Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Look! Vicodin from a Popular Vendor sent these recently.

dtek has much to be proud ofdtek has much to be proud ofdtek has much to be proud ofdtek has much to be proud ofdtek has much to be proud ofdtek has much to be proud ofdtek has much to be proud ofdtek has much to be proud ofdtek has much to be proud ofdtek has much to be proud ofdtek has much to be proud ofdtek has much to be proud ofdtek has much to be proud ofdtek has much to be proud ofdtek has much to be proud ofdtek has much to be proud ofdtek has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Rockieroads View Post
    a dr. and a pharmacist told me some pharmeceutical companies are allowed to put up to 20% fillers in pills (pain meds) that is a lot.
    You seem concerned by the fact that your pills contain non-active ingredients ("fillers" or, in the trade, excipients). But it is completely normal for pills to contain fillers. In fact, 20% seems rather small for most medications. I just weighed a 10mg diazepam pill from a well known manufacturer. The pill itself weighed between 160mg and 170mg. With 10mg of diazepam in the pill, approximately 94% of the pill is "filler."

If you think about it, you'll see why this must be the case. A 10mg pill containing only the 10mg of active ingredient would be very tiny; too tiny for me to easily pick up! Furthermore, the chemical compound that is the actual medicine may not be elastic enough to be pressed into pills. Without the binder (another filler) I might have to weigh out 10mg of powder each time I took my dose.

There are a bunch of reasons ethical pharmaceutical manufacturers use "fillers" when making pills, and none of those reasons are to give you less than the proper dose for the pill. You can read more about non-active ingredients in pills here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Excipient
    Last edited by dtek; 07-06-2018 at 02:57 PM.
    Helpful davidpaul, Morals, tommygun, Denman Rated helpful

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
    ludwig1961 has a spectacular aura aboutludwig1961 has a spectacular aura aboutludwig1961 has a spectacular aura aboutludwig1961 has a spectacular aura aboutludwig1961 has a spectacular aura aboutludwig1961 has a spectacular aura aboutludwig1961 has a spectacular aura about

@Rockieroads I agree 100 percent that the pharm meds are getting weaker. You know, with all the scams and thefts made by the stinkin government, why wouldn't they too join the rip-off game. This country is going to hell and it is not President Trumps fault. He is one who is working hard. People need to lay off him a nd let him balance the budget again. He can do it if the rotten haters will leave his the ^%@# alone. Sorry for the rant.
    Likes Rockieroads liked this post

20% filler? dude, its more like 200% filler

they're allowed to have something like a 2% difference in mg to mg equivalent of brand name med.
    i.e. 0.2mg on a 10mg pill

some binders and fillers work better with peoples stomachs.

have you ever weighed a pill?

a pill weighs more than the MG it represents
    the rest is filler

so if the pill is 1 gram, and the content is 20mg
    980mg of that pill are filler

- - - Updated - - -

its ILLEGAL to put less than the % amount allowed.
    Helpful pink1 Rated helpful
    Likes davidpaul, tommygun liked this post

tommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant future

Always wondered why they put lactose in some meds,what else do they add to pills and/or capsules?I mean the legit pharma grade meds not bathtub stuff.
    Likes Blackbird123 liked this post

These are the exact markings/shape of the purple oxycodone. they work more than "Qualitest" and "Endocodil" which are sold in pharmacies in central/south america and barely work.

dtek has much to be proud ofdtek has much to be proud ofdtek has much to be proud ofdtek has much to be proud ofdtek has much to be proud ofdtek has much to be proud ofdtek has much to be proud ofdtek has much to be proud ofdtek has much to be proud ofdtek has much to be proud ofdtek has much to be proud ofdtek has much to be proud ofdtek has much to be proud ofdtek has much to be proud ofdtek has much to be proud ofdtek has much to be proud ofdtek has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by tommygun View Post
    Always wondered why they put lactose in some meds,what else do they add to pills and/or capsules?I mean the legit pharma grade meds not bathtub stuff.
    I found a web page (http://www.stevecarper.com/li/lactos...edications.htm) that lists four reasons why lactose is used as a filler in pills:

1) Lactose is almost tasteless except for a slight sweetness, making it an ideal filler.

2) Lactose prevents caking, presumably a useful trait for a chewable-type tablet.

3) Lactose can also be sprayed onto a pill to produce a shiny, hard coating, making other kinds of pills easier to swallow.

4) Hardly anybody is bothered by small amounts of lactose.

Now I don't know if the guy who wrote that knows what he's talking about. Most of the web page is devoted to figuring out ways to find lactose free medication if you're extremely lactose intolerant. But those reasons seem plausible.
    Helpful tommygun Rated helpful
    Likes Blackbird123 liked this post

tommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant future

Thanks for the info @dtek, you answered my question,have wondered about that lactose filler for a while now.Am not intolerant but i know some folks are,must be a nightmare if lactose is used in a lot of meds and a person is intolerant.I would have thought it would have been a tiny amount though,maybe thats all it takes to affect someone who is lactose intolerant?

Quote Originally Posted by tommygun View Post
    Thanks for the info @dtek, you answered my question,have wondered about that lactose filler for a while now.Am not intolerant but i know some folks are,must be a nightmare if lactose is used in a lot of meds and a person is intolerant.I would have thought it would have been a tiny amount though,maybe thats all it takes to affect someone who is lactose intolerant?
    Again according to that article, the average pill contains 12-25mg of lactose while a glass of milk contains about 12 grams of the stuff. That means you'd have to take between 500 and 1000 pills to consume the amount of lactose in a glass of milk. The only people who should be concerned about lactose in pills are those who would have a reaction from a few drops of milk. Those people must have all kinds of difficulty keeping away from lactose. I'm guessing you'd have to go on a vegan diet to eliminate lactose to that degree.

Also, if you're still interested in what other inactive ingredients are commonly found in pills, take a look at that Wikipedia article i referenced up thread. It has a bunch of interesting information on that topic.
    Last edited by dtek; 07-14-2018 at 06:48 PM.
    Helpful GreenThumb Rated helpful

By the deep blue sea and soaring mountains
    Rockieroads will become famous soon enoughRockieroads will become famous soon enoughRockieroads will become famous soon enoughRockieroads will become famous soon enough

I understand why they put the fillers in, my question was how much is tampered with the pain medication, if some is left out and added with additional fillers. I worked with a pharmacist and a doctor who specializes in pain management also told me this. I think they would know the most having to deal with the pharmaceutical companies directly and going to seminars provided by such. Will they come out and admit it? No of course not but my interest was how much of the actual percentage of pain meds are really accurate in the pills.

Rockieroads will become famous soon enoughRockieroads will become famous soon enoughRockieroads will become famous soon enoughRockieroads will become famous soon enough

I was not asking about lactose so I don't know where this went....my question or statement was that I was told by 2 professionals who deal directly with pharmaceutical companies have told me the percent of pain medication only can vary. Of course its against the law but how many drugs have been recalled in the past, how many products of other things we use have been pulled off the markets. We are told only one thing by the media. My concern is (unless you are a chemist and did this study yourself) is the actual pain ingredients the exact amount given in each pill? I don't care about the lactose and I know fillers are used but if the pill say is 10 mg, how much is being tampered with? Who is going to go up against big Pharma? It would take a huge corporate law firm and a great many people to file a class action suit. I would just like to see the chemical breakdown done by a true chemist, not Wikipedia or weight but done by lab testing. I had 2 people a pain doctor and pharmacist tell me that the actual codeine is varied in pain pills. If that is so , by how much. that was my concern for my statement. Where the lactose came from and other issues, I don't care about. I get why the fillers are put in. I would like to see a true chemist actually do the lab testing and not read what is on the internet as I really doubt the pharmaceutical companies are ever going to admit something like this. If pain medication got into packages of aspirin by error a few years ago and every joked that they were going to load up on Excedrin or one of the major headache pills, then anything could happen. Legal or not, it goes on and there is not much we can do about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting as Qualitest was ranked the 3rd as best company for pain meds but this is going back 10 years now and I am sure that article was removed as Watson came up number one and they have been bought out by Activis or some name like that.
    Helpful Blackbird123 Rated helpful

infamousryan, illegal yes, but not to say it doesn't happen. As I mentioned in another post below, pain pills were in packages of Aspirin one of the big ones like Excedrin or one well known of. They said it happened at packaging. The article said they thought they caught them all until an elderly man complained about the headache meds he got and the pharmaceutical company realized more got out than they thought. This was not on national news, but only made the news due to this older man and I think he got sick or something happened as he brought the over teh counter headache pills to his doctor. Do you think anyone would go against the big pharmacy companies in the US? Hell no, they control the government. Even if it were found that they were not putting in the exact mg of pain not fillers in vicodin, percs etc it would take a pretty big law firm to start a class action suit.

You are the only one that gets what I was saying! For sure they are, no one is going to take them on. It would cost them billions in a class action suit. And if they can cut back on the actual codeine in a pill, think of the money they are saving. It would be interesting if I knew a chemist that did the actual breakdown of the amount but even if they were tampering with cutting it down and not with fillers...I mean the actual codeine or morphine portion that would be interesting. But again who will bring that against them in a law suit. I doubt the FDA inspects even yearly the ingredients in medication manufactured. But you understood my point and I got my information directly from a pharmacist and a pain doctor who told me that they do alter the pain medication, maybe they are allowed to up to a certain amount but whatever they are doing, they are not the same as they were before this war on opiods.

The fillers I understand and what I should have said was the amount of the true opiod being changed or altered. It would take more than a scale. It would need a chemist that breaks down the chemicals as removing the fillers and seeing how much of the true pain medication is in there. As far as illegal? who is going to go up against the pharmaceutical companies? Not a lawyer, it would be a huge corporation with billions to start a class action suit.

- - - Updated - - -

I so agree with you about Trump, they keep throwing road blocks so the haters can say nothing got done while he was in office. I don't want to hear about a 30 year fling or anymore about the Russian interference. He won, its done and over with. I like your rant!
    Likes ludwig1961 liked this post

Isn't that Rhodes Pharmaceutical for the PR brand? I heard awhile ago, so many people complained about how poor the quality of pain medication PR puts out that certain big corporate pharmacies pulled them off. What we all have to endure and go through with the pain we have on a constant day to get messed with.

Quote Originally Posted by ludwig1961 View Post
    @Rockieroads I agree 100 percent that the pharm meds are getting weaker. You know, with all the scams and thefts made by the stinkin government, why wouldn't they too join the rip-off game. This country is going to hell and it is not President Trumps fault. He is one who is working hard. People need to lay off him a nd let him balance the budget again. He can do it if the rotten haters will leave his the ^%@# alone. Sorry for the rant.
    You are the only one that understood what I was saying.....weighing the pill doesn't mean a thing!!!!! It needs to be tested by a chemist to find out exactly how much of the pain medicine such as codeine or morphine is in each pill. Weighing it can show only more fillers and one person said it is against the law....yeah right like anyone would go up against Big Pharma who controls our government practically. The only true way to find out how much they are tampering with the pain meds is to have a chemist test to see how many grams are in it. Not weighing it, that made me laugh as what is on the label doesn't always mean it is what we are taking. More so with this opiod crisis. Ludwig1961 we must be of the same generation as we think the same. Thanks

Thanks for this but I don't care what is in the fillers as much as how much they are putting in the pill of morphine or codeine. Weighing a pill does nothing......it needs to be tested by a chemist that can do one of those 18 counts (similar to what some doctors use for opiod testing) to see if the pain ingredients shows up by the amount such as miligrams. And that is what I really was questioning, we could be getting more fillers than pain meds and who really checks these pharmaceutical companies? If they found batches with less than the opiod amount in a 7.5 pill, it would be kept quiet unless some one really blew the whistle. I would love to know a chemist to test one and see how much of the codeine or morphine is actually in a pill. But I don't know one so..... and I love my country and president but I don't trust the big corporate companies at all.
    Likes CrayonBox, millyeleven11, ludwig1961 liked this post

18. I ended up with pills identical to this after a recent vacation in Playa del Carmen. I went to a local Pharmacy on 5th Ave and was told they are 10/325 hydro. He took them out of a sealed bottled- not from the blister packs this brand usually comes in. I’ve yet to take one due to the appearance. They look identical to the photo you posted.
    Helpful Blackbird123 Rated helpful

Some people do care whats in the fillers though,it could end up making them ill.

Yeah they look pretty shady.

Much love
    Andie x

The white ones as shown in the photo above as Kodone by Cheminter that I had did not look pressed at all and seamed equivalent to a 7.5, caused no harm except maybe lesser then 7.5

The purple with the same "insignia" mark certainly looked pressed, however it was by far much better. And so I ate a few of the purple berries, 1 at a time obviously for 6 or 7 days and stayed alive. Not advocating for or against, just sharing about this product whatever it may be FYI. Would I take the purple again? Yes. But I can only afford 1 a month and a person would be crazy to take one and chase it with booze.
    Stay Thirsty My Friend

22. Look! Vicodin from a Popular Vendor sent these recently.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast