Thread: Western Union Legitimate Reasons to Send Money When Status is "in progress"

Bellavista44 is a glorious beacon of lightBellavista44 is a glorious beacon of lightBellavista44 is a glorious beacon of lightBellavista44 is a glorious beacon of lightBellavista44 is a glorious beacon of lightBellavista44 is a glorious beacon of lightBellavista44 is a glorious beacon of lightBellavista44 is a glorious beacon of lightBellavista44 is a glorious beacon of lightBellavista44 is a glorious beacon of lightBellavista44 is a glorious beacon of light

Default Western Union Legitimate Reasons to Send Money When Status is "in progress"

I just purchased a Western Union money order and the status is "in progress" I believe that means it is on hold. It is being sent to a questionable area of the world. I DO NOT want to loose the opportunity to make this transaction work. I need to get it through ASAP as I am heading out-of-town Thursday and need my order by Wednesday.

Given I am sending the money out of country. Does anyone have a list of legitimate reasons I can give Western Union when I call and ask them to please release the money??!! I am afraid I will say the wrong thing. Does it have to be a relative? I need a good/ legitimate story.
    Until you submit, self medicate

Bellavista44 is a glorious beacon of lightBellavista44 is a glorious beacon of lightBellavista44 is a glorious beacon of lightBellavista44 is a glorious beacon of lightBellavista44 is a glorious beacon of lightBellavista44 is a glorious beacon of lightBellavista44 is a glorious beacon of lightBellavista44 is a glorious beacon of lightBellavista44 is a glorious beacon of lightBellavista44 is a glorious beacon of lightBellavista44 is a glorious beacon of light

So in case this happens to you... I called and stated who I was as the sender and WU said tell the receiver the funds are ready for pick up. However, I just looked it up online and it is still saying 'in progress....

dtek has a brilliant futuredtek has a brilliant futuredtek has a brilliant futuredtek has a brilliant futuredtek has a brilliant futuredtek has a brilliant futuredtek has a brilliant futuredtek has a brilliant futuredtek has a brilliant futuredtek has a brilliant futuredtek has a brilliant futuredtek has a brilliant futuredtek has a brilliant futuredtek has a brilliant futuredtek has a brilliant futuredtek has a brilliant futuredtek has a brilliant futuredtek has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by Bellavista44 View Post
    Does anyone have a list of legitimate reasons I can give Western Union when I call and ask them to please release the money??!! I am afraid I will say the wrong thing. Does it have to be a relative? I need a good/ legitimate story.
    On the rare occasions that I've been asked, I've told them that my church is doing missionary work there. I also once told them that I was sending money to my brother-in-law.
    Likes 4family4 liked this post

So here is how it played out. For the remainder of the day yesterday and today the WU status said 'In process' online with the next step being titled 'available'. It never made it to the next step. The receiver said the funds were not available and that I need to call WU. I thought YAY, can't wait to give WU a call! I called, they said it was ready for pick up. I called again because it was not available. They said it was ready for pick up - not! I called again and asked for a supervisor. I mean they didn't ask me a bunch of questions. What the heck? The supervisor says it was sent through a specific channel to locations they no longer send to. (I think because of questionable locality.)

When using a WU Kiosk at a drugstore I was not even given an option for where to pick it up. WU assigned the location and it wasn't found anywhere on the screen or in the novel of a receipt that printed out. The supervisor issued me a refund and told me to go to store and start over. This time fill out a WU form and only specify the country and nothing else.

I'm like you have to be kidding me. Your kiosk directed it to locations WU no longer uses, you can't change it over the phone and you want me to go get a refund and start over and make it even more manual?! Well how far can I drive this bus? I was already sending $ to a questionable, scrutinized location in the world. I had to hop off and take my lumps. Money in minutes. Kind of reminds of when a vendor says overnight. Ain't happening.

Moral of the story - when purchasing WU, do it on paper and specify country, no state.
    Helpful Delta L1011, jaders, Blackbird123 Rated helpful

SoTired has much to be proud ofSoTired has much to be proud ofSoTired has much to be proud ofSoTired has much to be proud ofSoTired has much to be proud ofSoTired has much to be proud ofSoTired has much to be proud ofSoTired has much to be proud ofSoTired has much to be proud ofSoTired has much to be proud ofSoTired has much to be proud ofSoTired has much to be proud ofSoTired has much to be proud ofSoTired has much to be proud ofSoTired has much to be proud ofSoTired has much to be proud ofSoTired has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by dtek View Post
    On the rare occasions that I've been asked, I've told them that my church is doing missionary work there. I also once told them that I was sending money to my brother-in-law.
    dtek, we think alike. Except that with me, it is a subsidy for a school run by a person that I met in my travels, or just like you, for an in-law. It makes the lie easier to be convincing, as indeed, two of my brothers did marry ladies from the Extreme-East, and yes, I did travel extensively enough to have met people who devoted themselves to schools in impoverished neighbourhoods in far away countries..

I find that sending funds though WU online always opens a Pandora's box. But then, when I go in person to my local WU counter - located in a convenience store - the co-owner, a very nosy woman (no, I will not say "lady") wants more and more details, essentially because she's bored and wants company, but also for racial considerations.

So, if MoneyGram is an option, I use it. In Canada, it's not available online, and it is exclusive to Canada Post. The local counters, usually located in pharmacies, are always very busy and the clerks will not put you to the third degree.

Take care,

ST
    Helpful Delta L1011, jaders Rated helpful
    Likes Bellavista44, dtek liked this post
    Some perfume always lingers on the hand that offers flowers.

6. All you have to say is the money is a gift, that's it, one simple phrase. If you try to get cute with them, you're more likely to say the wrong thing and get your transaction cancelled. Why any vendor in this day and age still uses WU or MG is beyond me, awful, dreadful service by corporations that are in the pocket of the jackbooted government goon fascists.
    Helpful Delta L1011, Blackbird123 Rated helpful
    Likes jaders, SoTired, wildings liked this post
    Drug criminalization is modern-day slavery.

dtek has a brilliant futuredtek has a brilliant futuredtek has a brilliant futuredtek has a brilliant futuredtek has a brilliant futuredtek has a brilliant futuredtek has a brilliant futuredtek has a brilliant futuredtek has a brilliant futuredtek has a brilliant futuredtek has a brilliant futuredtek has a brilliant futuredtek has a brilliant futuredtek has a brilliant futuredtek has a brilliant futuredtek has a brilliant futuredtek has a brilliant futuredtek has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by GreenThumb View Post
    All you have to say is the money is a gift, that's it.
    That should be it, but the one time I said that I was asked how I knew the receiver. In my experience, a relative (in-law to explain the difference in last name) or church charity forstalls further questions.
    Helpful SoTired Rated helpful

8. This just means it has not been picked up yet by the person you sent it too, they leave it in this status so you can cancel if you've made some kind of error. Soon as it is picked up , youll get an email saying so. Normal stuff to see 'in progress;

I sent a transfer using WU online and the receiver is telling me they can't pick up the money but when I check it, it says it's available. Doesn't that mean they should be able to pick it up? Please anyone let me know. Thank you!
    Dggator

10. I literally told someone I was buying a car bumper online. Lol Don’t judge me.

For some reason I can’t start a thread.. but I have all of these questions and answers. Lol

Like I want to donate bitcoins until I’m a senior! I realize that’s not a thing.. but still.. bitcoins... are they really great?

My old pals were up for nearly a year.. today they asked me to WU money to.. what google told me.. was an attorneys office in NY. Good times.

I’ve since been scammed and found some things to share in the senior forum.

Now that I’ve shared way too much, I’m gonna go look around some more.
    Likes ludwig1961 liked this post

a car bumper lol, at least it's creative. i've never actually used western union but i'm sure i'd say something dumb

there are a few threads about btc here but i'm sure someone could recommend a better source to learn about bitcoins.

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.