Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Bitcoin payments, the easy way ?

True about coinbase. Always transfer to a wallet and pay from the wallet. Never pay a vendor directly from coinbase. Big no no!

No no...same phrase I keep telling my new kitten, it’s a learning curve.

I’m a fairly tech savvy person and have been researching the bitcoin area but man are there a lot of steps and instructions in truly keeping it anonymous. One of these days I’ll take the leap but not going to lie, it looks so daunting.

Uncle Rob has a spectacular aura aboutUncle Rob has a spectacular aura aboutUncle Rob has a spectacular aura aboutUncle Rob has a spectacular aura aboutUncle Rob has a spectacular aura about

@Qtgirl, not that "techy", but do a bit of reading, use DuckDuckGo as I did, , for reviews of bitcoin wallets to start, I ended up using one called "Bread" (handles other types of cryptocurrency as well), works well for me. Was easy to down load, all QR codes for both buying, selling, receiving. I just go to a local Bitcoin ATM, hit buy, scan QR on my phone and start feeding in bills until I get to the amount I wanted to buy, done. Bitcoin is a bit like the wild west, super fluctuations in rates high fees using an ATM. I just consider this as part of the cost of doing what we do in ordering. I have considered some of the other ways of buying, but I don't think that none are a anonymous as using an ATM.

Just search Bitcoin ATM in your region. Although I have only purchased using Bitcoin from one vendor, I think many/most would be the same, at the end of the purchase a QR code comes up on screen, you just scan it inside of your "wallet", and hit send to complete purchase, the code is time limited so you have just a few minutes to scan and send.
    Last edited by Uncle Rob; 02-11-2019 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrgirl View Post
    I’m a fairly tech savvy person and have been researching the bitcoin area but man are there a lot of steps and instructions in truly keeping it anonymous. One of these days I’ll take the leap but not going to lie, it looks so daunting.
    I thought the same thing at first. You can even go to YouTube and watch some videos on how to use bitcoin. Once you have everything set up it really is easy to use. Then you’ll wonder why you waited so long to do it.
    Likes pinkflower liked this post

pinkflower is offline Banned Reason: Banned until Sept 27 for sending some unsolicited PMs
    pinkflower has much to be proud ofpinkflower has much to be proud ofpinkflower has much to be proud ofpinkflower has much to be proud ofpinkflower has much to be proud ofpinkflower has much to be proud ofpinkflower has much to be proud ofpinkflower has much to be proud ofpinkflower has much to be proud ofpinkflower has much to be proud ofpinkflower has much to be proud ofpinkflower has much to be proud ofpinkflower has much to be proud ofpinkflower has much to be proud ofpinkflower has much to be proud ofpinkflower has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by tedh View Post
    I thought the same thing at first. You can even go to YouTube and watch some videos on how to use bitcoin. Once you have everything set up it really is easy to use. Then you’ll wonder why you waited so long to do it.
    I've just made my first two successful bitcoin transactions @tedh and I NEVER thought I would learn how to use them. Like you, now I wonder why I waited so long. I must admit though that I still don't think I would have any clue about it if it wasn't for a wonderful crypto exchange here in NZ. I signed up for it, had to provide ID but that was fine, and they make it so simple to buy. Plus they have loads of useful information on the site. I have got a wallet that I transfer them to and send them from that. Just all of a sudden, it feels so simple and I am thrilled! Frankly, I was scared of using them before!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tedh View Post
    True about coinbase. Always transfer to a wallet and pay from the wallet. Never pay a vendor directly from coinbase. Big no no!

No no...same phrase I keep telling my new kitten, it’s a learning curve.
    Good luck with that!
    Likes Uncle Rob, tedh, seashells, wildings liked this post

6. Does anyone have a list of things in order to bitcoin? I still haven’t learned yet to use it. Wu is getting ridiculous

@auburnfan123 - IMO BTC is the best way to go. No where as as complicated as it looks. You can buy BTC from many resellers and if you shop around you can find some who only charge 1%-10% premium over current value. Fluctuation can go either way so unless you like to gamble use them asap. Many places … google BTC kiosk and vendors
    Last edited by Kermit S; 07-06-2019 at 07:51 PM.
    Helpful seashells Rated helpful
    “Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die.”

8. bfmC438.jpg Chart taken from https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...inked-accounts BTC can be very volatile. Last June 27 it lost 25% (13,800 to 10,300) against the USD in the span of 24 hours when there it looks like some traders got a 5-day warning ahead of a news story on a rumor that a large South Korean bank would be putting restrictions on BTC-linked accounts. OK, not owning BTC i see the 25% loss from the June 26 peak but it could also be seen as a 33% gain and then a 25% loss within a few days. Just a rumor can make it move 33% up or 25% down in just one or two days so if you're gonna go ahead and convert $1000 for your first BTC purchase, check the current price before pulling the trigger. Unlike the stock and commodity markets, there is no law anywhere against "insider trading" in BTC or in this case, maybe it was trading ahead of the news, or simple market manipulation. No laws against market manipulation of BTC ... yet, because nobody has yet been able to figure out how to try and enforce such laws.

P.S. I'm not intending to scare anyone, just warning of the volatilit. There's also the risk of something that could trigger a big price decline, like news stories about just the discovery of a "theoretical weakness" in the mathematics of it. Or maybe the rumor os such a discovery. Or maybe a fake news story about such a supposed rumor. concocted by someone who wants to move the price. Don't put anything into BTC you can't afford to lose. It's also important to remember that the prices posted o a DNM market are in USD, not BTC. To make the purchase you transfer the amount of BTC which at that moment equate to the posted dollar price. So if you're not careful and you did your purchase in the days around June 27 you could have had a big surprise (either good or bad) after your transaction went through.

Just keep your BTC purchases limited to immediately foreseeable needs is my advice.
    Last edited by Trampy; 07-07-2019 at 01:01 PM.
    Helpful heliarc Rated helpful
    Normies Prefer Lies to Truth

fundus is a splendid one to beholdfundus is a splendid one to beholdfundus is a splendid one to beholdfundus is a splendid one to beholdfundus is a splendid one to beholdfundus is a splendid one to beholdfundus is a splendid one to beholdfundus is a splendid one to beholdfundus is a splendid one to beholdfundus is a splendid one to beholdfundus is a splendid one to beholdfundus is a splendid one to beholdfundus is a splendid one to behold

I find using BTC to be both satisfying and annoying at the same time. When using services such as Coinbase they will put a hold on your money for up two weeks before you can even send any BTC to a vendor. On top of that, the constant fluctuations in price is probably going to be vastly different by the time the BTC is available to use. So, when you can't make an instant purchase at the current market value, you get screwed big time.

Even though Coinbase sucks in many ways, I find that I can at least trust them with my money because they're established when it comes to BTC. I am leery of trying other services and handing over my banking information. A lot of people seem to be confused about all the ways to use or obtain BTC and I guess I'm one of them. I like to keep things as simple as possible when dealing with BTC, so as much as a PITA Coinbase is, that's what I'm going to use for now. I don't do that many transactions so I suppose I'll just have to be annoyed several times a year.
    Everything is self evident. -Descartes

PurpleCat is a jewel in the roughPurpleCat is a jewel in the roughPurpleCat is a jewel in the roughPurpleCat is a jewel in the roughPurpleCat is a jewel in the roughPurpleCat is a jewel in the roughPurpleCat is a jewel in the roughPurpleCat is a jewel in the roughPurpleCat is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by fundus View Post
    I find using BTC to be both satisfying and annoying at the same time. When using services such as Coinbase they will put a hold on your money for up two weeks before you can even send any BTC to a vendor. On top of that, the constant fluctuations in price is probably going to be vastly different by the time the BTC is available to use. So, when you can't make an instant purchase at the current market value, you get screwed big time.

Even though Coinbase sucks in many ways, I find that I can at least trust them with my money because they're established when it comes to BTC. I am leery of trying other services and handing over my banking information. A lot of people seem to be confused about all the ways to use or obtain BTC and I guess I'm one of them. I like to keep things as simple as possible when dealing with BTC, so as much as a PITA Coinbase is, that's what I'm going to use for now. I don't do that many transactions so I suppose I'll just have to be annoyed several times a year.

The easiest way to buy Bitcoin is from a Bitcoin ATM using cash. If you have it sent to your wallet, it is available to use almost immediately.

Unfortunately, they are not available in all areas, particularly in small towns and rural areas. I am lucky to have one about a 15 minute drive away. The next closest one is about 60 miles from my home. In that town, there are about 10 or 12 of them located in relatively close proximity to one another.

If you don't have one nearby, it might be a good idea to do an internet search occasionally because new ones are being added all the time. Many of them are located in shopping malls and gas stations/convenience stores.
    Helpful fundus, MarySue155 Rated helpful
    Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed... Alexander Pope

Della is a name known to allDella is a name known to allDella is a name known to allDella is a name known to allDella is a name known to allDella is a name known to allDella is a name known to allDella is a name known to allDella is a name known to allDella is a name known to allDella is a name known to allDella is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by auburnfan123 View Post
    Does anyone have a list of things in order to bitcoin? I still haven’t learned yet to use it. Wu is getting ridiculous
    I was scared at first but if you search on the tor browser for beginner guides to buy and sell bitcoin you should be taken through step by step. I'm frightened of the currency now replacing bitcoin. Took me forever just to learn this currency. If you want it enough though there's tons of material out there.

12. listen guys----i kept away from bitcoin because i thought i was too stupid to use it-------but in reality its always my adhd---------it takes attention to be paid to it and anyone can do it it just takes time some adhd meds and a little encouragement---just read read read-------give yourself time and allow for a few mistakes---after mgram ripping me and WU looking at me like i am a murderer-----------i finally got hold of bitcoin and still learning----stupid coinbase banned me-------so i want to paxful------its a great feeling when it works out-----------all in the process
    Helpful pinkflower Rated helpful

@kitty4 where or how is the easiest way to buy it? Thanks

pippi222 is a jewel in the roughpippi222 is a jewel in the roughpippi222 is a jewel in the roughpippi222 is a jewel in the roughpippi222 is a jewel in the roughpippi222 is a jewel in the roughpippi222 is a jewel in the roughpippi222 is a jewel in the roughpippi222 is a jewel in the rough

I’m wondering about purchasing options for bitcoins too. I’ve recently been banned from WU and a long time ago from Moneygram, and I live in a small town with no options for a bc ATM or in-person sales. I know there are a lot of other options, but I’m wondering if anyone has recommendations...? I’ve used PayPal a couple times but have always had to pay more.
    Last edited by pippi222; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:45 AM.

Gullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond repute
    Gullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond repute
    there is bank deposit and cash by mail. try paxful if lbc doesn't have what you need
    Helpful pippi222 Rated helpful

16. so @Gullible, you are an expert and i'm feeling stupid--first i get a wallet, then use localbitcoins to buy or i can use a nearby bitcoin atm and that's it? i'm done? send the vendor the wallet? i just want to use cash to buy. how do i know the people selling are legit? does localbitcoin guarantee them?

i thought we had a btc for dummies thread but i can't find it. thanks anyone. i knew my btc day was coming. i've just been avoiding it.
    Likes Boxergirl, seashells liked this post

pippi222 is a jewel in the roughpippi222 is a jewel in the roughpippi222 is a jewel in the roughpippi222 is a jewel in the roughpippi222 is a jewel in the roughpippi222 is a jewel in the roughpippi222 is a jewel in the roughpippi222 is a jewel in the roughpippi222 is a jewel in the rough

@notcharlotte if you use localbitcoins to buy, everyone has reputation scores so you’ll want to look those before you choose a seller. I wouldn’t buy from someone who hasn’t made very many sales. There are several steps you have to go through to get your account set up and verified, but after that it’s pretty easy to use. Once you make the purchase, the bitcoins go in your lbc wallet, and then you send them to your other wallet (there are a bunch to choose from, I use Green Address). Then from there you can send them to the vendor. Don’t send to your vendor directly from your lbc wallet.

Hope that helps.

18. Hi. I have a btc account with zapo, but recently they've frozen my wallet. They now claim they need more proof of who I am. They've only left me with one solution, and that is sending them proof with a utility bill. I told them; "Where I've lived for the past eight years the landlord pays all utilities can I send a copy of car insurance with my name on it?"
    They've never replied back!

I really need some strong advice and help finding another BTC service. I'm thinking of looking into paxful. I've also heard from a friend about a BTC service that you can load using a "Square App" on your phone. I have the "Square App" already.

Thanks guys,
    Tiny Rick

19. @PurpleCat After reading your post I decided to see if there were any BitCoin ATM's near me and there are! Wow, so now I have to get an account which means I will be googling Bitcoin for the very confused and seeing how I get on. MarySue
    Likes PurpleCat, seashells liked this post

PurpleCat is a jewel in the roughPurpleCat is a jewel in the roughPurpleCat is a jewel in the roughPurpleCat is a jewel in the roughPurpleCat is a jewel in the roughPurpleCat is a jewel in the roughPurpleCat is a jewel in the roughPurpleCat is a jewel in the roughPurpleCat is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by MarySue155 View Post
    @PurpleCat After reading your post I decided to see if there were any BitCoin ATM's near me and there are! Wow, so now I have to get an account which means I will be googling Bitcoin for the very confused and seeing how I get on. MarySue

You don't really need to have an account. All you need to do is create a "Bitcoin wallet" on your PC or other device, and then head to the Bitcoin ATM with some cash and your smart phone. You can Google Bitcoin wallets to decide which one would best suit your needs (Electrum is a popular one).

When you make your purchase at the ATM, you scan the QR code that identifies your wallet address, and the Bitcoin are sent to your wallet, ready to spend almost immediately. Be aware that there is a fee involved which means that you have to purchase more Bitcoin than you actually intend to spend in order to cover the fee. The fees will vary depending on a number of factors, but they are generally reasonable for the most part.

When you are ready to make your purchase, you simply ask the vendor for their wallet address (which will be a long string of numbers and other characters), and you then copy and paste it, and send it from your wallet to the vendor's wallet. It is all quite simple, and there are a number of YouTube videos that will walk you through the process. I would suggest watching a few of them before you go to the ATM so you will be more familiar with the steps involved in completing the purchase transaction.
    Helpful pippi222, MarySue155, seashells Rated helpful
    Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed... Alexander Pope

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast