Thread: Close Call

1. Default Close Call

I am a bit freaked out. Found an IOP that had reviews on site that I am now realizing was a scam forum. Anyway, didn’t realize this until tonight but here’s the trajectory: After researching the site, I initiated communication with vendor, who did reply and ultimately placed an order. The vendor requested Western Union payment. Because I am totally inexperienced dealing with IOPs and have never used Western Union before, I accidentally selected a payment option that delivers funds approx five days following send request instead of an instant payment. In the meantime, I emailed vendor but communication was spotty. I was uneasy about transaction for several reasons, including the lack of buyer protection offered by Western Union, so I cancelled the payment. I emailed vendor and let him know that I had cancelled payment and would be resending payment shortly. The vendor emailed me today requesting new payment tracking number, but I stalled and said that I was waiting for funds to be returned to my bank account, as they were withdrawn despite cancellation. This evening, I decided to check vendor’s website to check the FAQ section, and found that the website was no longer online. This prompted me to research the vendor more thoroughly, which I probably should have done initially, and amongst the glowing reviews, I found some that said indeed it is a scam operation. I’m glad that my intuition ultimately did save me from being burned, but I also realize that my haste in placing an order without enough knowledge about which IOPs are legitimate and which are not was nearly a very costly lesson for me.

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
    jaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond repute
    jaders has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Polina View Post
    I am a bit freaked out. Found an IOP that had reviews on site that I am now realizing was a scam forum. Anyway, didn’t realize this until tonight but here’s the trajectory: After researching the site, I initiated communication with vendor, who did reply and ultimately placed an order. The vendor requested Western Union payment. Because I am totally inexperienced dealing with IOPs and have never used Western Union before, I accidentally selected a payment option that delivers funds approx five days following send request instead of an instant payment. In the meantime, I emailed vendor but communication was spotty. I was uneasy about transaction for several reasons, including the lack of buyer protection offered by Western Union, so I cancelled the payment. I emailed vendor and let him know that I had cancelled payment and would be resending payment shortly. The vendor emailed me today requesting new payment tracking number, but I stalled and said that I was waiting for funds to be returned to my bank account, as they were withdrawn despite cancellation. This evening, I decided to check vendor’s website to check the FAQ section, and found that the website was no longer online. This prompted me to research the vendor more thoroughly, which I probably should have done initially, and amongst the glowing reviews, I found some that said indeed it is a scam operation. I’m glad that my intuition ultimately did save me from being burned, but I also realize that my haste in placing an order without enough knowledge about which IOPs are legitimate and which are not was nearly a very costly lesson for me.
    You don't have far to go to get to the senior section, which will probably help a lot to find reliable vendors. Best to do that if you can... There are many who take more reliable forms of payment as well, which is better protection. I doubt there's a person on this board who hasn't been scammed once tho - maybe a few, but I think it's rare...
    Likes trish5959 liked this post
    The cause of all suffering is attachment...

@Polina Most of us have been burnt by the scammers out there ! your not far from becoming a senior member,keep posting and when you get to seniour status it is a lot more knowledgable in that section. Good luck
    Helpful Polina, pinkflower Rated helpful
    Likes Mrs Parker, songsiren liked this post

5. I wouldn’t call it a close call for me but a similar experience that I think should be told to warn people, especially “newbies” like you because no one deserves to be scammed.
    There’s a scam forum kano-kajak discussing ways to get a specific medication quite “safely”. It will send you to a really well designed website via the link researchchemsonline net although the landing site has a different name. All comments are very recent and they try to make it seem honest by writing comments mentioning how some people had to wait for a few weeks and how the panicked at some point but eventually all went well and they are so happy etc.
    Likes Polina liked this post

Pleased you found out in time Polina but your experience just goes to show what we are all up against. All too often it really is a lucky dip as to who to trust. One of the great reasons for this site where we can by and large depend on people who let us know how their experience has been. Best of luck in the future.
    Likes Polina liked this post

7. Ohh my, @Polina what a great intuition. I always try to attempt to read up on the ripoff report or pharmacy checker, some of those resources have saved me a few hundred. Great job.

8. Default Totally new to this all, too

I will admit i made a stupid mistake using a site that only accepted bitcoin and lost a few hundred dollars. I did a bit more research and seem to have found a site that so far looks like it is legit. The package tracking number was sent, its sitting in ISC NY as we speak. But at least I don't feel completely stupid and alone in making such a dumb mistake the first go around.
    Likes trish5959 liked this post

9. Close Call