NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 1095 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: USPS, FEDEX,DHL,UPS..What's your preference?

fundus is a splendid one to beholdfundus is a splendid one to beholdfundus is a splendid one to beholdfundus is a splendid one to beholdfundus is a splendid one to beholdfundus is a splendid one to beholdfundus is a splendid one to beholdfundus is a splendid one to beholdfundus is a splendid one to beholdfundus is a splendid one to beholdfundus is a splendid one to beholdfundus is a splendid one to beholdfundus is a splendid one to behold

I would be more anxious if an international shipment was coming from a private carrier like UPS or FEDEX. They would be more likely to inspect their packages, and if contraband were found they would report it to the DEA just so they are not implicated in any kind of drug smuggling operation which would bad press and tarnish their image.

The sheer volume and lack of overall caring of what's in the package/letter that comes through the USPS would be preferable. Depending on the hands it goes through, or the port of entry may play a role if a package is flagged is certainly a factor. But for the most part, if it's packaged discreetly most packages are just pushed through the system. I personally think anything with tracking #'s are more suspect but I also see the value in knowing where your letter is.

Some vendors give tracking #'s that don't even work, so there's a false sense of security.
    Everything is self evident. -Descartes

2. Quote Originally Posted by Mira View Post
    Sounds a little like overthinking to me, to be honest.
    People order all kinds of things from all around the world all the time. Its easy to get paranoid and think anyone seeing your package will automatically assume its contraband however, thats really not true. A 5x7 envelope containing a 50-60 carat parcel of rubies looks the same from the outside as a 5x7 envelope containing 4 silk scarves and also the same as a 5x7 envelope that contains strips of meds.
    I know not everyone thinks the same way but EVERY package entering the country has a chance at being seized and I'm not sure if you know this but Burmese rubies are banned from export in to the US. (embargo against Myanmar/Burma) so really, the Burmese rubies are more of an issue to import than medicine. Reason being is that customs gives discretion to the customs agent when inspecting medicine. Thats why some packages make it through with the green tape. However, if that same customs agent sees the rubies, they have to seize them. No fuzzy discretionary leeway there.

My whole point is that no matter which POSTAL shipping speed you use, the odds of seizure are going to be somewhat the same. The odds of seizure increase with the usage of FedEx/UPS et al. IOP packages are a small percentage of the total of packages being moved around in the world wide postal system.
    I also know that people have their own comfort zones and thats fine. I'm not trying to change anyone's mind on how they make their orders, just trying to show the bigger picture that most people dont see.
    It's not over thinking at all, it's from experience of myself and from others . Like I said keep parcels small as possible I don't mind if you want to take the advice or not !!! It's well known China/ India are red-light areas , obviously small packages that get seized then you are really unlucky .
    There's many things / items banned from being sent as you said- my advice would help

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fundus View Post
    I would be more anxious if an international shipment was coming from a private carrier like UPS or FEDEX. They would be more likely to inspect their packages, and if contraband were found they would report it to the DEA just so they are not implicated in any kind of drug smuggling operation which would bad press and tarnish their image.

The sheer volume and lack of overall caring of what's in the package/letter that comes through the USPS would be preferable. Depending on the hands it goes through, or the port of entry may play a role if a package is flagged is certainly a factor. But for the most part, if it's packaged discreetly most packages are just pushed through the system. I personally think anything with tracking #'s are more suspect but I also see the value in knowing where your letter is.

Some vendors give tracking #'s that don't even work, so there's a false sense of security.
    There was another post regarding someone working for fed ex and saying once it got scanned etc there will be no issue ....wrong!!! I already said if I can attach attachments on here you woukd see my seizure note from fed ex , some advice people give unfortunately they may think it helps....it don't!!! ( I don't mean to come across as a know all not in the slightest but if I can help justv1 or 2 people with my advice / experience then to me it's helped ) trackers provided do help folk like us to follow parcels but with that it's getting scanned and checked an extra 3 or 4 times . So anything small with littke rattling I'd go for standard shipping - a good source woukd still send a receipt of shipping .

Pothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to behold

Don't have any really solid evidence, but i prefer FedEx.

But I do like the whole idea of my parcel getting moved around with other mail wih the USPS.

A lot of times it's a moot point because it's ultimately up to the vendor in terms of shipping.

I'd like to think vendors are one step ahead, but that's wishful thinking.

I did know a guy who worked for UPS, and he said his boss told him to treat all packages the same, even if they were "suspicious" aka reeked of weed etc. So that's a good thing I guess.

I think volume would be the biggest red flag. Whether in terms of the amount, or the frequency. I realized things were getting out of hand for me when I was waiting for the FedEx guy every other day for a while there. But he was always as friendly as ever.

I'd also suggest tipping the delivery guy. Probably won't make a difference in terms of the bigger picture, but they're playing an intricate part in me getting my package.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Pothead View Post
    Don't have any really solid evidence, but i prefer FedEx.

But I do like the whole idea of my parcel getting moved around with other mail wih the USPS.

A lot of times it's a moot point because it's ultimately up to the vendor in terms of shipping.

I'd like to think vendors are one step ahead, but that's wishful thinking.

I did know a guy who worked for UPS, and he said his boss told him to treat all packages the same, even if they were "suspicious" aka reeked of weed etc. So that's a good thing I guess.

I think volume would be the biggest red flag. Whether in terms of the amount, or the frequency. I realized things were getting out of hand for me when I was waiting for the FedEx guy every other day for a while there. But he was always as friendly as ever.

I'd also suggest tipping the delivery guy. Probably won't make a difference in terms of the bigger picture, but they're playing an intricate part in me getting my package.
    Your right regarding the vendor as basically little things how they package etc plays a big difference. How many of us have had parcels full of brown tape round them !!! That's not a good look !!

dtek has a brilliant futuredtek has a brilliant futuredtek has a brilliant futuredtek has a brilliant futuredtek has a brilliant futuredtek has a brilliant futuredtek has a brilliant futuredtek has a brilliant futuredtek has a brilliant futuredtek has a brilliant futuredtek has a brilliant futuredtek has a brilliant futuredtek has a brilliant futuredtek has a brilliant futuredtek has a brilliant futuredtek has a brilliant futuredtek has a brilliant futuredtek has a brilliant future

Fedex was sued in federal court for aiding in the shipment of illegal pharmaceuticals. The charges were eventually dropped, but part of Fedex's defense was that they actively assist law enforcement in investigating online pharmacies. See here: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...drug-shipments

In all the IOP purchases I've made, the only one that was ever seized was shipped FedEx. Personally I'd steer clear of any pharmacy that wants to ship by any method other than the postal system.

davidpaul has a reputation beyond reputedavidpaul has a reputation beyond reputedavidpaul has a reputation beyond reputedavidpaul has a reputation beyond reputedavidpaul has a reputation beyond reputedavidpaul has a reputation beyond reputedavidpaul has a reputation beyond reputedavidpaul has a reputation beyond reputedavidpaul has a reputation beyond reputedavidpaul has a reputation beyond reputedavidpaul has a reputation beyond reputedavidpaul has a reputation beyond reputedavidpaul has a reputation beyond reputedavidpaul has a reputation beyond reputedavidpaul has a reputation beyond reputedavidpaul has a reputation beyond reputedavidpaul has a reputation beyond reputedavidpaul has a reputation beyond reputedavidpaul has a reputation beyond reputedavidpaul has a reputation beyond repute
    davidpaul has a reputation beyond reputedavidpaul has a reputation beyond reputedavidpaul has a reputation beyond reputedavidpaul has a reputation beyond reputedavidpaul has a reputation beyond reputedavidpaul has a reputation beyond reputedavidpaul has a reputation beyond reputedavidpaul has a reputation beyond repute
    The packaging matters little, unless it's a blatantly stand out job. Let's say that there are ten different things of similar size all packed into exactly the same 3x5 size box and then put through the mail.When looking at those ten boxes they all look identical from the outside, like what they are,a small 3x5box. So which one has my medicine in it and which 9 don't? To find out it's a guessing game, pull it randomly and you got me, or not. I don't feel that overly disguising helps things either.
    Likes Mira, ANC liked this post

Mira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond repute
    Mira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by davidpaul View Post
    The packaging matters little, unless it's a blatantly stand out job. Let's say that there are ten different things of similar size all packed into exactly the same 3x5 size box and then put through the mail.When looking at those ten boxes they all look identical from the outside, like what they are,a small 3x5box. So which one has my medicine in it and which 9 don't? To find out it's a guessing game, pull it randomly and you got me, or not. I don't feel that overly disguising helps things either.
    Yup. Exactly that ^^^^
    Some people just get so wrapped up in their own bubble thinking a package stands out because of what it contains. No one but the vendor and the buyer knows what it contains unless it is opened by customs and a package of amethyst beads is just as likely to be opened as a package of xanax. Many international mail pieces look the same regardless of what they contain and packaging alone is not a sure fire guarantee of delivery or seizure.
    I try to get people to see the bigger picture but some just dont want to see it and thats fine. Cautious is one thing, paranoia is something else.

*Hope you're doing okay @davidpaul. Havent talked to you in a while!
    Helpful H20shed65 Rated helpful
    Likes davidpaul liked this post
    Seize the time. Live now; make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again. Picard

It what about using a mail box service like a ups box vs your home mail box? Do you feel one is better than the other? Why it why not?

9. Quote Originally Posted by davidpaul View Post
    The packaging matters little!!? Sorry totally disagree . For both my own and vendors benefit it's better to have it packed pretty decent rather than a load of brown tape wrapped round . Out of the 10 boxes you mention .....course the 1 with with the blatant dollops of brown tape will stand out . My vendor has labels and all boxes stamped and looks top notch - but also simple / professional . I'd prefer thst to a box no matter what size of a load of brown tape

davidpaul has a reputation beyond reputedavidpaul has a reputation beyond reputedavidpaul has a reputation beyond reputedavidpaul has a reputation beyond reputedavidpaul has a reputation beyond reputedavidpaul has a reputation beyond reputedavidpaul has a reputation beyond reputedavidpaul has a reputation beyond reputedavidpaul has a reputation beyond reputedavidpaul has a reputation beyond reputedavidpaul has a reputation beyond reputedavidpaul has a reputation beyond reputedavidpaul has a reputation beyond reputedavidpaul has a reputation beyond reputedavidpaul has a reputation beyond reputedavidpaul has a reputation beyond reputedavidpaul has a reputation beyond reputedavidpaul has a reputation beyond reputedavidpaul has a reputation beyond reputedavidpaul has a reputation beyond repute
    davidpaul has a reputation beyond reputedavidpaul has a reputation beyond reputedavidpaul has a reputation beyond reputedavidpaul has a reputation beyond reputedavidpaul has a reputation beyond reputedavidpaul has a reputation beyond reputedavidpaul has a reputation beyond reputedavidpaul has a reputation beyond repute
    @mrfedup

I guess you didn't read my post clearly. I stated that if there were ten boxes identical on the outside you couldn't tell one from another. I didn't say anything about brown tape, or any tape, and the point is that your package passes through almost every time unless it's pulled by random.

And good for you, your vendor packages so professionally, so do mine and a lot of them, I've never had any come with" blatant dollops of brown tape" on them, I prefer mine also to not have it overwrapped with brown tape. Maybe read the post again and you'll see what I was saying.
    Last edited by davidpaul; 01-12-2017 at 08:34 PM.

Gullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond repute
    Gullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond repute
    Both fedex and ups actively help law enforcement to stop sick people from getting their meds. The post office loves to do the same but are constrained by that pesky fourth amendment which the politicians have not yet succeeded in revoking though they keep trying. So usps have to get a warrant before opening a package and that is such a lot of hassle that unless they see or smell something obvious or get a tip they will not bother. You can't expect a lowly $25 an hour worker (starting wage in the post office) to do any extra work can you?

UPS, and fedex on the other hand need not worry about any of that paperwork so they open whatever strikes their fancy. To check for drugs and also just in case there is any cash or valuables that might need safe keeping in the workers pocket.

I have found ways to order my goodies domestically so they go usps and never cross the border. Here is not the place to go into that right at the moment.

I heard from a ups (or was it usps?) worker that packaging in a certain way reduces the chances of it being inspected. It should not be heavier at one end than the other, nothing moving around inside, no unusual shapes like 10" x 40". He recommended 4" x 4" x 6" as an easy to grab package that they like to see and are less likely to take off the line because it makes their job easier if its that size. Doesn't have to be exact but something close. Not a cube but a rectangle is what they want to see. Good luck getting your sender to pack the way you ask them to, lol.
    Helpful davidpaul Rated helpful

12. I used to order some some items from overseas and the Sellers got real good at perfecting how they pack and ship based on the amount of custom seizures. These sellers had a free resend if the item was seized so it was in their best interest to try to minimize seizures or controlled deliveries. They said the best methods were to use Non registered or signed for packages (looks like it is not valuable). Anyone shipping Fed ex overnight is saying the items must be valuable in some way to pay for that service. Since the shipping was free it was recommended to send several smaller packages rather than one large one.

If you go into the Post Office they have a Poster that says what they are suspicious of. IF the package Has Excessive Tape all over and Excessive Postage Stamps that is a clue also and they might inspect that package.
    Helpful davidpaul, ANC Rated helpful

Pothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to behold

I'm glad we're not getting too specific regarding packaging. But yeah excessive stamps and foreign lettering disturb me. Sometimes I wonder if the USPS actively lets in (or at least doesn't care about) fake/weak meds like Indian Ambien and benzos. Isn't there something to be said for a package that needs to get to its destination ASAP? If I have a package estimated to get to my house halfway across the world in a couple days, it can't sit in customs for two weeks right? I'm no stranger to buying overseas parcels, but most of you probably have more experience than I do. Anyone see a vendor put some Amazon Prime tape on a parcel yet? I'm sure some are by this point.

joebob is a glorious beacon of lightjoebob is a glorious beacon of lightjoebob is a glorious beacon of lightjoebob is a glorious beacon of lightjoebob is a glorious beacon of lightjoebob is a glorious beacon of lightjoebob is a glorious beacon of lightjoebob is a glorious beacon of lightjoebob is a glorious beacon of lightjoebob is a glorious beacon of light

@Mira I seen that aswell. Usps is the most preferred as slow as it is. Now if you asked me that several years ago I'd say different but everything you say is very true. My gosh if you got the DHL one I'd probably go into full panic mode. Slow snail registered mail is what I used to think was the safest. And still do to this day. I think that was in large part of never seeing my package go into customs. I remember saying how I've never had one go into customs and you said they all do. Well I had just never seen it. Now that I have an EMS package on its way it sure does. Not the best feeling but it's a roll of the dice. I hope the odds are ever in my favor.

One love
    JB,
    Likes davidpaul, Mira, ANC liked this post

Gullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond repute
    Gullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond repute
    As I recall another size that was recommended was 2" x 4" x 6" or any regular shape that is easy to pick up. An uneven package gets attention which you dont want. If they can see the impression of the pills through the envelope it probably will get through but it makes them look and they might check it out. This is very important for over seas orders because customs doesn't have to fool with any paperwork, they can just rip it open. The only thing stopping them is they would have to tape it back if they didn't find any goodies and they are under pressure to go fast. But they also get recognition for finding your meds so tell your shipper you want a nice even looking package or envelope

Do you think it matters if it goes to a house mail box vs a postal box or even a usps store mailbox?

Would anyone advise against any of them and if so why?

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12