Thread: New sidebar on desktop version of forum with new posts and like/helpful votes

Default New sidebar on desktop version of forum with new posts and like/helpful votes

I wanted to bring a bit more a 'live' feeling to the forum home page so I set up a new sidebar in the full desktop version of the forum which shows latest posts, and underneath that, the latest helpful and like votes given. Also, a minor point, but to make the home page not quite so long, I hid the individual sub-forum descriptions.

The sidebar only refreshes every 2 minutes so new posts won't show up immediately. This is to save server resources.

I will try to develop a 'latest posts' feature for the mobile version of the forum soon as this is really lacking at the moment.

If anyone has any comments, positive or negative, please let me know.
    Last edited by Admin; 05-31-2020 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Chnaged a word

@Admin
    I thought it was something wrong with my browser! But it looks great! Thank you for always improving the forum!!!
    Like Admin, seashells, VEDA, Maskell, WhiteBoyRick liked this post
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me - Hunter S. Thompson

Great idea! It was hard to see what was going on in all those sub-forums, as useful as they certainly are.
    Like seashells, Admin, M77, VEDA, WhiteBoyRick liked this post

seashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond repute
    seashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond repute
    I like it, and it does give a more real time feel to it . You can see the newest post going up right then and with the threads "what's new" we can see everything now. NICE
    Like Admin, M77, VEDA, WhiteBoyRick, El Grandote, Maskell liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by seashells View Post
    I like it, and it does give a more real time feel to it . You can see the newest post going up right then and with the threads "what's new" we can see everything now. NICE
    Thanks for the feedback. Yes the "What's New?" tab is always completely live, no 2 minute delay, and is tailored for each person, so it is kind of "what you haven't seen before". I think you probably knew this Seashells but it might cause confusion for some people when a post is in the "latest posts" sidebar but does not appear in your "what's new" list. If this happens it is because the forum has detected that you have read the post before and it doesn't consider it "new" for you. I just wanted to explain that in case anyone thinks there is a bug with the forum.
    Helpful WhiteBoyRick, Maskell Rated helpful
    Like seashells, M77, VEDA, El Grandote liked this post

seashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond repute
    seashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond repute
    @Admin, yes I'm sorry I didn't think about that till you explained it to me. Still a awesome idea!
    Like Admin, M77, VEDA liked this post

@Admin. Two thumbs up I really like it! Hey @Maskell, when are you coming over to get my computer properly secured? Get the row boat out
    Last edited by VEDA; 05-31-2020 at 10:57 PM.

I had to remove the like/helpful feed box, underneath latest posts, as it was slowing down the front page.
    Like WhiteBoyRick, H20shed65 liked this post

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.