Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Guilt about ordering online...

Quote Originally Posted by Kezrahboo View Post
    Hi all,

Does anyone feel bad about ordering online & slightly guilty? Even when you know it will help you?

Kez x
    No, since there are no victims, there is no crime committed and no objective reason for guilt when I order my meds through an IOP. The appropriate response to the invasion of privacy should be anger not guilt.

The reason for the law banning the importation of pharmaceuticals is political payback for generous campaign 'contributions' (notice it is not called 'bribery') given to politicians.
    Likes vytis drakona, Anne Onomis, jaders, snowy liked this post

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
  3. No. I feel nervous but not guilty. I feel guilty when I go to a doctor with a sad list of symptoms which are actually genuine, but I still feel as though I'm being manipulative and "drug-seeking".
    Likes Peaceful Rose, Anne Onomis, Ellyn, snowy liked this post

I don’t feel guilty, I get nervous that something might happen to my letter or I will get duped. I feel this is the right thing for my body to function to the best of its ability. Medical providers make me feel guilty, like I am faking insomnia and back pain that keeps me from functioning normally. I feel guilty when I let my family down because I am irritable from not getting a good nights sleep, not joining in family get togethers because of the anxiety and pain. I am responsible with my meds, but they are necessary to live my best life and Drs do not see what I go through everyday.
    Likes jaders, Anne Onomis, Ellyn, snowy liked this post

5. I don't feel guilty but I feel worried dont Want to have problems with LE. It would be hard to explain that to everyone around me lol but my health gives me no choice. Losing insurance sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkelly View Post
    I don't feel guilty but I feel worried dont Want to have problems with LE. It would be hard to explain that to everyone around me lol but my health gives me no choice. Losing insurance sucks
    I think this is more my worry too. I feel somewhat guilty but I think that is connected to not wanting legal problems. The healthcare in this country is abysmal and doctors don't listen. I'm really sorry you lost your insurance, that has to be awful

Omega_Human will become famous soon enoughOmega_Human will become famous soon enough

I would never feel guilty about it.
    The system in the states is messed up. I guess regulatory systems reviewing Dr's for how they compare with other doctors as far as amount of controlled substances they prescribe gets passed onto their patients. Some truly good Dr's are just giving up and retiring.

@ethom. I understand exactly what you mean. I am frustrated with the stress I feel during the process and the waiting. I think that is common here. I don’t think anyone wants to stalk the mailman and the disappointment that follows more than not. I have weaned off just about everything and have started convincing myself that I can retrain my brain to get better sleep patterns (as I sit here yawning uncontrollably) and find a way to stop the anxiety. I don’t have a plan... just thoughts and interest when there is information on a new supplement or vitamin that might help. I was gone for quite awhile and stopped ordering completely, maybe I won’t go back. Right now I am just enjoying the people & conversations here.

9. Thank you. Yes I feel same way as you. Hopefully it will get better until then I'm glad ive found this site. now just waiting to get to sr status lol so I can join all the cool people
    Likes jaders, Ellyn, Anne Onomis, snowy, Juno08 liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Kezrahboo View Post
    Hi all,

Does anyone feel bad about ordering online & slightly guilty?

Kez x
    No ; it gets me mad as hell. I work hard, pay my taxes. I have never been arrested. I hardly drink. All I want is a nice comfortable sleep one in a while and I really like some of the EU Ambien generics. I dislike the generic brand that my insurance company covers. I think everyone should be allowed a guilty pleasure once in a while.

At first I did feel guilty but not anymore, just nervous. I realized like so many others that because of circumstances we are forced down this road. Luckily I am doing much better than when I first joined this site 6 years ago so my medications have changed and I don’t have to order too often.
    Likes jaders, Anne Onomis, snowy, Juno08 liked this post

12. I'm so sorry to hear this. I am losing my insurance and its all a big scam. Doctors insurance and big pharma are a joke. Its all about money you shouldn't have to suffer. Thank god for sites like these
    Likes snowy, seashells liked this post

13. i hid mine for awhile untii he figured it out. now it seems i have to grovel to get a pill

14. I personally do not. I’ve been on this medication for many years and have a legit script by my doctor. However thanks to the war on drugs he’s had to decrease the amount per month. I’m just ordering what my doctor would have had me on anyway had his hands not been tied. I’ve been with my pcp for over 10 years. He legit cares about his patients and has no personal issue prescribing the issue. I used to work for the same medical institute for years and we’ve had many conversations about how the institute and insurance continues to limit his prescribing abilities. He’s very frustrated that he has so many other people over riding his medical expertise as a physician. I also work in the medical field in a specialty that doesn’t really prescribe many pain medications. However we frequently deal with insurance denying patients the medication we prescribe because insurance doesn’t want to pay for it. Same feeling with my doctors - why is the insurance company over riding their sound medical judgement, years of experience and personal knowledge of the patient. Just kinda an FYI if you think it’s just your doctors personal bias on medications. A lot of times our hands are tied.
    Likes jaders, Uncle Rob, Anne Onomis liked this post

blueroan17 has much to be proud ofblueroan17 has much to be proud ofblueroan17 has much to be proud ofblueroan17 has much to be proud ofblueroan17 has much to be proud ofblueroan17 has much to be proud ofblueroan17 has much to be proud ofblueroan17 has much to be proud ofblueroan17 has much to be proud ofblueroan17 has much to be proud ofblueroan17 has much to be proud ofblueroan17 has much to be proud ofblueroan17 has much to be proud ofblueroan17 has much to be proud ofblueroan17 has much to be proud ofblueroan17 has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrgirl View Post
    I personally do not. I’ve been on this medication for many years and have a legit script by my doctor. However thanks to the war on drugs he’s had to decrease the amount per month. I’m just ordering what my doctor would have had me on anyway had his hands not been tied. I’ve been with my pcp for over 10 years. He legit cares about his patients and has no personal issue prescribing the issue. I used to work for the same medical institute for years and we’ve had many conversations about how the institute and insurance continues to limit his prescribing abilities. He’s very frustrated that he has so many other people over riding his medical expertise as a physician. I also work in the medical field in a specialty that doesn’t really prescribe many pain medications. However we frequently deal with insurance denying patients the medication we prescribe because insurance doesn’t want to pay for it. Same feeling with my doctors - why is the insurance company over riding their sound medical judgement, years of experience and personal knowledge of the patient. Just kinda an FYI if you think it’s just your doctors personal bias on medications. A lot of times our hands are tied.
    Excellent points, Qtrgirl, easy to forget amidst all our frustration and fear. I can understand why doctors are afraid to defend their patients at the risk of their careers and possibly their freedom; the threats are very real... but then they need to do something.

Too many say they simply will no longer prescribe the meds under fire; others plan to retire from practice altogether. However, they did take a very solemn oath and most medics I've known have purported to take that vow quite seriously. Can they weasel out of it just by saying "I quit"? I'd say no, but then... what? I've heard a few docs talking union, but very, very few. Even fewer come to the defense of their colleagues when one gets thrown under the bus for "over prescribing" -- why is that? What are other possible actions? (that's not a rhetorical question!!)

Back to the original topic -- there's plenty of guilt to go around in this situation, but we patients deserve little if any of it. The little we might be blamed for: not grouping together to speak up for ourselves, much longer ago, and a LOT more loudly!
    Likes Anne Onomis liked this post
    Like a Bolt from the Blue!

16. Guilt about ordering online...
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123