Thread: **A Big Thank You re: Kava Recommendation**

Zen_Life II is a jewel in the roughZen_Life II is a jewel in the roughZen_Life II is a jewel in the roughZen_Life II is a jewel in the roughZen_Life II is a jewel in the roughZen_Life II is a jewel in the roughZen_Life II is a jewel in the rough

Default **A Big Thank You re: Kava Recommendation**

Thank you, thank you to the OP and commentators who recommended Kava for help with insomnia and Benzo tapering. I have tried in vain to find the original sub-thread where I found this advice and cannot locate it. If I could, I would send a big virtual hug to all of you. I never would have believed it would work, but after a pain-free and restful night of sleep (10 hours!) I have never felt better! In the past, I have tried a variety of vitamins, herbal supplements and other suggestions that had helped others (Magnesium, several insomnia-specific supplements, foods that contained tryptophan, herbal teas, etc.) and none of them ever helped.

I was finally able to taper down to .5/mg Clonazepam (for the billionth time and after a high of 12/mg a day!) with the help of a doctor (who really just wrote the script), edibles (100/mg a night - that's what a Benzo tolerance can do to you!) with melatonin, and working out vigorously 5 days a week. However, when the pandemic started, I had been traveling for work out-of-state and ran out of my edibles. For the past 2.5 months, I have been SIP with a family member in a state where medical MJ is legal but there are no open dispensaries. My C'pam habit once again spiraled out of control, and while my doctor upped the dosage to 1/mg and I was able to convince him to write a 90-day supply, I have been taking 2/mg a night to control my anxiety and sleep. As probably every Benzo user knows, tolerance builds up quickly and I was sleeping less and less. My anxiety was through the roof. I didn't dare ask any friends to send me edibles because we all have professional licenses that we could lose, and I was losing it, to say the least. Those of you with anxiety and insomnia know what I mean. Anyway, I was reading through the various threads on PR and found a recommendation for Kava. I ordered it last weekend and it arrived yesterday. I was skeptical, but still read up on recommended dosages and recipes. OMG! I tried the traditional method with just water (I was very tired last night) and even though it tasted like dirt, I was able to get a glass down. I immediately noticed what others had said - my tongue started tingling, a spicy taste in my throat (which I later realized was the pepper it is made with) and a numbing sensation in my lips (like after being at the dentist for a procedure using novocaine). Within 15 minutes I also noticed that the lower back and sore muscle pain that I had been experiencing from a couple of over-zealous workouts was gone and I did feel more relaxed.

After a couple of hours, the effects seemed to wear off. I was bummed. I checked the packages (I had ordered a sample pack) and realized that I had mistakenly prepared a glass of the Kava for daytime. Great. I decided to call it a day and go to bed. After about 20 minutes laying in bed watching a movie, I suddenly realized that I was tired and turned the movie off. I immediately fell asleep. I woke up 10 hours later feeling great.

So, sorry to bore you with the long post. I wish more than anything that I could find the original sub and OP to thank him/her personally. I only hope that person reads this. From the bottom of my heart, thank you so much! Your suggestion not only provided a great night of sleep, but made my otherwise crazy week the best! Thank you!! :
    Helpful songsiren, djrick, El Grandote Rated helpful
    Like M77, lbz liked this post

songsiren has a brilliant futuresongsiren has a brilliant futuresongsiren has a brilliant futuresongsiren has a brilliant futuresongsiren has a brilliant futuresongsiren has a brilliant futuresongsiren has a brilliant futuresongsiren has a brilliant futuresongsiren has a brilliant futuresongsiren has a brilliant futuresongsiren has a brilliant futuresongsiren has a brilliant futuresongsiren has a brilliant futuresongsiren has a brilliant futuresongsiren has a brilliant futuresongsiren has a brilliant futuresongsiren has a brilliant future

@Zen_Life II, Yay you!! I'm so happy you found something to help! That's a HUGE deal...
    Last edited by songsiren; 06-02-2020 at 12:11 AM.
    Like Zen_Life II, M77, djrick liked this post
    A moment of patience in a moment of anger saves you a hundred moments of regret.

Zen_Life II is a jewel in the roughZen_Life II is a jewel in the roughZen_Life II is a jewel in the roughZen_Life II is a jewel in the roughZen_Life II is a jewel in the roughZen_Life II is a jewel in the roughZen_Life II is a jewel in the rough

@songsiren - Thank you! I am so grateful, too! Tonight I tried a kind that is meant for night use, however, it didn't seem to work, so I just had a glass of the Kava for daytime that worked so well yesterday. I re-read the guide that came with it and did some more research online and it might have been because I didn't wait long enough after I ate before drinking it (you are supposed to drink it on an empty stomach). According to a reddit thread, it is supposed to be ok to mix the 2, so we shall so see. Fingers crossed. It definitely helped with my anxiety though. I'll post updates in case anyone else is looking for something to try. Take care!
    Like M77, djrick, songsiren liked this post

Just posting a quick update. So, after initially being the miracle I had long hoped for, kava is no longer working for me. It could be something called "reverse tolerance," which I read was a possibility. This just means that it takes a while to work (several weeks according to some online comments). So, maybe the initial drink worked for me because I had been up for 24 hours and was exhausted. On night 2, I had a glass of kava recommended for nighttime use (promotes sleep/decreases anxiety) and it did not work. About 3:00am I drank a glass of kava recommended for daytime use (not as sleep inducing, but still helps with anxiety). I finally fell asleep at 5:30am and woke up at 2:30pm. Good thing it was a weekend! The next night, I drank 2 glasses of the daytime kava and it did nothing. I was up all night again. I finally got up around 9:00am and spent the day tired, anxious and nauseous, the worst nausea tbh. I thought about continuing it just to see if maybe I was experiencing reverse tolerance, but honestly, I had felt so sick and lethargic that whole day that the thought of drinking another glass was too much. I will say that it did make me feel more relaxed, so maybe it's something that I will try again in the future for anxiety. However, I think I will continue to seek other alternative solutions for the time being. As every person is different, I would still recommend trying it. Other people online have had good luck with it, so maybe it will work for some of you. Good luck! xo
    Like El Grandote, lbz liked this post

5. I'm about to recommend kava to a friend who is suffering from insomnia too but I guess we better be careful first with the possibility of reverse tolerance. I hope it has no undesirable side effects to you.
    Like Zen_Life II liked this post

@Marcone - I did not experience any side effects. A friend of mine, also an insomniac, tried a tea that she found online. It was supposed to be a mild form of Kava. She has slept 5 mights in a row with it - and this is a person who would take 4-6 Ambien a night + Benadryl! I guess it works differently on everyone. I am going to try another brand and type this weekend. After 72 hours with no sleep, I am exhausted! I think I will stick with it for at least a week and will report back on how it goes. Fingers crossed this one works. Good luck to your friend!

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.