Thread: Transferwise

Pharma24 is offline Banned Reason: Vendor and/or scammer in disguise.
    Pharma24 will become famous soon enoughPharma24 will become famous soon enoughPharma24 will become famous soon enough

Default Transferwise

Has anyone ever tried that? Found it while looking for alternative money wire
    oportunities. Looks like they are cheap, but "if it looks too good to be true..."!?
    Likes wildings liked this post

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
    Transferwise
    took a quick look, the "how it works" part.
    2. Upload money

Pay TransferWise in your local currency. Use your debit card, just like shopping online, or make a normal bank transfer.

it may have other methods but did not make that clear. don't use debit cards, cc plastic only. if that was a funding option may well be worthwhile, from a client point of view. now, how it works on a commercial/vendor/recipient: not a clue.

edit: should have included the bw option review. I would never consider attaching my bank account to anything on this site, ever, for anything, for any reason, at any price.......
    Last edited by wildings; 01-25-2015 at 01:01 PM.

4. A vendor recently told me they only accept this or Bitcoin, so I guess its time to start talking about it. It bothers me because it looks like you have to give them way too much information, but the vendor assures me he trusts it.

EDIT: Googling it I also find very mixed reviews, which also has me worried. I like my vendor so I would hate it if I had to stop using him because he took up with a scam service.
    Last edited by onlyareader; 2 Weeks Ago at 04:37 AM.

Rylee has a brilliant futureRylee has a brilliant futureRylee has a brilliant futureRylee has a brilliant futureRylee has a brilliant futureRylee has a brilliant futureRylee has a brilliant futureRylee has a brilliant futureRylee has a brilliant futureRylee has a brilliant futureRylee has a brilliant futureRylee has a brilliant futureRylee has a brilliant futureRylee has a brilliant futureRylee has a brilliant futureRylee has a brilliant futureRylee has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by onlyareader View Post
    A vendor recently told me they only accept this or Bitcoin, so I guess its time to start talking about it. It bothers me because it looks like you have to give them way too much information, but the vendor assures me he trusts it.

EDIT: Googling it I also find very mixed reviews, which also has me worried. I like my vendor so I would hate it if I had to stop using him because he took up with a scam service.
    Just be careful. Some places they are Unable to take debit cards from. & if u connect it to a bank? Well u know. Plus a true "transfer" like electronic would take "weeks". You do have to upload both sides of state ID.

Checked into it & wont use.
    The greatness of a nation & its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.

6. The thing that makes it so hard is that the vendor in question is someone I've been using for most of the year and everyone has good experiences with him (yes there's a thread for him in the Senior section) so I can only guess that he really does think this thing is all that good.

Nevertheless I'm gonna look around for other vendors. If I don't find anyone worthwhile or who doesn't accept simpler payments (I can NOT do WU or MG) then I'll risk it.

Raspberry has much to be proud ofRaspberry has much to be proud ofRaspberry has much to be proud ofRaspberry has much to be proud ofRaspberry has much to be proud ofRaspberry has much to be proud ofRaspberry has much to be proud ofRaspberry has much to be proud ofRaspberry has much to be proud ofRaspberry has much to be proud ofRaspberry has much to be proud ofRaspberry has much to be proud ofRaspberry has much to be proud ofRaspberry has much to be proud ofRaspberry has much to be proud ofRaspberry has much to be proud ofRaspberry has much to be proud of

I had the same choice and I would say 'no' to transferwise and not even consider it. I am like you and can't do WU or MG.

What I was going to do was the BTC.. I went to local BTC and found options but I like the cash option which was an ATM as it turned out. It was close enough for me to go there, though not convenient. I tried it once and it didn't work but I had a technical problem and I fixed that and never got back there yet. It was easy for other people. What tipped the scale for me was the anonymous factor. You can use it for a couple hundred dollars anonymously. I was told etherium for Android and Bread for apple. Those are the apps recommended by @Japaholic. That wasn't your question but that is my answer.

Otherwise there are tons of individuals who sell in different ways. Nothing is ideal but I chose that because it was about time to figure out how to do it. I know that many people don't have the ATM option at all.

Honestly, I think the Transferwise is ok. I looked it up and it didn't set off alarm bells. It would be reasonable choice, or one that makes sense.
    Last edited by Raspberry; 2 Weeks Ago at 10:34 PM.
    Helpful Rylee, onlyareader Rated helpful

8. Well, I took a chance with it. I'll let you all know how it goes.

jaders is a splendid one to beholdjaders is a splendid one to beholdjaders is a splendid one to beholdjaders is a splendid one to beholdjaders is a splendid one to beholdjaders is a splendid one to beholdjaders is a splendid one to beholdjaders is a splendid one to beholdjaders is a splendid one to beholdjaders is a splendid one to beholdjaders is a splendid one to beholdjaders is a splendid one to beholdjaders is a splendid one to behold

I've used transferwise three times with zero problems. I really like it and the exchange is MUCH cheaper and less fees than my ordinary cc. I thought it got really good reviews on the net, myself. I do have a bank account attached but it has very limited funds in it too. I'd rather that than tackle bitcoin, altho I have the feeling I'm going to have to do that eventually...
    Likes Balance liked this post
    The cause of all suffering is attachment...

surten is a jewel in the roughsurten is a jewel in the roughsurten is a jewel in the roughsurten is a jewel in the roughsurten is a jewel in the roughsurten is a jewel in the roughsurten is a jewel in the roughsurten is a jewel in the rough

I've used tw also with much success. I felt uncomfortable the first time but never had any issues with it. I used it maybe 6 times?

I havent used it in connection with meds but use Transferwise on a regular basis to send money to my daughter travelling in Australia. No problems at all.
    Helpful Danie Rated helpful

luvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud of

Just wanted to add that I had also recently been given Transferwise as a payment option. As with MG and WU, I'm not comfortable with it and I won't use it, but that's just me.
    ~Work for a cause, not for applause. Live life to express, not to impress.
    Don't strive to make your presence noticed,
    Just make your absence felt.~

Rylee has a brilliant futureRylee has a brilliant futureRylee has a brilliant futureRylee has a brilliant futureRylee has a brilliant futureRylee has a brilliant futureRylee has a brilliant futureRylee has a brilliant futureRylee has a brilliant futureRylee has a brilliant futureRylee has a brilliant futureRylee has a brilliant futureRylee has a brilliant futureRylee has a brilliant futureRylee has a brilliant futureRylee has a brilliant futureRylee has a brilliant future

I appreciate all the info everyone's posted but imo I think this info shouldn't be discussed. It will turn into another non-useable payment method.

Esp in general section, we're nearing the end of options.

Seriously, I Know we're here to help but maybe we can try what someone tells us what pmt they take & pm others instead of posting? Just a thought, just trying to help...
    Last edited by Rylee; 1 Week Ago at 03:13 PM. Reason: Changed info
    Helpful MMH, Raspberry, Squelix, jaders Rated helpful
    The greatness of a nation & its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.

jaders is a splendid one to beholdjaders is a splendid one to beholdjaders is a splendid one to beholdjaders is a splendid one to beholdjaders is a splendid one to beholdjaders is a splendid one to beholdjaders is a splendid one to beholdjaders is a splendid one to beholdjaders is a splendid one to beholdjaders is a splendid one to beholdjaders is a splendid one to beholdjaders is a splendid one to beholdjaders is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Rylee View Post
    I appreciate all the info everyone's posted but imo I think this info shouldn't be discussed. It will turn into another non-useable payment method.

Esp in general section, we're nearing the end of options.

Seriously, I Know we're here to help but maybe we can try what someone tells us what pmt they take & pm others instead of posting? Just a thought, just trying to help...
    what you're saying is why I've never mentioned this method before, altho it's obviously used for a myriad of things. I would be happy to see this thread go away if that would be "prudent."
    Helpful Rylee Rated helpful
    The cause of all suffering is attachment...

15. Transferwise