Thread: House Call vets

therealchillax is offline Banned Reason: Had Issues with PR Rules and Moderators
    therealchillax has a spectacular aura abouttherealchillax has a spectacular aura abouttherealchillax has a spectacular aura abouttherealchillax has a spectacular aura abouttherealchillax has a spectacular aura about

Default House Call vets

My 13 y.o. female cat had been very lively, spirited, vivacious, energetic, playful, vocal and quite healthy and hearty until a bit over a week ago, when she suddenly got strangely quiet and listless, lying on the floor instead of perching and sleeping nearly round the clock, and not demanding that I chase her. I didn't get it. Her eating, watering and toileting were as usual.

Monday, I tried getting in touch with a cat-only house call vet, but she turned out to be a flake...unprofessional, not returning my messages or calls.

Next day, Tuesday, I was out of town until late at night. I got a good look at the cat and noticed that she kept licking around her vaginal area quite a lot. So, then, I caught a look under her tail, and it looked as though she'd been torn a new one, just to the left between her ******* and her vadge. It was very deep and scary, and of course she looked uncomfortable sitting. I wished she'd given me a clue a lot sooner, but there was no howling or moaning or anything but the sudden listlessness all that time.

So yesterday late morning, I called all of the housecall (mobile) vets I could find that provided service to my area. Nobody was answering their phones except one who charged way more than the rest. Nor had anyone returned my messages. I then called all of them again later in the afternoon, and finally a male vet returned my call, giving me info up front on his fees and how he loves and owns both cats and dogs. He said he could come late this morning, and we set it up. (I mention the vet's gender because these days, and in my area, most vets are ladies.)

He showed up today with his female assistant, carried my cat to his sterile well-equipped van (I saw photos on his site and read reviews elsewhere, all positive). My cat never lets me carry her, even a bit, without hissing at me and scratching and wriggling away. But these people had the magic touch and the cat was so calm.

After a while, the vet brought my baby back inside my flat and the diagnosis was that it was her anal gland. It'd ruptured from within. I learn something new everyday. He fitted her with a lampshade collar to stop licking the wound. Surgery and stitches were not necessary, because the vet said that after a while, if I kept the collar on her and dosed her antibiotic and subutex every 12 hours, that the skin should close back up on its own. He also mentioned that this problem isn't too common in cats as compared to dogs.

SWIM had never tried subs before and had a clean oral syringe of her own, and tested 1.5mg/Ml of the oral solution. It tasted shitty, but SWIM feels kinda hai. This was the same amount to be dosed to the cat, after her liquid banana-smelling amoxillin, with its own oral syringe. My cat is upset, and the lampshade is humiliating and degrading for my superstar to have to wear, but she needs to leave that wound alone and let it disinfect. Also, the vet had flushed out the wound in his van.

I may have an upcoming cosmetic surgery in a few months or so and there will be pain more than Tylenol can manage at least in the beginning, but I cannot tolerate most PKs. Kratom's fine if not for the constipation, but may be too weak for this kind of deep procedure. Last time, I requested cods - which I can tolerate - but all I was able to score from the pharmacy w/my script was Tylenol 3. At least I finally learned how to do cold water extraction. I now have codeine phosphate in case I go through with the procedure. Wondering if I could try subutex oral solution too/instead for pain management, because at least at a feline dose, I can tolerate it.
    Last edited by therealchillax; 08-24-2018 at 05:36 AM.

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
    Moon Shade has a reputation beyond reputeMoon Shade has a reputation beyond reputeMoon Shade has a reputation beyond reputeMoon Shade has a reputation beyond reputeMoon Shade has a reputation beyond reputeMoon Shade has a reputation beyond reputeMoon Shade has a reputation beyond reputeMoon Shade has a reputation beyond reputeMoon Shade has a reputation beyond reputeMoon Shade has a reputation beyond reputeMoon Shade has a reputation beyond reputeMoon Shade has a reputation beyond reputeMoon Shade has a reputation beyond reputeMoon Shade has a reputation beyond reputeMoon Shade has a reputation beyond reputeMoon Shade has a reputation beyond reputeMoon Shade has a reputation beyond reputeMoon Shade has a reputation beyond reputeMoon Shade has a reputation beyond reputeMoon Shade has a reputation beyond repute
    Moon Shade has a reputation beyond repute
    Taking pain medication meant for your cat is not cool.
    You are choosing to leave your beloved pet in pain ? For a cosmetic procedure ?

Priorities. Get some.
    Helpful Skeptical Rated helpful
    Likes jaders, Mecha, Carter, rainey51, Jazie liked this post

jaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond repute
    jaders has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Shade View Post
    Taking pain medication meant for your cat is not cool.
    You are choosing to leave your beloved pet in pain ? For a cosmetic procedure ?

Priorities. Get some.
    I have to agree. This is why vets are very reluctant to give pets pain meds now, and so our animals are suffering.
    Helpful Skeptical Rated helpful
    Likes Mecha, Carter, Moon Shade, rainey51 liked this post
    The cause of all suffering is attachment...

Skeptical is a splendid one to beholdSkeptical is a splendid one to beholdSkeptical is a splendid one to beholdSkeptical is a splendid one to beholdSkeptical is a splendid one to beholdSkeptical is a splendid one to beholdSkeptical is a splendid one to beholdSkeptical is a splendid one to beholdSkeptical is a splendid one to beholdSkeptical is a splendid one to beholdSkeptical is a splendid one to beholdSkeptical is a splendid one to beholdSkeptical is a splendid one to beholdSkeptical is a splendid one to beholdSkeptical is a splendid one to behold

Read a couple of posts and realized poster is an attention whore only so deleted my reply. I try not to feed the trolls.
    Last edited by Skeptical; 09-16-2018 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Poster just attention seeking
    Likes Moon Shade liked this post

Moon Shade has a reputation beyond reputeMoon Shade has a reputation beyond reputeMoon Shade has a reputation beyond reputeMoon Shade has a reputation beyond reputeMoon Shade has a reputation beyond reputeMoon Shade has a reputation beyond reputeMoon Shade has a reputation beyond reputeMoon Shade has a reputation beyond reputeMoon Shade has a reputation beyond reputeMoon Shade has a reputation beyond reputeMoon Shade has a reputation beyond reputeMoon Shade has a reputation beyond reputeMoon Shade has a reputation beyond reputeMoon Shade has a reputation beyond reputeMoon Shade has a reputation beyond reputeMoon Shade has a reputation beyond reputeMoon Shade has a reputation beyond reputeMoon Shade has a reputation beyond reputeMoon Shade has a reputation beyond reputeMoon Shade has a reputation beyond repute
    Moon Shade has a reputation beyond repute
    Op is banned now.
    Likes Skeptical, Artknowsme liked this post

Don't think there is anything wrong with my cat but at times she misses the cat tray and "pees" on floor.
    This isn't all the time, just now and again. Someone told me that it might be too much or not enough litter in tray but I'm running out of ideas on what could be wrong. Any ideas guys?

8. House Call vets