't I!!? , I'm clean now though thank god 2 and a bit years just gone I took to much drugs and drink one night and ended up in hospital nearly dead that's what triggered me to get clean the pain on my parents face when i woke up in the hospital ill never forget, I felt so guilty that they lost their grandson and they could off lost their son to.

Anyway buddy ill let you go, Cheers for the reply.
    Likes vytis drakona liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by vytis drakona View Post
    I'm really sorry you are dealing with this, @Smithy1 especially since it seems like it was brought on very suddenly for you..

My anxiety is pretty much constant as well. It started when I was a teenager and has gotten worse over the years. At its worst, my throat feels like it's closing up and my breath feels like it catches inside it and no matter how deeply I breathe it doesn't feel like enough. My body gets tingly, and it feels both like both fire and ice are spreading through every cell. There's a heavy fog over my eyes, and I feel entirely separate from the world around me. It takes my sleep away, and I often wake up with cold sweats & terrifying thoughts already racing, and no hope of going back to sleep. And I get very, very irritable. Especially when my anxiety is brought on by social situations or being around large groups of people, it manifests as intense irritation and anger. I think I do this to mask how scared and helpless I feel, but it sucks.. Because instead of getting help from people that care, I usually end up lashing out at them and pushing them away.

Anyway.. Thank you @jaders for yet another beautiful post. I agree, the thing that helps most is surrender. Realizing that this is just anxiety, and though it feels like you are going to die, you are in fact not. And knowing that anxiety is basically just an allergy; your body is overreacting to something that actually is not harmful at all. The times I am actually able to calm myself down and go back to sleep, I do so by making myself focus on this one thought: "Yes, there are lots of things I'm worried about, but there is nothing I can do about any of it right now, especially not in the middle of the night. I do not have control over these things, so there is no point in worrying about them." That and progressive muscle relaxation usually brings me down to earth, at least enough to be able to sleep. And of course, when things get really bad, I'll take a xanax if I have one. Those are definitely not something that should be taken every day, but they are fantastic for panic attacks.

I hope that you are able to get some relief for your anxiety, @Smithy1! And thank you for this topic, it was nice to be able to vent for a little bit.

I can relate to this post so much it's unbelievable, I know exactly what that feeling feels like with your throat where it feels that tight you feel you can't breathe, The first 2 MASSIVE panic attacks i had my full boys was shaking like mad both off my arms went so numb I couldn't feel them, Like you say I was convinced I was going to die specially on the last one i had I ended up in a walk in centre and my heart rate was 160 odd bpm, They prescribed me propanolol which again doesn't do anything for me the amount off boxes I've got here is crazy I've got over 20, The only thing that helps me is benzos.

You mentioned where your breathe catches to I also do this ALOT, Does it feel as though there is sort off a empty part in the middle off your chest that needs filling up with air every few minutes? That's what if feels with me I can feel it now as I type this the feeling off wanting to take a deep breathe to fill up your lungs that's one off the most annoying symptoms to be honest that and the shortness off breathe is terrifying.

Again like you mentioned there I keep myself away from every social situation there is because I'm afraid ill have a episode in front off people or ill keel over in front off people , My therapist says to me even if you go out off your comfort zone your still going to have all these symptoms so you might as well do it and put yourself in social situations but I just can't face it, Whereas before I would just go out the house no questions asked but now I think "will my breathing be okay" " will I feel depersonalized" all these questions I ask myself.

I find this hard to think that anxiety is the cause off all this I really do it effects every thing my sleep my appetite my mood, Specially my sleep I wake up after I've finally got to sleep and my first thoughts are when I wake up " Can I breathe"? "Are all my symptoms still there"? It's a nightmare I can't win when I'm asleep and I can't win when I'm awake either.

Lorezepam does it for me when I'm really bad I buy that and diazepam I don't take them daily for tolerance reasons but that's how I ended up on here in the first place searching for meds and I've met some wonderful people on it to.

I hope all this goes away one day but I can't see it happening my gut feeling is I'm stuck in this trance for life now.

Thank you so much for your reply , Luke.
    Likes vytis drakona, trish5959, cipollini61 liked this post

ludwig1961 is just really niceludwig1961 is just really niceludwig1961 is just really niceludwig1961 is just really niceludwig1961 is just really niceludwig1961 is just really niceludwig1961 is just really niceludwig1961 is just really niceludwig1961 is just really nice

@Smithy1 I hear you, brother. I say brother because I mean it because of your description of what you are feeling. I appreciate your good use of words. I feel that our pain is treatable with meds, and that includes benzos. The doctor I have dealt with for many years is a true friend of mine since we were in grammar school and he truly wants the best from his ways to treat my depression and anxiety. But he is stuck with political jerks that want to dictate what and how much meds he can use to treat the problem. I understand his situation and we have talked about it just once, and our friendship makes it so we only had to speak of it just once. That is refreshing for me to know. So I know and he knows that I will do what I have to do get the meds that I really need. I am just glad that we all can talk of these things, and understand them fully.
    Helpful Smithy1 Rated helpful
    Likes trish5959, jaders liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Smithy1 View Post
    As I'm typing this now I'm laid here I feel short off breath, I can literally feel my heart beating it feels as though it's moving my body with each beat it makes it feels as though it's banging not beating, Heart flutters to they drive me mad! Feels as though there is a big knot in my chest that needs untieing so I can breath better, Depersonalised all the time feel it's feels as though I looking through the world through a fish bowl, Brain fog to, Also I find myself taking deep breathes every few minutes to make sure i can breathe, Its drives me barmy!

All these symptoms came on after my first panic attack i had in April 2016, That day changed my life forever I've never felt the same since with all these symptoms going on, I feel like I'm dying.

I've had chest X-rays, 2 Ecgs , 1 24 hour ECG, NOTHING showed up, I'm convinced there is something wrong but my therapist who comes to my house is saying it's my mind focusing on my symptoms 24/7,

This is driving me mad I can't live like this anymore, I have tried everything from exercise to eating well to meditation and still NOTHING. It's still here.

I can well and truly relate @Smithy1
    I wake up with anxiety every morning and often feel as if I'm too shaky to even walk. I've been on Efflexor for some years and my doctor recently gave me another script for a half dose that I take at night. It does seem to be helping although certainly isn't a cure. I have taken valium but it really doesn't help me all that much.
    Have you looked at what the underlying issues are that are causing your anxiety? I've worked out what my main causes are and am working out how best to try and resolve them.

All the best and I would certainly look into some type of medication that may help.
    Likes ludwig1961, jaders liked this post

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast