Thread: Inbound OUT of Customs for 2 Weeks?!

Snag-A-Puss is a splendid one to beholdSnag-A-Puss is a splendid one to beholdSnag-A-Puss is a splendid one to beholdSnag-A-Puss is a splendid one to beholdSnag-A-Puss is a splendid one to beholdSnag-A-Puss is a splendid one to beholdSnag-A-Puss is a splendid one to beholdSnag-A-Puss is a splendid one to beholdSnag-A-Puss is a splendid one to beholdSnag-A-Puss is a splendid one to beholdSnag-A-Puss is a splendid one to beholdSnag-A-Puss is a splendid one to beholdSnag-A-Puss is a splendid one to behold

Question Inbound OUT of Customs for 2 Weeks?!

My international package cleared customs on April 30th--says so right on the tracking status. But there's been no further updates since. I've never experienced anything like it! It sat in "OPPS" status for 2 weeks prior, but that's to be expected sometimes. But I'm seeing no reason for it to clear customs & then stay at ISC.

Anyone have any clue why a package would be held by ISC/customs this long AFTER clearing customs? I think the chances of it having left the facility & just not being scanned since the 30th are very slim...someone would've scanned it by now if it had passed through other hands/facilities. When should I attempt a package trace? Or does this indicate some sort of seizure? The last time I had something seized it said so on the USPS site (tracking status said "seized by law enforcement"). Granted, it was a domestic package seized by the Postal Inspector but still. It shouldn't take them this long to shove a LL in my box & get it sent out...right?

NY ISC used to be the fastest & most efficient. I used to pray my packages would go through there as opposed to, say, ISC Miami or SF. But not now. This is bonkers.

Thanks for listening. Any feedback at all welcome. Patience is running a bit thin. I expect this from developing nations but not our Postal service.
    All posts are for educational purposes and don't necessarily reflect the views of Snag-A-Puss. I welcome PMs but do not give out vendor referrals. Peace!

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
  3. I had this happen january 1, 2019. Last scan clearing customs isc/ny. Then nothing, it was never given to usps for delivery from customs.
    Some educated guesswork:
    1. the hand-off to USPS is backed up and slow right now.
    2. Address or zip is incorrect or not scannable.
    3. sent back to originating country (seeing this more and more when last scan is clearing customs then nothing.
    4. package fell apart/ or fell behind some machine.
    Hope my #1 guess is the right one. Good luck.
    Helpful Snag-A-Puss Rated helpful

@Snag-A-Puss I had a package clear customs years ago (about 4 or so) and it was forwarded to the FDA. I got a letter from the FDA telling me it had been sent to them for analysis. I hope this is not what happened to your letter. Good Luck. M
    Helpful Snag-A-Puss, C&T Rated helpful
    Likes ludwig1961, H20shed65 liked this post
    Listen to the LOVE. Inspired by Harry Irene (2015)

Quote Originally Posted by liltiki2 View Post
    I had this happen january 1, 2019. Last scan clearing customs isc/ny. Then nothing, it was never given to usps for delivery from customs.
    Some educated guesswork:
    3. sent back to originating country (seeing this more and more when last scan is clearing customs then nothing.

Not to bum you out …. but there were some UPS drivers in my region that became aware what to look for and started stealing packages they thought could benefit them …. eventually they got caught/fired. But guess it was a good scam for them for a while. Took a while for someone to make a legal complaint!

Sorry you were talking about USPS not UPS …. I wouldn't trust some of them either!!!
    Last edited by Kermit S; 1 Week Ago at 02:30 PM. Reason: Ooops
    Likes Snag-A-Puss liked this post
    “Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die.”

C&T has a reputation beyond reputeC&T has a reputation beyond reputeC&T has a reputation beyond reputeC&T has a reputation beyond reputeC&T has a reputation beyond reputeC&T has a reputation beyond reputeC&T has a reputation beyond reputeC&T has a reputation beyond reputeC&T has a reputation beyond reputeC&T has a reputation beyond reputeC&T has a reputation beyond reputeC&T has a reputation beyond reputeC&T has a reputation beyond reputeC&T has a reputation beyond reputeC&T has a reputation beyond reputeC&T has a reputation beyond reputeC&T has a reputation beyond reputeC&T has a reputation beyond reputeC&T has a reputation beyond reputeC&T has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by liltiki2 View Post
    I had this happen january 1, 2019. Last scan clearing customs isc/ny. Then nothing, it was never given to usps for delivery from customs.
    Some educated guesswork:
    Most likely seized. I’ve had 2 of these, and many others here and the dark web markets. Says it cleared customs but then nothing.
    Helpful Snag-A-Puss Rated helpful
    . . . the Jerk Store called, and they're running out of YOU!

Snag-A-Puss is a splendid one to beholdSnag-A-Puss is a splendid one to beholdSnag-A-Puss is a splendid one to beholdSnag-A-Puss is a splendid one to beholdSnag-A-Puss is a splendid one to beholdSnag-A-Puss is a splendid one to beholdSnag-A-Puss is a splendid one to beholdSnag-A-Puss is a splendid one to beholdSnag-A-Puss is a splendid one to beholdSnag-A-Puss is a splendid one to beholdSnag-A-Puss is a splendid one to beholdSnag-A-Puss is a splendid one to beholdSnag-A-Puss is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the feedback, friends! Guess there's nothing to do but keep waiting. Ugh. Never had anything seized in customs before so I figured they'd just take it & NOT say it cleared customs or something logical, lol. But since you guys have experienced it that gives me some frame of reference.

Here's hoping they're just backlogged or having other weird issues. I'd hate for it to be an LL, obviously, but it'd also suck for it to get sent back or thrown away due to a messy address or other dumb mistake on the label. Would be nice if they'd let me know SOMETHING but won't hold my breath. When you say "nothing," do you mean you never got a love letter or ANY updates after it cleared customs, @C&T? Just curious if packages can disappear into the ether with no word from anyone what happened to them.
    All posts are for educational purposes and don't necessarily reflect the views of Snag-A-Puss. I welcome PMs but do not give out vendor referrals. Peace!

8. Default Been there.

This just happened to me a few month ago but it wasn't the first time either. It was a split order and only one package showed up moving in USPS tracking. Good news is, the missing one show up in my mail box just a few days later. I'm sure it will show up for you too. I know it's hard but just find a way to block it out of your mind. It will show up eventually. ???? QUOTE=Snag-A-Puss;954862]My international package cleared customs on April 30th--says so right on the tracking status. But there's been no further updates since. I've never experienced anything like it! It sat in "OPPS" status for 2 weeks prior, but that's to be expected sometimes. But I'm seeing no reason for it to clear customs & then stay at ISC.

Anyone have any clue why a package would be held by ISC/customs this long AFTER clearing customs? I think the chances of it having left the facility & just not being scanned since the 30th are very slim...someone would've scanned it by now if it had passed through other hands/facilities. When should I attempt a package trace? Or does this indicate some sort of seizure? The last time I had something seized it said so on the USPS site (tracking status said "seized by law enforcement"). Granted, it was a domestic package seized by the Postal Inspector but still. It shouldn't take them this long to shove a LL in my box & get it sent out...right?

NY ISC used to be the fastest & most efficient. I used to pray my packages would go through there as opposed to, say, ISC Miami or SF. But not now. This is bonkers.

Thanks for listening. Any feedback at all welcome. Patience is running a bit thin. I expect this from developing nations but not our Postal service.[/QUOTE]

surten is a splendid one to beholdsurten is a splendid one to beholdsurten is a splendid one to beholdsurten is a splendid one to beholdsurten is a splendid one to beholdsurten is a splendid one to beholdsurten is a splendid one to beholdsurten is a splendid one to beholdsurten is a splendid one to beholdsurten is a splendid one to beholdsurten is a splendid one to beholdsurten is a splendid one to behold

I just wanted to say that my order from early March that says it cleared customs still shows the same tracking. It's a loss but no LL at this point. @Snag-A-Puss, I really really hope yours shows up. I had never seen this happen before but I guess NY isn't as reliable as it used to be, for some of us anyway. Others are blessed and receive everything no matter the tracking, right Mr Nutty?
    Likes jaders liked this post

H20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond repute
    H20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond repute
    H20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond repute
    Hi @Snag-A-Puss

I’ve never had a trackable parcel 1st Show “ Inbound into Customs” , then secondly show “ Inbound Out of Customs” and then just drop off the radar. Bummer. I don’t know the C.O.O. or mailing method, but oftentimes if my vendor is shipping via DHL, or ParcelForce, even though it’s technically entered into the USPS Mail Stream, I often find that the carrier’s Tracking Service (e.g., DHL ) is far more up to date than the USPS tracking system. And since it cannot be Domestic since it had to go through Customs, you might want to check the USPS Website for the Country of Origin and any changes they’ve possibly made in tracking services.

For instance, when I first joined PR in 2012, Parcels from IOPS originating in India and being mailed Registered Mail were trackable from the day they left India until the day it showed up on USPS as OUT FOR DELIVERY here in the US. Since then, however, the USPS and INDIA POST were unable to reach agreement on the cost USPS requested India Post for Point to Point Tracking. After that, all my IOP parcels shipped Registered Mail from India were trackable through INDIA Post’s Website until the Parcel left India. Beyond that, while USPS tracks the item as normal for their own purposes, you cannot track the item using any tracking system worldwide because USPS PURPOSEFULLY SUPPRESSES ANYONE’S Ability to Track that item once it lands here in the US.

I doubt India is the only country that has these squabbles with USPS, but it might be worth looking into.

Either way, I’m thinking Happy Thoughts for you!
    Helpful jaders, SlicerGBA Rated helpful
    Self Appointed Forum Moderator ==> Click HERE to REPORT Suspected TROLLING!

H20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Mecha View Post
    @Snag-A-Puss I had a package clear customs years ago (about 4 or so) and it was forwarded to the FDA. I got a letter from the FDA telling me it had been sent to them for analysis. I hope this is not what happened to your letter. Good Luck. M

Mecha-

As I recall, you said something “Snarky” to me in the BasementLounge Thread that week and I immediately called FDA to report that you told me you were ordering Enriched Uranium by USPS mail to your home in Walnut Grove, Samoa to make a Bomb to be used on neighborhood kids who refused to “Get Off Your Lawn! “.

Oops....my bad.
    Likes jaders, SlicerGBA liked this post
    Self Appointed Forum Moderator ==> Click HERE to REPORT Suspected TROLLING!

12. For the last 4 months, Ive done a package every 3 weeks or so and from ISC New York to my door was about 3-4 days. Now I've had one ISC New York since May 10th with no tracking updates at all. I know its only been 6 days but I normally get two or three updates by now
    Likes SlicerGBA liked this post

C&T has a reputation beyond reputeC&T has a reputation beyond reputeC&T has a reputation beyond reputeC&T has a reputation beyond reputeC&T has a reputation beyond reputeC&T has a reputation beyond reputeC&T has a reputation beyond reputeC&T has a reputation beyond reputeC&T has a reputation beyond reputeC&T has a reputation beyond reputeC&T has a reputation beyond reputeC&T has a reputation beyond reputeC&T has a reputation beyond reputeC&T has a reputation beyond reputeC&T has a reputation beyond reputeC&T has a reputation beyond reputeC&T has a reputation beyond reputeC&T has a reputation beyond reputeC&T has a reputation beyond reputeC&T has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Snag-A-Puss View Post
    Thanks for the feedback, friends! Guess there's nothing to do but keep waiting. Ugh. Never had anything seized in customs before so I figured they'd just take it & NOT say it cleared customs or something logical, lol. But since you guys have experienced it that gives me some frame of reference.

Here's hoping they're just backlogged or having other weird issues. I'd hate for it to be an LL, obviously, but it'd also suck for it to get sent back or thrown away due to a messy address or other dumb mistake on the label. Would be nice if they'd let me know SOMETHING but won't hold my breath. When you say "nothing," do you mean you never got a love letter or ANY updates after it cleared customs, @C&T? Just curious if packages can disappear into the ether with no word from anyone what happened to them.
    Yes, twice. Scanned inbound into customs, then inbound out of customs, then nothing. I know several people on PR who have had the same thing. I also know several people ordering from the dark web having the same issue. It can happen. Also, there have been seizures out of customs in Jamaica that have resulted in LLs. The old adage that once u clear customs and have a facility zip code showing, you are good to go, no longer applies.

If anyone doubts this, (not addressing you Snag-A-Puss, just doubters in general) run a few searches and check the shipping threads. Also, to those who doubt knock and talks, you might want to rethink that. Several trusted senior members have experienced these.
    Helpful SlicerGBA, Rylee Rated helpful
    . . . the Jerk Store called, and they're running out of YOU!

14. Quote Originally Posted by tvo14 View Post
    For the last 4 months, Ive done a package every 3 weeks or so and from ISC New York to my door was about 3-4 days. Now I've had one ISC New York since May 10th with no tracking updates at all. I know its only been 6 days but I normally get two or three updates by now
    I’m in the exact same boat. All of my orders going through NY for the last 4 months have sailed through in no time flat. My last order on the 6th still shows OPPS. ????

15. Inbound OUT of Customs for 2 Weeks?!