NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 2441 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What Would Be The Best Prepaid Visa Card? Are there any that dont require personal info?

LemonDiesel has a spectacular aura aboutLemonDiesel has a spectacular aura aboutLemonDiesel has a spectacular aura aboutLemonDiesel has a spectacular aura aboutLemonDiesel has a spectacular aura aboutLemonDiesel has a spectacular aura about

Default What Would Be The Best Prepaid Visa Card? Are there any that dont require personal info?

Hey im kinda getting to the point where i want my stuff to be private. I dont want pharmacy stuff showing up on my CC statement ya know?

So right now i want to place an order with Palmira but dont want to use my CC. I have heard that i can use a prepaid visa.
    What prepaid visa would be my best option? I know there are lots of different kinds. Are there any that i dont need to provide personal info with?

Thanks in advance for any help i really appreciate it!
    Like Gman liked this post

I used the greendot pre-paid visas from Wal mart when ordering from Palmira LD, cheers.
    Helpful djrick Rated helpful

LemonDiesel has a spectacular aura aboutLemonDiesel has a spectacular aura aboutLemonDiesel has a spectacular aura aboutLemonDiesel has a spectacular aura aboutLemonDiesel has a spectacular aura aboutLemonDiesel has a spectacular aura about

Thanks @Massiveamounts. When you get the green dot card do you have to give your real info?

Quote Originally Posted by LemonDiesel View Post
    Thanks @Massiveamounts. When you get the green dot card do you have to give your real info?
    I did man but not sure if you "must". I guess a fake name would work don't know really.

Roz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond repute
    Roz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond repute
    I'm guessing for international purchases due to the Patriot Act
    one must submit SS#. @LemonDiesel

Yeah it looks like real info is gonna ahave to happen. But i just did the green dot and now i cant get my order to go through. Palmira keeps saying the card was denied, but i know its got more than enough money. What the hell am i missing? I just got the temporary card at the moment. what do you think is the issue?

@LemonDiesel Is your greendot a visa? I ask because I think the mastercards are domestic only.
    Like Gman liked this post
    Be kind, everyone is fighting their own battles

HarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond repute
    HarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond reputeHarryIrene has a reputation beyond repute
    I recently got a prepaid VISA debit card (nFinanSe) and can only use it domestically

I guess I have to get a prepaid VISA "Credit Card" to use it internationally????

The greendot visa i have is also domestic only. So is the reason my card is getting decline because Palmira is outside the USA?

@LemonDiesel: Psst: Netspend!
    Helpful Crazy Little One, djrick Rated helpful
    Like gingerbaby liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by LemonDiesel View Post
    The greendot visa i have is also domestic only. So is the reason my card is getting decline because Palmira is outside the USA?
    Shit man sorry to hear that......I feel a bit responsible since I recommend using that particular card, I looked it up though and it seems that some are domestic only and some you can use intl. I guess I lucked up and bought the one you can use intl because it's always worked for me.

Travel, living all over the world, much time in Asia and West Europe. Originally US, Eastern

Personally been thru the ringer w/ the prepaids.....Really investigated as much as I THOUGHT was necessary, so just to overview my experience....Maybe something will be helpful? Either way, hope that my experiences will save somebody the time of checking some of these thing:
    1. Basically, the bottom line is for "Domestic" purchases, you can get an 'Off the shelf' card, and use it WITHOUT having to register it w/ you name, ssn#, etc. It is when you want anything international this is needed.
    *A "Funny" story about that, the 1st one I bought, before I really knew much about this, I bought a GreeDont, BUT, it was sold as a "INTERNET PURCHASE" Card, saying...blah blah perfect for buying on the web, etc......Only to try and use it and find out it didn't work for outside the US.....Last I checked, the Internet was also referred to as the "WORLD WIDE WEB"...lol....So selling this as a card for buying on the web, to me was just a blatant false advertise, aimed at people who just see that it's for the web and buy it.

2. Now: This is more a question than a helpful note: When "Registering" my last card for international use, I got to thinking - When you put in your name and SSN$, I WONDER if these numbers are actually verified, or just filed in case of a problem later....In other words, would a bogus SSN just go thru like any other? This has had me puzzled, and it's really almost worth getting one and giving it a shot? I'm just basing this on the fact that many of these things are required as record keeping, but I wonder if they actually go thru the verification process? ANY THOUGHTS ON THIS WOULD BE APPRECIATED?

3. I Know that the greendot card, you have to be a bit careful, although they come out and tell you, you need to make so many transactions to avoid the monthly fee on it. IF you try and funnel too much money thru it, they will "Lock" the card, and you will need to call and explain?

4. Beware of other brands, that really are "GreenDot". I happened to notice that the WalMart PrePaid stated that you can use MoneyPak to charge it. Since you run into trouble when you have more than one GreenDot (I'm pretty sure), I was thinking I would get a WalMart also, then I found out, they are identical, WalMart just pays or whatever for putting their name on the card.

Anyway, bottom-line is with all the registration and info required, your really not going anon at all compared to using your regular card, the only benefit, which is a good one is that you save the concerns of abusing the card, only loaded w/ so much, and can always grab a new one.

Well.....Guess nothing more than some babble here, but I thought I would just toss out there, and see if anyone has any additional thoughts....

Best regards,
    Alpine........
    Helpful Nicholas44 Rated helpful

Cash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond repute
    Cash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond repute
    I can answer #2 based upon industry knowledge that yes those things are verified. Prepaid cards are beginning to be used in many small time money laundering schemes so, in general, to comply with 'Know your customer, know your account' AML/BSA regulations, they are required to check the "vitals". Either the card association or the card processor will perform this function, usually at the time of application and there are many companies with this service making a pretty penny off of it as we speak.

P.S. the answer to #3 is likely related to AML/BSA as well and the whole money laundering aspects. Money movement is harder to track in these types of monetary vehicles so the various reg agencies put in "stops" to help keep the trail solid.
    Last edited by Cash; 01-18-2013 at 11:53 PM.
    September 9, 2015

Cash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond repute
    Cash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond repute
    Per my post right before this one, the only protection you get from a prepaid card (and it's a good protection) is you can't get cleaned out for more than what's there and there are limited liabilities that can be used to get money back depending on the card if something is fraudulently charged. It's not as good as the protections you get on a regular debit/credit, but it's something.
    Helpful Roz, djrick Rated helpful
    Like mrskrilla, taralumia liked this post
    September 9, 2015

Ranger will become famous soon enoughRanger will become famous soon enoughRanger will become famous soon enoughRanger will become famous soon enough

I've posted this several times before.,....to order international, your best bet is to get a VISA TRAVEL MONEY CARD -- no one seems to search before they post anymore (yes, I am being crabby, if you had my pain issues, you would be too).

The travel money VISA cards are available through most banks and AAA. Yes, you have to give up some personal info, but, at least in my case, my local credit union stands by it 100 percent and claims to refund/credit back any "problems" that may crop up.

Never had to test them on it, but considering they have been straight with me on many other issues.

VISA travel money. ONLY one I would use. Screw Green dot and all the rest.
    Helpful sugarsnap, Gman, geemore10, azula, djrick Rated helpful

geemore10 has a spectacular aura aboutgeemore10 has a spectacular aura aboutgeemore10 has a spectacular aura aboutgeemore10 has a spectacular aura aboutgeemore10 has a spectacular aura about

@alpine, I just had a similar issue with the Green Dot VISA card I got...so apparently you can't use the "temporary" card (the card you initially bought in the store) for international purchases. You have to wait until they send you your "personalized" card in the mail before you can use it internationally. But if you already have your personalized card and that doesn't work, then I'll be in the same boat. I hope that's not the case...otherwise I'll end up using it on groceries, haha.

Gman is offline Banned Reason: Sent the administrator delerious PMs threatening to try to hack this site
    Gman has a reputation beyond reputeGman has a reputation beyond reputeGman has a reputation beyond reputeGman has a reputation beyond reputeGman has a reputation beyond reputeGman has a reputation beyond reputeGman has a reputation beyond reputeGman has a reputation beyond reputeGman has a reputation beyond reputeGman has a reputation beyond reputeGman has a reputation beyond reputeGman has a reputation beyond reputeGman has a reputation beyond reputeGman has a reputation beyond reputeGman has a reputation beyond reputeGman has a reputation beyond reputeGman has a reputation beyond reputeGman has a reputation beyond reputeGman has a reputation beyond reputeGman has a reputation beyond repute
    Gman has a reputation beyond reputeGman has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    I've posted this several times before.,....to order international, your best bet is to get a VISA TRAVEL MONEY CARD -- no one seems to search before they post anymore (yes, I am being crabby, if you had my pain issues, you would be too).

The travel money VISA cards are available through most banks and AAA. Yes, you have to give up some personal info, but, at least in my case, my local credit union stands by it 100 percent and claims to refund/credit back any "problems" that may crop up.

Never had to test them on it, but considering they have been straight with me on many other issues.

VISA travel money. ONLY one I would use. Screw Green dot and all the rest.
    Howdy @Ranger

Very informative post, I stick to the original CC, they already know more about me than I do. So them having your personal info is a non-issue, for me at least. Green-dot is a a strange beast, temp cards do not work with IOP's because they do not include the all important "Credit Card Verification Code"

Visa/MasterCard/Discover
    The verification code is the 3-digit number found on the back of your credit card near the signature panel.

American Express
    The verification code is the 4-digit number found on the far right on the front of your credit card.

Even with that verification code usually sent with your permanent green-dot card, has issues with a lot of vendors. JMHO, but the vendors that accept green-dot are usually the ones turned down by conventional cc companys. Just something to chew on.

I do not fully understand the green-dot business model..would appreciate if someone with a more robust knowledge would kindly share their insights.

Gman
    Helpful MoxiePR Rated helpful

Gman is offline Banned Reason: Sent the administrator delerious PMs threatening to try to hack this site
    Gman has a reputation beyond reputeGman has a reputation beyond reputeGman has a reputation beyond reputeGman has a reputation beyond reputeGman has a reputation beyond reputeGman has a reputation beyond reputeGman has a reputation beyond reputeGman has a reputation beyond reputeGman has a reputation beyond reputeGman has a reputation beyond reputeGman has a reputation beyond reputeGman has a reputation beyond reputeGman has a reputation beyond reputeGman has a reputation beyond reputeGman has a reputation beyond reputeGman has a reputation beyond reputeGman has a reputation beyond reputeGman has a reputation beyond reputeGman has a reputation beyond reputeGman has a reputation beyond repute
    Gman has a reputation beyond reputeGman has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by teresita View Post
    @LemonDiesel Is your greendot a visa? I ask because I think the mastercards are domestic only.
    @teresita
    I think it depends whether or not you can provide the CCV,,3 digit security number on the back of most cards, and if your bank and/or vendor's will accept green-dot as legit. It's a real crapshoot IMO, I have posted a few questions out there to those seemingly in the know.

Credit Card Verification Code

Visa/MasterCard/Discover
    The verification code is the 3-digit number found on the back of your credit card near the signature panel

American Express
    The verification code is the 4-digit number found on the far right on the front of your credit card.

Still waiting for replies, hope we can decipher the mystery surrounding green-dot.

Cheers,
    Gman
    Helpful geemore10 Rated helpful

19. I used Chase Gift Card and after registration it worked fine.
    Like chillax liked this post

geemore10 has a spectacular aura aboutgeemore10 has a spectacular aura aboutgeemore10 has a spectacular aura aboutgeemore10 has a spectacular aura aboutgeemore10 has a spectacular aura about

In an earlier post I mentioned the GreenDot card and while yes, the personalized version can be used internationally, I had issues with GreenDot the company and their availability. After I bough the GreenDot Visa, registered, etc., I was frustrated by the fees involved (there are monthly fees and fees to actually reload the card). So I cancel the card impulsively, but it doesn't seem to go through so I use all of the money on the temporary card for groceries—so now there is NO balance on the card, but because I can still log on and got my personalized card a few days later, I thought that maybe my cancellation just didn't take or finish.

I decided to reload the GreenDot card with a MoneyPak (which I bought for $200), even though I bought the MoneyPak, my account with GreenDot wouldn't let me reload because now it's closed And it's closed permanently, so if I don't want to waste the MP, I guess that means I have to buy another card and reenter all of my information again?

The reason I ask is because a poster above said something about people having trouble with two of these Visa reload cards. I'll continue to read around the forum...I just don't want all that money on the MP to go to waste so I want to make use of it while I can, you know?

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast