NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 401 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.

Thread: Getting a little bit worried...

1. Default Getting a little bit worried...

So, I put in an order recently (nothing controlled) and ignored the tracking because it tends to just bring me more anxiety.
    A few days ago I thought "huh it's been a while" and checked the tracking to discover that a delivery attempt had been made on February 8th.
    Usually if it's a signature confirmation package and I'm not there to sign, they leave a little pink colored paper that I can sign and stick on the mailbox but they didn't leave one this time.
    I went on the USPS website and requested a redelivery for today and nobody knocked but I found a printed sheet of paper taped to the mailbox that has circled "must be present" and handwritten "or sign and leave peach slip on mailbox"
    Picture:
    23i9eys - Getting a little bit worried...

Is the post office just being incompetent or is something amiss here?

jaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond repute
    jaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by eggplants View Post
    So, I put in an order recently (nothing controlled) and ignored the tracking because it tends to just bring me more anxiety.
    A few days ago I thought "huh it's been a while" and checked the tracking to discover that a delivery attempt had been made on February 8th.
    Usually if it's a signature confirmation package and I'm not there to sign, they leave a little pink colored paper that I can sign and stick on the mailbox but they didn't leave one this time.
    I went on the USPS website and requested a redelivery for today and nobody knocked but I found a printed sheet of paper taped to the mailbox that has circled "must be present" and handwritten "or sign and leave peach slip on mailbox"
    Picture:
    23i9eys - Getting a little bit worried...

Is the post office just being incompetent or is something amiss here?
    I had that happen once, where if they left the slip, I never found it. I had to go to the post office and tell them I never got the slip. If I hadn't been tracking it, it would've gone back. I think you need to tell them you never got the peach slip. Hope they still have it...
    Helpful snowy, eggplants, Gladheart Rated helpful
    The cause of all suffering is attachment...

3. This is standard procedure. Sign the paper and put it in the mailbox. I don't use my real name when a signature is required for a package. That way if anything is amiss they don't have my signature in their records.

snowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond repute
    snowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernard Shakey View Post
    This is standard procedure. Sign the paper and put it in the mailbox. I don't use my real name when a signature is required for a package. That way if anything is amiss they don't have my signature in their records.
    That's a great idea Bernard.

MRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond repute
    MRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond reputeMRNUTTY has a reputation beyond repute
    The 8th? Usually they will only hold it 2 weeks or so before they send it back.
    Helpful Gladheart Rated helpful
    BLUEWAVE2020! Beware the Dunning-Kruger Administration.

6. Nothing to worry about. Either the postman didn't leave the pink/peach slip when first delivery was attempted, or it blew away/got lost. The printout that was left taped to your mailbox was what gets automatically generated for the postman when you went online and requested redelivery. He just used this printout to leave you a note.
    You can either go to your local post office and pick it up (you'll need to bring identification), call your local post office and request a new pink slip be left that you can sign, or request redelivery again but be sure to be home so you can sign for it right then in person.
    It all depends on how invisible you want to be. But absolutely nothing to worry about as far as a sting/set up.
    (My neighbor is a postmaster, and I've grilled him extensively about this stuff)
    Helpful jaders, eggplants, blueroan17, pmpl Rated helpful

7. I requested redelivery and in the notes section I requested a pink slip.
    Everything worked out and I got my stuff today!
    I'll stop ignoring the tracking completely from now on, haha
    Helpful Gullible Rated helpful
    Likes snowy, blueroan17, pmpl, Artknowsme, gitmein liked this post

blueroan17 has much to be proud ofblueroan17 has much to be proud ofblueroan17 has much to be proud ofblueroan17 has much to be proud ofblueroan17 has much to be proud ofblueroan17 has much to be proud ofblueroan17 has much to be proud ofblueroan17 has much to be proud ofblueroan17 has much to be proud ofblueroan17 has much to be proud ofblueroan17 has much to be proud ofblueroan17 has much to be proud ofblueroan17 has much to be proud ofblueroan17 has much to be proud ofblueroan17 has much to be proud ofblueroan17 has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by eggplants View Post
    I requested redelivery and in the notes section I requested a pink slip.
    Everything worked out and I got my stuff today!
    I'll stop ignoring the tracking completely from now on, haha
    I'm glad it all worked out! Just FYI -- i've given my mailman permission to sign any peach slips for me so I never have to worry about it. Granted, he is exceptionally nice, I've known him for years, and he's on really good terms with most everyone here at my apartment complex, so it may not work everywhere (now that I think about it, I wonder if his supervisors know he does this). Still, might be worth asking!
    Likes eggplants liked this post
    Like a Bolt from the Blue!

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.