Thread: Weekly Forum Digest Email

Default Weekly Forum Digest Email

I am going to start sending out a weekly email to all members containing a list of the most active forum discussions you might be interested in. Anyone who chose to receive emails from the administrator when they signed up will receive this, but it just takes one click to stop receiving it, or to receive it less often than weekly.

Some of you might have already received a version of this email as the software sent them to many members today by accident, before I had a chance to properly format the email and tailor it to members' interests. In future the email will contain a lot less links and only links to discussions in the most interesting parts of the forum!

Due to technical limitations the email will only link to discussion threads in the open part of the forum, but in the near future I hope to start sending out a different version to Senior Members with links to active discussions in the restricted part of the forum.

We have a great community here and I feel very lucky to administer this board. I hope that this weekly email will prompt some members who might have forgotten about the site to check back in, say hello and share their knowledge. These are not easy times for anyone who needs to order from online pharmacies so we need to stick together and share what we know!
    Last edited by Admin; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:17 AM. Reason: Changed slightly what I said about Seniors newsletter in light of technical hitches

calgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond repute
    calgal99 has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    I am going to start sending out a weekly email to all members containing a list of the most active forum discussions you might be interested in. Anyone who chose to receive emails from the administrator when they signed up will receive this, but it just takes one click to stop receiving it, or to receive it less often than weekly.

Some of you might have already received a version of this email as the software sent them to many members today by accident, before I had a chance to properly format the email and tailor it to members' interests. In future the email will contain a lot less links and only links to discussions in the most interesting parts of the forum!

Due to technical limitations the email will only link to discussion threads in the open part of the forum, but in the near future I hope to start sending out a different version to Senior Members with links to active discussions in the restricted part of the forum.

We have a great community here and I feel very lucky to administer this board. I hope that this weekly email will prompt some members who might have forgotten about the site to check back in, say hello and share their knowledge. These are not easy times for anyone who needs to order from online pharmacies so we need to stick together and share what we know!
    Just in case anyone isn't sure where to check this "receive emails from the administrator" status can go to Settings (top right corner of each forum page, at least on a PC version of the site) >General Settings>Messaging & Notification and there's a check box for this.

Oh, and @Admin, while I've had this "checked", I didn't receive (the first/unintentional?) email, I even looked at my spam folder, just FYI. But that said, I love this idea and am looking forward to it! Thanks for all you do!!
    Helpful Admin, petenyc Rated helpful

@calgal99 Thank you for providing this useful information about the settings page. It's something I should have mentioned myself.

The emails will be sent out over the weekend.

Would discussions in senior members area be mentioned?
    I am afraid that may be a liability to the forum if those discussions are emailed.
    Helpful djrick Rated helpful

SoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant futureSoTired has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by kmontayne View Post
    Would discussions in senior members area be mentioned?
    I am afraid that may be a liability to the forum if those discussions are emailed.
    Hey kmontayne,

Your read too fast, which, for a penguin, is quite a feat!

Take care,

ST
    Helpful calgal99, kmontayne, Admin, djrick Rated helpful
    Some perfume always lingers on the hand that offers flowers.

Only publicly visible parts of the forum will be mentioned in the "forum digest". It is just a series of 20 links to the most active threads in the past week. It will exclude parts of the forum which are not interesting like the "Bug Reports" section.

The emails will be sent out 1,000 per hour starting today and over the next day or two. We have over 40,000 registered members so that's a lot of emails!
    Helpful GoneFishing Rated helpful
    Likes SoTired, djrick, peppergirl liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Only publicly visible parts of the forum will be mentioned in the "forum digest". It is just a series of 20 links to the most active threads in the past week. It will exclude parts of the forum which are not interesting like the "Bug Reports" section.

The emails will be sent out 1,000 per hour starting today and over the next day or two. We have over 40,000 registered members so that's a lot of emails!
    Hello @Admin!

I don't want to receive any digests at all. I did get two so far, FYI. I want to make sure if I click the unsubscribe link in the digest, that it wont cause trouble with my senior status or logging in.

Please advise and many thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by GoneFishing View Post
    I want to make sure if I click the unsubscribe link in the digest, that it wont cause trouble with my senior status or logging in.
    It won't cause any problems with your Senior status or make any difference to logging in so please go ahead and click the unsubscribe link if you don't want to receive the forum digest emails.
    Helpful GoneFishing Rated helpful
    Likes peppergirl liked this post

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.