Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: SCAM ALERT: drugbuyersforum.org

1. Quote Originally Posted by pazuzu View Post
    I would never use an email source just because there is less background info, so you are giving your address etc to fiolks you basically know zip about.
    It seems like the height of folly to think we know more-than-zip about vendors who do have a website. They're not going to put any truthful background information on such a website, and what sort of information would even be reassuring? You're still sending money to a complete stranger with no recourse if they rip you off.

I guess I'm puzzled by what seems like some hostility on this forum towards email-only vendors. (Apparently even in the senior section, such discussion is tolerated, but not really welcome.) Seems to me, if anything, they're somewhat more secure because their information isn't widely publicized. One of my reliable vendors is email-only and a Google search of what information I have about him brings up absolutely nothing. He's virtually unfindable unless an existing customer gives you his information, which I feel offers about as much peace of mind as it's possible to have doing this.

I hope I don't sound critical. I've just found that puzzling as I've been reading through the forum. Either way, I would definitely not assume that a vendor having a website means that we really know anything more about them.
    Likes ludwig1961, calgal99, sillypuppiez liked this post

calgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond repute
    calgal99 has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by nobknee View Post
    It seems like the height of folly to think we know more-than-zip about vendors who do have a website. They're not going to put any truthful background information on such a website, and what sort of information would even be reassuring? You're still sending money to a complete stranger with no recourse if they rip you off.

I guess I'm puzzled by what seems like some hostility on this forum towards email-only vendors. (Apparently even in the senior section, such discussion is tolerated, but not really welcome.) Seems to me, if anything, they're somewhat more secure because their information isn't widely publicized. One of my reliable vendors is email-only and a Google search of what information I have about him brings up absolutely nothing. He's virtually unfindable unless an existing customer gives you his information, which I feel offers about as much peace of mind as it's possible to have doing this.

I hope I don't sound critical. I've just found that puzzling as I've been reading through the forum. Either way, I would definitely not assume that a vendor having a website means that we really know anything more about them.
    Hi, @nobknee. This comment is offered only in hope that it helps you, in some way - the previous post, that you replied to a day ago, was posted several years ago, which is (in IOP/Forum Time) several internet lifetimes ago. DB Forum has been a well-known scam site forever, afaic. As you have only been here for a couple of months, I'll suggest what I frequently do for newer members, here... read, read, read some more. Read the forum guidelines just for your own info, but then read as many older threads as possible. Then read some more. DBF has been notorious to most of us, here, for a good long time, and re-opening an old thread (like this one) is probably less helpful than would be starting a new thread about those motherf***ers, again, just MHO. [Please understand, this is NOT "a rule" here, and I am neither an @Admin or the PR "blog police", I'm just offering my perspective as a long-time member here. So, I really hope you understand and don't take offense, as that's totally not my intention!]

Peace.
    Likes sillypuppiez liked this post

3. Quote Originally Posted by calgal99 View Post
    Hi, @nobknee. This comment is offered only in hope that it helps you, in some way - the previous post, that you replied to a day ago, was posted several years ago, which is (in IOP/Forum Time) several internet lifetimes ago. DB Forum has been a well-known scam site forever, afaic. As you have only been here for a couple of months, I'll suggest what I frequently do for newer members, here... read, read, read some more. Read the forum guidelines just for your own info, but then read as many older threads as possible. Then read some more. DBF has been notorious to most of us, here, for a good long time, and re-opening an old thread (like this one) is probably less helpful than would be starting a new thread about those motherf***ers, again, just MHO. [Please understand, this is NOT "a rule" here, and I am neither an @Admin or the PR "blog police", I'm just offering my perspective as a long-time member here. So, I really hope you understand and don't take offense, as that's totally not my intention!]

Peace.
    Thanks, I appreciate it. I am reading a lot. I'm also trying to get to 60 posts without just babbling bullshit. But unfortunately, I don't really have that much to say unless I go back and look at some pretty old threads. Especially since I can't mention any specific vendors, so I can't use that to add something substantive. I've been told both about resurrecting old threads, that I should not do it AND that I should not start a new thread if an old one exists. So I'm not really sure what to do there. I'll shut up once I get to 60, I promise!
    Likes calgal99, sillypuppiez liked this post

I’ve looked back into so many old threads reading and see soooo many people banned for scamming or for shilling. How bad of a problem is this? Do people make tons of accounts and really sit on them for years to make posts once in awhile for “legitimacy”?

I’m still pissed at that MsUnInformed scam and her account was 4 years old with quite a spread of posts over the years. Not huge in PR but still that seems like such an effort to create those accounts and I KNOW she was a scammer because she scammed me!

Is it just a few dedicated people or... how does this exactly happen?

Brianna9 has a reputation beyond reputeBrianna9 has a reputation beyond reputeBrianna9 has a reputation beyond reputeBrianna9 has a reputation beyond reputeBrianna9 has a reputation beyond reputeBrianna9 has a reputation beyond reputeBrianna9 has a reputation beyond reputeBrianna9 has a reputation beyond reputeBrianna9 has a reputation beyond reputeBrianna9 has a reputation beyond reputeBrianna9 has a reputation beyond reputeBrianna9 has a reputation beyond reputeBrianna9 has a reputation beyond reputeBrianna9 has a reputation beyond reputeBrianna9 has a reputation beyond reputeBrianna9 has a reputation beyond reputeBrianna9 has a reputation beyond reputeBrianna9 has a reputation beyond reputeBrianna9 has a reputation beyond reputeBrianna9 has a reputation beyond repute

I don’t know, was wondering the same thing. Perhaps people just go bad, think they can get away with it and do it. I’m not sure but a I was scammed by a person who was her since the beginning. It sucks
    Likes Azzamean liked this post
    Why can’t it just be easy?

6. Quote Originally Posted by Azzamean View Post
    I’ve looked back into so many old threads reading and see soooo many people banned for scamming or for shilling. How bad of a problem is this? Do people make tons of accounts and really sit on them for years to make posts once in awhile for “legitimacy”?

I’m still pissed at that MsUnInformed scam and her account was 4 years old with quite a spread of posts over the years. Not huge in PR but still that seems like such an effort to create those accounts and I KNOW she was a scammer because she scammed me!

Hi Azzamean, can you tell me about the MsUninformed scam? What did she do?

That is in the domesticship2u thread. I’m pretty sure they were the same person but she blasted domestic vendors then vouched for this vendor. Pretty sure the vendor was her and she was being a drop shipper for someone. Sent out a few small test orders and then after a lot more people put in orders just scammed and took all the money. She was pming dozens of people as well. Looking back it was obvious to me...
    Last edited by Kerry; 02-17-2020 at 07:38 AM. Reason: Edit made, then "un-edited" - so no edit
    Helpful Mrs Parker Rated helpful

jaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond repute
    jaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Azzamean View Post

I only know of one person who had been here a long long time and then became a shill. I think he was "on the square" up until he got involved with a vendor and possibly became a "dropshipper" too. Turned into a shill because of it and was banned. So sad, as he was very well liked. Anyway, I'm just bringing this up because I think perhaps folks do start off as regular members but seem to get in thick with some vendor who promises them some good deals and that's where the problems start. This is just TOTAL SPECULATION on my part, because of what the one guy did, and it looks like MSuninformed did the same.

It's too bad too, since just recommending a reliable vendor is enough to sell plenty of goods. Why scam - the product will sell itself if the vendor can be trusted...
    Helpful Mrs Parker Rated helpful
    Likes Brianna9, snappy711, Azzamean, Gullible liked this post
    The cause of all suffering is attachment...

Quote Originally Posted by jaders View Post
    I only know of one person who had been here a long long time and then became a shill. I think he was "on the square" up until he got involved with a vendor and possibly became a "dropshipper" too. Turned into a shill because of it and was banned. So sad, as he was very well liked. Anyway, I'm just bringing this up because I think perhaps folks do start off as regular members but seem to get in thick with some vendor who promises them some good deals and that's where the problems start. This is just TOTAL SPECULATION on my part, because of what the one guy did, and it looks like MSuninformed did the same.

It's too bad too, since just recommending a reliable vendor is enough to sell plenty of goods. Why scam - the product will sell itself if the vendor can be trusted...
    I remember the person you're talking about, and one other who was banned for similar reasons shortly thereafter. It seems like whenever a forum member finds and recommends a vendor things go south pretty quickly, and I wonder if at least part of the problem is that the vendor is unprepared for the influx of new orders, and somehow the recommending member gets pulled in too far with the vendor. Just speculating, but more than one PR member has gotten into trouble after recommending a vendor, and in a few cases the vendor has also gone south within a few months. It's really too bad, as the community loses both the people who were valued members AND, as often as not, the new vendor. In the end, we all lose. I don't have an answer to that - it's just unfortunate.
    Helpful jaders Rated helpful
    Likes Brianna9 liked this post

jaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond repute
    jaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellyn View Post
    I remember the person you're talking about, and one other who was banned for similar reasons shortly thereafter. It seems like whenever a forum member finds and recommends a vendor things go south pretty quickly, and I wonder if at least part of the problem is that the vendor is unprepared for the influx of new orders, and somehow the recommending member gets pulled in too far with the vendor. Just speculating, but more than one PR member has gotten into trouble after recommending a vendor, and in a few cases the vendor has also gone south within a few months. It's really too bad, as the community loses both the people who were valued members ANDthe, as often as not, the new vendor. In the end, we all lose. I don't have an answer to that - it's just unfortunate.
    I would like to think (and DO think) that the mods here don't ban someone without very reliable evidence. I also hate to think that just recommending a vendor can lead to this, and that perhaps somehow the person recommending is getting some "kickbacks" to warrant the ban, as there are still many vendors brought here without issue. I also believe that it's important to consult the vendor first to see if they want the added attention and customer base.

I find this board extremely important and valuable, and given the nature of these endeavors, it's pretty important to have it monitored closely. Helping folks find what they need and not get scammed, is our common goal. So glad to be here, myself...
    Likes Kerry, halohippe liked this post

I would like to think (and DO think) that the mods here don't ban someone without very reliable evidence. I also hate to think that just recommending a vendor can lead to this, and that perhaps somehow the person recommending is getting some "kickbacks" to warrant the ban, as there are still many vendors brought here without issue. I also believe that it's important to consult the vendor first to see if they want the added attention and customer base.

I find this board extremely important and valuable, and given the nature of these endeavors, it's pretty important to have it monitored closely. Helping folks find what they need and not get scammed, is our common goal. So glad to be here, myself...
    I am also sure that the moderators don't ban people without good reasons and evidence, and there is a very good reason why the rules are in place. I just think it's unfortunate that some previously circumspect members have gotten caught up with "kickbacks" or shilling. We count on one another for honest information and feedback and shilling undermines all that. It's sad when it happens.
    Likes jaders, Kerry, surten liked this post

calgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond repute
    calgal99 has a reputation beyond repute

I know that I recc'd a certain vendor a year or so ago, and not soon after, several members tried them, and a few folks had some issues with them. But the vendor is still out there, and doing pretty well AFAICT, (and just fwiw, I get no kickbacks or bennies, nor am I a dropshipper for them or anyone else, yuck). I feel like it's worthwhile to offer up information to other forum members, when I feel comfortable doing so based on my own experience. I mean, that's what we're all here for, right? I guess when you get a really questionable vendor, with lots of complaints, that only one member is vouching for, it can raise questions. But if I find one that I have dealt with, and have had good experience with, then I feel like I should share that information, and let others decide for themselves what they want to do. JMO, of course. I feel like we're all mostly in the same boat, on this journey.

Peace.
    Helpful north19 Rated helpful
    Likes jaders, Azzamean, Ellyn liked this post

13. best shipping meds his number is a 281 Houston number . Scammer!

14. Quote Originally Posted by jaders View Post
    I've wondered what the difference is between shilling and being a big fan of some particular vendor or product. Get me started on my favorite coffee brand, and I am a shill! But they don't employ me. I just really, really like them, and on a forum dedicated to reviewing coffee brands, I would probably be evangelical about them.

I sort of assumed that "shilling" really meant the vendor themselves creating an account and pretending to be a happy customer, which could probably be uncovered pretty easily just by looking at our IP addresses. If my IP address suddenly started posting raves about my favorite coffee brand, and it was the same IP address as the coffee company. Hmmm.... Your IP address doesn't tell website owners very much about you, but that is one instance in which it would be very telling!

But, yeah, I suppose receiving money or product from a vendor in exchange for good reviews would also be shilling. Not sure how it might be caught, but I don't think I'll try to find out! It doesn't seem very wise to make such arrangements anyway.

I used to be part of an online company whose clients would send us samples of new products, everything from books to household goods to...well, come to think of it, that's how I found that great brand of coffee! We would receive the product for free in exchange for sending the company detailed reports about our experience of it, good or bad. Standard market research. It was great!

But then they started demanding that we shill. We'd only get the products if we started blogs to talk about how great the stuff was, or told our friends on Facebook and sent them screenshots. And at that point, I dropped out. Before, I felt like I was giving the companies useful information. And I not only benefitted with some free products, but became a loyal customer of some of the good ones, so it was beneficial for the companies as well.

But that wasn't good enough. To keep up, they felt like they had be deceptive about it.
    If you have come here to help me, you are wasting your time. But if you have come because your liberation is bound up with mine, then let us work together.
    ~Lilla Watson

Quote Originally Posted by nobknee View Post
    I've wondered what the difference is between shilling and being a big fan of some particular vendor or product. Get me started on my favorite coffee brand, and I am a shill! But they don't employ me. I just really, really like them, and on a forum dedicated to reviewing coffee brands, I would probably be evangelical about them.

I sort of assumed that "shilling" really meant the vendor themselves creating an account and pretending to be a happy customer, which could probably be uncovered pretty easily just by looking at our IP addresses. If my IP address suddenly started posting raves about my favorite coffee brand, and it was the same IP address as the coffee company. Hmmm.... Your IP address doesn't tell website owners very much about you, but that is one instance in which it would be very telling!

But, yeah, I suppose receiving money or product from a vendor in exchange for good reviews would also be shilling. Not sure how it might be caught, but I don't think I'll try to find out! It doesn't seem very wise to make such arrangements anyway.

I used to be part of an online company whose clients would send us samples of new products, everything from books to household goods to...well, come to think of it, that's how I found that great brand of coffee! We would receive the product for free in exchange for sending the company detailed reports about our experience of it, good or bad. Standard market research. It was great!

But then they started demanding that we shill. We'd only get the products if we started blogs to talk about how great the stuff was, or told our friends on Facebook and sent them screenshots. And at that point, I dropped out. Before, I felt like I was giving the companies useful information. And I not only benefitted with some free products, but became a loyal customer of some of the good ones, so it was beneficial for the companies as well.

But that wasn't good enough. To keep up, they felt like they had be deceptive about it.
    Well by definition, the word shill is: an accomplice of a hawker, gambler, or swindler who acts as an enthusiastic customer to entice or encourage others. Recommending something you "love" is a "clean" interaction, IMHO, and that's the whole point of the board, isn't it? But encouraging someone to use a vendor because we'll gain somehow ourselves, is "dirty" or deceptive (just to use a descriptive) and that's what I think shilling is. It seems so pointless because there is SUCH DEMAND for access to helpful meds, no reliable vendor really needs to "pay" someone to send customers. In fact, I think it's more often the case that a vendor WON'T be able to keep up if they get too much exposure, so it's sort of a fine line.

I have noticed where sometimes folks are reluctant to share a vendor because it makes them feel "responsible," tho and this can cost us access to new and useful avenues. There was a member who spent a fair amount of time searching the web for new vendors and would bring them to our attention. The member hadn't even tried several of them, altho just doing the searching was valuable, in my book, but some folks gave him heat for doing that. I thought it was extremely helpful tho myself.

All I can say is I hope, given this horrible environment of doctors no longer caring to help folks with their needs, that we can keep both the vendors and customers connecting...

16. Never had a bit of problems with DBG.
    There seems to be a particular hatred of starlite. Starlite isn't anymore prominently featured than any other vendor, it's just the longest thread. I just don't get the animosity from here, I've never seen a negative word about this site over there.
    The sites here that are "featured" are paying the bills, it's just adverts. It costs money to run a site, so pay to join or buy from advertisers who in turn pay the site; but someone is paying.

17. I ordered from a place on DBO. org and I got my package and it was actually legit. Sometimes things happen ....

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910