NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 266 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.

Thread: A Question/Suggestion

Default A Question/Suggestion

Hi Mods and Dr. B,
    I've got a question for you- it requires a bit of context so please forgive me if it goes a bit long:

When I'm on Ebay and looking at the items I have on my 'watch list' there is an option to add
    a note to the listing that only I can see. So I've taken a screen shot of that page from Ebay and
    highlighted my personal notes in yellow:

My eBay Summary (1).png

Would it be possible to add a feature like that to the threads we have on our 'Subscribed Threads' page?
    It would be great to be able to leave myself notes about the cost of my d.o.c., or how the shipping is going
    with a specific vendor, or whether or not the vendor is someone I've used with sucess, etc.

I follow a bunch of vendors' threads to keep an eye out for backups, but on my worst fibro-fog days, it's really
    a challenge to remember who I was following, why, what they carry, and the prices/shipping times.

Thanks a bunch!
    Nolite te bastardes carborundorum, b_tches!

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
  3. @Mrs Parker , sounds like that would be helpful feature for some, perhaps many users. @Admin is the only one who could add something like you are describing and I have no idea what the time/effort is to implement what I will just call "Private Notes".

Perhaps one workaround (I assume you want to keep your notes private) is to keep a running PM with yourself as you add/modify/delete notes. I know it is kind of a "kluge" way to do this as you would probably want to delete or archive old PMs. Maybe some other PR members have some suggestions.
    @Admin

cc: @tinmuning @Pat
    Last edited by Kerry; 08-23-2018 at 05:54 PM. Reason: typo
    Helpful Denman, Mrs Parker, calgal99 Rated helpful
    Likes Carter, songsiren, Admin, Keith K Stone liked this post

Denman has a reputation beyond reputeDenman has a reputation beyond reputeDenman has a reputation beyond reputeDenman has a reputation beyond reputeDenman has a reputation beyond reputeDenman has a reputation beyond reputeDenman has a reputation beyond reputeDenman has a reputation beyond reputeDenman has a reputation beyond reputeDenman has a reputation beyond reputeDenman has a reputation beyond reputeDenman has a reputation beyond reputeDenman has a reputation beyond reputeDenman has a reputation beyond reputeDenman has a reputation beyond reputeDenman has a reputation beyond reputeDenman has a reputation beyond reputeDenman has a reputation beyond reputeDenman has a reputation beyond reputeDenman has a reputation beyond repute
    Denman has a reputation beyond reputeDenman has a reputation beyond repute
    Actually that's a brilliant idea Kerry

Seems @Mrs Parker forgot the Bluetooth surround speakers on her list for me tho
    See the young man sitting in the old man's bar, waiting for his turn to die...

Quote Originally Posted by Denman View Post
    Actually that's a brilliant idea Kerry

Seems @Mrs Parker forgot the Bluetooth surround speakers on her list for me tho
    They're listed on page 2 of my watched items!

Thanks for the suggestion @Mrs Parker ! There is nothing I can plug into the forum off the shelf to provide this kind of enhancement but I will see if I can get something custom coded. I can see this would be a nice feature to have.
    Helpful Mrs Parker Rated helpful
    Likes Keith K Stone, pippi222 liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion @Mrs Parker ! There is nothing I can plug into the forum off the shelf to provide this kind of enhancement but I will see if I can get something custom coded. I can see this would be a nice feature to have.
    Many thanks to you and @Kerry! I know that there are far more pressing issues y'all have to deal with as mods and admin.
    so please don't feel any rush or anything, but if it could happen some day, it might be nice. In the meantime, I'm going to
    try Kerry's suggestion of a PM to myself for storing that info.
    Thanks a bunch!
    Helpful grannyof2boys, Keith K Stone Rated helpful
    Likes Kerry liked this post

snowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond repute
    snowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Parker View Post
    Many thanks to you and @Kerry! I know that there are far more pressing issues y'all have to deal with as mods and admin.
    so please don't feel any rush or anything, but if it could happen some day, it might be nice. In the meantime, I'm going to
    try Kerry's suggestion of a PM to myself for storing that info.
    Thanks a bunch!
    I love that idea Mrs P! I tend to forget which vendor sells this or that, do they require a signature etc. Having notes would be a great help.
    Likes Carter, Mrs Parker liked this post

Carter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond repute
    Carter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond repute
    @Mrs Parker , thanks for bringing this up. Anything would be better than my current "process" for keeping notes

post it.jpg
    Likes snowy, Mrs Parker, pippi222 liked this post
    RULE 63: Don't Take Carter Too Seriously

snowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond repute
    snowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    @Mrs Parker , thanks for bringing this up. Anything would be better than my current "process" for keeping notes

post it.jpg
    At least it matches your kitchen Carter!

jay-child-neglect-024-540x373.jpg
    Likes Carter, Mrs Parker, pippi222 liked this post

Carter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond repute
    Carter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond repute
    [QUOTE=snowy;929441]At least it matches your kitchen Carter!

And my living room

njhoardercleanup.jpg
    Likes snowy, Mrs Parker liked this post
    RULE 63: Don't Take Carter Too Seriously

[QUOTE=Carter;929442]
    Quote Originally Posted by snowy View Post
    At least it matches your kitchen Carter!

And my living room

njhoardercleanup.jpg
    Well hey, at least your TV works! (black and white though?)
    Likes Mrs Parker, Carter liked this post

sillypuppiez is a splendid one to beholdsillypuppiez is a splendid one to beholdsillypuppiez is a splendid one to beholdsillypuppiez is a splendid one to beholdsillypuppiez is a splendid one to beholdsillypuppiez is a splendid one to beholdsillypuppiez is a splendid one to beholdsillypuppiez is a splendid one to beholdsillypuppiez is a splendid one to beholdsillypuppiez is a splendid one to beholdsillypuppiez is a splendid one to beholdsillypuppiez is a splendid one to beholdsillypuppiez is a splendid one to behold

@Mrs Parker

Hi there! I just wanted to say that you are such a rock star! What a great idea! I sell things online & often think how cool it would be for certain features of each platform to be integrated here. You go girl, this is a great one!

And of course the mods we have here are rockstar royalty too! Love this place & the community here!

Hope you've all been having a stupendous summer, that everyone has been doing well. I can't believe it's about over!

Take care y'all,
    SP
    Likes Mrs Parker, snowy, Carter liked this post

14. Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post

post it.jpg
    Oh my! Who found that picture of my desk and computer????
    Some days my desk can be overgrown with post it notes, pens, notebooks, widgets, etc.....
    I love the idea Mrs. Parker!
    Likes Carter liked this post