Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 32 of 32

Thread: Is checking tracking too often "risky"?

  1. #21
    I'm sorry I started this thread, frankly. It was a genuine question from someone new to this world. I haven't been doing it long enough to have developed a cavalier attitude to it and I don't have money to risk. I just need one and only one medication to help my crippling anxiety. Customs is very strict where I live and I was asking because even some vendors have this on their website, plus it is talked about in other forums. I am not paranoid and I am not a tin-foil hatter - whatever that is. I know next-to-nothing about the intricacies of tracking a parcel and I find the details very boring. It is a tool for me to use, nothing more. I'm pleased you all had a jolly joke between yourselves though. I shall be ignoring this thread now because I thought this was a nice, friendly and helpful forum, not one that mocks newcomers for asking a perfectly reasonable question.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    USA the far north
    Posts
    2,541
    davidpaul has a reputation beyond reputedavidpaul has a reputation beyond reputedavidpaul has a reputation beyond reputedavidpaul has a reputation beyond reputedavidpaul has a reputation beyond reputedavidpaul has a reputation beyond reputedavidpaul has a reputation beyond reputedavidpaul has a reputation beyond reputedavidpaul has a reputation beyond reputedavidpaul has a reputation beyond reputedavidpaul has a reputation beyond reputedavidpaul has a reputation beyond reputedavidpaul has a reputation beyond reputedavidpaul has a reputation beyond reputedavidpaul has a reputation beyond reputedavidpaul has a reputation beyond reputedavidpaul has a reputation beyond reputedavidpaul has a reputation beyond reputedavidpaul has a reputation beyond reputedavidpaul has a reputation beyond repute
    davidpaul has a reputation beyond reputedavidpaul has a reputation beyond reputedavidpaul has a reputation beyond reputedavidpaul has a reputation beyond reputedavidpaul has a reputation beyond reputedavidpaul has a reputation beyond reputedavidpaul has a reputation beyond reputedavidpaul has a reputation beyond repute
    @MissieMiss

    In case you do happen to check back to your thread, please don't take the joking around as 'being made fun of." it's just some bs between friends and has been going on for some time when these type of threads come up, and at least from me it was not directed personally toward you in any way. I would like to apologize if you have taken it as a direct insult on my part toward you.

    And I do think your question was a good reasonable one, which I again hope you can understand that I am not in any way trying to demean or belittle. I did make a pretty sarcastic post but it was not meant to be taken as directly toward you, more as my viewpoint on how so many people do blow things out of proportion and get way overboard in worrying over the things none of us can really control.

    I have written some pretty funny fictional threads making a comedy out of what some people do when waiting on a package, and the reason I know all of the things I say is because I've been there and done that before. And another thing I want to make my posts clear about, not to you but to those who do have genuine anxiety and panic issues, I truly don't mean to make light of a situation which someone is living in reality.

    I hope that you will not feel so off put and offended that this has pushed you to want to drop from the forum or stop posting, it was not my intention at all for that to happen. Had I noticed your post sooner I would have explained myself sooner. This forum really is full of nice people and though you might not think so at the moment, I am one of them, really.

    I think if you do stick around you will find that it is a good place to be, and you'll find the help you need for being here. So again, I do make an apology in seeing that you were so upset by the satire.

    You know what, just track away, that's what it's there for.
    Last edited by davidpaul; 10-14-2018 at 07:50 PM.
    Helpful Mrs Parker Rated helpful
    Likes Krang, songsiren liked this post

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Hogwarts
    Posts
    1,395
    jaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond repute
    jaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by MissieMiss View Post
    I'm sorry I started this thread, frankly. It was a genuine question from someone new to this world. I haven't been doing it long enough to have developed a cavalier attitude to it and I don't have money to risk. I just need one and only one medication to help my crippling anxiety. Customs is very strict where I live and I was asking because even some vendors have this on their website, plus it is talked about in other forums. I am not paranoid and I am not a tin-foil hatter - whatever that is. I know next-to-nothing about the intricacies of tracking a parcel and I find the details very boring. It is a tool for me to use, nothing more. I'm pleased you all had a jolly joke between yourselves though. I shall be ignoring this thread now because I thought this was a nice, friendly and helpful forum, not one that mocks newcomers for asking a perfectly reasonable question.
    Hey @MissyMiss. I've been following this thread, as I think most folks here have a tendency to track quite a bit, (meaning you're not alone) since the whole IOP ordering IS often a stressful pain in the a**. I think everyone gave some thoughtful answers to your question and then some self-effacing humor took place. I didn't read any of it as mocking you, but just the issues we all go thru in this biz. I know all the three folks who provided the entertaining messages and any one of them would help you with good advice at any time, so please try to see that it was not negatively aimed at you in the least.

    The fact that you're looking for an anxiety med probably makes all of this even worse, but hang in there. You'll find what you need, and this really is a great forum. Don't let one misunderstood thread ruin it for you!

    Best of luck with your next order, too...
    Helpful Mrs Parker Rated helpful
    Likes davidpaul, songsiren liked this post
    The cause of all suffering is attachment...

  4. #24
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Talos IV
    Posts
    2,551
    MRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond repute
    MRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond repute
    My responses were to directed at the class of question that gets asked a lot, but never resolved because nobody really knows, not you personally. Unanswerable questions just stir the pot, and nobody is satisfied with what follows.
    Last edited by MRNUTTY; 10-14-2018 at 08:36 PM.
    Likes Mrs Parker, davidpaul, Krang, songsiren liked this post
    We as Americans deserve better than leader(s) for whom shady dealings are both normal and acceptable.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkflower View Post
    I'm sorry I started this thread, frankly. It was a genuine question from someone new to this world. I haven't been doing it long enough to have developed a cavalier attitude to it and I don't have money to risk. I just need one and only one medication to help my crippling anxiety. Customs is very strict where I live and I was asking because even some vendors have this on their website, plus it is talked about in other forums. I am not paranoid and I am not a tin-foil hatter - whatever that is. I know next-to-nothing about the intricacies of tracking a parcel and I find the details very boring. It is a tool for me to use, nothing more. I'm pleased you all had a jolly joke between yourselves though. I shall be ignoring this thread now because I thought this was a nice, friendly and helpful forum, not one that mocks newcomers for asking a perfectly reasonable question.
    I don't think there was anything particularly paranoid about your question. I've seen this same question come up very often.

    I think the brunt of @davidpaul 's post wasn't directed at you but more at the responses(like mine), because I mentioned that I use a VPN for all "purchase-related" online interactions and that I won't sign for any "special packages". Which btw, I didn't mean that these kind of things could be used to find you or what you're ordering, but that they could be used as proof to link you to a shipment after you were "found out", as @MRNUTTY mentioned.

    Either way, even though I disagree with some of davidpaul's post, I still felt like he meant it in a good-spirited, light-hearted way. So far my experience on this board has been that everyone is very friendly and just trying to help each other. So, I hope you keep posting @pinkflower

    Now, excuse me while I put my tin foil hat back on...
    Likes jaders, MRNUTTY liked this post
    “Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.” -Joseph Heller

  6. Quote Originally Posted by pinkflower View Post
    My first order from a reputable vendor was sent with a tracking number - which I checked very frequently. This item was seized and destroyed upon entry to this country. Would my near-obsessive checking on the tracking have increased the chances of it being seized?

    I also sent the tracking number to a friend in another country who was checking it also. It was fun for us to both be following the journey of the item and to have her sharing this with me. Would her tracking it as well as me have increased the likelihood of it being seized? If so, why?

    I have read that it is better to have an order sent by ordinary mail without tracking - that it is more likely to get through safely if sent this way.

    But then, many reputable vendors send their goods by tracked post - and if people have a tracking number, they're gonna check it, surely?

    Can anyone help me with this? Is a tracked parcel more likely to be seized, and if so, why? I'm very puzzled by this.

    Thanks.
    The conclusion of the tread is that checking to often is risky for someones "health and mental wellbeing" less about it being successful in customs, etc. Good luck
    Likes MRNUTTY liked this post

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkflower View Post
    I'm sorry I started this thread, frankly. It was a genuine question from someone new to this world. I haven't been doing it long enough to have developed a cavalier attitude to it and I don't have money to risk. I just need one and only one medication to help my crippling anxiety. Customs is very strict where I live and I was asking because even some vendors have this on their website, plus it is talked about in other forums. I am not paranoid and I am not a tin-foil hatter - whatever that is. I know next-to-nothing about the intricacies of tracking a parcel and I find the details very boring. It is a tool for me to use, nothing more. I'm pleased you all had a jolly joke between yourselves though. I shall be ignoring this thread now because I thought this was a nice, friendly and helpful forum, not one that mocks newcomers for asking a perfectly reasonable question.
    I know this is an older thread, so apologies for the very delayed response. @pinkflower I am glad you posted this question; it’s absolutely valuable, and I am certain many other members on this site are concerned about same issue and benefitted from the constructive responses to your query.
    Likes pinkflower, JustAnotherDay, gitmein liked this post

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    138
    Mac Fandango will become famous soon enoughMac Fandango will become famous soon enoughMac Fandango will become famous soon enough

    Just to throw a curve ball, I have a package on the way and it was agreed there would be no tracking number, yes it's just another way to go : )
    Hope everyone's having a good day/evening ; )
    Helpful Cll Rated helpful
    Likes pinkflower liked this post

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    The South
    Posts
    90
    Cll will become famous soon enoughCll will become famous soon enoughCll will become famous soon enough

    Hmmm I am a newbie at all if this. I have always had a tracking number but have only used same vendor. Is no tracking number safer way to go? I don’t think my vendor offers that but maybe I should ask?
    Likes pinkflower liked this post

  10. #30
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Talos IV
    Posts
    2,551
    MRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond repute
    MRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Cll View Post
    Hmmm I am a newbie at all if this. I have always had a tracking number but have only used same vendor. Is no tracking number safer way to go? I don’t think my vendor offers that but maybe I should ask?
    Actually tracking is one of the best way to avoid getting caught. If you know when it’s delivered, then you can decide to pick it up. If you don’t know, then you’re at the mercy of your mailbox and the mystery inside. THEY know where the package is, and you don’t. You’re at a much better advantage knowing where your package then you know when to check for watchers.

    There is no evidence that checking tracking is anything more than a convenience. There are mountains of speculation about this and no conclusions. However, if LE knows you have drugs they’ll get you regardless of tracking.

    I wouldn’t give this a second thought (again) until they implemented capta’s to eliminate machine checking of status. Even then, how much is too much? Honestly, currently it would be a very poor indicator of illegal packages.
    Last edited by MRNUTTY; 3 Weeks Ago at 08:09 PM.
    Likes jaders, Toby2000 liked this post
    We as Americans deserve better than leader(s) for whom shady dealings are both normal and acceptable.

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    138
    Mac Fandango will become famous soon enoughMac Fandango will become famous soon enoughMac Fandango will become famous soon enough

    Sorry, my bad wording ; ) it's not a package, it's just a letter which blends in with all the rest of my bills and whatnot so no knock on the door or
    leaving a pink slip in the mail box or on the door to pick up at the PO, no signature. Just another piece of mail. I'm new at this too, if it were a package I would readjust ; )
    Likes pinkflower liked this post

  12. Quote Originally Posted by pinkflower View Post
    Thank you for the replies. It wasn't my paranoia expressing itself - it was what I had read in discussions by people whose opinions I value and I have also seen it stated on the website of at least one reputable vendor.
    I think you maybe heard that from the same "reputable vendor" who told me the same thing---and then failed to send me anything at all. How convenient for him, huh? I'm finding more and more stories of this same vendor, who is pretty well known and considered reputable by those he hasn't ripped off yet, that he won't use tracking for security reasons. It's just a cover for his scam.

    I'll never use one again who DOESN'T provide tracking. They could still scam me, but they're not making it quite as easy for themselves.
    Last edited by nobknee; 2 Weeks Ago at 02:59 AM. Reason: Spelling
    Helpful pinkflower, Mrs Parker Rated helpful

  13.  
    Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Is my BP too low??
    By Wabbitt in forum Antihypertensives (Blood-pressure reducing drugs)
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 10-29-2018, 08:06 AM
  2. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-24-2014, 06:46 PM
  3. Checking tracking number once a day?
    By MellowMind in forum Shipping / tracking discussion
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 10-03-2012, 01:48 AM
  4. is excercise good with in conjunction with taking klonopin daily?also is my dose too high
    By john in forum Overcoming anxiety, and all about anti-anxiety drugs and sedatives
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-13-2009, 10:37 PM
  5. Is my pulse too low (46) on beta blocker?
    By Pink Cinderella in forum Beta-blockers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-24-2009, 03:38 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Protected by Copyscape CopySentry. Do not copy.