Thread: Seeking some out side of the BOX THINKERS!!

Lightbulb Seeking some out side of the BOX THINKERS!!

I am trying to raise around $3500 for a medical procedure that I have to have within the next month. Doc says I must have it but he won't do it unless I have $3500.

So i don't know many people and I am not on social media due to my abuser stalking me .

I need some outside the box thinkers on how I could approach some local businesses and churches for donations for my cause (I would write a letter to go.with my speech) but just asking them for money won't cut it. .

So I am trying to thing of a fundraiser (not selling donuts an dyour usually stuff.).

I WANT SOMETHING REALLY REALLY CRAZY AND OUTSIDE THE BOX THAT MIGHT GET THE ATTENTION OF THE LOCAL NEWS .

part of this procedure is so I can be on a documentary airing on NBC in Jan about domestic violence survivors.

The surgery is three teeth that my abuser broke off at the gun and they are abecssed and I need my top teeth removed well what is left that he didn't knock out.....

When folks see my teeth they think I am a meth head. Thankfully I hide my teeth well and no I have never used drugs....

Any ideas my PR family???!!?? Hit me with your best shot....

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
    Hi feisty,

Sorry to hear about your situation. I hope you can get the health care you need. Have you thought of a go fund me web page?

https://www.gofundme.com/how-it-work...b3b6445e883062

Hope this helps,
    pmpl
    Likes karuna liked this post

I did but don't really know anyone to donate to it. That was why I wanted some wacky ideas to try to get strangers attention that my coworker is going to help me with lol

@feisty

I’m sorry for what you have endured and admire that you want to help yourself.

I understand that you need to stay off social media, but I am concerned a wild fundraising idea that gets media attention might also draw attention from someone you don’t want attention from.

There are many go fund me pages, so accruing a significant amount might not happen, but keep it up. You don’t need to know a donor; they need to relate to you.

How about a multi-pronged approach?

Have you negotiated with your doctor to waive or reduce the fees? Volunteer to assist in the office or volunteer for the docs favorite charity, to pay something back.

Have you gone to a local University that has a dental degree program? You can get the work done free or very reduced by students and the professors inspect and sign off on the quality of work. Visit all churches and places of worship? It might take a village/team to make this happen in short order.

Put together a truthful letter with photos, before/after damage –blur your entire face, and deliver these to other doctors/dentists with a plea, directly asking for financial assistance to repair the damage. There is nothing more compelling than the victim of domestic abuse stating her case and her financial situation in person. I feel it may convince funders that you have a ‘real” and compelling case for their support and in turn, this makes them more likely to donate and share your story with their friends and family and doctors and dentists to raise funds. Some doctor/dentist may offer their services free or reduced. Have a letter/brochure with this information that they can share.

Have you spoken to local shelters as well as national shelters and organizations for help or ideas?

I must be direct; this is not a subject I would want associated with a “crazy” idea right now. (Yes, I would be as eager as you are to be active and help yourself, and I would try anything too---hugs) After you get the funding and the dental care is done, you could share your story as you noted, in a documentary and contact local TV stations to share what happened to you, how you struggled and how you cared for yourself. Then have a fun, fundraiser for the community to support other survivors to pay it forward?

Setting up a car wash, a race, a hot dog grill, a tomato romp, takes sponsors, permits, volunteers and bookkeeping.

Whatever you decide to do, try it. I wish you every success and I hope you feel stronger for it.

I’m looking forward to the great ideas members have for you.

Hi @feisty the most obvious answer that jumped out at me, is to sell potential donors some rights to cover your story when your teeth r fixed. Perhaps some domestic abuse charities could steer u in the right direction there

Dobre
    Rom
    Likes karuna, pinkflower, ludwig1961, jaders liked this post

@feisty I'm sorry the PR community can't come up with more ideas for you to raise the money you need. I imagine how your teeth are a constant reminder and painful--that makes me cry. You should not feel badly for your broken teeth, but I understand how some might wonder why. I hope when you feel safe, you can tell anyone who inquires, the reason. You were a victim of a crime and you are now a survivor trying her best to get the medical care she needs and that includes more than fixing your teeth. There is a lot you want and need to do, including uplifting your spirit and calm your being.

Please know this, I have deep respect for what you are doing, saddened and angry for what happened and what you continue to endure because of it. I admire that you are doing your best to move forward toward a better life for yourself. I feel you deserve this, at the minimum.

I wish I could take your challenges from you.

Please take care of you.

Please
    Likes feisty, pinkflower, pmpl, sara22 liked this post

snowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond repute
    snowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by feisty View Post
    I am trying to raise around $3500 for a medical procedure that I have to have within the next month. Doc says I must have it but he won't do it unless I have $3500.

So i don't know many people and I am not on social media due to my abuser stalking me .

I need some outside the box thinkers on how I could approach some local businesses and churches for donations for my cause (I would write a letter to go.with my speech) but just asking them for money won't cut it. .

So I am trying to thing of a fundraiser (not selling donuts an dyour usually stuff.).

I WANT SOMETHING REALLY REALLY CRAZY AND OUTSIDE THE BOX THAT MIGHT GET THE ATTENTION OF THE LOCAL NEWS .

part of this procedure is so I can be on a documentary airing on NBC in Jan about domestic violence survivors.

The surgery is three teeth that my abuser broke off at the gun and they are abecssed and I need my top teeth removed well what is left that he didn't knock out.....

When folks see my teeth they think I am a meth head. Thankfully I hide my teeth well and no I have never used drugs....

Any ideas my PR family???!!?? Hit me with your best shot....
    Hi feisty. I think the man that broke your teeth should pay. See a lawyer.

Quote Originally Posted by snowy View Post
    Hi feisty. I think the man that broke your teeth should pay. See a lawyer.
    Oh he is also n jail facin 25years so he has no money. I know that normal fundraiser ideas I just thought someone might have something different and fun that I hadn't thought of. Thank you all.
    Likes seashells liked this post

10. @feisty, i had a lot of dental problems and finally got a relative to use carecredit and paid it back monthly. it took 3 years but it got done. some dentists will extend credit on their own, like for braces. unless you have a large circle of acquaintances, gofundme probably won't work.
    Likes Blackbird123, Rylee, pinkflower, VEDA liked this post

Rylee has a reputation beyond reputeRylee has a reputation beyond reputeRylee has a reputation beyond reputeRylee has a reputation beyond reputeRylee has a reputation beyond reputeRylee has a reputation beyond reputeRylee has a reputation beyond reputeRylee has a reputation beyond reputeRylee has a reputation beyond reputeRylee has a reputation beyond reputeRylee has a reputation beyond reputeRylee has a reputation beyond reputeRylee has a reputation beyond reputeRylee has a reputation beyond reputeRylee has a reputation beyond reputeRylee has a reputation beyond reputeRylee has a reputation beyond reputeRylee has a reputation beyond reputeRylee has a reputation beyond reputeRylee has a reputation beyond repute

@feisty I am very sorry to hear your story. Thankfully he’s in jail for a Long time.

I don’t have any new ideas but I do second going to the University in your area that teaches dentistry.
    I don’t have dental insurance and I go to my local university 2x a year. Well actually more because it takes them longer for anything the students do.
    I know the procedures you are looking to get would be at least 50% through them. And you can make payments. Well at least I can through the school I go to.

If I were you I would also tell my story to the students. They might have good ideas for help if you go there. I know my sister had a ton of work done after she quit using heroin after 20 years and neglecting her teeth and they did help her by using her in one of their brochures for advertising and that saved her a ton.

Good luck, I Hope you can get this done & soon.
    Likes Blackbird123, feisty, pinkflower, VEDA, snowy liked this post
    The greatness of a nation & its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.

Artknowsme is a glorious beacon of lightArtknowsme is a glorious beacon of lightArtknowsme is a glorious beacon of lightArtknowsme is a glorious beacon of lightArtknowsme is a glorious beacon of lightArtknowsme is a glorious beacon of lightArtknowsme is a glorious beacon of lightArtknowsme is a glorious beacon of lightArtknowsme is a glorious beacon of lightArtknowsme is a glorious beacon of lightArtknowsme is a glorious beacon of light

So if your abuser is in jail, you should have no problems getting back on social media, right? Jump back in and start asking. Ask the documentary people to pay you for promotion (this will require you to go in person to screenings, speak at domestic violence events and pose for media advertising) see if your dentist will give you a price break if he is named in the documentary. This is not only free advertising for him, but paints him in a generous giving light. You have to sell everyone on why they should help you out. What would make you want to help someone out in this same situation? People want to be sold on a idea and they need the story to get interested. Coming straight from you and seeing the damage first hand will go a long way for credibility. People want to be a part of the solution so they can feel their hard earned money went to do something meaningful. Appeal to that. Show them your desperation and what will happen without help. Then follow up with the procedure and all the ups and downs of having the surgery. Finally, give a follow up and make sure to thank each and every person for their donations (this is extremely important). If someone gets brought into your story and feels the need to help they will tell their friends and those friends will tell their friends. Call local churches. Ask to speak with the pastor and tell him all about your experience. You will be amazed at how generous people in churches can be. You may have to get up in front of the congregation, but it will be worth it! I wouldn't cheapen your need for money with a crazy event to get attention. To me, that goes against your credibility and would hurt your money intake. Besides that you don't need that. You have a compelling story - you just need to tell it. Set yourself short and long term goals for this project, so you can see your progress. There will be days when you will feel like your working hard and not getting anywhere, but those days are just filler and don't count towards the ultimate goal. Keep positive and in the end you will not only get the procedure done, you will also have the confidence and satisfaction of getting the job done by yourself. Good luck!
    Likes VEDA, feisty, snowy liked this post
    Counting on someone else for your happiness is a recipe for premeditated disappointment.

Great point! I am just scared and anxious when it comes.to.my story and my abuser finding me......even though I am now a new person.. literally.....
    Likes snowy, Artknowsme liked this post

14. is he in jail, @feisty? if so, you should concentrate on remaking your life. just keep up with his parole hearings. if he's out on bail, you do need to keep of sight. it's a little unclear how he could harm you from jail. do prisoners get internet privileges?

maybe instead of using the term "my" abuser, you could distance yourself by saying "the man who abused me." using the possessive pronoun always bugs me because it implies intimacy. you want to sever all connection with that piece of garbage. i hate that he still influences you.
    Likes pinkflower, snowy, taralumia, Artknowsme liked this post

He is in jail but has people searching for me this why I am legally having to change my full identity....hope that answers the question...and just because they are in jail doesn't stop them from getting to you.... unfortunately....

Farley will become famous soon enough

Have you thought about approaching people in Dental school and let them experiment on your teeth? Then say to them, you will get a local reporter, tell your story say what a wonderful job this guy/girl done. The trainee dentist gets free publicity and will stand out when he is looking for a job due to the news article and if that bastard sees it, then it is also a slap in the face to your ex, especially if you pressed charges and can name him. I asked in your other thread if you were from the UK? I think you are from the states? In the UK, they have magazines that will pay 1k-3k for true life stories. This maybe a way you could raise some money to have them done. Also, many people start a GFM, I am pretty sure it is cost nothing so it may be worth setting up one. I also sw an advert for adult flippers when I was in the states? would they be an option, until you get your teeth sorted? All the best .
    Likes bigmomma78 liked this post

Bawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond repute

You might check out the crime victim compensation fund in your state, especially if you reported the attack to the police.

What is victim compensation?
    Victim compensation is a direct financial reimbursement to a victim for an expense that resulted from a crime, such as medical costs or lost wages. Each state has a crime victim compensation program that allocates funds to survivors of sexual assault and other violent crimes.

What types of expenses are covered?
    Federal law requires that all state compensation programs cover the following crime-related costs:

Lost wages or loss of support
    Medical costs
    Mental health counseling
    States also cover other costs that relate directly to crimes of sexual violence, though the specifics of each program vary from state-to-state. Learn more about what costs may be covered in your state.

Where does the money come from?
    In most states, convicted perpetrators are required to pay court fees that serve as a source of revenue for the state’s victim compensation program, rather than tax dollars. All state programs also receive support through the federal Victims of Crime Act (VOCA), enacted in 1984. Each state has a cap on the total amount of money that can be paid out for any one case, and there may be limits on how much money can be paid per category of expense. According to the National Association of Crime Victim Compensation Boards (NACVBC), maximum benefits from states average about $25,000, with some states able to offer more, and some states having lower limits.

How can I apply for compensation?
    To apply for compensation you will have to fill out a form and submit claims to the agency that runs the victim compensation program in your state. You can ask someone from your local law enforcement agency how to apply, and in some states they may be able to refer you to a crime victim liaison who can help walk you through the process.

You can find the website and contact information for your state’s victim compensation office through the NACVBC state program directory.

What are the criteria to apply?
    Each state has its own requirements to be eligible for compensation, but there are a few general rules that tend to apply for eligibility.

Reporting the crime to law enforcement. Most programs require victims to report the crime within a predetermined amount of time, usually about 72 hours. This timeframe varies from state-to-state. Most programs will accept claims on behalf of child victims whenever sexual abuse is reported.
    Cooperation with law enforcement. All states require cooperation with the criminal justice system, both law enforcement officers and prosecutors, even if no arrest is made. However, many programs allow waivers for victims who decline to cooperate because of legitimate fears for their health or safety.
    Submitting a timely application. The deadline for submitting a financial claim can vary between 180 days up through 2 years following the crime, depending on the state. The person seeking compensation should be prepared to provide relevant documents, such as a police report or medical bills, to support the claim.
    Victim compensation as a final resource. Compensation only kicks in once other insurance options, such as Medicaid or Medicare, have been applied to cover costs or losses due to the crime.
    Likes Blackbird123 liked this post