Thread: Scam site

Default Scam site

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL!

Dear Ganesh,

You have received a new private message at Pharmacy Reviewer Forum from System Messages, entitled "You risk being demoted from your current forum status.".

This is the message that was sent:
    Greetings from the site Administrator,

We noticed you have not logged on or posted in a while. So that we keep the community active and engaged we have a rule in place. If you do not post at least once every 90 days then your Senior Member status will be revoked. You will become a Lapsed Senior Member and lose access to the Senior Members\' Area. In this case you will have to make 30 posts in the forum to get back your full Senior Member status. Please make a post in the next 3 days to avoid being demoted.

Thank you for your attention.

To read the original version, respond to, or delete this message, you must log in here:
    https://[address redacted by Admin]forum/private.php
    If you have forgotten your username or password you will find a link to recover them on the login page.

Again, please do not reply to this email. You must go to the following page to reply to this private message:
    https://[address redacted by Admin]/forum/private.php

All the best,
    Pharmacy Reviewer Forum

I received the above email yesterday purporting to be from the site administer of PR. When you press on a the link it takes you to a scam site that's almost the same as PR in every way. However on the top of the page where it says "forum" and " new thread" there is another heading which says " contribute ". If you click on that it takes you to a page asking you to contribute money in bitcoins.
    Just wondered whether anyone has received the same email and thought I'd warn everyone on PR to beware.
    Last edited by Admin; 3 Weeks Ago at 06:06 AM. Reason: URL redacted by Admin

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
    I think the powers that be were trying out some sort of contribution system @Ganesh. There was a thread about it recently. Sorry it's nighttime here and I'm tired so I'm not being very intelligible.

It seems odd that you would receive a message that you were about to have your senior status revoked though because I've seen you around this joint a few times in the last 90 days. That doesn't make sense!
    Last edited by pinkflower; 3 Weeks Ago at 05:02 AM.
    Likes Kerry, Ganesh liked this post

4. @Ganesh , something is definitely not right. Thanks for posting.

ALL MEMBERS - AVOID MAKING A CONTRIBUTION ON THE URL POSTED ABOVE. AVOID LOGGING IN ALSO.

@Admin @tinmuning @Remi
    Helpful Bawston Rated helpful
    Likes Ganesh, Artknowsme liked this post

Sadly, I did log on to that site. Something definitely not right!!

6. Quote Originally Posted by Ganesh View Post
    Sadly, I did log on to that site. Something definitely not right!!
    You may want to change your PR password just to be safe. I have no idea if this is a legitimate development/test environment or not. We will have to wait until we hear something from Admin.
    Helpful Ganesh Rated helpful

Thanks for that @Kerry.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry View Post
    You may want to change your PR password just to be safe. I have no idea if this is a legitimate development/test environment or not. We will have to wait until we hear something from Admin.
    This is related to some forum development work which a programmer has been doing on a test version of the site. I'm sorry about this! I will take steps to stop it happening again. There is no need to change your password @Ganesh.
    Helpful Ganesh, Kerry Rated helpful