Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We now accept Bitcoin donations to help sustain the forum

Lightbulb We now accept Bitcoin donations to help sustain the forum

I'm excited to announce that after years of our members generously offering to donate to the forum, we have a way to accept donations without compromising on confidentiality. The bad news is we can only accept donations in Bitcoin (and Litecoin), not Paypal or bank cards. We thought that, as cryptocurrencies are becoming a common way to pay in the world of online pharmacies, there might be enough of our members out there who are comfortable sending Bitcoin to make this donation system worth setting up. We would really appreciate donations to help with the costs of running the site, especially the hosting fees. The site is completely free to use and the forum is completely objective. Just to state the obvious: we do not take payments for promoting certain vendors in forum discussions, we never have and we never will. This forum is a space where members can freely discuss everything related to buying medicines online. We hope some of you agree this is a shared resource worth contributing to!

If you are generous enough to donate you can send us any amount, starting at $5. To recognize your generosity you will get a "Sponsor" badge under your username for 3 months after your donation. (If for some reason you don't want the badge you can choose to donate anonymously.) In any case your donation will not be traceable from your Bitcoin wallet provider to this site. As an extra layer of security we use an intermediate payment processor. This means that transactions are anonymous and the origin wallet address of donations will not be stored anywhere on this site.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will post answers to some questions I think might be asked about this new feature:

Why can't you accept PayPal?
    Because PayPal has a history of confiscating funds from forums which have subject matters PayPal considers to be against its Terms and Conditions. We don't want to risk losing any donated money to PayPal's greedy clawing hands.

How can I get Bitcoins?
    Sign up at a mainstream site like Coinbase.com or the more anonymous localbitcoins.org and then you will be given a "wallet". You can send Bitcoins from this wallet once you have funded it.

Will members who donate be treated differently by moderators?
    Definitely not, we will continue to apply the forum rules equally to everyone, regardless of whether they are "Sponsors" or not.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any other questions please ask. Thank you for reading and for perhaps donating.
    Last edited by Admin; 4 Weeks Ago at 06:34 PM. Reason: Added donation page link

Gullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond repute
    Gullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond repute
    Good idea, let me be among the first to donate. I found the link and sent in my small donation. Every little bit helps if everyone did then it will add up to a lot.

May I suggest paxful.com as another place to get bitcoin? Also bitcoin atm's which are springing up in many places. I believe if you search bitcoinatm radar you will find a list. Use duckduckgo to search since google has shown itself to be evil storing and selling our info, tracking us, helping the chinese military and refusing to help our own. Etc etc etc
    Helpful Admin, magchik, peppergirl, djrick, dtek Rated helpful

I will donate for sure in incoming period.This forum is awesome and helped me a lot when I was really I mean really bad.
    So 5$ or 10$ maybe for some will make full change their lives.Long live PharmacyReviewer.
    Helpful Admin Rated helpful
    Likes jaders, peppergirl, Remi liked this post

Gullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond repute
    Gullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond repute
    I just learned I was the first to contribute. Don't let me be the last! They are working on the contributor badge, some minor glitch
    Helpful Pothead Rated helpful
    Likes calgal99, jaders, Admin, Mrs Parker, petenyc liked this post

Pothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to behold

Yes it’s hard (impossible actually) to quantify just how valuable this forum is. Whether to compare pricing, shipping times and methods, overall experiences, and of course vendors, this place is truly one of a kind. I shudder to think where I’d be in the IOP world without this site. Of course I would encourage everyone to donate to PR.
    Helpful Gullible, Admin Rated helpful
    Likes calgal99, peppergirl, petenyc, heliarc liked this post

calgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, @Admin... I've found someone who can help me out, to donate BC to you even though I can't (won't) do them myself! Just want you guys to know that there are some of us who still want to support the forum, and do understand why you need to use the BC route for funding. It's a damned shame, though, that we can't just send you funds through more typical commerce routes! Still, know that we're trying to help support this awesome place. (And extra super-secret thanks to my Helper Elf, who shall forever remain unnamed!!)

[edit] And I don't even want a badge, so there!! Just want you to know that the folks here are very helpful to one another, including in this situation. Give out All. The. Badges. to those who want them, but some of us w/o a badge still offer our support to all you guys do!
    Last edited by calgal99; 3 Weeks Ago at 09:01 PM.
    Likes jaders, peppergirl, bluebell, petenyc liked this post

jaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond repute
    jaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond repute
    Well this is actually great. I can finally learn the bitcoin process without the “pressure.” Looking forward to it!!
    The cause of all suffering is attachment...

Uncle Rob has a spectacular aura aboutUncle Rob has a spectacular aura aboutUncle Rob has a spectacular aura aboutUncle Rob has a spectacular aura aboutUncle Rob has a spectacular aura about

@Admin, I tried to donate, but received this error:

Invalid User ID - Uncle [email protected]@38N8UsjZjgfnzL0yBDEw. Allowed symbols: [email protected]

Please advise.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Rob View Post
    @Admin, I tried to donate, but received this error:

Invalid User ID - Uncle [email protected]@38N8UsjZjgfnzL0yBDEw. Allowed symbols: [email protected]

Please advise.
    Thank you for trying to donate @Uncle Rob. I think this is because there is a space in your username I will try to fix this today.
    Helpful bluebell Rated helpful
    Likes peppergirl liked this post

10. It’s the only method? I would like to help since you helping me with this resource. Is there anywhere I can get info something like Bicoins for dummies? I just tried to read about it, and I don’t get it. I am sorry if I sound stupid, but I want to send some money since I can finally walk without cramps in my legs all the time and sleep normal. If Bitcoin only way I will learn about it, if someone wish to help a lady to learn about it every PM will be appreciated. If you show me once I will remember . Thank you for all you do.
    Likes Admin, bluu liked this post

Uncle Rob has a spectacular aura aboutUncle Rob has a spectacular aura aboutUncle Rob has a spectacular aura aboutUncle Rob has a spectacular aura aboutUncle Rob has a spectacular aura about

@Admin, no problem, I'll keep an eye out for an update that it's fixed. Thanks.
    Likes Admin liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiastic85 View Post
    It’s the only method? I would like to help since you helping me with this resource. Is there anywhere I can get info something like Bicoins for dummies? I just tried to read about it, and I don’t get it. I am sorry if I sound stupid, but I want to send some money since I can finally walk without cramps in my legs all the time and sleep normal. If Bitcoin only way I will learn about it, if someone wish to help a lady to learn about it every PM will be appreciated. If you show me once I will remember . Thank you for all you do.
    Thank you for offering to help and I realize that by only accepting Bitcoins we are losing out on a lot of donations. I wish we had another way.

Bitcoins are really quite simple to buy and send. You just need to open an account on a site like coinbase.com and send them some money which they will convert to Bitcoins and hold in a "wallet" for you. You can then send the fractions of Bitcoin to whoever from your wallet, all you need is the other person's wallet address.
    Helpful Enthusiastic85 Rated helpful

wazup is a splendid one to beholdwazup is a splendid one to beholdwazup is a splendid one to beholdwazup is a splendid one to beholdwazup is a splendid one to beholdwazup is a splendid one to beholdwazup is a splendid one to beholdwazup is a splendid one to beholdwazup is a splendid one to beholdwazup is a splendid one to beholdwazup is a splendid one to beholdwazup is a splendid one to beholdwazup is a splendid one to behold

Excellent move in accepting crypto donations. You may be losing out on some donations in the short term, but long term, more and more people will start getting involved in crypto--at least enough to be familiar enough with how to send/receive them.

The BIGGEST BENEFIT you get from accepting crypto is censorship resistance! You now have a way to accept payments from people with NO MIDDLE MAN!! Up until now, there was always someone between you and your donors--and that someone is always a risk. With bitcoin (assuming you're accepting donations directly to your addresses, not using a payment processor like BitPay...) I can get donations to you as if I had personally handed you physical cash.

I'm really bullish about the future of bitcoin and crypto. There are PLENTY of options for you to spend your donation funds directly in BTC/LTC without having to go back to fiat. That is the best way to keep the crypto ecosystem growing.
    Helpful taralumia Rated helpful
    Likes Admin, heliarc liked this post

One tiny caution about using a site like coinbase, they track where you send the coins. I doubt they have admin's wallet on their blacklist but they will ban you if you send to certain sites that they don't approve of. If you have no other choice then get it from them or gemini but send it first to your own wallet then elsewhere. Or just get it from localbitcoins or paxfull or a bitcoin atm.

Another benefit is that then you will be experienced in buying and using btc and that opens more choices for you since you can go on the darknet and get better deals or even regular iop's who take btc and some even give a discount since they don't have to go down and pick it up or worry about a chargeback. It also avoids the jerks at wu and mg, or the jerks at paypal and other services.
    Helpful taralumia, calgal99 Rated helpful
    Likes Admin liked this post

Please note, anyone who sends Bitcoin should send the exact Bitcoin amount stated on the Pharmacy Reviewer Secure Bitcoin Donations System in order for your payment to be recognized by PR.

I sent 0.00208601 BTC on 08/31/2019 05:14 which was equivalent to $20USD but it was not the exact Bitcoin amount stated on the Pharmacy Reviewer Secure Bitcoin Donations System so it was not recognized by PR.
    Helpful Admin, heliarc, calgal99 Rated helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Gullible View Post
    One tiny caution about using a site like coinbase, they track where you send the coins. I doubt they have admin's wallet on their blacklist but they will ban you if you send to certain sites that they don't approve of.
    We take payments through an intermediate service (whose wallet addresses change all the time) and so the transaction would not be traceable to this site.

Quote Originally Posted by pmpl View Post
    Please note, anyone who sends Bitcoin should send the exact Bitcoin amount stated on the Pharmacy Reviewer Secure Bitcoin Donations System in order for your payment to be recognized by PR.

I sent 0.00208601 BTC on 08/31/2019 05:14 which was equivalent to $20USD but it was not the exact Bitcoin amount stated on the Pharmacy Reviewer Secure Bitcoin Donations System so it was not recognized by PR.
    @pmpl thank you for your donation, I will follow up with you through PM but I wanted to raise exactly this point, we have received several donations which were not the exact amount and so could not be credited automatically by the system. I think in most of these cases the donors did not add on the transaction fees (typically about $0.30 at the time of writing for Bitcoin transactions, less for Litecoin) to the amount. I think some Bitcoin wallet providers try to hide the transaction fees so this is what might have caused the confusion.

Anyone who made a donation which they were not credited for with a Sponsor badge please do let me know by PM and I will investigate.

petenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond repute
    petenyc has a reputation beyond repute
    Long time coming for this. Can't wait until the kinks are worked out for all types of donations.

Even though I am tech friendly, I shy away from Bitcoins for many reasons.

When it is open for more types there should be a flood of donations.

This board is far too valuable in so many ways for all of us.
    Helpful Binky Rated helpful
    Likes Admin, heliarc liked this post
    A well-developed sense of humor is the pole that adds balance to your steps as you walk the tightrope of life - Unknown

wazup is a splendid one to beholdwazup is a splendid one to beholdwazup is a splendid one to beholdwazup is a splendid one to beholdwazup is a splendid one to beholdwazup is a splendid one to beholdwazup is a splendid one to beholdwazup is a splendid one to beholdwazup is a splendid one to beholdwazup is a splendid one to beholdwazup is a splendid one to beholdwazup is a splendid one to beholdwazup is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    We take payments through an intermediate service (whose wallet addresses change all the time) and so the transaction would not be traceable to this site.
    The intermediate service can trace the donations to your site (or be--umm...encouraged--to do so)... If they're based out of the Cayman Islands or some such jurisdiction with lax regulations, you're probably fine. But if they're based out of Europe or the US, you're playing a risky game (only a little better than trying to accept thru paypal). Remember, bitcoin transactions are public knowledge, and once your privacy is compromised in one transaction, it's also compromised in many that came before and that will come after.

I haven't been keeping up with the latest developments, but there are options to run your OWN payment processor (that doesn't re-use addresses). I think one is called BTCPayServer (https://github.com/btcpayserver/btcpayserver). It's basically BitPay, but you run it yourself, no need to have them in the middle, waiting to be hacked or coerced into giving up your privacy.

Edit: Also, the whole "add a small amount to identify the transaction" doesn't inspire confidence in me for that payment processor or their developers. Especially when I clicked "donate anonymously". The address itself is unique; there's no reason the price needs to be unique as well. It smells of a scammy way to tack on fees.

Speaking of fees, I REALLY REALLY hope you aren't paying any fees to accept these donations.
    Last edited by wazup; 2 Weeks Ago at 12:54 PM. Reason: more concern, more info
    Helpful pinkflower, Admin, mindcrypt6, heliarc, bluu Rated helpful

Quote Originally Posted by wazup View Post
    Speaking of fees, I REALLY REALLY hope you aren't paying any fees to accept these donations.
    1% fees. The payment processor is based out of a jurisdiction known for secrecy. We get to keep the small amount added to identify the payment, not them.

The BTCPayServer link is very interesting, thank you for the info.
    Helpful heliarc Rated helpful
    Likes wazup liked this post

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast