Thread: Can packages sit in customs due to holiday/weather delays?

1. Default Can packages sit in customs due to holiday/weather delays?

Have had my first package in customs for a while. Last update was on January 5th saying it's still in customs.

Could holidays and weather potentially just be keeping the package held up? Or is it more likeyt hat it's flagged as suspicious/seized?

Thanks!

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
    Can packages sit in customs due to holiday/weather delays?
    Mira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond repute
    Mira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond repute
    My longest customs times are 26 days for registered and 12 for EMS. That’s from the in to customs scan to the out of customs scan.
    If your package is registered, I wold not worry about it at this point. It’s a bit long for ems though.

I would not worry about flagged or seizure at this time. It’s too soon.
    Helpful Taizen1992 Rated helpful
    Seize the time. Live now; make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again. Picard

4. Thank you, Mira! I appreciate your words. I won't stress out too much over this. Having a five month supply helps, but I always like to keep it stocked well.
    Likes Mira liked this post

Mira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond repute
    Mira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond reputeMira has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Taizen1992 View Post
    Thank you, Mira! I appreciate your words. I won't stress out too much over this. Having a five month supply helps, but I always like to keep it stocked well.
    You’re very welcome!
    Being well stocked is a very good thing!! You never know what might happen and it’s so important when we are taking medicine that is dangerous to suddenly stop. You have a good cushion!

Seize the time. Live now; make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again. Picard

6. Turns out my package is EMS

Hopes are a little low now.

7. I had an order arrive late via EMS before. I was never given tracking info but could look it up after I received it. Turns out it had stuck around at customs for almost two weeks over the holidays. I had already talked to customer service before I received it and since it was past the date stated by their shipping policy they resent it. I ended up getting an extra shipment. Felt bad but it wasn't my fault.
    You'll probably receive it eventually but you could get in touch with the site you ordered from and see what they can do.

Most vendors will make you wait 30 days and sometimes an extra handful of days beyond that.

If it is EMS and over 2 weeks since the tracking shows acceptance, I’d notify the vendor. They may still make you wait but at least they’d be aware of the delay.

If a package is registered, I wouldn’t notify the vendor before 30 days from an acceptance scan.

If you get a reship and receive both packages, it’s courteous to let the vendor know. Most will tell you to keep it but I have paid for the extra package when I received both. I like to stay on good terms with my vendors. I believe in paying for products I receive but again, many vendors will just write it off.
    Likes Pacarb915, Karebear1163, Luthien, Saoirse liked this post

9. I would have notified the vendor but that was the second time they shipped via a different method from what I had paid for so they get no sympathy (and no more business) from me.

Artknowsme has a spectacular aura aboutArtknowsme has a spectacular aura aboutArtknowsme has a spectacular aura aboutArtknowsme has a spectacular aura aboutArtknowsme has a spectacular aura aboutArtknowsme has a spectacular aura about

I think its the weather and holiday delays. Nothing to fuss over - just be patient.
    Counting on someone else for your happiness is a recipe for premeditated disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Taizen1992 View Post
    Turns out my package is EMS

Hopes are a little low now.
    I had an EMS process through fairly quickly last week but things change from one day to the next and 2 packages mailed at the same time from the same place can take totally different transit times.

Its possible it could pop out but once it hits 2 weeks in customs, the chances get slim.
    We did have weather issues but once the package is already here, that shouldnt have any effect on processing.

2 years ago, I got an LL for an EMS package. The letter came at about the 4th week or just before the 4th week from shipment. Dont worry too much about an LL. They're not sent certified so they have no proof that you received it. By the end of this week, let your vendor know you have not received. They may be willing to reship at that point, if they have a reship policy. If necessary, like if your vendor wants to wait another week or so, make an order elsewhere so at least you know something is coming.

I hope it shows up for you!

12. Quote Originally Posted by Mira View Post
    Most vendors will make you wait 30 days and sometimes an extra handful of days beyond that.

If it is EMS and over 2 weeks since the tracking shows acceptance, I’d notify the vendor. They may still make you wait but at least they’d be aware of the delay.

If a package is registered, I wouldn’t notify the vendor before 30 days from an acceptance scan.

If you get a reship and receive both packages, it’s courteous to let the vendor know. Most will tell you to keep it but I have paid for the extra package when I received both. I like to stay on good terms with my vendors. I believe in paying for products I receive but again, many vendors will just write it off.
    I feel the exact same way. I don't ever want to have a bad reputation with a vendor, because karma is a b****. And I also believe in integrity. I would never want to take advantage of a relationship with one for a few bucks.
    Likes Mira, Joantesch liked this post

I have noticed that packs are still taking much longer than usual. These have been non tracked items but what used to take 14 days is now taking 20-30 days - so I am attributing this to holiday mail clog up.

Not too familiar with EMS but I suspect the slow down is across the board.

Good luck - sending positive thoughts your way!

14. Can packages sit in customs due to holiday/weather delays?