Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Bitcoin payments, the easy way ?

What if you don't have a smart phone?

Gullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond repute
    Gullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by 10 years after View Post
    It depends on the bitcoin atm. Some give you a printout with qr code as well as the address in text which you can copy. Triple check it until you are sure you got everything right will upper and lower case as well
    Helpful 10 years after Rated helpful

dtek has a brilliant futuredtek has a brilliant futuredtek has a brilliant futuredtek has a brilliant futuredtek has a brilliant futuredtek has a brilliant futuredtek has a brilliant futuredtek has a brilliant futuredtek has a brilliant futuredtek has a brilliant futuredtek has a brilliant futuredtek has a brilliant futuredtek has a brilliant futuredtek has a brilliant futuredtek has a brilliant futuredtek has a brilliant futuredtek has a brilliant future

Electrum wallet software is available pre-packaged for Windows, Android, OSX, and Linux. It's also available as a Python package, so you can run it on any device that can run Python (a programming language). You can find it here: https://electrum.org/#download

One warning: Never download and install Electrum from anywhere but the electrum.org website. There have been cases where bad actors make modified Electrum software available that will steal your Bitcoins.
    Likes heliarc liked this post

PurpleCat is a jewel in the roughPurpleCat is a jewel in the roughPurpleCat is a jewel in the roughPurpleCat is a jewel in the roughPurpleCat is a jewel in the roughPurpleCat is a jewel in the roughPurpleCat is a jewel in the roughPurpleCat is a jewel in the roughPurpleCat is a jewel in the rough

If you don't have a smart phone, you can print out your QR code at home on a piece of paper and scan that. You also have the option of entering the string of characters manually, but I would not recommend doing that because the address can have more than 30 characters and it can be very easy to make a mistake.

However, you DO need to have a cell phone capable of receiving text messages. The first step is to enter your mobile phone number. A three or four digit numerical code is then sent to your phone by text. You must then enter that code to the ATM in order to proceed.

Also, as @Gullible pointed out, some Bitcoin ATMs will create a wallet for you if you don't already have one, and will print out a receipt containing the QR code as well as the wallet address in text. Not an advisable way to do it though. It is better to have your own wallet before you go to the ATM -- mainly for security reasons.
    Last edited by PurpleCat; 1 Week Ago at 05:24 AM. Reason: .
    Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed... Alexander Pope

seashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond repute
    seashells has a reputation beyond repute
    After you do your transaction i thought you couldnt leave your bitcoins in your wallet? I thought you had to move what was left over from transaction. I just found a atm 1 mile from my house. ok now lol...do i need a wallet before i go to the ATM or does it provide you with one? I thought I read both. Im a newb..but theres no other way.
    Last edited by seashells; 1 Week Ago at 07:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleCat View Post
    If you don't have a smart phone, you can print out your QR code at home on a piece of paper and scan that. You also have the option of entering the string of characters manually, but I would not recommend doing that because the address can have more than 30 characters and it can be very easy to make a mistake.

However, you DO need to have a cell phone capable of receiving text messages. The first step is to enter your mobile phone number. A three or four digit numerical code is then sent to your phone by text. You must then enter that code to the ATM in order to proceed.

Also, as @Gullible pointed out, some Bitcoin ATMs will create a wallet for you if you don't already have one, and will print out a receipt containing the QR code as well as the wallet address in text. Not an advisable way to do it though. It is better to have your own wallet before you go to the ATM -- mainly for security reasons.
    Yes, I can receive text messages.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by seashells View Post
    After you do your transaction i thought you couldnt leave your bitcoins in your wallet? I thought you had to move what was left over from transaction. I just found a atm 1 mile from my house. ok now lol...do i need a wallet before i go to the ATM or does it provide you with one? I thought I read both. Im a newb..but theres no other way.
    I think you would need to have downloaded the bitcoin wallet already. Right guys? I'm so clueless with crypto currency.

PurpleCat is a jewel in the roughPurpleCat is a jewel in the roughPurpleCat is a jewel in the roughPurpleCat is a jewel in the roughPurpleCat is a jewel in the roughPurpleCat is a jewel in the roughPurpleCat is a jewel in the roughPurpleCat is a jewel in the roughPurpleCat is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by seashells View Post

It is better to have your own wallet before going to the ATM. That way you can have them sent directly to your wallet by scanning the QR code when you make the purchase (either from your phone or from an image printed on a piece of paper that you have prepared at home if you don't have a smart phone) and you can just leave what you don't use in your wallet.

The ATM will provide you with a wallet if you don't have one, but, for security reasons, it is better to have your own before you make the ATM purchase. Besides, you will have to create your own eventually anyway, so you might as well do it before you buy the Bitcoin.
    Helpful pippi222, heliarc Rated helpful
    Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed... Alexander Pope

Gullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond repute
    Gullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond repute
    Just my own opinion but the paper wallet you get from (some) atm's should be no problem. I personally have never heard about them being hacked but anything is possible. I would not leave your coin in that wallet though you could, I would transfer it out. Think of it this way, if the machine plans to scam you they can simply not give you any coin. But then word gets around and the machine is kicked out and the owner is in trouble.

Another theoretical possibility is some rogue machine might save the key to the wallet they give you leaving it vulnerable to a hack on the machine's owner but for the amount of time it takes to get home and leisurely transfer it to another wallet your risk is infinitessimal. If in doubt search for info on the machines owner.

Yes, printing out your own qr code at home is a very good idea if you have no smart phone. I don't think you can run any programs on a dumb phone but you can use it plus the qr to make your purchase. If you have no printer and no smart phone then get the receipt and do it by hand but triple check everything. If you get it wrong it simply won't work, I used to copy them sometimes by hand before I got a qr reader on my phone.

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345