Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weirdness at the post office!

luvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud of

Default Weirdness at the post office!

I recently placed an order with a vendor I trusted but there were lots of problems on their end, apparently some kind of strike or something at their post office and my order sat there for several days.
    So I finally get it Saturday and immediately knew something was wrong as it wasn't packed the way described but in a small brown business size envelope. Inside was a real greeting card that said THANKS on the front and a handwritten note (looked like a kid wrote it) it said "Mr.*** and Mrs.*** this is your usps love letter. Consider this a warning...AND thanks for the presents!!!".
    First I got really worried but then realized a postal worker opened my package and ripped me off....took everything and left the damn card! Now I'm pissed and of course nothing I can do about it except ask for a reship or refund. (It was a good bit of cash or else I wouldn't bother....plus I am trying to stock up some as we are getting ready for a trip and I'm still on a slow taper and now I'm totally out of Trams!) *nervous face*
    Thing is, I know most of the postal workers here and even friends with a few, including mailman and I'm pretty positive this was done at the vendors post office considering they had been on strike and unhappy workers, new people brought in to help, etc, etc!
    I contacted the vendor immediately but haven't heard anything back yet. This just sucks on so many levels! Well, just wanted to write about this weirdness....Has anyone else ever had this BS happen?
    *A moment of patience in a moment of anger saves a thousand moments of regret.*

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
    Weirdness at the post office!
    Japaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond repute

I sounds to me like you got selectively scammed.....
    Helpful Morals, Katey Rated helpful
    Likes wocka liked this post
    You can not define yourself in reference to other external coordinates, you must define yourself internally with your relationship with a higher entity. - Russell Brand.

luvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud of

Oh definitely and there's not a thing usps nor I can do about it! I'm so mad!

I'm still fairly positive the post office theft is on vendor's side, but if it is in fact on mine, what can I do to make sure it doesn't happen again?
    Do I need to get a PO Box or would that even help? Overnight ships should be OK as they always come mid-afternoon delivered by someone other than
    my mailman and scanned upon receiving.
    I am also wondering now if I should begin using FEDEX again as I've been a "USPS only" fan for many years now. I definitely won't use UPS but in other's opinions, how 'safe'
    is FEDEX?

One last question...I have a friend who works at my local PO desk and have called them many times over the years when I have a problem. Would it be OK to call and bring this to
    they're attention so that they might be able to help make sure it doesn't happen again...and that is IF it was in fact theft at my PO and not vendors?
    Thanks for reading! Any info/advice would be much appreciated either here or in a PM!
    Helpful ludwig1961 Rated helpful

calgal99 has much to be proud ofcalgal99 has much to be proud ofcalgal99 has much to be proud ofcalgal99 has much to be proud ofcalgal99 has much to be proud ofcalgal99 has much to be proud ofcalgal99 has much to be proud ofcalgal99 has much to be proud ofcalgal99 has much to be proud ofcalgal99 has much to be proud ofcalgal99 has much to be proud ofcalgal99 has much to be proud ofcalgal99 has much to be proud ofcalgal99 has much to be proud ofcalgal99 has much to be proud ofcalgal99 has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by luvspets View Post
    I'm still fairly positive the post office theft is on vendor's side, but if it is in fact on mine, what can I do to make sure it doesn't happen again?
    Do I need to get a PO Box or would that even help? Overnight ships should be OK as they always come mid-afternoon delivered by someone other than
    my mailman and scanned upon receiving.
    I am also wondering now if I should begin using FEDEX again as I've been a "USPS only" fan for many years now. I definitely won't use UPS but in other's opinions, how 'safe'
    is FEDEX?

One last question...I have a friend who works at my local PO desk and have called them many times over the years when I have a problem. Would it be OK to call and bring this to
    they're attention so that they might be able to help make sure it doesn't happen again...and that is IF it was in fact theft at my PO and not vendors?
    Thanks for reading! Any info/advice would be much appreciated either here or in a PM!
    @luvspets, wow! That's really obnoxious. How good a friend is this "friend" (at the PO)? If a very good and dependable friend, I'd say something like a relative sent you something special (a gemstone/pendant, some foreign stamps that you collect, etc.) and ask your friend what s/he thinks is the best way to deal with this. However, I'd be inclined to agree with your first reaction, that this was a ripoff from the vendor, because there's no real reason why anyone at the USPS (assuming they don't know you personally) would be so provocational, that's really lowlife, and if someone at the PO grabbed your stuff, why would they include a mocking "thank you" note? (Thinking good thoughts right now, geez some people really suck!)

Peace.
    Helpful Morals, luvspets, Katey Rated helpful
    Likes jaders liked this post

7. That's awful! If you're worried about your own post office then I would get a p.o. box at another office. Ups gives a real address for example. You mentioned that you don't like ups. But you wouldn't use them as shippers you'd just rent a box there. I hope you can get a replacement order .
    Helpful luvspets, Gullible Rated helpful
    Likes Keith K Stone liked this post

Morals has a brilliant futureMorals has a brilliant futureMorals has a brilliant futureMorals has a brilliant futureMorals has a brilliant futureMorals has a brilliant futureMorals has a brilliant futureMorals has a brilliant futureMorals has a brilliant futureMorals has a brilliant futureMorals has a brilliant futureMorals has a brilliant futureMorals has a brilliant futureMorals has a brilliant futureMorals has a brilliant futureMorals has a brilliant futureMorals has a brilliant future

Luvspets, you weren’t scammed by the post office, you were scammed by the vendor himself. Think about it, if it were an actual postal worker acting on official business, they’d have sent a standard “LL” warning letter. A rogue employee would just steal the contents or the entire letter, they would risk their job or take chances getting caught to put a “love letter” in there.

But I’m sure the vendor would do that. Think about it, that term “love letter” is slang within our community. Calling it a love letter in the card is a red flag. The vendor scammed you. Most likely he was out of stock, or he will offer a 50% reship, in which he sold you half the meds for the same cost.

One love.
    Likes cookiegirl, Pantherfan, wocka liked this post

MRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond repute
    MRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond repute
    I agree with @Morals. Years ago, I had a regular vendor go rogue on me after 10’s of orders. Suddenly, two orders never showed up. We argued about what the possible cause was. I made two more orders in good faith - they also never showed up. Never throw good money after bad when things don’t add up.
    Helpful luvspets, Katey Rated helpful
    Hannity Insanity!

10. I agree with Morals. Your run of the mill Postal Employee (PSE) doesn't know what an LL is. You were most likely scammed by the vendor. Sorry.
    Helpful luvspets Rated helpful

Thanks all, but I'm really having trouble thinking this vendor is the culprit behind the weird card and all. I am more inclined to think the problem lies with their USPS branch and not mine due to the fact that their
    post office was in the middle of a strike, unhappy employees and other workers brought in to get the mail flowing again...which my order sat there for several days so who knows had access to it?
    I already had a couple orders from this vendor with no problems at all and was on very good terms with them so I really don't think they would do this on purpose.
    However, since this vendor has blocked me and will not reply to my emails asking for a reship/refund or even just to discuss the situation, I feel I am being ripped off in that retrospective.
    I even offered to have them send a reship using a different shipping service and pay for shipping myself but either they didn't get my message and/or they are refusing to do the right thing.
    I'm stressed, out of meds and freaked out since this has never happened to me in all of the years I've been here! A real eye opener and one I will not soon forget!

Sounds to me you got ripped off. Id rather just not get anything. What a dick.
    Likes Katey, Keith K Stone, wocka liked this post

Morals has a brilliant futureMorals has a brilliant futureMorals has a brilliant futureMorals has a brilliant futureMorals has a brilliant futureMorals has a brilliant futureMorals has a brilliant futureMorals has a brilliant futureMorals has a brilliant futureMorals has a brilliant futureMorals has a brilliant futureMorals has a brilliant futureMorals has a brilliant futureMorals has a brilliant futureMorals has a brilliant futureMorals has a brilliant futureMorals has a brilliant future

Thanks all, but I'm really having trouble thinking this vendor is the culprit behind the weird card and all.

However, since this vendor has blocked me and will not reply to my emails asking for a reship/refund or even just to discuss the situation, I feel I am being ripped off in that retrospective.
    I even offered to have them send a reship using a different shipping service and pay for shipping myself but either they didn't get my message and/or they are refusing to do the right thing.
    Luvspets, I’m sorry to have to tell you this, but the vendor scammed you, and is now avoiding you. The post office has strict guidelines in regards to opening packages and confiscating the contents. A taunting letter is not within those guidelines, and failure to adhere to those guidelines could cost him his job. They may be unionized, but unauthorized package tampering is a federal crime, and felony. It is an immediate termination and an arrestable offense.

The vendor on the other hand, has incentive and reason not to send orders. You don’t want to believe you were scammed, you don’t think you were, because you had many orders that were successful. Unfortunately, that’s how a selective scam works. They deliver a few good orders to earn trust and get you to make some positive reviews or refer some people to the service. Then, when everyone is confident the vendor is trustworthy, they start takin some of the money and shipping bad packaging with a couple pills inside, or as in this case, a fake love letter.

The fact that the guy is straight up ignoring you now, is clear evidence that he ripped you off. I’m really sorry you are going through this, but I had to reassure you.

Last but not least, please do not send this vendor anymore money. They may finally send your order, or they may Continue to steal from you. It’s not worth the risk at this point.
    Helpful Katey, luvspets, Blackbird123 Rated helpful
    Likes wocka, Gullible liked this post

Without a doubt the vendor. They blocked you after this? End of discussion. No way any foreign postal worker knows the phrase "love letter" anyway. If someone were to take it, they'd just take it and it would end there.
    Helpful Katey, C&T, Keith K Stone, deephouse Rated helpful

Katey has a reputation beyond reputeKatey has a reputation beyond reputeKatey has a reputation beyond reputeKatey has a reputation beyond reputeKatey has a reputation beyond reputeKatey has a reputation beyond reputeKatey has a reputation beyond reputeKatey has a reputation beyond reputeKatey has a reputation beyond reputeKatey has a reputation beyond reputeKatey has a reputation beyond reputeKatey has a reputation beyond reputeKatey has a reputation beyond reputeKatey has a reputation beyond reputeKatey has a reputation beyond reputeKatey has a reputation beyond reputeKatey has a reputation beyond reputeKatey has a reputation beyond reputeKatey has a reputation beyond reputeKatey has a reputation beyond repute
    Katey has a reputation beyond reputeKatey has a reputation beyond repute
    @luvspets - I'm sorry to hear you got scammed and yes, there's no doubt it was your vendor. The reason being as @Morals and others have said, the slang "LL" and them not responding to you is your answer.

I totally understand, as others, can understand your being hurt by someone even though someone likely, like a vendor. I understand because it's happened to me (and others) here about a year ago with a very trusting vendor and they screwed us good. I think I was the LAST one to pull out of their big scam. I learned my lesson and it was a hard one. I hate this happened to you but don't let them drag you along anymore. My advice, if wanted, is to look for another vendor and tell them to "KI$$ Your A$$". Take care and try not to let these scumbags to get you down.
    Last edited by Katey; 1 Week Ago at 06:39 PM.
    Likes Keith K Stone, luvspets, wocka liked this post
    "There will always be a part of me that is dirty and sloppy, but I like that, just like all the other parts of myself." - The Silver Linings Playbook

C&T has a reputation beyond reputeC&T has a reputation beyond reputeC&T has a reputation beyond reputeC&T has a reputation beyond reputeC&T has a reputation beyond reputeC&T has a reputation beyond reputeC&T has a reputation beyond reputeC&T has a reputation beyond reputeC&T has a reputation beyond reputeC&T has a reputation beyond reputeC&T has a reputation beyond reputeC&T has a reputation beyond reputeC&T has a reputation beyond reputeC&T has a reputation beyond reputeC&T has a reputation beyond reputeC&T has a reputation beyond reputeC&T has a reputation beyond reputeC&T has a reputation beyond reputeC&T has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by boatbum View Post
    Without a doubt the vendor. They blocked you after this? End of discussion. No way any foreign postal worker knows the phrase "love letter" anyway. If someone were to take it, they'd just take it and it would end there.
    Agreed. A postal worker would just “misplace” the order. They lose thousands of packs, why not another one. No cute notes. Just another “lost” package.
    Last edited by C&T; 1 Week Ago at 08:58 PM.
    Likes Keith K Stone, wocka liked this post
    . . . the Jerk Store called, and they're running out of YOU!

Keith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond repute
    Keith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond reputeKeith K Stone has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by C&T View Post
    Agreed. A postal worker would just “misplace” the order. They lose thousands of packs, why not another one. No cute notes. Just another “lost” package.
    Postal workers would never steal your packages, mis-deliveries, absolutely, as I stated before
    what do you expect for those poor under paid Postal workers?

I would file a complaint with a Carrier Supervisor.

Supervisor Stone, how may I help you.

Do you have a tracking number?

You don't have one, let me talk to the carrier.

The carrier does not recall a package for you.

Sorry!

That's just the way the P.O. operates.

Now if you had a tracking number, it would go like this.

Oh WTF forget about it, I'm too tired to explain it all!
    Last edited by Keith K Stone; 1 Week Ago at 01:01 AM.
    Helpful C&T, chell55, Binky, pmpl Rated helpful
    Likes Katey, notcharlotte, luvspets, wocka, MRNUTTY liked this post
    Tommy's riding the waves everyday .... Yes, Yes, Yes...I'm Back In Black!... I DON"T suffer from INSANITY, I ENJOY every minute of it!...

Quote Originally Posted by Keith K Stone View Post
    Postal workers would never steal your packages, mis-deliveries, absolutely, as I stated before
    what do you expect for those poor under paid Postal workers?

I would file a complaint with a Carrier Supervisor.

Supervisor Stone, how may I help you.

Do you have a tracking number?

You don't have one, let me talk to the carrier.

The carrier does not recall a package for you.

Sorry!

That's just the way the P.O. operates.

Now if you had a tracking number, it would go like this.

Oh WTF forget about it, I'm too tired to explain it all!
    KKS, I swear I cannot ever tell if you're serious or what! LOL! I definitely won't be contacting any postal supervisors and bring unwanted attention my way, but you did however give me an idea!
    I do have that friend that works there (usps) who might help me without raising any red flags. OK...so my order was supposedly shipped in a box and what I got instead was
    the brown business size envelope (like usps uses) with senders and my name plus tracking number. I've heard they take photos of all arriving mail so if they went back and checked what actually
    arrived then I would know for sure who has the thief at their post office! At this time though, I'm not sure if my postal friend would even be able to access that info given the time frame as I'm not sure
    how long they keep the scans. I couldn't contact him until Monday now and that's going on a week since this happened...and given the BS he goes through on a daily basis, not even sure if I want to bug
    him with it, ya know?
    At this point I've given up on the vendor making things right, but I still just refuse to believe they ripped me off on purpose! It really doesn't even matter as I won't be doing business with them anymore and learned
    a lesson the hard way. I have to take care of things on my end though and if, in fact I do have a thief (with a sick sense of humor! ) at MY PO then I need to find this out! I'll mull it over more this weekend
    and decide how to go about this. Thanks all for the feedback! I know I sound like a crazy nut sometimes but I've never had anything like this happen as long as I've been here and I guess I should consider myself
    'lucky' for that but it was an expensive lesson to learn and it totally sucks!
    Last edited by luvspets; 6 Days Ago at 10:51 PM.

dtek has much to be proud ofdtek has much to be proud ofdtek has much to be proud ofdtek has much to be proud ofdtek has much to be proud ofdtek has much to be proud ofdtek has much to be proud ofdtek has much to be proud ofdtek has much to be proud ofdtek has much to be proud ofdtek has much to be proud ofdtek has much to be proud ofdtek has much to be proud ofdtek has much to be proud ofdtek has much to be proud of

is FEDEX?
    Remember that, unlike USPS, FedEx does not need anything other than suspicion to open your package and check the contents. They are known to actively work with LE to find and seize packages containing contraband. A couple of years ago a certain well known vendor (who shall remain nameless here because he can only be discussed in the senior section) decided to use FedEx when he had problems with the post office in his country. FedEx caught on pretty quick and seized a large number of his shipments.
    Helpful pmpl Rated helpful

wocka will become famous soon enough

KKS, I swear I cannot ever tell if you're serious or what! LOL! I definitely won't be contacting any postal supervisors and bring unwanted attention my way, but you did however give me an idea!
    I do have that friend that works there (usps) who might help me without raising any red flags. OK...so my order was supposedly shipped in a box and what I got instead was
    the brown business size envelope (like usps uses) with senders and my name plus tracking number. I've heard they take photos of all arriving mail so if they went back and checked what actually
    arrived then I would know for sure who has the thief at their post office! At this time though, I'm not sure if my postal friend would even be able to access that info given the time frame as I'm not sure
    how long they keep the scans. I couldn't contact him until Monday now and that's going on a week since this happened...and given the BS he goes through on a daily basis, not even sure if I want to bug
    him with it, ya know?
    At this point I've given up on the vendor making things right, but I still just refuse to believe they ripped me off on purpose! It really doesn't even matter as I won't be doing business with them anymore and learned
    a lesson the hard way. I have to take care of things on my end though and if, in fact I do have a thief (with a sick sense of humor! ) at MY PO then I need to find this out! I'll mull it over more this weekend
    and decide how to go about this. Thanks all for the feedback! I know I sound like a crazy nut sometimes but I've never had anything like this happen as long as I've been here and I guess I should consider myself
    'lucky' for that but it was an expensive lesson to learn and it totally sucks!
    I 100% would not call even a close friend for help with this. Nothing good can come of that. Worst case scenario, they've been watching someone who they think is opening and stealing packages for a while now and he gets caught and your friend who thinks he's helping you brings this up and the thief admits what he stole from you. Now your name is caught up in a federal investigation. The vendor blocked you so it's not like you'll be using that vendor again, so what exactly are you trying to accomplish? You have to think of it from this stand point...postal workers are committing a felony if they open your package except under strict inspection guidelines with multiple people present and lots of documentation. If a worker was going to do it anyway to steal the contents, the last thing on earth he would do is stick something inside the envelope that says "this was stolen at the post office." What does he stand to gain by putting that card in there? Now I do know someone who has a very good reason to want to make it look like the post office---and that's your vendor. People who do shady things don't include something that points the finger at themselves. If you're up to no good you want to make darn sure it looks like someone else did it...i.e. if you scam someone you make it look like a postal worker stole it. Especially since he blocked you. Any honest vendor would have at least had a conversation with you to try to figure out what happened even if they weren't going to send you a re-ship. This vendor took your money, sent you card trying to make it look like it was someone else, and then blocked you. It's a pretty open and shut case. As for trying to find out anything more than that, all that can do is attract attention to you and being that you're on here, I don't think you want any extra attention regarding your postal deliveries. I'd take it as a lesson learned and move on with a better vendor. I'm sorry this happened to you and I hope you have better luck in the future. Karma will get him.
    Helpful pmpl, dtek, Morals, luvspets Rated helpful
    Likes Keith K Stone, boatbum liked this post

[QUOTE=luvspets;918554]... this vendor has blocked me and will not reply to my emails asking for a reship/refund or even just to discuss the situation...QUOTE]
    If you send the vendor an email stating you are confused and want to send them more money to "resolve" the problem and they unblock you to discuss the situation you can be more assured of who scammed you.
    Helpful wocka Rated helpful
    Likes Keith K Stone, ludwig1961, snowy, Irvin_A liked this post

22. Weirdness at the post office!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast